Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Well so far i've
tried
to put in some thought to my vote, except yours obviously. :P
But im just pointing out that
Awesoma wrote:I hate to be posting a LOT, but I believe Thor is innocent. In most of his games, according to his Wiki page, he virtually never got scum.

doesnt stop him being scum in this game.
I'd just be careful saying he's innocent because he isnt scum alot, this could be the exception :P
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Awesoma »

Hellhound1 wrote:Well so far i've
tried
to put in some thought to my vote, except yours obviously. :P
But im just pointing out that
Awesoma wrote:I hate to be posting a LOT, but I believe Thor is innocent. In most of his games, according to his Wiki page, he virtually never got scum.

doesnt stop him being scum in this game.
I'd just be careful saying he's innocent because he isnt scum alot, this could be the exception :P

I know, he easily couldve gotten it this time, but based on his "Luck" Id say he is innocent for this Day (Day1) only. Once we
find out another person's role, then That will make the voting process much clearer in term\s of who we think is guilty and innocent.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

I'd like to hear cloudocean's latest opinion on Thor, and your opinion on Thor and Cloud, Awesoma.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #2

cloudocean:
Thor665, ninjacheese, Hellhound1, Awesoma (L-1!)

Thor665:
Scumhunter
Hellhound1
: hiplop,
Awesoma

Swag136:
cloudocean

Not Voting:
Awesoma
, startransmission, Swag136, cloudocean

Deadline is on July 6th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Awesoma wrote:I guess Im going to jump on the bandwagon.

VOTE: CloudoceanVOTE:

I'm counting this vote. But please try to preview your posts before submitting in the future - it's easy to miss a vote like this.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 am

Post by cloudocean »

@Thor665
1. See post 39. That would make 3 yes'es = conclusion affirmed.
2. I love it when people bring up the "town knows that they aren't scummy" argument. This is wrong because town
can
be scummy. The goal of a townie is to get scum lynched. Being scummy and thereby avoiding lynching scum is not in the best interest of a townie. As such, a townie should work towards not acting scummy.
3. "Retroactive RV reasoning." <-- This doesn't make any sense. You completely ignored my explanation without refuting it. Are you saying that reaction testing an experienced player is going to reveal more interesting results than reaction testing a newb?
4. The bandwagon I was trying to start. I was trying to salvage my efforts, and thereby try to continue the BW.

@Awesoma
1. I never said you accused me. Why do you continue to bring up a non-existent argument?
2. I was replaced the second game. Also, mafia goon =/= SK. Also, why do you keep bringing up old games? Moderators don't assign roles based upon what the player has been in the past.
3. You are defending Thor... because he hasn't been mafia a lot.... obvious scum team is obvious?
4. Why would you hop on to the BW? You have stated multiple times before that it's too early to make a decision. In addition, you have expressed interest in voting wisely to catch scum. Hopping onto a BW for no reason =/= voting wisely. Like Thor, you're contradicting yourself. You advocate scumhunting and yet you BW mindlessly. Prove me wrong by bringing up an unique point that indicates I am scum. (i.e. What have I done in between the post where you said you've never accused me and want to continue thinking, and the post where you BW).

@Hellhound1
1. You never gave your opinion on Thor's contradiction. What makes him town? He hasn't done anything remotely townie. Buddying (calling ninja town), using faulty logic (calling my revote explanation a retroactive RV), and contradicting himself (see most recent posts by myself) is hardly townie.

@all
Here are my reads so far
1. Thor: Buddied ninja. Faulty logic that requires a refutation of my own revote explanation - a refutation that was never made. Contradicted self. = Scum.
2. Awesoma: Makes decisions based on past roles. Contradicted self (see #4 under Awesoma in this post). Buddied Thor. = Leaning scum.
3. Ninja: Was buddied by Thor --> leaning town. No need for scum to buddy their own partners so early on...

Everyone else is null.

Vote: Thor665

Reasoning: See above.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Forgot:
When I say "Being scummy and thereby avoiding lynching scum is not in the best interest of a townie." I mean a scummy townie is probably going to get lynched. This would avoid lynching scum (@Thor #2)
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

cloudocean wrote:
@Hellhound1
1. You never gave your opinion on Thor's contradiction. What makes him town? He hasn't done anything remotely townie. Buddying (calling ninja town), using faulty logic (calling my revote explanation a retroactive RV), and contradicting himself (see most recent posts by myself) is hardly townie.

I think calling ninja town was sarcasm, because he did nothing. The only thing for that would be a REALLY over obvious scum team, and i dont think he's that stupid, so unless im wrong, which is entirely possible, he's town.
It sounds to me as well that he thinks you're scum, and hes fitting the evidence to it, which is all we have to go on so far..
Also i feel that the random voting
very quickly
ended, because he had a hunch on you, and its BW already.

But without everyone else's input (swag, hiplop etc), the guys who havent yet said anything on the current issue, i cant really say. Maybe one of them will try jumping on the BW, and we catch scum, or it BWs on them..
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by cloudocean »

@Hellhound1:
1. I asked him if it was a joke. He gave a shitty reason. It was not sarcasm. Also, scum buddies wouldn't buddy eachother.
2. What evidence? I explained my revote logic. He never gave an actual refutation. He literally said "so silly! random RV retroactive reason! obvious scum!"
Please give me 3 bullet points of reasons that I haven't refuted.

3. You also act like he's the only one fitting evidence.
I have asked you multiple times about his contradiction and you have ignored me.
I don't understand why you are ignoring that point.
4. You are voting me. Yet you offer no definitive evidence or reasoning. You are advocating scumhunting based upon BW'ing of people who have yet to contribute. I would like to remind you that
I am at L-1
. If someone hops on my BW I am lynched. This is a fallacy in itself.
5. [quote=Hellhound1]Maybe one of them will try jumping on the BW, and we catch scum, or it BWs on them...[/quote]
THIS IMPLICITLY ADMITS THAT I AM NOT SCUM
. Why are you voting for me if you think that we can catch scum based upon who votes for me?
6. Why are you sheeping blindly and literally sucking off the IC? I am getting frustrated.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by cloudocean »

Mod, what is your policy on double posting?

@edit
1. "random RV retroactive reason" = Meant to say RV retroactive reason. Mistyped in my rage.
2. Dunno why the quoting didn't come out right

@all
Will be gone for the rest of the day. I am assuming that we aren't going to be lynching on the first real life day of the game/3 pages in.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

1) So you're happy to say that buddying with ninja wasnt a scum move?
2) Sorry but its not so much the evidence you've given but more the suspicious withholding of information at the start, it just seems dodgy, and until i see someone else do something that scummy im holding my vote on you, answering #4.
3)His contradiction seems relatively small to me, more like he got confused about what he was saying, i will go back and re-read it again however, and see what his reply to your latest questions to him were. If they contradict ill pull my vote off you, but so far i think he's managed to explain it..
Actually, I said it wasn't 'that' scummy - which is totally different than saying it wasn't scummy

it wasn't that scummy until you couldn't explain it right away - #24

5) Sorry, but theres 2 scum players, if you're one theres still a chance we catch another..
6) Im not, if something else comes up to prove your innocence then i will quite happily take my vote off you, regardless of what he does.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

cloudocean wrote:@Thor665
2. I love it when people bring up the "town knows that they aren't scummy" argument. This is wrong because town
can
be scummy. The goal of a townie is to get scum lynched. Being scummy and thereby avoiding lynching scum is not in the best interest of a townie. As such, a townie should work towards not acting scummy.
3. "Retroactive RV reasoning." <-- This doesn't make any sense. You completely ignored my explanation without refuting it. Are you saying that reaction testing an experienced player is going to reveal more interesting results than reaction testing a newb?
4. The bandwagon I was trying to start. I was trying to salvage my efforts, and thereby try to continue the BW.

1. Except - no, it doesn't, because the one no was a very important no because you dramatically changed what I actually said to something that means totally the opposite of what I said.
2. I disagree, but in any case you were worried more about looking town than about scumhunting - that is scummy.
3. I didn't ignore your explanation at all. I did make it clear that I believe you're being dishonest - which is as much refutation as can be provided.
4. ...not buying it, because you went into hardcore defensive mode. Plus, you had no deeper reason for being cagey with your explanation of changing your mind but tried anyway. That there was no reason to delay the answer shows that you were actually delaying giving the anwer for a strategic reason - since you haven't shown any reason my summation is that the reasoning is to buy yourself time to come up with a "reason".

cloudocean wrote:2. Awesoma: Makes decisions based on past roles. Contradicted self (see #4 under Awesoma in this post).
Buddied Thor. = Leaning scum
3. Ninja:
Was buddied by Thor --> leaning town. No need for scum to buddy their own partners so early on...

Relevant points bolded.
This is an actual contradiction - shouldn't either ninja be scummy or I be town by your logic? Why the two different methods?
Oh...right, you're scum. Never mind.

Please address the part of your "Thor is contradicting case" where I specifically pointed out that you made up what I said and thus got a different meaning.
I don't feel like you're actually reading my posts - which is scummy.

@Hellhound - please do re-read my "contradiction" I deny it even exists and deny that I was confused.

======================random IC bit=============================

@Ocean - when asking a mod a question it is general practice to bold the question
Like this
so the mod notices it. Usually I go;

@MOD - question?

By havint it as its own line and bold, and specifically calling out the mod you're more likely to get an answer. PMs also work.
I've never seen a mod yet with a double posting policy unless it was part of the game setup.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Mod, what is your policy on double posting?

Absolutely nothing wrong with multiple posts in a row.

As an aside, Thor is correct about how to go about asking the mod a question. I didn't see clouds question, but I DID see Thor's @Mod: Question? and then I looked back at clouds post.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

Thor665 wrote:
@Hellhound - please do re-read my "contradiction" I deny it even exists and deny that I was confused.

I see what you mean, he took the context out of your words and twisted them, like he's reading too much into your words.
Im with you on this, anyway, so ill keep my vote where it is, reasoning being that you(cloudocean) keep trying to twist things round to take heat off of yourself.
Oh and your own contradictions need seeing to, they dont make sense unless you're scum and you're trying to throw us off of you.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Hellhound1 wrote:I'd like to hear cloudocean's latest opinion on Thor, and your opinion on Thor and Cloud, Awesoma.

My opinion of Cloud is on the previous page
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Awesoma »

cloudocean wrote:@Thor665
can

@Awesoma
1. I never said you accused me. Why do you continue to bring up a non-existent argument?
2. I was replaced the second game. Also, mafia goon =/= SK. Also, why do you keep bringing up old games? Moderators don't assign roles based upon what the player has been in the past.
3. You are defending Thor... because he hasn't been mafia a lot.... obvious scum team is obvious?
4. Why would you hop on to the BW? You have stated multiple times before that it's too early to make a decision. In addition, you have expressed interest in voting wisely to catch scum. Hopping onto a BW for no reason =/= voting wisely. Like Thor, you're contradicting yourself. You advocate scumhunting and yet you BW mindlessly. Prove me wrong by bringing up an unique point that indicates I am scum. (i.e. What have I done in between the post where you said you've never accused me and want to continue thinking, and the post where you BW).

@Hellhound1

@all
Here are my reads so far
1. Thor: Buddied ninja. Faulty logic that requires a refutation of my own revote explanation - a refutation that was never made. Contradicted self. = Scum.
2. Awesoma: Makes decisions based on past roles. Contradicted self (see #4 under Awesoma in this post). Buddied Thor. = Leaning scum.
3. Ninja: Was buddied by Thor --> leaning town. No need for scum to buddy their own partners so early on...

Everyone else is null.

Vote: Thor665

Reasoning: See above.

You bring up a valid point, and I do know that roles are assigned randomly. Since you seem to have a good argument and that other players are starting to look suspicious in a valid way, and not just a mindless voting way, then I withdraw my vote.

UNVOTE: cloudocean
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Awesoma »

I hereby present to you: Awesoma's Summary of All current events, Votes, accusation, and summary of the current character of player.
Bullet points are win, therefore, that is what this guide is mostly composed of. I will be quoting posts as well
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Awesoma wrote:I hereby present to you: Awesoma's Summary of All current events, Votes, accusation, and summary of the current character of I, the player *fixed*.
Bullet points are win, therefore, that is what this guide is mostly composed of. I will be quoting posts as well

Computer Fail >.<.

Anyway. Keep in mind that I am biased on myself.
Awesoma

-When the thread first started Awesoma, or me, exhibited characteristics of wanting to vote fairly. From thereon, I jumped on the bandwagon that was
the random voting scene, that was started by Hellhound1. After reading his first post, I pulled an OMGUS, and voted him for that time being, as we had no events and it was at what I would like to call, a mindless voting stage.
-I noticed that cloud was the new bandwagon, and that there were already 3 votes in for him. Since he seemed so "suspicious", I decided to look into him. Because it was still random voting, I contradicted myself a bit on the "Fair Voting" and blew that all to hell. Sticking to the random voting scene that was still going on in page 1 and at least half of page 2, I started looking up at other's previous games, and as roles are assigned randomly, I based it off a "luck" factor. This luck factor was obviously very silly on my part, and to be quite honest, immature. However, the state of the game at that time dictated the way Awesoma (Me/I) acted.
-TLDR of this bullet point: I voted Cloud
-Finally, on page three, decent analytical behavorial analysis was already taking place, and as such, actually gave something to back-up a vote. This is where we are now.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by hiplop »

just based off of meta, this is definitely not scum-cloud-ocean. Usually lurks to shit as scum. cant say much atm due to whats next in this post

mod, sorry im going to have to go v/la, something serious happened and i wont be able to be on until friday/saturday
third best scummer of all time
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #3

cloudocean:
Thor665, ninjacheese, Hellhound1,
Awesoma
(L-2)
Thor665:
Scumhunter, cloudocean
Hellhound1
: hiplop

Not Voting:
startransmission, Swag136,
cloudocean
, Awesoma

Deadline is on July 6th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

hiplop is V/LA until June 19th.

My birthday is on June 18th, so I may not be around much/at all on June 18-19. But the forcasted party is fairly tame so I'll probably find time.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by startransmission »

Oh hell, I come back after a long day only to find the new game I'm in has started, and is on page 3 already. I'm off to bed, I have another double tomorrow, but I will have ample time to post and catch up before work.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

Awesoma wrote:-Finally, on page three, decent analytical behavorial analysis was already taking place, and as such, actually gave something to back-up a vote. This is where we are now.

However you removed your vote from cloudocean, even though he accused Thor of contradiction, while he himself contradicted himself

cloudocean wrote:2. Awesoma: Makes decisions based on past roles. Contradicted self (see #4 under Awesoma in this post). Buddied Thor. = Leaning scum.

Also,

Awesoma wrote:I know, he easily couldve gotten it this time, but based on his "Luck" Id say he is innocent for this Day (Day1) only. Once we
find out another person's role, then That will make the voting process much clearer in term\s of who we think is guilty and innocent.

Who says that we'll find out another person's role? What if we just have a doctor? Unless, of course, you are the mafia rolecop.
That makes me think you have a power role.
ninjacheese
ninjacheese
Townie
ninjacheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:13 am

Post by ninjacheese »

sorry.
Haven't posted in like 24 hours and we're already on page 3!
I'll read through and post soon.

im going to
Unvote
becuase my first vote was just random and i only said "because he changed his mind" as a random reason. I just want to read through first.
ninjacheese
ninjacheese
Townie
ninjacheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 am

Post by ninjacheese »

I have some questions for people

@cloudocean- Why do you keep taking things out of context? you seem to be delibratly miss-quoting people so that they seem scummy. You have done this with Hellhound and Thor. could you say why?

@Awesonna- You have exsacly the same chance of getting a role as someones else, its basic rules of proberbility.
Also what do you gain form evaluating yourself? We are more likely to catch scum if you evluate other people.

@Thor- Who are you greatest town reads at the moment? I believe you to be leading town as all your posts seem constructive.

Thats all for now. Im going to wait for the answers before I Vote, if there is a reason to.
ninjacheese
ninjacheese
Townie
ninjacheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 am

Post by ninjacheese »

EDIT- that was meant to say "leaning town" not "leading town"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

ninjacheese wrote:@Thor- Who are you greatest town reads at the moment? I believe you to be leading town as all your posts seem constructive.

That's an awkward question to ask in a newbie because so many new players actually are pretty bad at sending out proper town vibes early because they're still trying to even figure out how to play the game - much less play it well. I don't have a town read I would be happy to call town right at this stage. If you twisted my arm I'd probably say...hellhound as long as I'm right about cloudocean? Meh. Stay tuned, I usually just shout out my town reads as I get them anyway - yours went away the instant you unvoted, nobody else has generated one, when I get a new one I'll let everyone know.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”