DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, DEFCON 2 - Vote Count V - Black Ops]

"There was never a good war, or a bad peace." --Benjamin Franklin

[Votes]

AurorusVox
(10) - inHimshallibe, ooba, HezLucky, Screaming Death Clan, ToastyToast, Katsuki, Revenge of the Wei, Magua, gorilla, Swift Justice
danakillsu
(0)
Gammagooey
(0)
gorilla
(5) - Lady Lambdadelta, Magister Ludi, Regfan, AurorusVox, Hinduragi
HezLucky
(1) - danakillsu
Hinduragi
(0)
inHimshallibe
(0)
Internet Stranger
(1) - Gammagooey
Katsuki
(0)
Lady Lambdadelta
(0)
Magister Ludi
(0)
MagnaofIllusion
(1) - SocioPath
Magua
(0)
Mina
(0)
ooba
(0)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)
Regfan
(0)
Revenge of the Wei
(1) - Internet Stranger
Screaming Death Clan
(1) - Toogeloo
SocioPath
(0)
Swift Justice
(0)
ToastyToast
(0)
Toogeloo
(0)

Not voting
(3) - PookyTheMagicalBear, Mina, MagnaofIllusion

[Activity]

The deadline is Sunday, 3 July at 23:59 EST. Twelve votes are required to lynch.
Mina
has been prodded.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Screaming Death Clan »

Toog, the first time I've checked the game thread since I posted the V/LA was today, and I was going to explain my situation and why Fate & I haven't returned from our V/LA yet. I skimmed the 5-odd pages super quick but didn't want to actually comment on anything without conversing with Fate first, because nothing bothers me more than hydras disagreeing on shit, therefore I try to be as cohesive as possible (see: all my games as Reckamonic). I am responding to you solely regarding the matter of our V/LA because that is not related to in-game play or actual content, it is actually related to you trying to say that Fate & I are liars and are purposefully lurking.

MoI wrote:Are you telling us with a straight face that you couldn’t be bothered to post as SDC in this thread (even to say, hey I’m alive) due to computer issues but were able to post all over the rest of the site every day from Monday to today?

What I'm telling you is that trying to catch up on multiple pages of posts in a game where I need to be able to write down my thoughts, copy/paste them to the hydra QT to discuss with Fate, and be able to logout/login as the hydra all fluidly and quickly was too much of a pain in the ass to do from my fucking phone.

Please, someone go to a game where Fate & I have been town OR scum and show me where you can even hope to use lurking-meta as an actual argument against us. Please. Do it. Because if you can't, then all you're doing is essentially attacking our integrity as people and not as players, and that's fucked up.

In other news, my video card came in today and I have it installed now, which is why I'm actively responding. However, this week and the beginning of next is the end of summer school for me, and I have an online quiz to do tonight, a 12 page research paper due Saturday, and TWO finals to take on Monday/Tuesday, so my activity is still going to be limited.

Shove it.
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

OUR GLORY WILL BE ETERNAL

Fate/Reck/SpyreX/Socio/Elli
If you see this sig, it's one of us.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by SocioPath »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I notice Sociopath has gone back to lurking since the small semblance of pressure on him has disappeared. Scumtastic!
Those words don't mean what you think they mean.
Pressure?
When have I ever had pressure?

I wouldn't have "pressure" even with a NOOK flying at my face, cause that would essentially be a scum claim, and that is fine with me.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Still want to know why Ludi wants me nuked.

Seems like he disappeared the moment he was questioned on it.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

@MoI

Your constant insults are hilarious Euro Scumbag.

You fail to explain why pushing an alternate wagon when his AV is under pressure makes more sense for AVtown than AVscum, you also fail to explain where he makes a strong case for AVtown when he pushes for an alternate lynch condition as you suppose he does in your initial post. you back away and dodge the my counter to your statement by presenting a weak statement made like a joke as an actual statement of fact.

Basically your posts are full of Euro-slander and hypo-theory crafting mixed up with some insults about how I play.

Which is nice because I'm going to nuke you tommorrow. Hope you have your umbrella ready Frenchie.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by gorilla »

HezLucky wrote:Still want to know why Ludi wants me nuked.

Seems like he disappeared the moment he was questioned on it.

He wants you nuked because he is scum
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Mina »

I'm back. Forty-six pages. I think I want to cry right now.

Well, the post I'd WANTED to make about a week ago (before the threadlock and my Goofbash-induced seclusion) involved a mini-case and vote on Vi, as well as a response to AV's questions. (AV would have been MUCH better off trying to manipulate me with more smileys than getting extremely overdefensive, but threw me off with a couple of townish-sounding posts later on. I'd have still voted him over RedCoyote, though.)

I think
Internet Stranger
of all people found a legitimate scumtell from Vi early on. Her harping on about how Zhero replaced out because he was clearly scum afraid of nukes looked like scum latching onto an easy surface tell. It's not even that she found his replacing out scummy; it's that she based her predominate scum read of the game on it, and blew it out of proportion. Yeah, Zhero's two posts were bad. But his replacement was clearly a freakout under pressure because a couple of people had voiced mild suspicion of him? And clearly it's because he was SO terrified of being nuked...in
pregame
, weeks before DEFCON 3 would start?

I also think her scum reads on me and MoI were artificial and based on her trying too hard to stick to her reads from pregame. If anyone wants me to elaborate, I'll give the specific quotes in which I think she's talking out of her ass. Probably no one remembers what I'm talking about anymore. :(

But I don't know, maybe Vi has done something extremely townish in the past thirty pages I haven't even read. My case might be obsolete by now.

Any questions for me before I catch up?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Vi will be one of the firsts eating a nuke during DEFCON 1. Whether I get the glory and the parade or someone else does is irrelevant since the world would be rid one that Euroscum vermin.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i just want to say anyone putting their ICBMS in defensive mode is a coward scumbag
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Revenge of Wei
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Revenge of Wei »

Mina 1131 wrote:I think
Internet Stranger
of all people found a legitimate scumtell from Vi early on. Her harping on about how Zhero replaced out because he was clearly scum afraid of nukes looked like scum latching onto an easy surface tell. It's not even that she found his replacing out scummy; it's that she based her predominate scum read of the game on it, and blew it out of proportion. Yeah, Zhero's two posts were bad. But his replacement was clearly a freakout under pressure because a couple of people had voiced mild suspicion of him? And clearly it's because he was SO terrified of being nuked...in
pregame
, weeks before DEFCON 3 would start?
Being scum is hard, Zhero was not someone I'd consider a site regular, and by DEFCON 4 he would know he was in over his head. On the other hand, Townies generally tell people that they're going to replace out; they don't make the mod tell everyone. This is precisely what happened to B-Bros in Dynasty Warriors Mafia.

What suspicion was on him was probably irrelevant.

Mina 1131 wrote:I also think her scum reads on me and MoI were artificial and based on her trying too hard to stick to her reads from pregame. If anyone wants me to elaborate, I'll give the specific quotes in which I think she's talking out of her ass. Probably no one remembers what I'm talking about anymore. :(
You haven't read anything Moai has posted recently, have you.
We're back, and this time, it will be US who will conquer YOU!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Katsuki »

gorilla wrote:can you clarify what you mean by that?

Why do you think such an early/premature claim was necessary?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i just want to say anyone putting their ICBMS in defensive mode is a coward scumbag

This was already established. But yes, doing such is grounds for AUTOLYNCH.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Mina wrote:I think I want to cry right now.

:D

Mina wrote:Any questions for me before I catch up?

Vote AV first, THEN catch up.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

FUN FACTS BECAUSE I'M BORED

If AurorusVox flips scum, the following people receive passes to a
fallout shelter
resort of their choosing: HezLucky, Magua, Mina, ooba, PookyTheMagicalBear
If AurorusVox flips scum, the following people are suspect, pending reassessment of their reasons for switching to RedCoyote: Katsuki, Lady Lambdadelta, MagnaofIllusion, Screaming Death Clan

If AurorusVox flips town, I have no idea, but I will be examining the voting patterns again to see how DEFCON 3 played out with the two competing wagons being town. What I do know, however, is that if AurorusVox flips town, Gammagooey gets to be the latest test subject in our glow-in-the-dark scummer experiment. I may throw MagnaofIllusion in with Gammagooey, too.

Reasoning available on request.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by Regfan »

LL, would you mind elaborating and explaining Post #1009 because I'm failing to understand on what you're attempting to say here. Magua, I believe you've misunderstood what MoI has attempted to say in Post #1010, instead of attempting to say that Ludi *must* nuke the lowest vote counter he's attempting to find out how much the relevance the content of the post has in comparison to the number of them.

I'm feeling slightly uncertain about the gorilla lynch right now, although the slip seems geninue I'm struggling to find him attempting to fake a 'leak' like the one he posted in a sitaution like this, furthermore on the alternate site we play at he reads into peoples typing and playstyle tendacies to a massive degree so i can buy him taking it as town. I'm going to need to do some more reading into him however right now I'm going to unvote. Still reluctant to join the AV wagon, the more I read into him the less I like the suggestion of his lynch today. I strongly dislike the continual refrainment from CSL posting anything meaningful and avoidance of any of the reads being stated from him, I believe Vi in a hydra with a newer player would have constantly sought their opinion therefore mentioning where they have agreement or disagreement as town however that hasn't occured at all.

Unvote Gorilla, Vote: Revenge of the Wei
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Eh, Gorilla's slip looks legit to me. I understand cowardly Eurotrash wanting to make it look like it was an accident rather than bussing their buddy, and I foresaw that he'd use that as an excuse to cover his ass. It's too much WIFOM to leave alive right now but I'm guessing people won't want to lynch the PR.

Wei is looking worse as the game goes on. SDC is icky, I understand the frustration at their lack of presence, but I can also understand why RECK wouldn't want to post without checking in with FATE. So I'm treating that as a nulltell, and don't really like MoI latching onto TownToog's case/pressure.
Socio continues to need a nuke. There's zero content from him, just taunting, basically.
The biggest surprise for me is Magua, though. He's basically stopped looking at much else other than lynching me. His activity has dropped in terms of frequency and content, and he's happy to just ride this mislynch to its conclusion and move very little elsewhere.

---

People in need of nukes (in order of NEED4NUKES)

MUSTBNUKED (100% must nuke these people and I'm confident an American hero will do so)
GammaGooey
Magna of Illusion

USEURNUKES (100% must nuke these people but I'm worried that you cowards won't do it)
Gorilla
SocioPath

ANYSPARENUKES? (these people should be immediately nuked next, they're likely to flip scum)
Revenge of the Wei
Hezlucky

DEVELOPINGANEED4NUKE (dislike their recent posts, should be getting a nuke, but will anyone do it?)
Magua
Katsuki

SLOWINGMYFINGER (have been getting better and lessening my desire to see them nuked, but someone might do it anyway)
Swift Justice

Fully aware that's more people than there are scum, so I'm 100% wrong about some of you. Soz.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:39 am

Post by HezLucky »

So you want us to nuke 9 people in this game?

You need to die. A good portion of that list isn't even remotely scummy. (Gamma in your first category? -_-)

Yes, there's probably scum on that list (unless you are really bad and/or scum that has put 9 townies there), soz.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:46 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Um. Eight people. SJ is off my nuke list.

And that's only 2 more than there are total scum. Magua and Katsuki are new additions and least likely to flip scum out of all of them.

It's a graded scumlist. I tried to explain that in the brackets. First four are likeliest scum, separated into whether or not I think they'll get nuked.
Next two make good nukes because they're probScum, but by no means the most certain shots (unlike the first four)
Next two are new additions and are least likely to flip scum, but they've pinged me in the wrong way recently.
SJ is leaving my nuke list but I gather people will nuke them anyway.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Well, um personally I'd like to nuke about 14 or so, leaving about 9 alive...
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:49 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hez is just scared because he knows if people start mass nuking he's going down and his scumbuddies can't save him.

inHim, are the 9 people you want to live the 9 people on my list? :p
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@MOD – I’ll be V/LA from today at 4pm EST until Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties.

VOTE: AV

Now that Mina has weighed in and not shown an reason to not proceed I’m happy with my vote.

Scum like Sociopath, Pooky, and Revenge can be dealt with tomorrow.

--

Socio wrote:I wouldn't have "pressure" even with a NOOK flying at my face, cause that would essentially be a scum claim, and that is fine with me.

Lulz. Just lulz.

--

Pooky wrote:Your constant insults are hilarious Euro Scumbag.

Wow, it's sad that you've spent most of your posts insulting people and calling various players Euro Scum for little reason that I can see but start welling up when insults are thrown your way. Quite Emo of you.

Pooky wrote:You fail to explain why pushing an alternate wagon when his AV is under pressure makes more sense for AVtown than AVscum,
you also fail to explain where he makes a strong case for AVtown
when he pushes for an alternate lynch condition as you suppose he does in your initial post. you back away and dodge the my counter to your statement by presenting a weak statement made like a joke as an actual statement of fact.

As for the bolded here’s a summary of our exchange –

Pooky – YOU ARE LYING HE NEVER CALLED AV TOWN.
Me – See Dana’s ISO 12.
Pooky – YOU NEVER EXPLAINED WHERE HE MADE A STRONG CASE FOR AV TOWN.

Move the goalposts more. First you attack me with lots of pointless caps saying I was lying about Dana calling AV Town. Then when that is proven to be a complete lie by you suddenly Dana needed to be making a case that AV is Town.

So pretty much you are scrambling scum who got caught right out in a lie and are trying to throw words like dodge and weak to cover your ass.

Fact
– Dana pushing a counterwagon to AV both DEFCON 3 and 2 when AV was under strong pressure both days makes ZERO sense as a potential scum buddy. And that was the whole point of your original “Dana are you protecting your buddy AV” stupid post.

It shows you aren’t even thinking critically but instead are just flinging stupid rhetoric laden posts about in an attempt to disguise your lack of actually scum-hunting.

So yeah you can die anytime.

Pooky wrote:i just want to say anyone putting their ICBMS in defensive mode is a coward scumbag

Wow, it’s as if no-one mentioned this exact fact back in DEFCON 5. Oh that’s right, there was a huge discussion about that fact and how Gamma didn’t directly ascribe to that statement.

Pointless fluff to fill out your ISO, am I right?

--

SJ Equinox wrote:FUN FACTS BECAUSE I'M BORED

So like Magua you ascribe to the theory that no matter what someone flips (in your case AV), you are going to throw me in the possible scum-list.

Yeah, great work there …
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:10 am

Post by AurorusVox »

That's L-1 folks.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:11 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Also, MoI, who's rushing now? Mina is still catching up, SDC hasn't had much to say so far today, plenty of other people have got things left that they're discussing. But y'know go ahead and rush when it suits you. *whistles*
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Crap - Mod can you fix that quote issue please? Thank you!

(Fixed. --AGM)
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:16 am

Post by SocioPath »

SocioPath wrote:Awesome, MOI is scum.

AV<->MOI
DOU-DOU-DOU-DOUBLE BUS.
I <3 this post.