springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Post by springlullaby »

So after, Kinetic's last post I believe even more strongly that there weren't recruit choice sent in today and that the likeliest scenario is that both CR started with partner in crime. But I seems to be the only one of that opinion, for whatever reason, but that's okay.

Anyway, further comment on Kinetic's post: don't let the attempt at putting pressure get to you. If this day end in a mislynch, it's not the end of the world, it happens, you know it, and any balanced game will make sure that it doesn't mean auto lose for the town. What I'm trying to say here is not that today's lynch is not important, but that town should not be demoralized by scum (who doesn't have enough taste to wear fedora hat) antics. That was a public service message provided to you by your friendly banker: sad town means sad money ( I also so happen to be reading a book about the Psychological Warfare Branch in WWII).

Further comments incoming.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:22 am

Post by springlullaby »

1. I've change my mind about Ludi, rereading his iso and quick after a quick meta, I decided he may not be faking his obstinacy at outguessing the CR.
UNVOTE

2. On jester speculation. What can I say, my brain went like this: he makes more sense as newb town > but OMG scummy, can't ignore> do not compute>...>this is an unusual setup>...>jester?

Yosarian2 wrote:LL: IF I were you, I'd ignore it. We already know Kinetic is scum; if he talks about actual game related stuff, it could work to our advantage, but if we let him distract the town into a pointless side conversation that slows us down, worsens the signal/noise ratio, and waste valuable time, it only helps him and hurts us. Kinetic is smart, he doesn't do anything without a reason, and this is probably a gambit. It looks like he's trying to bait you for tactical reasons, trying to make you mad and keep you talking about non-game-related stuff to make you look worse, to both stall and confuse the town and probably make you easier to lynch. Don't fall for it.

In related news, I am pretty convinced now that at least Kinetic did not recruit Lady Lambdadelta. Baiting your lone cult recruit like that, making them more visible, would be terrible play; and I also don't think LL would get this angry at her cult recruiter, and, no offense, but I don't think she's probably the kind of player who's willing or able to fake that kind of anger. That doesn't prove she's town, of course, but it lowers the odds of her being scum.

This pings hard. It smells of buddying up while trying not to be obvious by adding a light playstyle berating to the mix, and while still leaving open the option that LL might still be scum. It's just not straightforward.

VOTE YOS
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

OH! I forgot another player I've played with: Katsuki. I've played with Katsuki.

Since Seraphim's going to post.

Nominations:

Chronopie
RaudhrGarm
Springlullaby

Depending on how the post is I might change again though.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

?????????????????????????

Who would recruit Chronopie? Even for WIFOM reasons?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Porochaz »

yos
lady lambda
and...
cobbler I guess, although as I said before I have issues with that one.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:32 am

Post by populartajo »

lady lambadelata was CECILY before.

and since we are assuming that recruiters made their choice early, then lambadelta is not a recruit

so no.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:33 am

Post by populartajo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:?????????????????????????

Who would recruit Chronopie? Even for WIFOM reasons?

+1
Call me Tajo.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:38 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

kinetic is freaking out. Means we're probably on the right track. Onwards boys!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:43 am

Post by populartajo »

Kinetic wrote:O god I love this. This is even better than one of my patented name claims. Please, get 100s of useless results. I mean, seriously, at BEST there are two people who MIGHT respond to this that knows SOMETHING, and they won't name themselves. Who in the world could really know ANYTHING.

What are these names going to accomplish?

hahahaha

Carry on. I mean, haven't you realized yet? If you do not kill one of Albert or myself today the game literally becomes a choice. Either choose between myself or him. We will both recruit faster than you can lynch, even assuming you get one every night thereafter. There is no amount of killing roles or unrecruitables that could stop that without greatly effecting the actual gameplay.

Day One is the day of the town.

Day Two begins the day of the cults.

Run your town as you will, tomorrow, your only hope becomes to hope you get recruited and not lynched by the other side so you can provide more numbers for your team.

Dance little puppets. Soon your strings will be cut.

knowing kinetic,

THIS MEANS WE ARE IN THE WRONG TRACK

otoh, we are maybe in the right track regarding abr who is suspiciously lurking.
Call me Tajo.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Kinetic wrote:O god I love this. This is even better than one of my patented name claims. Please, get 100s of useless results. I mean, seriously, at BEST there are two people who MIGHT respond to this that knows SOMETHING, and they won't name themselves. Who in the world could really know ANYTHING.

What are these names going to accomplish?

hahahaha

Carry on. I mean, haven't you realized yet? If you do not kill one of Albert or myself today the game literally becomes a choice. Either choose between myself or him. We will both recruit faster than you can lynch, even assuming you get one every night thereafter. There is no amount of killing roles or unrecruitables that could stop that without greatly effecting the actual gameplay.

Day One is the day of the town.

Day Two begins the day of the cults.

Run your town as you will, tomorrow, your only hope becomes to hope you get recruited and not lynched by the other side so you can provide more numbers for your team.

Dance little puppets. Soon your strings will be cut.

You act as if your only enemy is town.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Kinetic wrote:If you do not kill one of Albert or myself today
Mr. Flay wrote:Your "mob lieutenants" are the Cult Recruiters in this game - but the twist is they're Tree Stumps - you can't lynch them directly
I'll just leave this here.

Also, to note, we're running on bankable deadlines; if we let today run till deadline, Day Two only has 14 days.

I think Kinetic is just trying to churn the waters to needlessly deflect town's reasoning. I think we might be wise to ignore his ranting, and perhaps look suspiciously upon anyone who says otherwise. Also, ABR's lurking, IMO, is not a bad thing. I think the two lieutenants are better off being ignored (for the most part). I mean, iso them; there's not much there. Also, we
know
-- for a fact -- that they are anti-town.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 am

Post by Porochaz »

Just a reminder, this game by flays admission has tried to be made as balanced as it can. Town being unable to win after day 1 does not make it balanced. This is why he should be ignored, you respond in any way to him you start playing his mindgames and whilst he isnt WackaAlpaca. He will make you question your resolve.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:57 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I thought we determined on page 5 that we should basically ignore everything Kinetic and ABR say? Why is this still a topic of discussion? It's not that complicated.

Re Chrono: Chrono can easily be seen as a probable recruit, as someone who was recruited for a good majority of S1. It wouldn't surprise me at least one recruit is a returning player.

Re LL/Cecily: While I agree with the thought behind Tajo's 905, something is just really bothering me about the playerslot. Cecily wasn't exactly anywhere near townie to me, and LL hasn't improved my view all that much. As unlikely as it may be, I'm finding this one difficult to just ignore.

EDIT: What Prozac said.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Kinetic »

Bunnylover wrote:
You act as if your only enemy is town.

Are you claiming to be part of another scum group in this game?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Seraphim »

The difficult part about this game is that I can't openly declare my town reads. They become invalid over a single Day/Night phase. Scum reads, however, are forever. My play revolves A LOT around PoE my townreads and wagoning the largest of my non-town reads. This isn't going to work this game. I will have to reassess all players

No, I'm really not sure what to do this game. Cults are difficult to deal with and not being able to cripple them by killing the cult recruiter makes it even more difficult.

I agree with what many have said/are saying: ignoring the cult recruiters are in our best interests.

I also agree with DGB that trying to use "what would the cult recruiter think" is absolutely hopeless at this juncture. I could probably come up with a justification to recruit every single player here that would make sense.

Cobblerfone doesn't look good as of post 150

RaudhrGarm wrote:Optimism is the way forwards people.
Does this ring false or sound very similar to the shit Kinetic was spewing earlier?

Dear lord, so much talk, more rokk please.

Cobblerfone is...oh god. I want to lynch him so bad. Now that he's claimed unrecruitable we may have to.

Alright. I'm up to page 10. Yeah, there's not a lot here, but I'm keeping a personal list of temporary town reads and shit that I'm not posting here.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

springlullaby wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:LL: IF I were you, I'd ignore it. We already know Kinetic is scum; if he talks about actual game related stuff, it could work to our advantage, but if we let him distract the town into a pointless side conversation that slows us down, worsens the signal/noise ratio, and waste valuable time, it only helps him and hurts us. Kinetic is smart, he doesn't do anything without a reason, and this is probably a gambit. It looks like he's trying to bait you for tactical reasons, trying to make you mad and keep you talking about non-game-related stuff to make you look worse, to both stall and confuse the town and probably make you easier to lynch. Don't fall for it.

In related news, I am pretty convinced now that at least Kinetic did not recruit Lady Lambdadelta. Baiting your lone cult recruit like that, making them more visible, would be terrible play; and I also don't think LL would get this angry at her cult recruiter, and, no offense, but I don't think she's probably the kind of player who's willing or able to fake that kind of anger. That doesn't prove she's town, of course, but it lowers the odds of her being scum.

This pings hard. It smells of buddying up while trying not to be obvious by adding a light playstyle berating to the mix, and while still leaving open the option that LL might still be scum. It's just not straightforward.

VOTE YOS

I disagree. He saw that Kinetic-LLD interactions made them an unlikely scumteam, but she could be Albert's recruit. So I think Yos's post was reasonable, even if it did leave options open.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Nobody Special »

bvoigt, LLD replaced Cecily, whom we have decided was a very unlikely recruit. Do try to keep up.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Katsuki »

Only have two to list, which I already did.

Yos
Chrono
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 am

Post by bvoigt »

Nobody Special wrote:bvoigt, LLD replaced Cecily, whom we have decided was a very unlikely recruit. Do try to keep up.

Yeah, I think LLD is town, but Yos's reasoning makes sense.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Battousai »

xvart- You think Ludi wouldn't be recruited because he put his neck out by saying that the CRs got someone they personally know is solid and have played with that player, or are 'veterans'? Which is, you know, preemptively saying don't look at the newish people (himself).

Again I ask this. To anyone who has been prodded: Do you have to respond to a prod in thread or can you just send Flay a PM?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

springlullaby wrote:

...what are you talking about?

It's completly streightfoward. I think LL was not recruited by Kinetic, you can tell that by their interaction. It does leave open the possibility that LL was recruited by Albert, but it's still a useful fact to know.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Herodotus »

I'm not sure my opinions really fit with the 3 candidates survey, but:
Spring
Chronopie
Yos2
in no particular order, with:
Redacted
Redacted
Redacted
Redacted
Redacted

behind them, in that order. Edit: that's probably too many names to list without helping the CR's.

Some absurd overreactions to an irrelevant comment back there.
If you care about someone making incorrect assumptions about you, you should stay as far away from the internet as you can get. Or do the opposite: link your account to your video blog, biography, etc.

ooba wrote:Kinetic's bringing this up cause his recruit is getting some heat over the last few pages. Combine that with the fact that he tried to disparage my "I've found scum" post even before I posted (and after I'd said I'll be taking a look at Magister and tajo), I'm guessing tajo is Kinetic's recruit ..

Chronopie is a good fit for the first supposition. I had just placed a third vote, and there were two non-Chronopie-voters who had just named him among their top three.

Bunnylover wrote:Do you understand why this is scummy :O?
Lets lynch the lurkers, because the cult recuriters will go after someone who actually has a chance to be lynched and leave alive the people who contribute who probably are recruited and therefore has a higher chance of been scum.
If this wasn't a cult game, your thinking would be correct. Because this is a cult game, your thinking is wrong.
Cult plays differently from scum.

I don't understand you at all.

DrippingGoofball wrote:Who would recruit Chronopie? Even for WIFOM reasons?

Someone who hasn't played with him, but saw that he has a scummy for his play as mafia (even if it's a team award). Especially if the recruiters sent three names, as ooba and I thought might be likely.

@Chronopie, Albert, and Kinetic: Has either CR played with Chronopie before? If so, link to game(s) please?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Herodotus wrote:@Chronopie, Albert, and Kinetic: Has either CR played with Chronopie before? If so, link to game(s) please?

I don't remember.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

ABR: You played with Chrono in OoT mafia and in RC's Metropolis game.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by xvart »

Battousai, 919 wrote:xvart- You think Ludi wouldn't be recruited because he put his neck out by saying that the CRs got someone they personally know is solid and have played with that player, or are 'veterans'? Which is, you know, preemptively saying don't look at the newish people (himself).

I believe all the recruitment occurred prior to the start of D1, and therefore, those that were recruited prior to D1 starting would decline to get overly involved or stick his/her neck out during D1. I'm saying Ludi's behavior early D1 is opposite of what a recruited player's behavior most likely would be; and therefore he is not recruited; not the other way around as you were suggesting.

My prod pm was void of any standardized information or procedure. It asked for more content.

I'm thinking Chrono is Kinetic's recruit.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”