he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 am

Post by implosion »

oh goddammit.
Unvote, vote: gandalf

Soben wrote:1. His vote had a reasonable basis, Pine stopped posting when pressured and he pointed that out.
2. Changing of reads and releasing information of why you're chaning your vote isn't a scum-tell.
3. I need to re-read into this more and have a discussion with S about it, but it looks like a valid point.
4. Vote hopping is certaintly not a scum-tell if anything it occurs more from town as scum don't like the attention it gives them. I don't see voting your weaker FoS over voting your stronger one a scum-tell, there's close to no scum-motivation for doing so.

1. No, he did not stop posting.
2. Opportunism is a scumtell, and only explaining his votes after making them illustrates that he may have just been following other people when he first made them. It's a way to be able to bandwagon without having to justify your own votes.
4. Look at his Pine vote. He had been talking about LMP for most of the game, with only one mention of pine in the past (to call him town) and then switched votes. Later, he changes from LMP to beefster (again, he talked about LMP a fair amount in early game but had been ignoring him for some time at this point) with only one previous mention of beefster. He then explains his beefster vote. He
still
hasn't explained his RBT vote, just that he's "that obviously scummy." In other words, he's sheeping without justifying his own votes. The key to the scum motivation in it is that he voted them as they were bandwagoned (e.g. opportunism), combined with the fact that in exactly one of his votes had he mentioned the person he voted for before the voting post. He's
making
these scumreads up on people that are being bandwagoned so he can join the fun, not voting for people that he thinks are wizards.

Soben wrote:You were saying that attacking lurkers is a good idea even though there's redirection, the fact that the players getting attacked are lurkers changes nothing and would lead to the following occurances:
1. Attacked lurker is town, they die we don't hit mafia.
2. Attacked lurker is mafia, they attack is redirected, we don't hit mafia.

Well first of all, there isn't even a guarantee of redirection (plus the only type of redirection that would really matter would be bus driving, as opposed to direct redirection targeting a single person's action). I've also (I think somewhere) expressed the possibility of limited-use protective abilities in scum hands, which could make this plan a good thing. The worst thing that happens is that we injure or lose a town-looking town-aligned player but learn about scum abilities. However, we could also have benefits (like pushing lurkers to post more, avoiding mislynches, killing scum, making scum use limited-use abilities). Essentially, it's setup speculation. But I feel like it isn't as risky as, say, the "claim at L-1" plan.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Bunnylover »

CryMeARiver wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:
CryMeARiver wrote:
Amrun wrote:And thx 4 the scumslip. Nice to know there are two scumteams. I'm assuming you're a mage.

Okay, then I'm right in thinking that was a slip.

HEY GUYS! SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR WALLS AND VOTE!

Vote: RBT

Unvote, Vote CMAR

You of all people would know in the last game their was magekillers. RBT was in the last game. Therefore assuming the game has magekiller would be logical from a past player.

Whew wow. This is bad.

1) Of course after he said that I remembered there were magekillers. But there is no way in hell I was thinking about that throughout the first 40 pages of the game. Why the hell would I reference the last game? There is no way he was thinking of that in my opinion.
2) Welcome back. How was lurking?
3) 43 pages and you lay your vote a) on me b) for that reason? You're either a fucking terrible player or scum. Or both.

1) Doesn't have to be in the first 40 pages. Mentioning it, would have jogged your memory. You immediately jumped to scum slip instead of anything thing else. To be fair, town could make the same mistake.
2) Ugh, not fun. 10 hours shift at work = tired me :(.
3) I'm a fucking terrible player ;D. Seriously, I hate days 1. Very rarely do I find something to vote at that I believe strongly in it.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Mana_Ku wrote:@LMP
What I'm talking about:
2 players wanted a longer RVS. You only mentioned one of them.
2 players kept their random vote, while calling a different player scummy. Only one of them got called out by you.
At least 3 players mentioned that they think that the claim plan won't work as town players won't claim. Rhetorical question: Did all of them get called out?
Get it now?

Beefster still shows how reaching he can be. Also, the 'explanation' about ABR not defending him is so bad ._. When Amrun's case gets questioned, it's :goodposting:. But when his case against Amrun gets questioned ... Just fill in the blank.

implosion wrote:
Mana-Ku wrote:@Implosion
Your wallpost is terrible. You mentioned that you were hydra-hunting, because there was little to go on. But in that same post, you agreed with Pine that there was scum on the SGR-wagon, which already existed when you looked at the hydra. This needs an explanation.

I explained this at the end of post 447.

You took the end of page 447 as a defence, while post 441 mentions that you priorized hydra-hunting over scumhunting as there was little to go on? Katy pointed already a few things out which you could have commented on and I did the last with the above quote. You're just looking or excuses.
And before you start denying it, you have commented on votes against Pine, but have yet not given a detailed opinion of the votes against SGR.

Agreeing with what's been said about Peregrine's 'catch-up post'

Though I had this feeling for a long time, I'm now putting up the request:
Don't make me comment on Snake ._. He's scummy and if I say more I'll have to think a few times which words I'll have to use...

SGRaaize wrote:
Mana_Ku wrote:True fact: LMP and me aren't the same person. What applies to me, doesn't have to apply to him.

I still like how you basically argue I'm Mafia by saying I am not a joker and by saying I am a joker.
Make up your mind, you weirdo. Only you could look scummy even though you claimed mason with someone that confirms you.

You've got to be kidding me. I questioned LMP about something you said. I am a player who takes 'it wasn't serious!!!' as possible when the signs are there. I don't know if LMP is like that as well. His opinion could have changed after you mentioned it was a joke.
And once again, what is important in that wall?

Fixed post 1020 ._.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Katsuki »

@Implosion: Gandalf is town. I suggest someone else.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Zdenek wrote:Mana_Ku, I'm not sure what you were getting at with the rule you quoted, but the same one was in the past game where there was a small scum group as well as the sorcerers.

Snow_Bunny wrote:The mageslayers weren't a scum group, they were a pair of SK whose main mission was to get the archmage

Nu-uh~
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Beefster »

@Mana_Ku: Out of curiosity, what exactly did you fix?
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Beefster wrote:@Mana_Ku: Out of curiosity, what exactly did you fix?

quote tags were done incorrectly ._.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by implosion »

Katsuki wrote:@Implosion: Gandalf is town. I suggest someone else.

Why?
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

implosion wrote:

Why?

Because lynching town is a bad idea?

/ICE
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

IceyCupcake wrote:
implosion wrote:

Why?

/ICE

Hahahaha

I really don't see anyone calling RBT town.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Amrun »

What does RBT have to do with that exchange?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Amrun wrote:What does RBT have to do with that exchange?

'Twas a separate thought.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

pee on you" - Chesskid

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Beefster »

I'm leaning town on RBT... sorta. It's hard to tell.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Beefster wrote:I'm leaning town on RBT... sorta. It's hard to tell.

This statement makes no sense standing alone. It's as if I had only said "This statement makes". Care to explain it and grant it some sense?
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by implosion »

IceyCupcake wrote:
implosion wrote:

Why?

/ICE

Why do you believe that gandalf is town? Why did you sidestep my question, which was obviously directed at the first half of your sentence?
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

implosion wrote:
IceyCupcake wrote:
implosion wrote:

Why?

/ICE

Why do you believe that gandalf is town?
Why did you sidestep my question, which was obviously directed at the first half of your sentence?

Implo, I'm going to break down why people find you scummy.

Bold
- Protown. You're asking why someone finds someone that you find scummy to be protown.
Underline
- You're painting Iecy out to be scummy for something that really isn't that scummy. That post would have been fine without the underlined portion. You're spreading out scumminess over multiple people for simple acts like that rather than focusing on one person.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

implosion wrote:
IceyCupcake wrote:
implosion wrote:

Why?

/ICE

Why do you believe that gandalf is town? Why did you sidestep my question, which was obviously directed at the first half of your sentence?

1. Read iso
2. ???
3. PROFIT!
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by IceyCupcake »

CryMeARiver wrote:
implosion wrote:
IceyCupcake wrote:
implosion wrote:

Why?

/ICE

Why do you believe that gandalf is town?
Why did you sidestep my question, which was obviously directed at the first half of your sentence?

Implo, I'm going to break down why people find you scummy.

Bold
- Protown. You're asking why someone finds someone that you find scummy to be protown.
Underline
- You're painting Iecy out to be scummy for something that really isn't that scummy. That post would have been fine without the underlined portion. You're spreading out scumminess over multiple people for simple acts like that rather than focusing on one person.

Coaching? :igmeou:
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

Yes. Because I don't think he's scum. But I suppose we'll find out.

Apparently I can only embed 5 quotes within each other. Fail. Not sure what to do here...No quotes I suppose.
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by implosion »

CMAR wrote:Bold - Protown. You're asking why someone finds someone that you find scummy to be protown.
Underline - You're painting Iecy out to be scummy for something that really isn't that scummy. That post would have been fine without the underlined portion. You're spreading out scumminess over multiple people for simple acts like that rather than focusing on one person.

The second part was to see how icey would respond to it. I don't believe that Icey is scum, which I've stated multiple times. Just because I ask someone a question, it doesn't mean that I think that they're scum.

Icey wrote:1. Read iso
2. ???
3. PROFIT!

I like all of the logic in this post.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

implosion wrote:
CMAR wrote:Bold - Protown. You're asking why someone finds someone that you find scummy to be protown.
Underline - You're painting Iecy out to be scummy for something that really isn't that scummy. That post would have been fine without the underlined portion. You're spreading out scumminess over multiple people for simple acts like that rather than focusing on one person.

The second part was to see how icey would respond to it. I don't believe that Icey is scum, which I've stated multiple times. Just because I ask someone a question, it doesn't mean that I think that they're scum.

Icey wrote:1. Read iso
2. ???
3. PROFIT!

I like all of the logic in this post.

Yeah but at the same time it allowed you to spread the idea of scumminess upon Iecy
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by implosion »

Yeah but at the same time it allowed you to spread the idea of scumminess upon Iecy

But I'm saying that Icey is town...
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

implosion wrote:

But I'm saying that Icey is town...

I realize this. Sighhhh. Nevermind.

What is your thought on RBT?

CryMeARiver wrote:Note to people:
If you fill HP or grant more HP, I would greatly appreciate it and put it to great use (a use besides the obvious having more health)
Show

pee on you" - Chesskid

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by implosion »

See posts 1086 and 1088.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Katsuki »

IceyCupcake wrote:@SGR: Gandalf is town due to the sheer number of times I have played with him in the past. I can read him like a book.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a