Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Grimmjow »

cymru96 wrote:just to throw this out there- I've been watching without saying anything.
I don't know what else to do without the inactive people sapeaking their mind.

And just out of the shower long enough to see this... Lurking, perhaps?

@VE: I'll get to your post just now later, as that will take much more time than I currently have.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Man...I must really be wrong about a lot then.

@cymru
Perhaps give us your reads on the 4 most active in town, bigAl, Miss JJ, Grimmjow and myself. Until we get some more info from the rest of town, we're the only ones with enough to get a good read on. Maybe ask a question or two for the inactive players to answer when they get back. Maybe tell us your favorite color. I fail to understand why we should let you skirt by almost as inactive as those who aren't posting, only because you came in and claimed 'Yeah, I'm here...I'm just not posting anything that might incriminate me'. The rest of town who IS participating isn't having any trouble coming up with stuff to say.

bigAl is looking less and less suspicious, and it appears that my vote may be needed elsewhere.

UNVOTE: bigAl

Step it up cymru96. Daylight is wasting.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:12 am

Post by cymru96 »

My favorite colour is Blue and I don't like jam on toast.

I don't really know what to think about everyone because there's a lot of stuff to decipher. I think that Miss JJ has made it very clear that my typo was deliberate. I think she is scum and is trying to get me lynched by going on about how it was ot a typo. Anyone who read it would know that it makes no sense but only she seems to think it was serious.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.04

cymru96 - 1 - bigAl
Grimmjow - 1 - Miss JJ
VisceraEyes - 1 - Zihark
Zihark - 1 - cymru96

Not Voting: tucah, Workdawg, Grimmjow, Yonzy, VisceraEyes

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: June 30 -- (expired on 2011-06-30 11:00:00)

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:33 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@cymru
Someone having suspicion of you does not make them scum. If you think her reasoning is faulty, that's certainly your business...but don't expect anyone to support your campaign based on nothing but "She is trying to get me lynched" If you think you can build a decent case against Miss JJ, I encourage you to do so. I for one think Miss JJ is playing pretty standard town, but obviously that could be her intent.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 am

Post by cymru96 »

@VisceraEyes
I don't expect anyone to support my "campaign." I was asked my opinion and I gave it.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

cymru96 wrote:@VisceraEyes
I don't expect anyone to support my "campaign." I was asked my opinion and I gave it.

VOTE: cymru96

You SHOULD expect EVERYONE to support your "campaign" because that's what we're doing here. If you think she's scum, vote her and try and get everyone else to vote her because we're here to find and kill scum my friend. You were also asked your opinion on bigAl, Grimmjow and myself, so at this point I'm wondering which of those 3 you're protecting by avoiding giving your opinion on them.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by bigAl »

Grimm wrote:As far as I can see, he's not been in any other games on the site. Granted, yes, he may have been in games on another site, but as far as this one goes, he's not been in any other games. So I'm not necessarily willing to buy this one yet.
I must say that your lack of faith in people is... very high. I mean, it's important to be sceptical in a game like this, but pointing out things like the above, (or not believing that the servers were down in #33) is getting my suspicions up. We have to trust each other to a minor extent.

@cy - even though 9 active is probably not going to happen, better to have 5 active people than 4. Don't hesitate to post just cause no one else is.

VE wrote: [stuff about only four active players] This shouldn't bother only me.
For what it's worth, I pointed out the same thing a few posts back.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by bigAl »

@Nobody Special: Okay,
now
can we have a prod/replacement on Zihark? :) Yonzy been gone for a while too.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I will take that as a request for both prods.

Both Yonzy and Zihark have been prodded. If they have not posted in the next 48 hours, replacements will be sought.
....what?

Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Grimm said a couple times that VE is consistently missing things ("oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever") but I haven't really noticed that, and he didn't provide examples...

@Grimm
- could you provide some examples of where you are seeing this?

@VE
- I don't think cym should EXPECT people to support his campaign. Everyone should be challenged and he should have to make a good case if he wants us to vote for his target.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by bigAl »

You were also asked your opinion on bigAl, Grimmjow and myself, so at this point I'm wondering which of those 3 you're protecting by avoiding giving your opinion on them.

I'd also like to hear cymru's opinion on this. He seems very hesitant to say anything at all at this point... I can understand being overwhelmed but it doesn't have to be like VE's #104... even a simple summary of your general feelings towards everyone would be good.

Also, thanks NS!
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Just got off work, was getting ready to head to bed and was going to update tomorrow, but this caught my eye, so I figured I'd answer it now, since it's such a short answer.

Workdawg wrote:Grimm said a couple times that VE is consistently missing things ("oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever") but I haven't really noticed that, and he didn't provide examples...

@Grimm

I stated this was the case in his post 104 and it was discussed between 105 and 110 with VE and JJ. My point was that we have been paying attention to cy for his "I'm scum" statement, but we were not as concerned when he misrepresented things in VE's 104.
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Everything else I'll get to tomorrow, since I'm going to head to bed.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

UNVOTE: cymru96

FoS: Grimmjow

For his general scummy behavior and evasiveness. Analysis to follow.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

The Case of
Grimmjow

Ultimately, I intend to push for Grimmjow's lynch this day, barring some kind of unbelievably scummy action by someone else.

Spoiler: Exhibit A
Grimmjow wrote:
VisceraEyes wrote:@Grimmjow ... Do you have some other reason to be defending Workdawg so harshly I wonder?

Uhm, where was I defending Workdawg exactly...? I don't think I ever even mentioned his name.
Yonzy wrote:Grimmjow, I don't think you understand what RVS is.

How can you call a vote random when you give a reason behind your vote? RANDOM: proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern. HEY, IF YOU LIST A REASON, THAT'S NOT RANDOM KTHNX

This post initially set off my scum-sense. As I've stated before in #104, he called Yonzy's reasoning for voting Workdawg 'bullshit' several times. But in this post, he's on the defensive, saying he's never come to Workdawg's defense.

I even proceeded to explain to him why I saw what he was doing as a defense of Workdawg, and he never acknowledges it. Simply doesn't mention it again.

What he DOES do is get ultra-defensive after mis-reading that very post. See Exhibit B.

Spoiler: Exhibit B
Grimmjow wrote:Ok, quick phone post.

@VE: you said you
know
me? How exactly do you know me? Because I've never played in a game with you, we haven't spoke on the forum, and I've only played in one game, which I lost, so I hardly can see where you
know
me.
Also, don't take anything I say as being angry right now. Trust me, if I get angry in a game, you'll know it. Ask JJ.

I'm out of the apartment right now, so I'll update more later with my current reads, etc. But I'm still checking the thread when someone posts.

The content of this post is pretty irrelevent. He misunderstands what I'm saying and gets super-defensive about it. Also note that he promises to update more with his current reads. This update never comes, as he comes home from a wine-tasting and is in no condition. He does mention that he does NOT believe cymru's claim that his noob-slip was actually an accident.

Finally he posts his reads. They'll be labeled Exhibit C.

Spoiler: Exhibit C
Grimmjow wrote:So, I'd like to throw this question out there, then: what is your read on people thus far?

As for myself, the only person I have marked off my list thus far (though that in no way means I'm not still going to be watching) is VE. I can see where Al is playing the town IC role, but at the same time, I'm still suspicious of him because of his IC role, and based on this:
bigAl wrote:With 7 townies and 2 mafia, it would generally be very bad for the mafia if they jump on a lynch real quick at this point.

I could see this as not only coaching town players into something to watch for, but I can also see this as coaching a newb-scum buddy into not doing something.

Everyone else is essentially a null tell for me thus far, with, perhaps, the exception of cy, but that's based off his "prove I'm scum" comment, which, more and more, I can see as just a typo (though I still can't really see HOW one would miss an entire word like that). But I don't think scum would be that stupid. However, I can see how it could have been a subconscious slip. JJ thus far has been null for me as well, but I'm going to be even more critical of her because in my last game, she replaced in as scum and they ended up winning. I'm not willing to place my vote on anyone thus far, however. Also, in my last game, two townies were lynched because of lack of participation (as JJ can back up), and I really don't want that to happen here. So those out there that are not really participating, please do.

AND FOR ALL YOU NOOBS OUT THERE THAT DON'T KNOW BETTER (I'm a noob too, but I learned this in my last game), VOTING SOMEONE DOES ADD PRESSURE, BUT PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T HAMMER SOMEONE OR PUT SOMEONE TOO CLOSE TO A LYNCH JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT PARTICIPATING. Perhaps the best thing to do there is to continue to pressure that person, and watch out for lurking (because if they're lurking frequently, I totally see that as scummy).

What I find the most interesting about his "reads" is that aside from "marking me off his list", he has NO reads at all. None. Look at how long that post is. Go ahead, open up the spoiler and look again. Not a single read is in the entire thing. Not a single stance he can be held to, not a firm opinion on a single thing.

But don't worry: he's got a tip for noobs at the end. One that has not only already been stated, but one that has been relieved as not much of a concern anyway. Not only that, but he opens it up with "What is YOUR read on people thus far?" Really? You literally JUST promised to come back and give us your reads, and the first thing you say is "What are YOUR reads?" It sounds more and more like you're waiting to hear someone else's reads so you can bandwagon onto their opinion, as to keep yourself free of scrutiny. Oh wait, his NEXT post only confirms this vERY SUSPICION! Enter Exhibit D.

Spoiler: Exhibit D
Grimmjow wrote:Just popping in real quick to post what I found funny (hahah, not "huh" funny)

VisceraEyes wrote:Am I some kind of Mafia prodigy with impeccable reads?

Bullshit.

Anyway, I am going to reserve my judgements until more people post on their reads. I'm curious to see what everyone things. I already have some comments that I might make towards VE's post(s), but I would like to see a few more respond first.

Bullshit indeed. I thought you were town. Clearly he's hiding behind other peoples' analysis because he's too afraid to give an opinion on someone.

Finally, after prodding from Miss JJ, Grimmjow decides to post on actual opinion on someone. We'll call it...Exhibit E, F and G.

Spoiler: Exhibit E
Grimmjow wrote:Ok, wow, lot's to catch up on.

VE wrote:Second, it seemed obvious to me at the time why bigAl didn't give a reason and claimed his vote was not random.

Oh did you? I don't see anywhere that you gave any indication that was the case. I'm certainly not saying that you didn't, but you gave no idication that you did. Anyone could go back and say "Oh, I knew that reason" and there be no way to prove it. That's beside the point, but I'm just sayin'.

JJ wrote:If you did NOT believe this was a typo you have absolutely no reason not to vote him AND put him at L-2 to at the very least turn the heat up on him and get more than a couple of sentences in response.

Ok, so perhaps I didn't state it well enough, but essentially what I was trying to say here is that even though I didn't believe that it wasn't a slip, I didn't have any more evidence to support a scum theory at the time. And as VE stated:

VE wrote:This post has been answered for by cymru96. He claims that it was a typo and that he hadn't meant to imply that he was actually trying to prove that he was scum. Fair enough. I can only assume that when he says he didn't mean to type it, he didn't mean to.

I'm not willing to say "I can only assume" this was the case, because, as I stated, I don't think this is the case, however there's nothing else to go on here and nothing left to say.

And, as far as that goes, I'm not willing to jump the gun and "assume" he's telling the truth, especially with such a blatant statement as "prove I'm scum." And with VE's assumption here, my "VE is town" has changed to null, and I'm going to keep watch on him.

VE wrote:because he got lynched in his last game trying to scumhunt, which would amply explain his paranoia of appearing too scummy.

cymru wrote:I'm trying to show that I'm not mafia 'cause in the only other game I played I was just trying to find mafia and got lynched in less than an hour.

As far as I can see, he's not been in any other games on the site. Granted, yes, he may have been in games on another site, but as far as this one goes, he's not been in any other games. So I'm not necessarily willing to buy this one yet.

Lynch all liars. Isn't that the mantra? I'm not calling cy a liar, persay, but I don't have evidence that he's not lying.

With that being said:

@cy: can you link us to that game where you got "lynched in less than an hour"?

This post is getting long, so I'm going to break it up. I'll post more in a bit.

Basically this post opens claiming he doesn't trust a quote from one of my posts. He continues by implying that he doesn't trust anything cymru says. He brings up the slip some more, and even requests a link to a previous game to prove an absolutely inane point.

Spoiler: Exhibit F
Grimmjow wrote:Now I do find the back and forth between VE and JJ to be interesting (#105-110). I find it interesting that we have put so much emphasis on a "slip" by cy (granted, it was a blatant "I'm scum" slip) and yet we're not really questioning VE's MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever. JJ seems to be making sure to clarify everything he says about her, which is legitimate. VE calls JJ out in post #110 saying:

VE wrote:I find interesting is that page 5 is going to be almost exclusively dedicated to my reads-post, and the only comment you had on any of it was clarification on you, someone I only gave a limited, non-analyzed read on in that post. This can be viewed a couple of different ways...The most obvious is that you're scum and you don't want ANY suspicion cast on you, no matter how little or inconsequential. The other (and the one I'm more inclined to believe) is that your posts have been used in the past by scum out of context and you're overly concerned about being understood entirely.

However, she does go back and clarify:

JJ wrote:Sorry I missed this earlier. I was just posting on a break during work so I didn't have much time... but I am concerned about your posts about
anyone
being clear. I just didn't see where you got your vote count.

This statement here puts me at a town read for JJ. Had she simply stated that she did want to make sure that posts about
her
were clear, then I'd have an issue here, but she stated that she was concerned about
anyone's
misrepresentation.

As far as that goes, VE's multiple oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever makes me even LESS inclined to believe him to be town.

Ok, next topic.

bigAl wrote:I haven't played a game here in a while (before quicktopic was officially introduced), so I don't know if mafia members can see (but not post in) the qt thread during the day, but I assume they can. Meaning that even if it wasn't a two way conversation, I would have had time to post some advice at least. If I were mafia that is.

This is true. The qt is available during the day phase to view. However, just because the IC/SE posts things in there and the noob sees it later does not necessarily mean that the IC/SE remembered/had time to post EVERYTHING. I admit this is breaching into the WIFOM territory (I think I'm using that right), but, as a friendly SE/my boyfriend once stated to me, WIFOM is scum's greatest weapon.

This statement did catch my attention, however:

bigAl wrote:True... but an experienced mafia is less likely to slip-up than a new mafia, which means that a player's experience does matter when considering how suspicious someone is. But yes, we shouldn't assume that there will be an experience player in the mafia group.

That rings more town IC than scum IC to me. If he were scum, he wouldn't want to be drawing attention to his IC-ness as a means of covering stuff up. So I'm willing to say he's a town read for now, but, again, I'm definitely keeping an eye on him simply because he's an IC. I'll be more suspicious, but I'll try to give it a fair go.

Post number 2, concluded. Post 3 will be up soon.

This post is basically a play-by-play of JJ trying to clarify a bit in my first analysis post. Ultimately he decides that he's got a town read on JJ and not a town read on me. Fair enough, but note the reason (stated twice in this post)...MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever. I wanna type it again because I feel it just flows off my fingers. MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever.

What's funny is that he thinks I'm scum because I misread the thread, and JJ corrected me. I thought that was that. And I thought that Grimmjow had a TOWN read on me before this. What that says to me is that he does NOT, in fact, have a non-town read on me...that he IS, in fact, scum trying to cast doubt and suspicion.

Also he's trying his hardest to trust bigAl. Resolves to give him a fair go.

Spoiler: Exhibit G
Grimmjow wrote:So I've only got time for one more for now, so I just wanted to say one thing, because this bugged the shit outta me.

JJ wrote:And then there's the game with me - sure, I was mafia but that alone is no reason to think I am in this game. To me some of these things seem either paranoid or contrived.

Grimmjow wrote:JJ thus far has been null for me as well, but I'm going to be even more critical of her because in my last game, she replaced in as scum and they ended up winning.

Ok, so here's the deal. WHERE DID I SAY I THOUGHT YOU WERE SCUM JUST BECAUSE OF OUR LAST GAME? Nowhere. Period. I didn't say that I thought you were scum. I just said that I was going to be more critical of you. And you wanna know why? It's called META, I'm sure you've heard of it. Hell, noob-me has heard of it. And, yes, I may not have a lot of meta on you, but I've got enough that I can pick out a couple of things, maybe. So, if you're so concerned with other people being misrepresented, why misrepresent me? But, like with VE, either and oversight, or blatant attempt to make someone else look scummy to take eyes off you. I'm just sayin'.

That's it for now. I'm going job hunting (yay...) and I've got to work tonight (HATE MY LIFE). So I'll likely not be able to post more until tomorrow. But we'll see.

Basically he just gets super-defensive about Miss JJ "misrepresenting" him.

Directly following his thoughts, I asked him to clarify HIS post, as I felt he was, in fact, misrepresenting ME....blatently.

Spoiler: Exhibit H
Grimmjow wrote:
cymru96 wrote:just to throw this out there- I've been watching without saying anything.
I don't know what else to do without the inactive people sapeaking their mind.

And just out of the shower long enough to see this... Lurking, perhaps?

@VE: I'll get to your post just now later, as that will take much more time than I currently have.

Pokes his head in long enough to cast a little doubt on cymru and promise to clarify his "MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever" comment. Yet, he doesn't. His next post will be Exhibit I.

Spoiler: Exhibit I
Grimmjow wrote:Just got off work, was getting ready to head to bed and was going to update tomorrow, but this caught my eye, so I figured I'd answer it now, since it's such a short answer.

Workdawg wrote:Grimm said a couple times that VE is consistently missing things ("oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever") but I haven't really noticed that, and he didn't provide examples...

@Grimm

I stated this was the case in his post 104 and it was discussed between 105 and 110 with VE and JJ. My point was that we have been paying attention to cy for his "I'm scum" statement, but we were not as concerned when he misrepresented things in VE's 104.

Oh, so now we're clear. You're saying what you've been saying all along. That my ONE misreading of the thread that has been long corrected by Miss JJ equates to the same thing as being "MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever" (I love typing that ^^) and is more scummy than, as you percieve him, a lying cymru. Fine.

As a result of your repeated evasiveness and scummy behavior, I officially:

VOTE: Grimmjow

Good morning to you, sir.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Yonzy »

post coming soon...
I have a loott of reading to do..://
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:06 am

Post by cymru96 »

@ VE

I was hoping for an a-z but oh well...

General feelings-
Viscera Eyes- Either scum trying to get Greimmjow lynched of a town super-investigator.
Yonzy- Hard to tell cause he hasnt done much yet.
Miss JJ- As I previously said, I think she's scum.
BigAl- I don't think he's scum cause he hasnt really done anything scummy. Saying that, he hasnt been really townie either.

Vote: Miss JJ
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Look at the cute little official looking header he posted complete with bold red lettering of my name to instantly imply that I'm scum. How quaint.

I apologize in advance about the length of this. But a lengthy case on me requires a lengthy rebuttal.

VE wrote:I even proceeded to explain to him why I saw what he was doing as a defense of Workdawg, and he never acknowledges it. Simply doesn't mention it again.

You know what's funny to me? In both of my games, a noob has been accused of the chainsaw defence.

Ok, the part of this that really bugs the shit outta me is where you say "he never acknowledges it." So when I say flat out that I didn't even mention his name, how is that not acknowledging people thinking that I'm defending him? Also, you comment on me being "defensive," yet I have explained that I am just abrasive like this in a game. And even further than that,
you
, sir, even turned around and said:

VE wrote:Why I said you were defending Workdawg, I guess I should've said you were PRESSURING Yonzy.

So why should I even have to acknowledge your accusation that I was defending Workdawg when you yourself said that's not what you meant? So are you trying to misrepresent me now? Or is this just another one of your oversights?

As far as your cute little exhibit B goes, you say I got ultra-defensive? No, this was just mildly defensive. And why was I defensive? Because I misread something and thought you were trying to point the blame at me and that you were trying to get credit behind your statement by saying that you know me. My freakin' bad. The way it read to me was "nonsense reason like everyone else...see red wine
and because I know you
." I was not reading it as red wine being an example of nonsense reasoning and the "I know you" that JJ pulled out as an example as well. Again, my freakin' bad.

I really feel like I should have a monocle when reading through this guy's post here. And a mustache.

EXHIBIT C (DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN)
Wow, big problem with me not really having any reads? Big friggin problem with the entire game having gone less than 80 posts and me not having any real solid reads? I told everyone flat out that YOU were on my town list. Granted, I didn't explain why, but is that really any different than Al voting Cy but not stating a reason? But really, isn't a VOTE on someone more intense than saying that you think someone's town? And I even stated about bigAl how I was suspicious of him, and even gave a reason why I was suspicious of him. And then I turned around and stated, which goes along with my friggin reads, that I pretty much was null on everyone else, but that I have a bit of meta on JJ so I was going to keep watch on her.

Now, keep in mind this: less than 80 posts into the game, and you even stated later in the game, no much earlier than this post here, that there were only 4 real players in the game. Ok, I talked about you (1), I talked about bigAl (2), I spoke about JJ (3), and I'm the one posting this (4). Hell, I even talked about cy a bit, which goes outside of that "only 4 real players" box.

And as far as giving helpful advice to noobs goes, I didn't want to loose town players based on inactivity/lack of content. Which is what happened twice in my last game. Which is what I stated. Which was caused by noobs jumping on a bandwagon without thinking because players were not active. Which I stated. You've REALLY got a problem with me trying to be helpful to the town?

For your "D," you're whole thing here is that I'm hiding behind other peoples' analyses because I'm too afraid to give an opinion on someone? Except that I've given my reads on people, and when I have posted with any real content, I post my opinions of people. So this is complete "Bullshit indeed."

Ok, rude.
VE wrote:...even requests a link to a previous game to prove an absolutely inane point.

Inane? Bringing out the big boy vocabulary here, no? And how is this inane if I cleary stated in the exact same post that "lynch all liars" being the usual mantra, I didn't have evidence one way or the other. So, I requested that he give me evidence that he wasn't lying. And, hey, guess what, he didn't.

And oh how fun it really is to type MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever. Except that I copy and pasted. And where I was trying to say that you had your *COPY/PASTE* in the same post, which JJ made sure you clarified, and there was 6 posts worth of clarification and then turning around and pointing blame at JJ, who was making sure you were not misrepresenting things.

Jesus, understand this. I'M NOT GETTING SUPER-DEFENSIVE WHEN I TYPE IN CAPS, YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT. Except I was that time. I've stated PLENTY of times that that's just me. And as far as "defensive about Miss JJ 'misrepresenting' him" goes, just like when JJ wanted you to clarify things about your post so she didn't get misrepresented, I was doing the same. I don't want people in this game to make a move based on inacurate information. So yeah.

As far as the "clarifying" things about you goes, your "multiple" included not only stating the votes wrong on me, but also not even being able to see that JJ had in fact voted me.

Ok. I want to take a step back here for just a second.

-You were making statements about how close I was to being lynched, when that wasn't the case.
-Now, you're writing a monologue of a case on me based on faulty reasoning and false evidence.

Both are about lynching me. Why are you so trigger happy to lynch me, especially based on all this poor logic and obvious inability to
count

Now back to this long headache...
VE wrote:promise to clarify his "MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever" comment. Yet, he doesn't.

Except in my very next post I did. Your case on how I promised to clarify but didn't, yet in my very next post I did, is utter bullshit and a blatant lie.

VE wrote:That my ONE misreading of the thread

Except that in this you didn't just misread the thread, you also misinterpreted the the thread not on one thing (the vote count on me), but on two (JJ's lack of but actual vote). And honestly, I don't see how you could have miscounted the votes. Just quickly scrolling through (and I encourage everyone to do this; it's fun; try it on your own name too and see what happens) I counted ONE time that my name was even in bold since the game started. And that's going from your 104 post where you miscounted the votes. And I didn't even take the time to read anything before then while scrolling; I just looked for my name in bold, which is how votes are counted.

And he makes one more cute little comment/blatant misinterpretation/LIE:
VE wrote:and is more scummy than, as you percieve him, a lying cymru. Fine.

Please, please, I beg you, tell me where I said I saw you more scummy that cy? Please do that for me. Because I don't recall doing it, and I can't find it in the thread.

So, here's a fun little problem we have here...

VOTE: VisceraEyes
for his repeated attempt at misrepresenting the facts, ignoring facts, and blatantly lying about facts.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Grimmjow wrote:Now I do find the back and forth between VE and JJ to be interesting (#105-110). I find it interesting that we have put so much emphasis on a "slip" by cy (granted, it was a blatant "I'm scum" slip) and yet we're not really questioning VE's MULTIPLE oversights/misinterpretations/exaggerations/whatever.

Grimmjow wrote:I stated this was the case in his post 104 and it was discussed between 105 and 110 with VE and JJ. My point was that we have been paying attention to cy for his "I'm scum" statement, but we were not as concerned when he misrepresented things in VE's 104.

For the record, you're rudely picking apart the presentation of my case more than answering for the reasons I think you're scum. I'm not saying you're not answering to the charges I'm bearing on you, simply that your post reads more like you're making fun of me than actually defending yourself.

I find that extremely scummy by itself, but that's probably just because it's aimed at me.

Grimmjow wrote:You've REALLY got a problem with me trying to be helpful to the town?

What I've got a problem with it trying to APPEAR helpful to the town by saying something 2 other people have said before already. From my experience, Mafia tend to try and APPEAR pro-town by posting or agreeing with statements made by others previous. THIS is why I found that PARTICULAR post incriminating. Notice I haven't posted any of your OTHER helpful-to-town posts. Those were good, sound advice that hadn't been brought up by others.

Grimmjow wrote:Inane? Bringing out the big boy vocabulary here, no? And how is this inane if I cleary stated in the exact same post that "lynch all liars" being the usual mantra, I didn't have evidence one way or the other. So, I requested that he give me evidence that he wasn't lying. And, hey, guess what, he didn't.

Lynch-All-Liars typically refers to people lying about in-game things...like "I got blocked last night" or "I'm the Cop". Not passing quotes about previous games that one is trying to learn from. If you asked me to post you one of my games from Team Liquid, I'd tell you to go straight to hell...because I was a total n00b in those games and it's flipping embarassing. And it's none of your business what I do on other sites. And I say that KNOWING I have nothing to hide. I called it inane because who CARES if he was slightly exaggerating about getting lynched in the first hour...if he was lynched in the first day, that's probably what it felt like to him. I'm ABSOLUTELY not concerned about Meta...especially in a NOOB game where, technically, we're ALL supposed to be almost VOID of previous experience.

Grimmjow wrote:Except in my very next post I did. Your case on how I promised to clarify but didn't, yet in my very next post I did, is utter bullshit and a blatant lie.

No, you didn't. What you did was site the EXACT SAME statement, the back and forth between JJ and myself, and consider the matter closed. But you put SPECIAL EMPHASIS on the fact that I've done this MULTIPLE TIMES...you're counting the same instance of me mis-reading the thread as MULTIPLE instances of trying to deceive town. It's NOT bullshit. It's NOT a blatant lie. It's fact.

I understand that most of this pressure FEELS more powerful than it actually is. That's no reason to get personal and attack my playing-style. As rude as I think you've been so far in the game, I haven't attacked YOUR play-style. Only calmly, coolly (and cutely =P) stated the reasons I've found you scummy.

Grimmjow wrote:YOU FRIGGIN IDIOT.

And I hope everyone else sees your vote for what it is, a vote on me because I voted on you. Until I brought any attention to bear on you, you've considered me town. Now that the light shines your way, people can see you for what you are. Don't get mad at me about it.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.05

Grimmjow - 2 - Miss JJ, VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes - 2 - Zihark, Grimmjow
cymru96 - 1 - bigAl
Miss JJ - 1 - cymru96

Not Voting: tucah, Workdawg, Yonzy

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: June 30 -- (expired on 2011-06-30 11:00:00)

V/LA: ...
....what?

bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by bigAl »

Al reads the big long posts. Al rereads the long posts. Al blinks. :eek: Al starts rereading again...
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Sorry Al, was there something you needed clarified? I know it's a wall, but it's content worth reading.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Seeking a replacement for Yonzy, per his request.
....what?

Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Workdawg »

lol... I agree with Al. I have to say, this kinda reminds me of the bickering I've done in my past games.

When someone starts to rub me the wrong way, via scummy actions or not, I tend to really let loose on them... and that's what I'm seeing here. It seems to me like the two of you have gotten into a fight and it's clouding the situation. I don't necessarily dislike it, as there's a lot more going on now because of it... but I don't really see anything that's screaming scum from either of you, despite it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”