Newbie 1112 ÔÇô Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Uite »

• Votecount 1.8

[
    ]
    racerman13
    ~
    brokenscraps
    easjo682

[
    ]
    brokenscraps
    ~
    chkflip
    Johhog

[
    ]
    BS2000
    ~
    glowball

[
    ]
    glowball
    ~
    Abatedfungus

[
    ]
    Abatedfungus
    ~
    camn

Not Voting:

BS2000
    racerman13

Notes

• With
    alive, it takes
    to lynch
  • The deadline for Day 1 is Monday, 27th of June 2011, at 22:23 CEST (UTC+2)
  • glowball
    is V/LA through the 21st
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Johhog »

This game is DYING. Where is everyone? I'm like alone here, or so it feels when I watch the thread around 30 times a day. Soon it must be prods on everyone. Lulz.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by BS2000 »

I'm with you Johhog. It must be my newb showing but i can't seem to find much to talk about.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

Alright, let's be productive instead of counter-productive and commenting that the dead thread is dead. I like glowball's step up by way of fleshing some reads out. I think it'll be revitalizing if we all did the same. We don't all have to go through the whole list if you don't feel the need, but maybe we can make some top 3 lists, compare notes, and go from there.

I'd like Johhog and BS2000 to go first but I'm working on my own and won't wait to post either way.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Abatedfungus
Abatedfungus
Townie
Abatedfungus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by Abatedfungus »

I will try and put something together. Will have a wall ready Saturday.
This game is a drag.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:38 am

Post by chkflip »

Mine will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning.

I know glowball irl and I think she hurt herself. I'm pretty stressed/worried about it, but I'll get to this for sure.

Apologies for holding this game down (especially as IC) but these are pretty extrenuating circumstances.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 am

Post by camn »

Hey guys.
I am been moving apartments this weekend.. but I have kind of slacked off here, so I gotta do this:

Abatedfungus
sinani206
-- So. Sinina was not just lurky.. but SCUMMY-lurky, imo. Fungus coming in is a plus.. but the entry sucks. Back to the random questions? wtf. Needing time? wtf. Then a big case on racer as a "lock".. but a lurker-pressurevote??? WTF. This wall better be good because so far
YOU ARE SCUM.

brokenscraps
Spadille
-- As I stated.. I think Spad was too over-the-top to be scum. Scum take it down a notch when they are getting roasted, in my experience. Him replacing out was bad.. since we lose his activity level. Brokenscraps has yet to post? so my read is still
LEANING TOWN

BS2000
--
newbtown
. ISO 6 is especially townie.

glowball
theperson
-- Maybe I am being touchy.. but I sont like thepersons random vote.
He goes out of his way to REALLY MAKE SURE that the randomness is arbitrary. That is scummy. Glowball enters better.. so maybe it is nothing. Hope he is not dead.
MEH_NULL

Johhog
The language quirks throw my off.. but when I envision his posts in a swedish accent, I get a
TOWN
vibe.

racerman13
- I simply cant see newb-scum going after my on that crap-case around iso 10. Its too much like suicide.
TOWN

camn
Katsuki
(SE) -
obvtown

easjo682
(SE)- SHE IS FLYING UNDER THE RADAR. Hmm. I hadnt noticed this till now. She talks.. a little, but doesn't say much. I'll be watching.
MAYBE SCUM

chkflip
(IC) - I still question whether this "GAMBIT" of his was really that.. or if it was a pure crap-case thrown out to try and railroad me.It is very suspicious.. but I dont think a Day1 IC lynch is good. IC's tend to get killed when they are town, so we will deal with him later.
NULL READ

---------

thats is.
looking back.. I am happy with my vote. Lets get to lynching.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Johhog »

Oh right, I will update my reads a little after the glorious (?) entrances of Abatedfungus and glowball.

Spadille
is still my top scumread, he started to look more town but this is confusing.
After some rereading he now looks obvscum. I made my wall and soon after that Spadille replaced out. Scraps haven't written anything yet.

Racerman
could possibly be newbscum.
Look more scum now after promising a wall that never came. I will watch this guy.

Can't say anything about
Sinani
, possibly lurkerscum but he might well just be a lurker who has forgot about this game.
No Abatedfungus which honestly did a pretty failed entry. But the going back to RQS just make him look very newbtown to me, so actually it changed my read to the positive side. :P

camn - very unsure. From the start I thought town then I thought scum and now I think probably town again.
Still confused. Uh. I'm changing my read on camn all the time.

easjo I have a very neutral read on. Seems to contribute little but when she say something it's often very reasonable.
Haven't posted more since last time, but after some rereading look pretty - I can't actually name my feeling. I just have a feeling something is not right.

theperson is neutral as he haven't write anything basically. Reason why I don't think he's lurkerscum is because he's SE and should know better (maybe a little WIFOM, I know) and if he say he is busy with life, I suppose he is. Would be very cheap to lie about something like that.
Now glowball. Gave some reasonable reads. Null-slightly town I think.

BS2000 is pro-town, but hard to get a grip on.
Yeah, acts very townish. One of my biggest townreads.

chkflip seems very obvtown, but that may be because he's the IC.
Yeah. After some rereading seems not as much obvtown as before, but still town.

Johhog is obvious obvtown, of course. ;)
More obvtown than evah.

So my reads is something like this, from scummiest to most town:

Spadille
racerman13

sinani206
camn
theperson
easjo682

BS2000
chkflip

Now it is:

Brokenscraps
racerman13

easjo682
camn
Abatedfungus
glowball

chkflip
BS2000

camn: My English is
THAT
bad? Oh well, I feel a little sad for it, but thanks for telling me so. And btw I don't know what a swedish accent is - guess it's pretty hard to hear when you're from that country. :P

chkflip: Really sad to hear about glowball. Of course this Mafia game is something that isn't important in the big picture, so you're free to do whatever thou wilt. I hope glowball - well what can I say - gets happier?

glowball: Take your time if you are busy with life. Mafia is not the most important time in the world. :(
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by camn »

NO!
Its not bad at all.. but
slightly
off-kilter. Enough for me to misjudge the emotional parts of things.

thats all.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by BS2000 »

Ok here's a couple reads

Spadille/brokenscraps
: Brokenscraps has yet to post anything which doesn't bode well for his chances. Spad seemed like easily the most scummy player to me. IMO until brokenscraps posts some convincing reads/content, it would be a mistake to not make him our first lynch. Feels like the safest lynch to me, but i'm gonna give a bit more time before i put a vote in.

racerman13
: the whole wanting to give wall post on spadille but holding back thing hurt his rep, and his posts felt a bit sketchy to begin with.
Abatedfungus
Abatedfungus
Townie
Abatedfungus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by Abatedfungus »

>>Camn
camn wrote:Abatedfungus sinani206-- So. Sinina was not just lurky.. but SCUMMY-lurky, imo. Fungus coming in is a plus.. but the entry sucks. Back to the random questions? wtf.

I'm sorry if going back to the random questions was bad this is my first game. I just thought it would be fair if I answered them too.

camn wrote:Then a big case on racer as a "lock".. but a lurker-pressurevote??? WTF.

I figured that we should hear from the other players. There's no reason for me to vote for racerman13 when we still have lurkers who need to be forced out of hiding. Also Spadille just left which weakens my case. The majority of it was based around his actions towards Spadille. With Spadille gone there's no link between them.

camn wrote:Needing time? wtf.

If needing time is scummy you should also pressure chkflip.

chkflip wrote:I'd like Johhog and BS2000 to go first but I'm working on my own and won't wait to post either way.

camn wrote:You won't see a defensive post, scrub.
When I see something worth talking about, I will. This game has barely begun.

You seem to get aggressive when people question you, normally this means you have something to hide.

camn wrote:Spadille is looking to be the worst kind of terrible player.. but right now I think likely town. He, at least, is not afraid to post.

UNVOTE,
VOTE SINANI206

This guy, on the other hand.. he needs to get in the game.

You would clear some of the mud if you could please explain your thought process behind this. I would be the second person to ask for an explanation.

BS2000 wrote:
camn wrote:I have not "hopped suspicion", whatever that is. I have only expressed suspicion of one person so far.

Then why did you call Spadille town out of nowhere and vote sinani?

camn wrote:
camn
Katsuki
(SE) –
obvtown

Why did you say this?
This game is a drag.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Johhog »

Lulz. I'm pretty sure I can answer your last question Fungus. Because it was her reads. Duh.
Actually I sort of like your case on camn but this is her normal play style, the aggressiveness and that things. Um, yeah.

camn: Glad to hear my English wasn't extremely bad. I know it is slightly poor though, so that is no news for me.
Abatedfungus
Abatedfungus
Townie
Abatedfungus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Abatedfungus »

It just seems pointless to self claim town.
This game is a drag.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by glowball »

chkflip wrote:Mine will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow morning.

I know glowball irl and I think she hurt herself. I'm pretty stressed/worried about it, but I'll get to this for sure.

Apologies for holding this game down (especially as IC) but these are pretty extrenuating circumstances.

Using ME as an excuse?! No, sorry especially considering that you never checked in on me not once so I am still waiting on what you've promised chkflip. Aside from the real life drama, stalling is not pro-town this game is going slow as it is so let's try to pick things up. I am just re-reading to get a full grasp on which way I think we should go with this, I would really like to here from brokenscraps and then I will happily place my vote.

Unless anyone has questions for me, I am back full time and dedicated.
brokenscraps
brokenscraps
Goon
brokenscraps
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by brokenscraps »

Sorry for not entering yet stuff got busy without my planning and I've been fairly short for time, will be able to start playing properly soon. I've started a read through from the beginning, shouldn't take long and I'll report in as soon as possible.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

Abated
-
strongscum

Abatedfungus wrote:>>Camn
camn wrote:Abatedfungus sinani206-- So. Sinina was not just lurky.. but SCUMMY-lurky, imo. Fungus coming in is a plus.. but the entry sucks. Back to the random questions? wtf.

I'm sorry if going back to the random questions was bad this is my first game. I just thought it would be fair if I answered them too.

camn wrote:Then a big case on racer as a "lock".. but a lurker-pressurevote??? WTF.

I figured that we should hear from the other players. There's no reason for me to vote for racerman13 when we still have lurkers who need to be forced out of hiding. Also Spadille just left which weakens my case. The majority of it was based around his actions towards Spadille. With Spadille gone there's no link between them.

camn wrote:Needing time? wtf.

If needing time is scummy you should also pressure chkflip.

chkflip wrote:I'd like Johhog and BS2000 to go first but I'm working on my own and won't wait to post either way.

Deflection is bad, mmkay. Especially
bad
deflection. They both decided to chime in on how slow the game was going but decided against added any sort of imput toward it in a constructive manner. That's me trying to get the game going in a more positive direction, not stalling by way of "waiting for replacement imput." Not even close to the same.

I agree on the poor pressure vote after such a strong feel of Spadscum. The lack of Spad in the slot doesn't completely deteriorate the relationship between those slots as a possibility, so it seems like the whole unvote was really forced and contrived.
IGMEO
brokenscraps and see absolutely no reason to move my vote lest they convince me otherwise.

Abatedfungus wrote:
camn wrote:
camn
Katsuki
(SE) –
obvtown

Why did you say this?

Speaking of poor deflecting, why do you only call out camn (the one you're defending yourself against) but not Johhog (who's not called you out, but proclaimed townieness much more profusely); seems sketch.

BS2000
-
strongtown

BS2000 wrote:Wow this game has really lost it's momentum. At least were not even technically halfway Day 1.

UNVOTE:

I'll put my FoS on spadille's replacement but I think they deserve a chance to defend themselves and give their own reads.

Do any of you think spadille could be quitting because he's scum on tilt and his scumbuddy is one of the players not posting?

Unlike abated, who lost all focus on Spadille as soon as he requests replacement, he unvotes with a proper FoS to give the slot some breathing room while they got some time to catch up and read the game.

To answer the question quoted, I don't think Spadscum's partner is one of the lurkers; however, it's a possibility to keep in mind for sure.

glowball
-
null

Good reads, solid posting. Not enough to say which direction I think she's playing.

Johhog
-
scummy

Something seems inconsistant here. Seems pretty pro-name dropping for someone who's never played before, just overall feels like something is fishy. His unvote off the Spadwagon seems like he never really genuinely had a scum read on Spad in the first place as he decides to reference the already dead horse of not giving reads. Seems more like he just wants to keep his options open to me and felt an unvote wouldn't raise too much suspicion since it's the new hip thing to do.

Johhog, what do you think of camn and my opinions of abatedfungus? Does that change your town read of him at all?

racerman13
-
strongscum

Two pretty consecutively placed FoS's on the popular Spadwagon with a warning not to lynch Spad because he's "seen a mislynch like this" placed inbetween them, just six minutes after his first FoS to be exact.

racer,
Why did you unvote camn?
What's the purpose of post #166?

camn
-
probtown

Sometimes less than favorably concise posts and really outspoken about her beliefs. Perhaps the strong attitude is a front, however, as her reads seem pretty "with the crowd" overall. I already gave me opinion on her jump from "no defense" to "YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" in ten minutes so I won't push that envelope further, though she's still questionably town in my book.

easjo682
-
nullishscum

For a guy who wants to keep his vote serious, it seems easjo tried to latch onto something easily stretched out to look worse than it really is with his vote and hasn't really brought much to the table otherwise in his posts. Do not like.

Currently going to keep my vote where it is.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Johhog »

As I said my read on camn is changing all the time, basically for every post she makes. Right now she's slightly pro-town though.
I don't really see your case on Abated (btw who was it he replaced, sinani?) and to me he just seems newbtown trying to contribute. It is bad deflection but it just seems like very newb bad deflection. So to summarize, it really don't affect my read of him pretty much.
And your reads on me... well, I had (and have on brokenscraps) a genuine scum read on Spadille, but voting without the vote helping the game seems anti-town. But I tried to compensate that with my case on Spadille later, which indeed gave the wagon some new fuel.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:32 am

Post by Uite »

racerman13
and
easjo682
have been prodded.
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:58 am

Post by racerman13 »

Post 166 was to save everybody time. Sorry I've been playing like a newb, but this is my first game.

Abatedfungus seems newbish, but he tries to scumhunt.
Town

Brokenscraps has posted once, and has not provided a defense for anything against him. He seems like a lurker.
Leaning scum

chkflip seems to be playing very town-like, but he is an IC.
Null read

Johhog is very confusing sometimes. Even without the confusion, though, I can't seem to get a good read on him.
Null read

Glowball seems pretty
Town
easjo682 has been seemingly lurking.
Leaning scum

camn seems to be townposting, and is helpful to the game overall.
Town

BS2000 I think is very helpful to the game, and is very
Town

VOTE: brokenscraps
I think he is the most likely scum at this point.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:46 am

Post by chkflip »

It's okay, no need to apologize.

What was your read on camn when you placed the vote? Why?
Why did you unvote camn?
What changed your read?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 am

Post by glowball »

Alright just slipped my mind but...
UNVOTE

Also, given the fact that I have posted and Abated voted for my player slot twice in a row(mix up perhaps?) I think that's a little anxious and placing your vote on a replacement so that they will post is kind of useless-just throwing away a vote that could have been used to actual pressure. That being said, after reading chkflip's reads I will agree that Abated is likely scum. With my vote withdrawn, I am going to start questioning- once all of the questions have been answered I will place a vote. I should have the questions up by tonight...
Abatedfungus
Abatedfungus
Townie
Abatedfungus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Abatedfungus »

This game is not as much fun as I though it would be.
Vote Abatedfungus

@ MOD Please look for a replacement.
This game is a drag.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by camn »

BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by BS2000 »

Ugh.

I guess an arbitary FoS on sinani/abated/replacementX for abated quitting just as soon as he gets a bit of pressure.

I'm pretty close to putting brokenscraps at L-1 until he can post some reads.

Johhog wrote:As I said my read on camn is changing all the time, basically for every post she makes. Right now she's slightly pro-town though.

Can you give some examples of townie camn posts and scummycamn posts?

Looking at camn's Iso she was very very aggressive (reasonably so) on Spad, then backed off spontaneously, got defensive when racerman13 attacked her, and then...nothing too much really besides some good reads @ post206

i'm leaning softly towards camn being scum, but i can't see that happening if my biggest scum read is spad/brokenscraps.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

confscum.

UNVOTE: brokenscraps but
IGMEOY

VOTE: abatedfungus

All the aforementioned reasons, pile on the fact that heat is just about to come onto him and he gives up on the game entirely? And changes his sig to 'this game is a drag' because... why?

My thoughts: he's newbscum, defeatist, and thinks this will make the next person look better. Let's lynch.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”