Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by malthusis »

So basically the case against me is that I'm not posting enough, Lobster did something, and everyone's basically conga line bandwagoning Candle Jack (except GreyIce) because he's town?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Yeah, but are we talking about you~?

Hey, I've been good!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by drewoftherushes »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:"Town voting bloc freaks me out a little bit"

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

SOMEONE HAVE A VIG? SHOOT DREW WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE~

Actually, this attitude freaks me out even more than the voting bloc. "kill everyone who criticizes the voting bloc! They're sowing discord!"

The idea of five or six people who have decided to unite their votes because they all think they're town ON DAY 1 is scary, yeah. So if I'm so scummy, why don't you vote me, LL?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Because that would be an orphan vote at the moment.

Today is a malthusis lynch. Tomorrow we can kill you~.

Unless someone vigs you tonight for me. That's the preferred method of death right now.

We don;t have to waste a lynch on you~
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm assuming you were being serious by the way. If not, ignore previous post.

P-edit Looks like you were serious. LL, could you summarize the case against Malth for him? I'm interested to see your take. I also see you're not interested in responding to anything else in my post. Why is no one allowed to be afraid of the town voting bloc?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:23 pm

These 6 players are all town.

At the very worst, there's a majority of town in there. I'd say 5, if 1 is scum. At WORST.

Scum is afraid of that kind of town coherence and would want to disrupt it.

That's why your post is scummy.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by malthusis »

Took a quick look at Surye's post #533, reeks of scum.

You say GreyIce is "scummy is hell", generally are pleased with and agree with MULTIPLE players (Amrun, Nocmen, CJ and Stevie) thoughts/questions about GreyIce being scum, dislike her wide broadstroke claims of everyone, yet haven't even tried voting her once.

You say Stevie is scum, (and totally ravage his posts in your analysis) and you like CJ's point that Stevie is lying about his claim, but you're not voting Stevie.

The wagon's dissolution saves me from making the hard choice

This quote is good too, it's saving you from having to actually have to choose a side instead of being wishy-washy and part of the crowd.

The best part (and one of the major reasons I'm going to vote him) is that he contradicts himself in his own post!

From CJ's thoughts:
Like the doubt of rei as a safeclaim. Vote on ace is weird. Time for a bit of vote jumping!

From LC's thoughts:
Do not like suggesting Rei would be a safeclaim, or worse, a fakeclaim. At all.

As well you think 5 people in this town are reading scum right now, and you're voting me, the easiest and current crowd bandwagon.

???????? :neutral:

All you are doing are just following the crowd, picking out whatever quotes support yours, trying to break town trust between townies, instead of actually trying to find scum.

Unvote, Vote Surye
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #24

Amrun (1)
- LobsterCatapult
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (1)
- StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (1)
- Antifinity
Surye (1)
- malthusis
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (6)
- ace5993, Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, ZeL1nK, Surye, Celebloki
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (2)
- GhostWriter, Iecerint
drewoftherushes (0)
-
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (1)
- drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (0)
-
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (7)
- Amrun, populartajo, Nocmen, Kast, Pomegranate, Candle Jack, SpyreX
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:41 pm

malthusis wrote:Took a quick look at Surye's post #533, reeks of scum.

You say GreyIce is "scummy is hell", generally are pleased with and agree with MULTIPLE players (Amrun, Nocmen, CJ and Stevie) thoughts/questions about GreyIce being scum, dislike her wide broadstroke claims of everyone, yet haven't even tried voting her once.

You say Stevie is scum, (and totally ravage his posts in your analysis) and you like CJ's point that Stevie is lying about his claim, but you're not voting Stevie.

This quote is good too, it's saving you from having to actually have to choose a side instead of being wishy-washy and part of the crowd.

The best part (and one of the major reasons I'm going to vote him) is that he contradicts himself in his own post!

From CJ's thoughts:
Like the doubt of rei as a safeclaim. Vote on ace is weird. Time for a bit of vote jumping!

From LC's thoughts:

As well you think 5 people in this town are reading scum right now, and you're voting me, the easiest and current crowd bandwagon.

All you are doing are just following the crowd, picking out whatever quotes support yours, trying to break town trust between townies, instead of actually trying to find scum.

Unvote, Vote Surye

Shit.

I need to think for a moment.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

@zel1nk here we go!

1) I rvsed because i wanted to make the persephone reference. and why was the question designed to make antinfinity to look bad? all i asked "was why RNG?" that is a completely neutral question that i wanted an answer to.

2) because i wanted to see how he'd respond first.

3) i never made a surefre case against pom, and if you read, i stated that i thought pom was a bit scummy, and i thought malthusis at the time was scummier. i still have a slight scum read against pom, but its lesser so than amrun and mal atm. i dont understand why you are trying to hold me to a vote based on what i said about pom.

4) her post set herself up to seem like she was giving herself reasons to get on the stevie wagon.
Amrun wrote:Well, if I was totally convinced Stevie was scum, yes.

I see what other people are picking up on, but it doesn't really read as scummy to me. No textbook reason why... Just gut. He seriously reads like a newb, but he says he's not... I've been kind of distracted all day so I probably need to re-read the last couple of pages.

she gives weak reasons for why he thinks stevie is scum, then says she is distracted and needs to reread. this to me, along with what he was saying about the stevie wagon gave me the feel that she was giving herself an opportunity to go back and be like "oh these XYZ posts about stevie make me think he could be scum". thats what i meant by that. the tone was giving herself a cushion to get on the stevie lynch for a late bus.

multiscum because i thought that nocmen, stevie, mal and amrun could be scum, but perhaps not together based on their interactions. i am in no way convinced of the fact there is multiscum.

i didnt vote stevie because he wasn't my number 1 scum pick. also at that time spyrex was saying that he was concerned about his PM and i saw no reason to place my vote on stevie at that time, especially since he was V/LA at the time of me and amruns discussion, and hadn't posted anything new.

5) stevie getting to L-1 was not surprising, with how scummy he came across, and how he stuck out, im not surprised. i have no clue how you thought i was happy about this though. i liked my vote on nocmen. i thought he was scummier. i stuck with my vote. tough beans if im not on the most popular wagon.

6) nocmen was only a bit scummy with the intensity of his reaction. everything else about him made him scummier. i explained this in my post where i voted malthusis. but thanks for trying to misconstrue my entire read of nocmen. youre cool.

7) because im only null/ leaning town on stevie. the way he claimed doesnt seem like something scum would do, but honestly, the way he is playing, and the possibility of a safeclaim have me going back and forth. its not so much what he claimed(rei), but how he claimed and refused to full claim at the thought of being lynched, made me lean town on him a bit. still making up my mind over it. im still thinking letting him do his night actions is a good way to go...but with what he has been posting recently, i havent liked it.

8) my fixation on kast saying stevie was a mislynch was wierd. i had no idea why kast would say something like that it stuck out. i wanted him to elaborate.

9) im answering the questions on my top "scumspect" because i wanted to. generate discussion, help clarify my own thoughts, help clarify my stances to everyone else, help iron out my read on him and see how others react. etc. the more we interact, the more we have to go on.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I also have an automatic distrust of voting bloc groups. If invited into them, I decline the invite. However, the wording of what was said is what gets me. I distrust voting blocs. But you are freaked out by town voting blocs. Nice slip, bro. I'm all for a possible vig shooting you.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

LC, I have asked you about your level of knowledge of Evangelion. Respond or else.

- Tar
You said my name?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

drewoftherushes wrote:

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Actually, this attitude freaks me out even more than the voting bloc. "kill everyone who criticizes the voting bloc! They're sowing discord!"

The idea of five or six people who have decided to unite their votes because they all think they're town ON DAY 1 is scary, yeah. So if I'm so scummy, why don't you vote me, LL?

Drew, if you'd like to know, the absolute best way to not get lynched is to scumhunt. Now, how about you stop making me think you're scum/daring people to vote for you (hint: not a good move), and do some scumhunting? Like, giving out reads and analyzing stuff, y'know?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Surye »

malthusis wrote:Took a quick look at Surye's post #533, reeks of scum.

Wait, I haven't tried voting who?

malthusis wrote:

So much misrepresentation in this block it's hilarious. I am leaning scummy on the read, but his claim makes me pause, I explained that. It's all very conditional, but I was clear how I felt about the idea that it's a false claim, see below for some more misrep.

malthusis wrote:

From CJ's thoughts:

From LC's thoughts:

Liking the doubt of a false claim.
Not liking the suggestion of a false claim.

Explain to me how these are contradiction? Seriously, explain it to me. They are 100% the same sentiment.

malthusis wrote:

No response to the "easiest and current bandwagon" attack. I was clear, I thought at least, and showed where several times, that I thought a wagon on you is a good thing due to things YOU said.

malthusis wrote:

What is this saying, how am I following the crowd. You really think my reads were from others? Because I am pretty sure they would disagree as I don't seem to share reads with many people :lol:
malthusis wrote:

Unvote, Vote Surye
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Candle Jack wrote:LC, I have asked you about your level of knowledge of Evangelion. Respond or else.

- Tar

sorry must have missed that

i watched the anime (or most episodes) a long time ago. i remember rei, shinji and asuka were the main characters/eva users and worked for nerv the like, preventers of the attacks on neo-tokyo. i remember other angels coming down and attacking tokyo and they fought them. i remember it was really confusing, shinji has serious daddy issues, and the ending was weird monlogues then like a party or something. i remember i liked the major girl with the long dark hair who got drunk a bunch. kisuragi? rei was pretty unemotional, shinji whined all the time, and asuka was aggro. remember asuka was randomly in a bathtub in a destroyed house.

so i dont remember too much other than random details and the really main characters, and the begining plot.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:14 pm

drewoftherushes wrote:Responding to prod. I had ten pages to read just now. I'm starting to wish we has taken gi's advice on the first day and speed lynched someone. Anyone.

Impressions from last ten pages: town voting bloc freaks me out a little bit. Stevie asking twice for roleclaim from LC when she was at L-4? Hate to agree with GI but that's awful. Suryes reads weren't horrible in my eyes, and I think it's worth going back to have a look at GI based on thy (for all his seeming certainty, his vote moves around quite a bit) but the results were useless.

Anyway this is just a check in post. Hopefully tonight I'll have much more, but it might not be for a couple days. I'm having trouble keeping up with just my phone and no computer, but that will change soon. Sorry for my lurker status.

I'm damn near willing to vote just to end this day, but were not really that close on anyone, so whatever.

the suggestion you want to speed lynch SOMEBODY is scummy to me. so, like anyone will do? why are you saying you want to end day, but saying that you wish you could contribute and that you lament your lurker status?

do you think is town within this "town vote bloc"?
~LC
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

malthusis wrote:So basically the case against me is that I'm not posting enough, Lobster did something, and everyone's basically conga line bandwagoning Candle Jack (except GreyIce) because he's town?

Basically. Even though you do need to post more, I don't see the wagon against you as being that founded. Also apparently claiming a miller day one makes you infallible and even though GI has not given one bit of analysis his word is gold.

I am getting a real town read on Candlejack and there are worse people who could be getting parroted. I do think that we have a scum (besides GreyIce) who is going to slip by our grasp because he's going to blend in with the group.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

As far as me using "playstyle" as an excuse: i have not done that. An accusation was made that I changed my vote in response to GW calling me out on my vote, which was not the case. Considering I posted multiple paragraphs exactly 2 minutes after GW made his post, I explained that I was already typing that post.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by malthusis »

malthusis wrote:

From CJ's thoughts:

From LC's thoughts:

Liking the doubt of a false claim.
Not liking the suggestion of a false claim.

Explain to me how these are contradiction? Seriously, explain it to me. They are 100% the same sentiment.

? You like that people think there could be chance he's lying about his claim, yet you don't like the suggestion of a false claim?

:neutral:

malthusis wrote:

No response to the "easiest and current bandwagon" attack. I was clear, I thought at least, and showed where several times, that I thought a wagon on you is a good thing due to things YOU said.

You said I was slightly scum, yes, but you made many, many better, stronger cases for others in your post. Why would someone not vote for who they think is scummiest and vote for someone who is slightly scummy? I.e you are scum going for easiest wagon instead of actually drawing line in the sand about who you think is scum.

malthusis wrote:

What is this saying, how am I following the crowd. You really think my reads were from others? Because I am pretty sure they would disagree as I don't seem to share reads with many people :lol:

You seem to agree with anyone who even slightly indicates a point that might agree with your ideas, and then declare them scum in the next stanza of your post. For example, any time anyone even mentions GreyIce being scum, you say "I WHOLEHEARTEDLY SUPPORT THIS POINT".

You are following the crowd because you are voting me, who is the main lynch, even when you have much better cases on others. This does not include reads in any context whatsoever.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:These 6 players are all town.

At the very worst, there's a majority of town in there. I'd say 5, if 1 is scum. At WORST.

Scum is afraid of that kind of town coherence and would want to disrupt it.

That's why your post is scummy.

Right, I understand why you think my post is scummy, but do you understand why a voting bloc is scary? Because if there's a talented and vocal scum in that group, he or he could have control of six votes. That's a good thing? Town prefers everyone to be making their own decisions - voting blocs seem like a good way to stop that from happening.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

ZeL1nK wrote:I've played with LC-scum and this is vastly different. In Super Heroes Revolution, she played much more passively, tried not to get on anyone's bad side, weakly defended townies with major wagons, and generally tried to remain inconspicuous as much as possible. This game seems different. To put it simply, she's being much more aggressive than I remember LC-scum being. Also more willing to give town reads (before wagons are established on her town reads) and a looser playstyle. I haven't played with LC-town yet, so I can't really compare, but if this is LC-scum, she's picked up her game.

In saying that, tajo's #487 summarises the problems I have with LC this game. There are some inconsistencies that I'd like her to explain. On a side note, I wouldn't read too much into her saying this feels like multi-scum, I suspect it has to do with SHR (pulling a GI, "this feels like multi-scum" on D1).

@LC,

Respond to #487, please.

This, along with LobsterCatapult's response to my criticisms of her, have changed my mind, I have her as very slightly town. I also ISO'd Zel1nk yesterday and he comes across as very pro town as well.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Surye »

? You like that people think there could be chance he's lying about his claim, yet you don't like the suggestion of a false claim?

Where did I like that people think he's lying about his claim? I liked doubting it was a false claim, which is thinking it's a real claim. For the admitted backbone of the vote on me, you need to improve your reading comprehension. "like that people think there could be chance he's lying about his claim" is just plain, 100% wrong, and I want you to admit right now that you misread it, and you retract that point. Because if you still don't see your error, you're just begging to be lynched.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

EBWOP: Also I called for LC to claim because I thought she was at l-2. not l-4.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 pm

GhostWriter wrote:I also have an automatic distrust of voting bloc groups. If invited into them, I decline the invite. However, the wording of what was said is what gets me. I distrust voting blocs. But you are freaked out by town voting blocs. Nice slip, bro. I'm all for a possible vig shooting you.

This is a funny post, because you seem to agree with me here, but you think I'm scummy because I said "freaked out" instead of "distrust." I didn't slip or misspeaks; the idea of scum in a large voting bloc is bad news. But you want to distance yourself from me and align yourself with said voting bloc, so you say you want me vigged. Hmmmmm.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
drewoftherushes wrote:

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Drew, if you'd like to know, the absolute best way to not get lynched is to scumhunt. Now, how about you stop making me think you're scum/daring people to vote for you (hint: not a good move), and do some
? Like, giving out reads and analyzing stuff, y'know?

I know I've been A shitty scumhunter today. It take me a while to get going, especially in big games. But as I said, I'll be more able to do that soon. I just wanted to give some impressions. So I apologize.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”