Newbie #1118 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Ankaimus: Then why is your vote on lolly when she's at L-1 and still has nothing to answer for? Next thing you know, if she turns up townie, there's a good chance there's two townies dead tomorrow, and since pretty much no one is contributing, we're left in the same situation today, even worse really. Someone on the wagon needs to back off for a moment and let lolly explain herself at least long enough for everyone else that has questions that need to be answered of them(for my view) to answer them and give the town a better view if lolly ends up dead at the end of the day. I Know you're the main one pushing her bandwagon, so if you want to stop 'tunneling', take your vote off, chances are the others will follow considering half the people voting lolly are just voting because other people are on her and there's not any lynch-worthy proof against her yet.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

YankCane151 wrote:Ankaimus: Then why is your vote on lolly when she's at L-1 and still has nothing to answer for? Next thing you know, if she turns up townie, there's a good chance there's two townies dead tomorrow, and since pretty much no one is contributing, we're left in the same situation today, even worse really. Someone on the wagon needs to back off for a moment and let lolly explain herself at least long enough for everyone else that has questions that need to be answered of them(for my view) to answer them and give the town a better view if lolly ends up dead at the end of the day. I Know you're the main one pushing her bandwagon, so if you want to stop 'tunneling', take your vote off, chances are the others will follow considering half the people voting lolly are just voting because other people are on her and there's not any lynch-worthy proof against her yet.

Lollybear is at 2 votes, and I am at 3 votes. I'm not sure where you got the idea that Lolly's at L-1.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

My mistake, I didn't see Scum's unvote.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

One other thing: It's 5 to lynch, not 4.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

With that, now I really want Scumhunter to answer my question. I feel like he's hopping from player to player here.

Yeah, I thought it was 4 on lolly with you, Scum, hip's, and what would be trevor's, but obviously that's not the case. My mistake, again.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

ebwop: mean what would be Scum's, since he changed his vote.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #5=-

Ankamius (3) - sanchocolates, Scumhunter, Trevor
lollybear (2) - hiplop, Ankamius
WiganMike89 (1) - silavor
YankCane151 (1) - WiganMike89

Not Voting (2) - lollybear, YankCane151

5 to lynch.

Deadline falls in (expired on 2011-07-05 14:00:00)
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
WiganMike89
WiganMike89
Townie
WiganMike89
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:30 am

Post by WiganMike89 »

"How do any of those questions make you feel like you are scumhunting in any way?"

Because since he couldn't answer how him repeating that question was helpful to town, he must have had his own purposes in mind when he made that post, concerned only with how he was viewed than in actually helping.
lollybear
lollybear
Townie
lollybear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:58 am

Post by lollybear »

Ankamius wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:The tone of this strikes me as scummy. If you have a problem with the way Lollybear is acting, why not ask her your questions again? To me, it seems like you could potentially be opportunistic scum trying to jump on a lolly mislynch because she hasn't produced much useful content. I think scum would see her as an easy mislynch.

Why are you not thrilled about the WiganMike wagon?
How/Why is your read on Arcee starting to shake?

Explain these things please ^

unvote Lollybear, Vote Ankamius

I am not thrilled about the WiganMike wagon because Arcee's argument is . I'm getting slight scumtells from the way Silavor and Lollybear voted for WiganMike (Silavor sheeping and Lollybear just hopping on while stating that he's not suspicious).

Then, Lollybear completely ignore my post here:

Ankamius wrote:Lollybear's ISO#3 gives the appearance of sheeping a bandwagon without contributing to the discussion. She posts twice more afterwards. The first post is clearing up a misconception in her last post, and the second is saying that more than one person wanting an answer is not a scumread.

I'm seeing a lot of fluff when there are conversations and reactions to comment upon. I request an opinion on what has happened so far and what your current reads are.

It wasn't a direct question, but it still strikes me as odd that she would completely ignore it in favor of responding to someone having a "gut" read on her.

Her latest vote is an unvote stating that she doesn't know who's scummy. I read this as scum hopping off a bandwagon when it stops looking feasible. It stopped being feasible when Arcee started going under attack, so she hopped. I don't get newbtown tells from this.

Im sorry i must have missed that post. The reason i unvoted is because i didn't want a miss lynch. lynching a townie is one of the worst things we can do espically when i wasn't even sure about my vote.

im still not sure about reads at the moment althrough i think hiplop is looking town. I feel he's like me and not sure on reads, i can realte to that, so thats why i think hes town.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:06 am

Post by hiplop »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: silavor

where are you man?
third best scummer of all time
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Trevor »

Since we have 2 mislynches (today and tomorrow), lynching a townie at this stage doesn't hurt that much and could give us information about the remaining players. Right now we are just looking for everything that looks scummy. We have no information to go off until someone dies.

Please correct if I am wrong when I say that this lynch today will not hurt town if we get it wrong, but will help if we lynch correctly.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 am

Post by hiplop »

you are correct trevor. Lynching a townie really isnt all that bad to town, you can see connections/block out others. Worst thing to do, is lynch someone with no connections to anybody
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 am

Post by sanchocolates »

@Mike: What are you reads on everybody so far? You really haven't shared an opinion on your reads as of yet (but if you have, please point it out).
@Hiplop: What's the reason you voted silavor?
@Trevor: Why are you so sure that we will have 2 myslynches?

I'm getting town read from Yank while I'm getting newb tells from Trevor, hiplop and Lolly. Leaning scum tells are Silavor, Mike and Ankamius. Scumhunter's null.

Lynching a player who isn't scumhunting is not that bad (I think) but lynching a player that is trying to scumhunt IS a bad thing because that person probably would've been a nightkill target so instead of them having to kill them at night, the town helped the scum lynch an important player. When focusing on a player, try to see if they're scumhunting, and not just making a mistake of words. Tunneling somebody doesn't help as well, it makes you seem like you're trying too hard to lynch a player which gives off scummy reactions.
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 am

Post by sanchocolates »

Please post your reads on everybody guys, it might help me later on in the game.
lollybear
lollybear
Townie
lollybear
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 am

Post by lollybear »

My biggetst scum read is Ankamius but that doesn't mean he's scum. we still have a long way to go before the deadline so its hard to tell.
Trevor
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Trevor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Trevor »

9 people: 2 are scum. We mislynch today, mafia kills tonight, there are 7 people remaining. We can afford another mislynch, correct?
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 am

Post by sanchocolates »

2 myslynches and we're in MyLo.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 am

Post by hiplop »

sanchocolates wrote:@Mike: What are you reads on everybody so far? You really haven't shared an opinion on your reads as of yet (but if you have, please point it out).
@Hiplop: What's the reason you voted silavor?
@Trevor: Why are you so sure that we will have 2 myslynches?

I'm getting town read from Yank while I'm getting newb tells from Trevor, hiplop and Lolly. Leaning scum tells are Silavor, Mike and Ankamius. Scumhunter's null.

Lynching a player who isn't scumhunting is not that bad (I think) but lynching a player that is trying to scumhunt IS a bad thing because that person probably would've been a nightkill target so instead of them having to kill them at night, the town helped the scum lynch an important player. When focusing on a player, try to see if they're scumhunting, and not just making a mistake of words. Tunneling somebody doesn't help as well, it makes you seem like you're trying too hard to lynch a player which gives off scummy reactions

call me a newb and then post this :roll:

How am i giving off newb-tells? at all.

Silavor is lurking way way too much, all of his posts are rule-related rather than scumhunting (tends to be the way IC's play as scum)
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 am

Post by sanchocolates »

lollybear wrote:My biggetst scum read is Ankamius but that doesn't mean he's scum. we still have a long way to go before the deadline so its hard to tell.
Why do you have a scum read on Ankamius?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 am

Post by hiplop »

There a chance of a Jailkeeper, who can stop mafia kills though
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 am

Post by hiplop »

Sans, why do you want everyones reads? and why did you say "me"?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm practically dropping dead on my feet so I'll keep this short.

@Sanchocolates: I answered your concerns about me in an earlier post; I simply did not directly address it to you.
@Lollybear: Any reasoning?
@Trevor: Any response?

I'm going to have to reread when I'm awake. I'm going to put special attention on my own bandwagon; I can smell the taint upon it.

I don't know how to take lollybear's last post. Either newbtown using OMGUS or opportunistic scum hopping onto the next big bandwagon. I'll sleep on this.

@Trevor: Correct, but getting into Lylo/Mylo without any mafia dead is not a good situation for the town to be in.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

Jesus christ guys, I'm trying to post here :(
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 am

Post by sanchocolates »

I'm getting newbtells from you because I can't see how you are contributing.
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 am

Post by sanchocolates »

EBWOP: or scumhunting.

@hiplop: I want everybody's reads because that helps the town later on in the game such as D2, when you look back at these reads and see if there are any conflicts.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”