pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:05 am

Post by pappums rat »

Vote Count 1.8

DemonHybrid - 3 (ace5993, archaebob, hiplop)
archaebob- 2 (Pine, Heliman)
nintendoaddict1- 2 (foilist13, Scumhunter)
jilynne1991 - 1 (DemonHybrid)
Heliman - 1 (Spadille)
hiplop - 1 (Barry Allen)

Not Voting - jilynne1991, nintendoaddict1, Giitah

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is 12 A.M. on June 26, 2011.

jilynne is V/LA until Monday.
Pine is V/LA until Monday.
Heliman is V/LA until Wednesday.

Still searching for a replacement for Spadille.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Barry Allen »

I'm taking a moment from enjoying Father's Day (keep in mind I'm the old guy here) for a couple of observations.

- If bob is scum, he's pulling the most amazing and out-there town act I've seen. I cannot help but believe his actions are pro-town, and I don't believe a reasonable case could be made for scum based on what's been on the thread so far. This makes me wonder why there are still 2 votes on him. Pine and/or Heliman please restate your case, because I do not understand those votes. My vote is still on hiplop for now, but those votes staying on bob are something I don't get.

- As for DH staying on Jil, I have to say that although I share the concern about Jil (I still think she could be scum), I don't know that the continued pushing on Jil is moving us forward as a group. We either need an argument that can bring the players together on that case or we need to come back to her at a later time. I was (and am) of a mind that she could very well be scum, but I wasn't able to convince others and I don't think DH is doing any better on this case than I did. I don't know that all this means DH is scum, but I do think that continuing to push isn't helping us at this point.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 am

Post by foilist13 »

Way to not comment on the multiple walls devoted to Nintendo
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:22 am

Post by ace5993 »

@BarryAllen post 339, page 13. My complete PbP on Pine explains his entire "case" on bob.

@Everyone - If foilist asks for an opinion on his walls give an opinion. Doesn't have to be long but some indication of where you stand on an issue is always nice.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 am

Post by foilist13 »

Or just take some initiative and post an opinion without being asked.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:31 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

foilist13 wrote:
Nintendo wrote:Okay, if a few people stand out to you, why don't you post your analysis on them as well?

My post was already a bleeding wall mate. I didn't have the patience to make it any bigger, and I would be just about guaranteeing that nobody would read it. I'll get to everyone else when I'm done with you.

Nintendo wrote:I didn't take it seriously, cause I knew it was RVS. And wait, you're saying you would not have taken it seriously either? So how does that make you town, but make me scum?

You put some amount of thought into how best to respond to diffuse the issue. That is taking it seriously.

Nintendo wrote:
Actually, it was a response to someone asking why I labeled it RVS. Should I ignore questions asked of me?

I'm intentionally taking this out of context. I simply wanted to expose your view. When, where, and why you said that are not relevant.

Nintendo wrote:
Exactly. I know all votes are RVS at first. Why is saying 'RVS' in front of my vote strange? Oh, and nice buddying on bob, there. Where did I say anything remotely like that paraphrase?

You're trying to deflect this onto me buddying archaebob. Stop that. It's unbecoming.

It's strange in that it serves a purpose that only one alignment could reasonably be interested it. Is it the end of the world? No. Does it make you automatically scum? No, but it sure helps towards that.

If it makes you feel better, I don't plan to lynch you on the basis of you labeling your RVS vote.

I'm not going to do quote walls because they make me angry, but the "cute" and "stupid" bits should be self explanatory. I'm fairly confident everyone else will pick up on my meaning.

Nintendo wrote:Just because I may not have mentioned DH, does not mean I never found him suspicious.

So?

Nintendo wrote:Yeah, I am usually multi-tasking on the computer and not always able to do one thing exclusively. But for this post, I make an exception.

I fail to see how this is an adequate response to my post.

Nintendo wrote:
I don't know what it is that you don't get. Be more specific.

*sigh* Why would you unvote him right when you found something suspicious? By structuring your post that way you're guaranteeing that he won't take your new concern seriously since he is under no pressure at all to answer it. That means you're less concerned with his reaction, which in turn means you're more concerned with how your post will cause you to be perceived.

Nintendo wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to say. So what if it was only from one game? It is a drastic change in his style.

Good, so we've further established your faith in meta.

Nintendo wrote:
Honestly I haven't found the time, I've been rather busy with a few things.

Bullshit. Archaebob said exactly why he linked that game and what it would say. You knew without even having to read it

Nintendo wrote:
Any reasons on why you think those others are scummy? Or do I get special treatment for some reason?

Like I said earlier, I'll get to them when I'm done with you.

1. Okay, fair enough.
2. Spin in that way if you like.
3. If you are intentionally taking it out of context, why did you even bring it up in your argument/case against me?
4. You dodged my second question there, foil. It's unbecoming of you.
5. So what?
6. My point was that I didn't have time to think of who I would rather vote, because I have a life outside of MS.
7. Because I only voted him to pressure him into posting content like he said he would, but failed to before.
8. Okay.
9. Whoop-dee-shit. Of course he will link a game where he was town if he wants to look town. Not saying he is scum, but that post where he linked an old game does not magically make him town.
10. How about now? You ready to move on?
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Valern replaces Spadille effective immediately.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Valern »

Hi! I'm kinda swamped today but I'll be reading this later/tomorrow.

UNVOTE: if I had a vote down.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

ace5993 wrote:@BarryAllen post 339, page 13. My complete PbP on Pine explains his entire "case" on bob.

@Everyone - If foilist asks for an opinion on his walls give an opinion. Doesn't have to be long but some indication of where you stand on an issue is always nice.

- Pine's "case" on bob (as noted in Ace's post 339) isn't much of a case at all, of course. That's my point. Unless there is something much better on bob (and I don't believe there is), then I have to wonder why Pine and Heliman are still voting for bob.

- To respond to the walls of text on Nintendoaddict: To me there is a definite difference in the play between bob and nintendoaddict, one that I think is important at this point. Both have been aggressive. But, when I go back and read bob, I get a lot more content and pro-town behavior. There's a lot more heat than light in most of Nintendoaddict's posts. That doesn't make nintendoaddict obvscum, but it certainly leaves him vulnerable to getting a lot of heat in order to find out just what he is.
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by foilist13 »

foilist13 wrote:
Nintendoaddict1 wrote:If you need to move on... then move on. Yes, I am bothered by his lack of content, he is usually more active. But in another completed game I played with Pine, (Mini 1156) he turned out to be scum, so his lack of activity here is a towntell for him.

As for me not liking your play, I'll have to get into that later as I am going out the door.

I saved this for last, because it is BY FAR the most interesting tid bit in Nintendo's play.

Most importantly, you make a meta argument. This meta argument is based on exactly one game. Pine posted lots as scum, and little now. Therefore he is playing differently than he did as scum, and therefore he is most likely town.

archaebob (who you are still voting at this point in the thread) posted a town meta game a long fucking time ago in which he plays almost exactly as he is playing now. Clearly you accept the value of meta, yet you ignore archaebob's cited meta for your own purposes. That my friend is fabricated reasoning, and that is scum play.

vote: Nintendoaddict1

Nintendoaddict1 wrote:
foilist13 wrote:
Nintendoaddict1 wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to say. So what if it was only from one game? It is a drastic change in his style.
Good, so we've further established your faith in meta.
8. Okay.

Just making sure everybody sees this first.

Nintendoaddict1 wrote:
foilist13 wrote:
Nintendoaddict1 wrote:Honestly I haven't found the time, I've been rather busy with a few things.
Bullshit. Archaebob said exactly why he linked that game and what it would say. You knew without even having to read it.
9. Whoop-dee-shit. Of course he will link a game where he was town if he wants to look town. Not saying he is scum, but that post where he linked an old game does not magically make him town.

So for Pine meta is gold. I asked him that question several times and never got a different answer. For archaebob though, meta is unreliable. That is an inconsistency, and why I am voting you.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Barry Allen: I am not voting Nintendo for his playstyle or writing style. Please reread my case, or just my most recent post.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by archaebob »

Incoming DemonHybrid case, give me a bit.

@ foilist13 -

I think nintendoaddict is probably town, and that it would not serve anything for
me
to explain why your case mostly fails.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Giitah
Giitah
Goon
Giitah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Giitah »

...can...can I just call in lazy? LOLOLOL
Okay, everyone, six days to deadline, start crunching. hehe. hypocrite. >____> iiyaa.
Tomorrow morning I promise.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Barry Allen »

foilist13 wrote:@Barry Allen: I am not voting Nintendo for his playstyle or writing style. Please reread my case, or just my most recent post.

@ foilist13 - I wasn't trying to summarize your case, just giving my own take on Nintendoaddict. I'll continue to read, but for right now I'm not ready to change my vote. I don't know that I fully agree with bob that nintendoaddict is "probably town", but again I'm not ready to change my vote from hiplop at this time.
Show
Barry Allen

My wiki page
My Tumblr
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

foilist13 wrote:So for Pine meta is gold. I asked him that question several times and never got a different answer. For archaebob though, meta is unreliable. That is an inconsistency, and why I am voting you.

I never said for sure Pine was town, and the only reason I am using meta on Pine is because I was actually in the game with him, but I have never been in a game with bob before, so how am I supposed to know whether or not he is just playing those of us who are newer on the site?
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by archaebob »

DemonHybrid: A Life

PART 1

I first became irked with DemonHybrid in the very early pages of this game. It started with this post, in which DH defends my RVS actions against hiplop and votes him for having “the sketchiest vote of everyone.” Now, this first post isn’t particularly scummy on its own, but it IS weird, for two reasons:

1) He acts as if Hiplop’s vote on me is serious, which it clearly isn’t.
2) He defends my play, which is clearly not necessary.

The first thing I ask of everyone is to reread the first three pages of this game in its entirety, to get an intuitive feel for how everything looked then. Posts were short then, so it should take very little time. The important thing is to try and imagine that you are seeing it for the first time. As we go through the rest of his play, imagine that you are DemonHybrid, and that you are town. In doing so, try to build an image of what your personality is, how you see things, and what your motivation is for each post.

In post 54, I vote jilynne without explaining myself at all. Immediately after, nintendo FoSes me because he doesn’t like the fact that I’m sheeping Barry Allen. Now look at DH’s response to this in post 56:

DemonHybrid wrote:
FoS: Everyone who is against bob for not realizing how town the guy is

Try and erase from your memory the majority of this game, and just look at the first few pages. It’s hard for me to picture why I, as Demon Hybrid, would feel the need to write this. Let’s assume for a moment that I, a town player, have seen players like archaebob before. In my experience, players that do what he is doing are usually town, and their play is very helpful. Therefore, I am annoyed at nintendoaddict for accusing him of being a sheep…and I’m going to make sure the rest of the town
stops suspecting archaebob
(because we CAN'T have that) by joke FoSing them.

Does that feel like town to you? It really doesn't to me.

Town doesn’t know the roles, and most of you were very wary of me, at least in the beginning. How is it that DH was so confident that he felt comfortable not only assuming I was town, but also proactively derailing any suspicions of me as soon as people posted them? This was page
people. Town has no reason to buddy that hard.

And DH was totally serious about defending me too, as evidenced in his next post:

DemonHybrid wrote:
archaebob wrote:
unvote vote jilynne1991

Nintendo/hiplop, do you really think this post has scum motivation? If so, why?

Also, there's valid suspicion against jilynne1991. Nintendo's FoS may have just been a townie mistake; hiplop is definitely scum, but jilynne1991 is worth looking into.

This whole post bespeaks of someone whose mind is racing to uncover the reasons for everything archaebob does and appear perceptive and towny by sharing them with everyone. Let's take a look:

DemonHybrid wrote:Nintendo’s FoS may have just been a townie mistake;

um, okay…what are you saying here exactly? I guess this is a description of my thought process, and why I moved my vote off of nintendo? Why are you even sharing speculations like this?

DemonHybrid wrote:hiplop is definitely scum, but jilynne1991 is worth looking into.

I doubt he means the bit about hiplop seriously at this stage, but either way, it feels really weird. DH is in the process of defending me, and he seems to be pretty serious about it. So, saying that hiplop is “definitely scum” is a really weird assertion to insert into the middle of that sentence, isn’t it? Read the whole post again, in its entirety. In fact, it feels to me like he’s trying to explain ahead of time why he isn’t himself moving his vote over to jilynne.

"I want everyone to know that I agree with archaebob and think he's town, but BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ME OF CONTRADICTING MYSELF, I'm going to keep my vote where it is anyways because hiplop is
definitely
scum. That's noNOT to say I don't agree with archaebob though! Honest! I think hiplop is scum, but I can think that and STILL think that archaebob is doing the right thing by looking into jilynne! Do you guys all understand what I'm saying???? Good, I'm glad you all think I'm town."

This is
way too much explanation and qualification to becoming from town at this point in the game.
Why is he posting like this? He's not even being attacked!

Meh, whatever the hell it is, it’s nervous and awkward, and doesn’t sit with me at all.
Think about it. You are DemonHybrid. Why are you choosing to defend archaebob, and come up with these super specific hypothetical explanations of his thought process? Aren’t you at all curious about what this guy is doing, and if his intentions are true? Why do you want to be his friend so badly?

This is all gut, but I really think he would have been more rebellious and even-handed with me if he were town. It's not adding up.

In any case, even if you find nothing damning yet, we're getting a very strange and very specific image of who he would have to be if he were town.

Next post, DemonHybrid outs my pressure vote. Why?

Why is his top agenda explaining everything that I’m doing to the town? If he was town, and he thought my vote was a pressure vote, he’d be curious to see what came of it, not give away the answer. From my experience, it’s scum who is most interested in identifying pressure votes, and this looks to me like another part of his subconscious effort to be ultra-logical, and to neutralize my play. Why would a town player analyze my pressure vote like that to
make sure
nobody suspected me unfairly? It doesn’t add up.

He keeps doing it, too. I don’t understand how he’s so confident in his opinion of what I’m doing! And it’s not just that he seems to somehow know for a fact that I’m town...he feels completely comfortable
saying
it too! Put yourself in his shoes. If you were town, wouldn’t you feel awkward explaining someone else’s play this proactively in the first few pages of the game? What could his motivation be for doing it? And I haven’t even gotten into the biggest problem here, which is that if he genuinely understands that my vote is a pressure vote, w
hy is he doing everything in his power to make it worthless
? If he’s familiar with players like me, he also knows that we don’t need his help defending ourselves.

This isn't town thinking, period.

DemonHybrid wrote:Wow. Smh.

Also,
Unvote, Vote: jilynne1991
. My vote seems to be decaying on hiplop and jilynne is still very likely scum. Heliman and Barry Allen have it right on.

It’s just...weird. His explanation for his vote shift is weird. Nothing has happened yet, so how is his hiplop vote "decaying"? He seems to be serious here about jilynne being “very likely scum”, and I just don’t see how that’s possible. If he was legit town joining my wagon to help me pressure jil...it would look different, wouldn't it? And even if we accept that he believes jil is "still very likely scum", the phrasing of it as a justification for his belated vote switch is weaksauce and reminds me on every level of how I think about things when I'm scum. It’s just too
nervous
. The whole thing. And why the mention of Heliman and Barry Allen at the end?

"Just want to make sure no one accuses me of sheeping them, which they totally can't do if I say their names."

Read the quote again in its entirety. It reeks of a scum mindset. He’s logical, amicable, and makes every machination of his thought process transparent to the town so there’s nothing to attack him with later.

This post is also weird, but I’m not going to spend time on it.

Soon, Hiplop votes DemonHybrid, and gets this response:

DemonHybrid wrote:
hiplop wrote:
unvote, vote demonhybrid[/vote]

calling someone definite scum o n the second page, over a RV. Plus blindly following bobby

Yes, you stay in your little dream world where you can sit back and not make any accusations. I'll be here scumhunting.

This whole response is trying too hard.

“I’m going to show you just how
totally not scared
I am of your vote by making this clever comeback LOOK HOW TOWN I AM BITCH”

So far, I’m getting two distinct DemonHybrid’s in this game:

1) Assertive, sarcastic, aggressive; archaebob wannabe - This is the real DemonHybrid, and it’s the inner townie that comes out in a lot of his posts when he’s confident in what he’s lying about. He's glib, sometimes clever, and an intelligent and direct poster.

2) Over explaining, nervous, buddying scumbag - You guys see it right? This side of him always comes out in the same moments, which is when he's fabricating one of the fundamentally town behaviors, such as changing your mind about who to vote, or suspecting someone for reasons that aren't all completely logical.

More weirdness. He’s now defending his buddying of me to hiplop and telling him to “be more serious.” This seems to suggest that he’s not all that confident in his scum read of hiplop. I assumed that his whole “hiplop is definitely scum” thing was a deliberate exaggeration, similar to what I was doing. That would make sense, right? But then DemonHybrid posts this sequence of posts:

DemonHybrid wrote:
hiplop wrote:
unvote

vote archaebob
for taking everything too seriously

This was a joke vote?

THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION

DemonHybrid wrote:
hiplop wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
hiplop wrote:
unvote

vote archaebob

This was a joke vote?

yea

Okay, so again, the fact that you're taking nothing seriously shows a lack of scumhunting if that is true (as well as the fact that you completely went pages misleading people without saying anything). If it's not true, there's that whole lying thing, as well as the fact that you, again, take nothing seriously, and therefore aren't scumhunting.

Yes, this is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, but you deserve it.

People, this is
textbook
scum. I mean, look at this!

DemonHybrid wrote:Okay, so again, the fact that you're taking nothing seriously shows a lack of scumhunting
if that is true

What do you mean “if that is true”??? Listen buddy, I
might
be willing to buy that you misinterpreted his vote the first time around, but there is no chance in hell that town-DemonHybrid is still making an issue out of this after hiplop
explains
that it was a joke.

DemonHybrid wrote:...(as well as the fact that you completely went pages misleading people without saying anything).”

No. He didn’t mislead anyone. You tunneled on bullshit. And in any case, this is no different from you pretending that you thought he was “definitely scum.”

DemonHybrid wrote:...If it's not true, there's that whole lying thing, as well as the fact that you, again, take nothing seriously, and therefore aren't scumhunting…

Are you serious right now? You are positing as a hypothetical the possibility that hiplop is lying...and then saying that he would still be scummy in that case...because he was lying?

I’m glad you have all your bases covered.

DemonHybrid wrote: Yes, this is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, but you deserve it.

You guys, this last sentence is like getting hit in the head with a baseball bat. How much more obvscum can you get?

Reasons why this statement can only come from scum:

1) Sincere town players typically don’t notice when they are putting their targets in abstract bullshit concepts like “damned if you do damned if you don’t situations.”

2) A sincere town player who did happen notice in one instance would probably just decide to exclude that argument, because they would recognize that it is flawed/less persuasive.

3) A sincere town player who both noticed the flaw AND decided (for some obscure strategic purpose) to still include it would probably not identify the flaw themselves and give some weaksauce justification for it. It’s obvious what you are doing. “Let me bring up the flaw so I can show everyone that I noticed it myself and nobody can attack me.”

4) He really doesn’t deserve it. And if you really thought he did, if you REALLY thought he was SO scummy that he deserved a flawed argument even though you KNEW it was flawed beforehand, then you would have been voting
him
instead of the thirteen year old who wasn’t doing anything.

*cue DemonHybrid dedicating his whole defense to attacking the very last line above this one

You guys, look at this whole post in its entirety again:

DemonHybrid wrote:
hiplop wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:
hiplop wrote:
unvote

vote archaebob

This was a joke vote?

yea

Okay, so again, the fact that you're taking nothing seriously shows a lack of scumhunting if that is true (as well as the fact that you completely went pages misleading people without saying anything). If it's not true, there's that whole lying thing, as well as the fact that you, again, take nothing seriously, and therefore aren't scumhunting.

Yes, this is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation, but you deserve it.

DemonHybrid is smart enough to know that this argument is BS. It sounds SO stretched. Just read it to yourself and imagine writing it.

This is SCUM who is trying to justify suspicions on somebody that aren't genuine, and doing a hack job of it.

Anyways, this is all of DH’s play up to my FoS of him, and I already think it’s more than enough. Depending on the reaction to this, and how much time I have, I'll try and do some more.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by foilist13 »

DemonHybrid wrote:Wow. Smh.

Also,
Unvote, Vote: jilynne1991.
My vote seems to be decaying on hiplop and jilynne is still very likely scum. Heliman and Barry Allen have it right on.

This part is more interesting to me for a different reason actually. "My vote is decaying" can only mean that it is no longer useful, which his Jillynne vote ceased to be pages and pages ago. His Hiplop vote actually produced more of a reaction than that on Jillynne and generated more discussion. Clearly he accepts the concept of having a useful vote, so it is not simply his playstyle to tunnel vote one player.

HOWEVER, I still don't get a gut scum read from him. I honestly get more of the first of the two possibilities you mentioned. He seems more like a townie trying really hard to be a good townie (which you asked everyone to later) than he does to be a lying scum player. His posts truly feel sincere to me. I defended you as town once and you lynched me for it. That was a very long time ago, but it was a fairly similar situation and I was town then. Now, I have not yet gone back and put myself in his shoes the way you asked me to. I'm still basing this off my initial reread of the thread and his ISO. Perhaps my read will change when I do that, but for the moment I'm not ready to vote him.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ foilist -

Um, hold up, I never lynched you
because
you defended me. That's a pretty unbelievable stretch actually, to compare DH's play in this game to your play in that game. Do you want to make this analogy clearer? I'm obviously missing something.

Now what would you tell me if I told you that your play so far is making me nervous as shit?
"Just asking, jeez..."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Pine »

That is a very solid case by bob. Its strength suggests ONLY one scum in {bob, DH}. I don't buy that as bussing at all, so a DH scum flip would more or less clear bob and vice versa.

Yes, I'm reversing my stance on bob. I only get tunnel vision like this when I'm wrong, and lately I've been seeing the Towniness and been plain stubborn.

Unvote
Vote: DemonHybrid
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by foilist13 »

1) Actually I may be misremembering, but that is not what I'm getting at. The point I'm trying to make is that town (namely me) can have an honest motivation to defend other town (namely you) even when they don't need it. That is not to say that DemonHybrid's defense of you is entirely excusable or correct, it means that town motivation for it does exist. I'm going to drop this now though so that DemonHybrid will respond to the case himself rather than wait for me or someone else to make it go away.

2) I would laugh.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist wrote:2) I would laugh.

You should fucking
cry
. Regardless of alignment.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by foilist13 »

See it's that regardless of alignment part that's the problem. If you're nervous it means you can't figure out my alignment, or you're not sure, which is going to make you think I'm scum, and once you've convinced yourself that I'm scum the game will super nova and end.

If you're going to confront me, do it with a case, not this half ass shit that you always start with when you go after me.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Here's my response:

I'm a town mason
, because I'm obviously going to need a lot of time to respond to this and I'm not going to get lynched between now and when I actually get the time to respond to it AND make a Giitah ISO (which has a very real chance of happening, gauging Pine's reaction).

No, I'm not telling you who my partner is.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Going to ignore my need to ISO Giitah to respond to this shit.

1) He acts as if Hiplop’s vote on me is serious, which it clearly isn’t.
2) He defends my play, which is clearly not necessary.

1. 2nd page of the game, with RVS votes flying around; he FoSes someone and THEN votes someone for "being too serious". Yes, at the time (and because he didn't respond at all), I thought it was a serious vote, and you're really taking a high and mighty after-the-fact attitude if you say that it "cleary" wasn't.

2. I defended your play because you were being attacked for what I thought was no reason; for scumhunting and pressuring people at the time, and having that downplayed.

Try and erase from your memory the majority of this game, and just look at the first few pages. It’s hard for me to picture why I, as Demon Hybrid, would feel the need to write this. Let’s assume for a moment that I, a town player, have seen players like archaebob before. In my experience, players that do what he is doing are usually town, and their play is very helpful. Therefore, I am annoyed at nintendoaddict for accusing him of being a sheep…and I’m going to make sure the rest of the town stops suspecting archaebob(because we CAN'T have that) by joke FoSing them.

I never said it was a joke FoS. I didn't like the fact that everyone was putting down the fact that you were trying to early game scumhunt. You know, something that wins games. So I was supporting you in an effort to try to solidify your reads and have some people take you seriously. Early game pressuring like that, in my experience, has been very indicative of town.

You assume that I KNOW what the roles are, when I just have very solid reads. You say that I'm a smart player, but treat me like a stupid one. You realize how very little scum motivation was behind an action like that? How scum usually like to take it easy early game in order not to create a base of suspicion on them?

This whole post bespeaks of someone whose mind is racing to uncover the reasons for everything archaebob does and appear perceptive and towny by sharing them with everyone.

No....it sounds like someone who is really trying to get a grasp on why people are seeing scum motivation behind switching onto an early game bandwagon.

I doubt he means the bit about hiplop seriously at this stage, but either way, it feels really weird. DH is in the process of defending me, and he seems to be pretty serious about it. So, saying that hiplop is “definitely scum” is a really weird assertion to insert into the middle of that sentence, isn’t it? Read the whole post again, in its entirety. In fact, it feels to me like he’s trying to explain ahead of time why he isn’t himself moving his vote over to jilynne.

And that was when I thought that hiplop's vote on you was serious. Something that he failed to disprove, or even attempt to, in which I thought he was avoiding. He took entirely too long in getting back to me with that and it seemed like a silent confession.

Meh, whatever the hell it is, it’s nervous and awkward, and doesn’t sit with me at all.
Think about it. You are DemonHybrid. Why are you choosing to defend archaebob, and come up with these super specific hypothetical explanations of his thought process? Aren’t you at all curious about what this guy is doing, and if his intentions are true? Why do you want to be his friend so badly?

I feel your early game actions are town-motivated, and therefore, I felt that you are town. Don't you think pooling together reads from two people who are town can do some damage against scum, especially in the early game, when that shit
counts
? Scum have yet to have a clear base of evidence in order to cloud their intentions, and you want to sit there and dick around accusing everyone in the game and not double-teaming with town reads in order to take that away from them, basically, is what you're saying. Whether or not you are scum would come later. Early game is far too valuable to do that sort of shit though. Read current meta. You'll find that a LOT of players do that, and a LOT of those players win games as town.

This whole response is trying too hard.

Or, it's a response saying "So, you don't want me to pressure people? Um, alright, that's kind of scummy and weird."

I was actually kind of confused at why he called it a random vote at first, because there was no way I could see it.

THIS IS THE PART WHERE YOU ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION

No, it's me asking whether or not he really believed it was a joke vote.

DemonHybrid is smart enough to know that this argument is BS. It sounds SO stretched. Just read it to yourself and imagine writing it.

You kind of missed the point there. Like the fact that my main argument that REGARDLESS, he was not scumhunting and whether or NOT it was a random vote (because I still wasn't believing it, because of that
fucking first post FoS
).

bob, how often and how common is an RVS FoS followed by an RVS vote?

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Now I have a fucking headache. You get your Giitah ISO tomorrow, asshats.

You want this one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”