Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:38 am

Post by hiplop »

maybe you should start playing town, too.
third best scummer of all time
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Since no one has presented reason 1 that I look scum yet, and we just had a huge case run up on me that I was able to crush the instant it was presented, and you just went fleeing off of voting me to wagon up a guy I've been pushing strongly for, and we have at least two players being called scummy because they're buddying me (and you don't buddy scummy looking players and get called scum for it) I think it's pretty obvious that I'm playing the best town game here.

What am I missing?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Post by foilist13 »

I would argue your town play is horrible. Just because it is town play and so there is no reason to lynch you doesn't make it
good
town play. You're sarcastic at the wrong times, you use AtE out the ass, you support stupid wagons, you don't effectively pressure anyone in any useful way except to make them flail, and you are the most anti-town IC I've ever seen. Wagoning you is a waste of time because I'm pretty sure you're town at this point and I wouldn't get anything useful out of it anyway.

I'll get back to Awesoma when I have the energy.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Thor665 »

foilist13 wrote:You're sarcastic at the wrong times, you use AtE out the ass, you support stupid wagons, you don't effectively pressure anyone in any useful way except to make them flail, and you are the most anti-town IC I've ever seen. Wagoning you is a waste of time because I'm pretty sure you're town at this point and I wouldn't get anything useful out of it anyway.

This from the guy who uses one game of Day 2 meta to explain why someone is scum because they're playing differently during Day 1 while not looking at Day 1 play at all, and when shown Day 1 play unvotes because his case was crushed?
This is sarcasm at a bad time again, isn't it? ;)

I'll happily debate these things post game, I really don't think I'm a bad IC at all and have been nominated twice for Best IC in the Scummies, so if I am bad I'm at least fooling a lot of people about it. I do have a different chosen meta than the "oh dear gawd, L-1 is SCARY!!!" crowd of ICs, but I actually think that's a good thing for newbies to learn since that's how L-1 is treated everywhere else on the boards, and the point of a Newbie game is to show them how we play on MS - not how we play a different game in Newbie games.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

@foilist - in a less snarky and more game related question, that does touch on my town play ;)

You called out Awesoma as scummy for buddying me. If I don't look townie - how is this a scumtell?
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Torqez »

I'm assuming we're going to have to find a replacement for ninjacheese.

hiplop wrote:VOTE: Scumhunter

Looking back: what was i thinking unvoting him? Mistake on my part.

What did you notice, hiplop?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

Post by hiplop »

That scumhunter really wasnt all that townie. I got a town read from 1/2 of his posts, i looked back after Thor's good post and realized it really wasnt all that good.

hopefully that makes sense
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Thor: 2 reasons he would buddy you. 1) You're the IC. 2) I see you as behaving anti-town, but very few people, especially at the beginning of the game, have actually called you scum. In fact several people have basically confirmed you as town, Hellhound being forefront in my mind.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Torqez »

Yep, I found it wierd, that he goes "omg im not SCUM im a loyal townie and you'll be making a mistake lynching me" etc etc (my own words -_-)

But regardless, I never thought he was scum in the first place.

Tbh, I'm still in favour of a Awesome and/or Thor lynch. Hellhound1 too.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Torqez »

Scumhunter wrote:flaking out is more indicative of scum play than town play really. you guys should let me live. seriously. i'd happily accept a cop checking me tonight. literally if I live I want to be checked by a cop if they exist which they do 50% of the time. WANTING TO LIVE IS NOT DESPERATE SCUM. FROM ME ITS DESPERATE TOWN WANTING TO PLAY THE GAME and not be lynched.

This is what I didn't like from Scumhunter's post. Found it quite odd. Up until now, my case for thinking you're not scum is because I liked your reasoning that cloud wasn't necessarily scum. While I was doing my read through, the opinions I generated of people were kind of then mentioned by you (and hiplop). This led me to believe that, yea....you have a good sense and good grasp on things that could be going on.

But this post of yours, I felt a bit out of character. Okay, you were on L-1, and I didn't like that. Was hoping someone would unvote (which eventually happened). But I feel the nature of your style changed a bit. You weren't appealing to reason, it was more like "omg plzzzzzzzz dont lynch me." Which doesn't really make sense to me based on your good posts earlier.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Thor665 wrote:It would really make me happy if more people started to act town.
Awesoma is, by far, my strongest town read - and that's because he's playing so weakly. My second strongest town read right now is foilist...and I literally have not agreed with like, *anything* he's posted. C'mon guys, I'm easy going, don't make this so hard.

Who, to be exact?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Torqez wrote:But this post of yours, I felt a bit out of character. Okay, you were on L-1, and I didn't like that. Was hoping someone would unvote (which eventually happened). But I feel the nature of your style changed a bit. You weren't appealing to reason, it was more like "omg plzzzzzzzz dont lynch me." Which doesn't really make sense to me based on your good posts earlier.

In Scumhunter's defense, I've seen him pull this sad little 'I'm town, sob, sob' fest before. Frankly, the only thing questionable about it is that it took so long to show up.

Are you ready to offer thoughts on foilists' case on me now? Or is it still too early to offer your opinion on stuff?

DeityKabuto wrote:
Thor665 wrote:It would really make me happy if more people started to act town.
Awesoma is, by far, my strongest town read - and that's because he's playing so weakly. My second strongest town read right now is foilist...and I literally have not agreed with like, *anything* he's posted. C'mon guys, I'm easy going, don't make this so hard.

Who, to be exact?

How about everyone who's town for starters.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Torqez wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:flaking out is more indicative of scum play than town play really. you guys should let me live. seriously. i'd happily accept a cop checking me tonight. literally if I live I want to be checked by a cop if they exist which they do 50% of the time. WANTING TO LIVE IS NOT DESPERATE SCUM. FROM ME ITS DESPERATE TOWN WANTING TO PLAY THE GAME and not be lynched.

This is what I didn't like from Scumhunter's post. Found it quite odd. Up until now, my case for thinking you're not scum is because I liked your reasoning that cloud wasn't necessarily scum. While I was doing my read through, the opinions I generated of people were kind of then mentioned by you (and hiplop). This led me to believe that, yea....you have a good sense and good grasp on things that could be going on.

But this post of yours, I felt a bit out of character. Okay, you were on L-1, and I didn't like that. Was hoping someone would unvote (which eventually happened). But I feel the nature of your style changed a bit. You weren't appealing to reason, it was more like "omg plzzzzzzzz dont lynch me." Which doesn't really make sense to me based on your good posts earlier.

Torqez, my early posts were using logic, explaining how the initial case on cloud's slot was very weak. Notice I said early on that
didn't imply he was town
, just that his play wasn't necessarily scum.

Yes, my attitude has changed because people were getting restless, I got wagoned to L-1, I was goign V-LA to the weekend and generally annoyed that I was being voted for reasons I just didn't understand. I tried explaining over and over that I was just stating my suspicions on Thor. The fact he kept pushing me for "evidence" of my suspicions on me really baffled me. I mean damn what is so wrong with just stating your suspicions and leaving it at that for the time being. Thor's gross insistence on demanding proof of any accusation, refusing to really listen to my pleas that I am town and continual insistence that I am mafia because I wouldn't a logically terrible case at the beginning of the day was pissing me off, particularly from the IC. Do I think that makes him mafia? No, not particularly, he could be scum but he's definitely not the best suspect today.

It is just a game after all, but I was assuming I was eventually going to be hammered while I was away (perhaps too little faith in the game) ...but then again hiplop, can you please explain your revote on me? I'm not "all that town" but how am I "all that mafia"? Saying I'm not super obvious town is not enough justification to vote someone imo.

Also, notice even though I didn't support Thor's initial reasoning on cloud, I later think DK's vote on me even though I defended him so strongly early makes no sense

Unless DK has addressed this, it is the scummiest thing in the game so far from what I've seen.

@Thor, the reason the wagon on me is tougher is because I'm fighting it pretty hard and not just laying down and accepting a ML. You have pushed quite hard on me and assuming you are town, mafia are sheeping right along with you probably. Open your eyes, get out of the god damn tunnel.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Scumhunter wrote:I tried explaining over and over that I was just stating my suspicions on Thor. The fact he kept pushing me for "evidence" of my suspicions on me really baffled me. I mean Smurf what is so wrong with just stating your suspicions and leaving it at that for the time being.

Probably it was when you voted me over those reasons - this might have made sense if you never did, but...

Scumhunter wrote:@Thor, the reason the wagon on me is tougher is because I'm fighting it pretty hard and not just laying down and accepting a ML. You have pushed quite hard on me and assuming you are town, mafia are sheeping right along with you probably. Open your eyes, get out of the Smurf Smurfed tunnel.

I pushed back on my lynch too, and it ballooned up a lot quicker than the one on you in my opinion, including people who were sheeping me because my case was so good suddenly switching over to voting me.
Who do you think are the scum on your wagon and why?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Deity, I'm glad you think I'm townier than Thor, I just don't understand how a town-sided player in your slot would vote me replacing in. I'm glad you unvoted me Had you read the game before you voted me? If so, why did you decide to vote me? If you hadn't read the game why not? Your initial vote on me baffles me. I'd like you to explain to me why exactly you voted me.

Also, I really dislike the idea that you are trying to say the vote is between Thor and I today. I don't really want to lynch Thor today. He is an annoyance to me this game and a hindrance to progress if he is town by his tunnel on me, but that doesn't necessarily make him mafia, and as such don't think he's the best lynch today.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor, I didn't think you would tunnel so hard on me here as town. As the day has gone on, I'm thinking I could be wrong (in that you can and are tunneling me this hard as town) so initially it was an emotional reaction to your vote on me to vote you. I'm now convinced you were just failing by voting me. To add to your counter "I expected better of you." Oh wait nvm, not using that as a scumtell on you this time, its just an observation..

I've explained my thoughts on the people voting me here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3155554

Essentially, I'm most suspicious of DeityKabuto and hiplop because I don't really understand their reasons for voting me. I mean your reasons for voting me are bad, inaccurate, and a result of continual refusal to communicate effectively with me, but hell at least I get the impression you believe your case.
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You called hiplop a 'not really sure' why the change to 'suspicious' now?
Also - how have I failed in communication? You agree you had an emotional knee jerk bad case vote on me - how does that make me bad for calling you on it? Is it just that I didn't fall to my knees in praise once you dropped your non-case on me? Or is it something else?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

@ Thor, I don't hiplop's revote on me here with little explanation.
Show
-----
-----
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by hiplop »

its the same reasons as before, just delayed
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@SH - If you didn't mind his initial vote on you, what's bad about re-voting you?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

EBWOP: I don't like hiplop's revote on me here with little explanation.

I don't find the "Oh, he's not all that town" as a reason to vote someone. hiplop, can you please explain why you think I'm mafia? Thanks.
Show
-----
-----
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Scumhunter wrote:Deity, I'm glad you think I'm townier than Thor, I just don't understand how a town-sided player in your slot would vote me replacing in. I'm glad you unvoted me Had you read the game before you voted me? If so, why did you decide to vote me? If you hadn't read the game why not? Your initial vote on me baffles me. I'd like you to explain to me why exactly you voted me.

Also, I really dislike the idea that you are trying to say the vote is between Thor and I today. I don't really want to lynch Thor today. He is an annoyance to me this game and a hindrance to progress if he is town by his tunnel on me, but that doesn't necessarily make him mafia, and as such don't think he's the best lynch today.

I did not read the game before I voted you if that clears things up, I was just taking others words that you are the scummiest at the time. o.o
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by hiplop »

Remember the whole CO/you thing scumhunter? where you sheeped him to the extreme, then a huge bandwagon formed on you, yeah my reasonings stll the same from back then.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor, do you still find cloud/DK slot scummy? If so, can we reach a compromise with a vote there today?

DK, just saw your post as I'm posting this, but bleh. :( If you are tellnig the truth about not reading the game before voting please don't do that in the future. Not completely sure I believe you on taht though.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

hiplop wrote:Remember the whole CO/you thing scumhunter? where you sheeped him to the extreme, then a huge bandwagon formed on you, yeah my reasonings stll the same from back then.

Can you stop skirting the issue: what are the reasons you think I'm mafia, not jsut the "same reasons as before". Can you link the post where you explain why you think I'm mafia?
Show
-----
-----

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”