Newbie 1091 - Turmoil in Mobsville: Day 4

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Rhinox »

[Low Key] wrote:Oh btw, I believe the NK should of been Rhinox. I think we had a decent chance of WIFOM-ing a Prosaurus lynch.

Possibly, but hands down best nk would have been ranmaru I'd have had nothing to say to change Pros mind. What, would I try the "Why would I leave you both alive you both wanted me dead" line? Glow woulda said something like "thats what you wanted us to think but that obviously failed" and pros woulda accused me of WIFOM and then I'd be dead.

Not to mention, pros woulda been my preferred lynch choice over glow and pros woulda never voted glow over me. I'd have had to first realize glow was scum, and then I'd STILL have to convince pros not to vote me - 2 things that probably weren't that likely to happen.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Hmmm, interesting. Maybe this is a case of not actually being in the game again...

I thought if Ranmaru was killed the NK speculation would of hung Glow out to dry...

Hmm, well ya I suppose a Ranmaru NK could of worked too...

Well good point. I guess we can agree that the Pro NK left nowehere for scum to hang their hat. :(
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Ranmaru »

@Rhino: Ah I agree, replacing in really helps to form my reads too. I actually like replacing in as opposed to starting. When starting I have to GENERATE info and it gets me in the spotlight and lotsa omgus everywhere WHEE HEE WHOO HOO HEAR U GO.

Oh I see, lol. I wouldn't want to be nk'd actually, and I am glad I wasn't. My gambit's purpose wasn't for Glow to paint me as scum, but half to keep me in lylo. I was wishin for it. Actually, I thought I was getting nk'd, so I went ahead with attacking Glow so that u guys would have had something to look at.

From my pov it was:

OH HAI IM RHINO AND IM SUPER TOWNIE READ DEFENDER BACK OFF YE SCUM!

oh ok, you weren't very clear either lol. Your response to him was more of a "OH SO U CALLING HIM SCUM NOW EVEN THO HE SUPAH TOWNIE BRAH?!?" instead of a "Oh hai u didn't clarify if you mean he is scum for that or not it is very vague and you could get away with that later as scum not sayin u scumbro but ya" lol. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I actually am fine with asking people their thoughts on me. I'm can defend myself, and I am a straightforward person.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:57 am

Post by [Low Key] »

Ya if you play scum as good as you play town I completely ph3@r u.
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Yea prolly. : D
Prosaurus
Prosaurus
Goon
Prosaurus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Prosaurus »

Silly silly Glow. Here's what could have happened;
1. You NK Ran, any scum would after his obv townness, it's a null read.
2. I thought you were more town than anyone else.
3. I'd probably side with you.
4. You could have won.

Anyway, I'm happy to help make history too. We should all get a prize of some kind :D
[Win/Loss-Team]
[2/2 -Town]

[0/0 -Scum]

[0/0 -3rd Party]
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Ya, you know they say that in the real world of espionage, the spies get caught because they believe they are caught because others have noticed them but in reality they gave themselves away with no one actually suspecting them.

I think that's a similar mindet to the "I'll get suspected for the NK for sure" mentality. I fell into it as well as Glow and I would of NK'ed Rhinox for it but you raise a great point in that you wouldn't of even suspected Glow for NK-ing Ran.
Descent
Descent
Goon
Descent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by Descent »

I have to ask Glow and Low Key, why the fight earlier. Was that to throw the suspicion off of Glow?
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Nope that was me trying to lynch Glow. I had no way of knowing that ultmately the town would be split on her lynch and all I saw was her flatlining and Rhinox talking about L-1 votes with a little demon face.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

I was right she was scum! XD
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I liked when you caught some of Glowball's bad postings, LK. For example, the "...if you do get NK'd everyone's going to assume I am scum, while they don't have to worry....it would suck for me" quote. You really helped Glow cover for herself.

Oh yeah, Glow! One more thing. Whenever I pointed at legit scumtells/scumposts, she would ignore it. I knew why she was ignoring it, and I just took advantage by asking questions that she has instead also ignored haha.

Basically, Glow, you have to sort of answer most of everything. If you ignore LEGIT things that are scummy, it'll look BAD for you. You have to accept ALL points. :P This means you have to be more careful not to slip up, because in the future you WILL be caught for such things.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Dekes »

Hey guys, posting from phone. Hopping on a train heading home in a bit . I see you already know who won. I'm gonna make it official once I'm home in a couple of hours.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by wierdalexv »

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

FINALLY WON A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Just want to say though, Glowball, you NEVER self-hammer. IT IS WORSE THAN GIVING UP. IT'S GIVING UP FOR YOUR ENTIRE TEAM. [LOW KEY] TOO. so NEVER do that.

Anyway, I played too badly to deserve to give out any criticism, unless you ask.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

alex, I didn't think you played that poorly, except the beginning of D2 really made it look like you were LK's scum partner. You said you didn't believe his claim, so then a guilty shouldn't have made his claim more believable. The way you kept asking about his reasults or that "I don't believe your claim but lets hope you got a guilty line" made it look like you talked with him during the night and were expecting him to come in and fake claim any minute so you could change your stance and agree with him and vote me.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Dekes »

Votecount 4.2

glowball (L-0): Ranmaru, glowball

Not voting: Rhinox

The time has finally come. Only the three of you remain. Two of you who want to save Mobsville from the evil forces of the mafia and one who's goal is to destroy that plan and help his superiors to take over Mobsville.
glowball finds herself quickly cornered by Ranmaru. Relentlessly, he attacks her, demanding about her whereabouts and her past history in Mobsville until she cracks. Before Rhinox can intervene, glowball grabs a gun and puts it at her head.
"You'll never catch me, you bastards!" she screams and pulls the trigger. Horrified, the two remaining males look at each other. Is it over?
"I'm not the traitor." Ranmaru says.
"Neither am I." Rhinox replies, shrugging his shoulders.

That means...it is finally done! Your organization has finally rid itself from the traiterous cancer. You suffered great losses, but in the end, the good and brave people of your organization have prevailed. Will the organization still be strong enough to expel all evil forces out of Mobsville?
Well, this is another story.

glowball,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 4.

Rhinox,
Vanilla Townie
, and Ranmaru,
Vanilla Townie
, survived and win Newbie 1091, along with the other members of town. Congratulations!
[/color]
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Dekes »

Setup and role distribution:

6x Vanilla Townie
1x Town Doctor
2x Mafia Goons

1. zMuffinMan: Vanilla Townie
2. wierdalexv: Vanilla Townie
3. glowball: Mafia Goon
4. [Low Key]: Mafia Goon
5. Ranmaru: Vanilla Townie
6. Descent: Town Doctor
7. Prosaurus: Vanilla Townie
8. Ion67: Vanilla Townie
9. Rhinox: Vanilla Townie

Night action resolution

Night 1:

Descent protects [Low Key] - successful, no effect
glowball kills zMuffinMan - successful

Night 2:

Descent protects Rhinox - successful, no effect
glowball kills Descent - successful

Night 3:

glowball kills Prosaurus - successful

Quicktopics:

Mafia Quicktopic
Dead QT

Mod comments:

I'm a little late to the (end-)game, so I'm gonna keep it short here.

First, thank you all for playing and making this quite a special game. Not always easy to folllow, but never boring. I'd love to play with all of you again, you've always been active, no personal attacks and followed the rules just swell. I'm not worried about anyone of you, you're well-equipped for a successful mafia career. Special praise, of course, go to glowball, who almost pulled off the win against quite some odds (e.g. the IC and both SE's were town which is usually tough for a a Newbie scum team), and Ranmaru, who looked at every detail and analyzed his own and others' reads over and over, even though glowball was considered town by the majority of town.
Since all of you already did a great job at pointing out the excellence and mistakes in your fellow players, here three little things that I think will help you with your game:
1) Wall-of-texts: I'm pretty sure, you know that it got out of control here and there, but especially Day 1 became messy at times. Two main things here:
- Don't try to convince your scumread that he's scum by answering and re-answering everything ad nauseum. He will never, ever agree with you no matter how hard you try. Attack the points you think are scummy, show those things to others and leave it at that.
- Don't make huge walls pointing out connections between players if none of them have flipped. It can very well happen that you wasted a lot of time and energy presenting a case on two players connections with each other and then they both flip town. Make yourself notes if you some suspicious connections and only after one of the players has flipped scum, go back to these posts and present your evidence of a possible scum team connection.
2) Vote count analysis: This goes out to wierdalexv and glowball.
- Don't use multiple vote counts if nothing changes in between those counts. That's repetitive and boring for others to read and will not reinforce your initial point.
- Only use the vote counts you think are very telling. You want to bring your point across that you think you have found scum. Don't use vote counts where your suspect is voting unsuspiciously (not on the counterwagon of his buddy, non-voting, etc.)
- If you're town, approach the VCA impartial. Especially wierdalexv's vote count seemed too biased. He basically called every single vote of glowball scummy, not matter what she did. If someone's vote is neutral, admit it, scum don't always mess up their votes. Calling every single vote by someone scummy is scummy.
3) Nightkill WIFOM: This is for glowball. Night kill WIFOM is vastly overrated and almost never worth trying it. I've been in the situation myself and made the same mistake and I think almost everyone does it the first time they have to decide whom to take into LyLo. But if someone called you scummy before he will probably not gonna change his opinion the next day, no matter who got killed. Because it can be argued either way. In your specific case, if you had killed Ranmaru, Prosaurus could've gone into D4 and be like "Well, why would Rhinox not kill me? He knew I was suspicious of him. Maybe it is glowball after all...but wait, Rhinox must've known that I would be wondering about the night kill and maybe he expected me to change to glowball based on the NK. Ha, nice try, Rhinox!" See, it's just that: WIFOM ;)
But if anything, that should give you more incentive to win the next game :)

Well, it got longer than expected after all, lol. Anyway, thanks again for playing and for saving Mobsville. See you around, guys!
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:07 am

Post by [Low Key] »

wierdalexv wrote:YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

FINALLY WON A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Just want to say though, Glowball, you NEVER self-hammer. IT IS WORSE THAN GIVING UP. IT'S GIVING UP FOR YOUR ENTIRE TEAM. [LOW KEY] TOO. so NEVER do that.

Anyway, I played too badly to deserve to give out any criticism, unless you ask.

Actually I saw your game improve drastically after I was lynched. Your later posts impressed me and were actually threatening to the remaining scum.

Excellent vote count analysis although you missed how Rhinox "conveniently" (scum view sorry ha ha ha) remained off of my wagon although pushed for my lynch. :P
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:11 am

Post by [Low Key] »

EBWOP: On your VC analysis my comments take away nothing from what Dekes said agree with them completely except to note that post a "non-suspicious" VC should be used for impartiality and thorough analysis. :)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I have to confess... the question about Ranmaru being a cool guy... it really wasn't needed to attain a read. :D
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”