Chuji Kunisada
Chuji Kunisada
Goon
Chuji Kunisada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Chuji Kunisada »

PF here. Well I played with animorph once before. We were a hydra and we were scum. I did most of the work and he lurked alot and got us a lot of flack when he did post. I still had alot of fun so i may hydra with him again sometime. Ani's lurking seems consistant with a possible scum ani but I seem to remember him trying harder to defend himself when he wasn't lurking. Saying all that happened was a crap case arose on him doesn't feel like ani scum so maybe his lurking is a symptom of some bad computer access. But I will ask him some questions to see what rational may be in his head. see if there can be any town logic to his actions or if he is just scum.

@animorph, do you think policy lynching is the best way to direct your vote? Don't you think a vote more rooted in actions involved with this game is better? Can you actually explain how you didn't contradict yourself? (you voted taz for meta, but we can't vote you for yours? how is your meta opinion any different?)

@Tazaro, this isn't so much a question as its an opinion. Calm down. No one likes being voted but your comments about the dead votes bother me. I honestly don't think you will get lynched easily with or without those votes on you. its 7 to lynch and unless i ain't paying attention you aren't L-1 and deadline is not imediate. I understand you are angry but spaming the thread with comments won't help anyone catch up. You know if a replacee can't catch up they may not unvote you quickly. Just saying and it should be noted I firmly believe being over defensive is NOT a scum tell. I think any alignment can be defensive

@Mikemike, I believe farside said this game is based on the lemming board game. I have never played said board game. When you look at the video game you had a bunch of wierd powers you could give to lemmings and depending on the version of the video game you didn't always know what power you were giving the lemmings. Even if it isn't all based on the video game a few aspects do seem like it is simular so I think its just as fun. Only aspect I see so far not in the video game is the aspects of everyone being different colors and I am not sure what thats for but I figure we will figure out the purpose of all that eventually

I am also working on a post that explains why i think PeregrineV is the scummiest at the moment so expect that pretty soon
This is a PokerFace and Battousai hydra account
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

Q: I'm new to the group and wondered if lemmings were real. I hear that they are mice with suicidal tendencies. Is that true? How would that work?

A: Yes that's true. They get so angry that they burst.

missions now picked:

malpascp (picked Cement)
Quilford (picked Jack Hammer)
PeregrineV (picked Lemming Pledge)
me=weird (picked Concrete Mixer)
TOGTFO (picked Creatures)
Chuji Kunisada (picked Bookie)
mikemike778 (picked Limo)
Tazaro (Pier)
sAbLLimINal (picked Fedora)
animorpherv1 (picked shooter)
CryMeARiver (picked Payoff)
Jedo the Jedi (picked Cliff Diving)

Vote Count:

malpascp (2) Quilford
Tazaro (3) malpascp, sAbLLimINal, animorpherv1
Me=Weird (2) TOGTFO, PeregrineV
Peregrine (2) Chuji Kunisada, me=weird
animorpherv1 (1): mikemike778
mikemike (1) CryMeARiver
SABllim (1) Tazaro

Not voting:
Jedo the Jedi

With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is July 14th, 1:15pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Chuji Kunisada
Chuji Kunisada
Goon
Chuji Kunisada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Chuji Kunisada »

At any rate there is something I would like to do now -
I'M CALLING BULLSHIT!
See if you follow this train of thought:

*PeregrineV is deeply intent on voting all those that pick before him. There are many examples of this being true

PeregrineV wrote:1) It is actually my reason for voting, and I'm not insisting or even suggesting that others vote for this reason. Definitely not wagon them to death.
2) I never said I would do this every day, nor even the rest of the day. I will do it, or not, until I find a better reason to vote someone else.

*PeregrineV votes animorph
and says ani is doing scummy posting

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3165465
hmm... scummy posting. Looks like PeregrineV may have found a better reason to vote someone

*OR NOT since he says all the cases right are not good

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p3166129
PeregrineV wrote:I find the current cases bad enough to stay on my current schedule. No, they are not good cases. That was sarcasm as I do not feel the cases are good. However, this site does not have a sarcasm smiley.
If your going to Random vote for Random vote reasons, fine. Even weak ones, fine. But don't vote saying your case is good, and then try and back it up. That's not only scummy, but very anti-town.

*I asked PeregrineV about why he thinks animorph is making scummy posting. I basically want to see if he actually believed ani was making scummy posting or if he was just copying everyone elses opinions of ani at that time

Chuji Kunisada wrote:@PeregrineV, When you recently voted ani you said he was holding up progress and
scummy posting
. Why do you thinks ani's posting is scummy?

animorph's recent actions seem wierd to me. To me he seems to be walking a fine line and almost contradicting himself. To batt as mentioned in 161, he thinks ani is not contradicting. I, pf, will have to think more on this aspect

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p3168729
that's the response I get. he ISO's animorph but doesn't say why its scummy. he wants me to figure out myself why ani is scummy. PeregrineV clearly doesn't want to make an opinion he wants me to do the work for him. Having others do work for you is scummy. Also not giving your opinion clearly shows you made that scummy posting comment as a clear jab at animorph and not because you actually though ani was posting scummy. Either you jabbed at animorph because everyone else was going after animorph and you wanted to be cool OR you did it because you and animorph are scum partners and you distance poorly

*PeregrineV unvoted animorph and animorph has done anything to look towny since PeregrineV original vote on animorph.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3170340
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3170310
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p3170318
All animorph has done is lurk and NOT come back to play as PeregrineV put it. Picking and giving no reads does not count as playing and doesn't count as stoping scummy posting or posting townish. This proves that your opinion of Animorph making scummy posting is bull shit. You unvoted him in favor of going back to the vote "who is in front of you method." You never had a real feeling or wanted to call ani scummy. You just made a straight up jab at him with no real in game backing for your jab.

If there is no in game backing then there must be knowledge PeregrineV has that I don't about Animorph needing to be called scummy. Thus I think PeregrineV knows animoprhs alignment. The 2 of them can't be masons since no one would ever call their mason friend scummy. So if they aren't masons, only other way PeregrineV could know what alignment animorph has is if PeregrineV is scum. Either PeregrineV jabbed at animorph because everyone else was going after animorph and PeregrineV wanted to be cool and look town OR PeregrineV did it because him and animorph are scum partners and PeregrineV wanted to distance from animorph

*Further proof that i am on the right path now is that everyone has picked their missions and PeregrineV has NOT gone back to voting animorph.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3172771
PeregrineV has forgotten completly about the entire thing when animorph certainly didn't give PeregrineV a reason to forget it. Other players have quieted on animorph so maybe that is PeregrineV's reason. Which would mean he is definatly following group opinions and is clearly trying to blend in with everyone else. Yay I believe this entire train of thought and PeregrineV's earlier bad voting cover methods have exposed us one scum.
I'M CALLING BULLSHIT!
about PeregrineV's read on animorph.

Confirm Vote: PeregrineV

Just so you know at the moment the avg ammount of scum for a 12 player game is 3. me and Batt think PeregrineV and mikemike are two of the scum.

I think mikemike since i can see reason he could be partners with PeregrineV, though if pere is town that suspicon falls flat so I won't be lynching mikemike first. I also liked some of the case being put on mikemike earlier. I kinda wonder why the case on him has quieted down. The quieting down makes me think mine/batt's case on PeregrineV is much stronger. So yay not pursueing mikemike at the moment. Batt has reasons for thinking mikemike is scummy and I will let him give them should he want to

Me and batt disagree on a 3rd scum
I think ani, see what I said earlier pending how ani answers my questions
Batt thinks Taz, see what batt said earlier since i think he fosed tazzaro earlier

I got no other imediate scum reads to talk about at this time.
TOGTFO
TOGTFO
Goon
TOGTFO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by TOGTFO »

Intrigued by CK's last post. Honestly, seemed a bit over dramatic for just stating that Pere was fake voting Ani. However, your case is much stronger then my "read" on Mew.

Unvote

Vote: PeregrineV

BTW- I find poker's post out of the hybrid very town but disliking Batt's posts... This is hard to determine a hybrid as scum when I start getting conflicted like this.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

That has convinced me to return to my
vote PeregrineV
. When I said earlier he had some town posts causing me to reconsider, they felt like a very abrupt change about which I was wary. This gives me confidence in that vote again.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Chuji Kunisada wrote:At any rate there is something I would like to do now -
I'M CALLING BULLSHIT!
See if you follow this train of thought:

*PeregrineV is deeply intent on voting all those that pick before him. There are many examples of this being true

PeregrineV wrote:1) It is actually my reason for voting, and I'm not insisting or even suggesting that others vote for this reason. Definitely not wagon them to death.
2) I never said I would do this every day, nor even the rest of the day. I will do it, or not, until I find a better reason to vote someone else.

*PeregrineV votes animorph
and says ani is doing scummy posting

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3165465
hmm... scummy posting. Looks like PeregrineV may have found a better reason to vote someone

*OR NOT since he says all the cases right are not good

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p3166129
PeregrineV wrote:I find the current cases bad enough to stay on my current schedule. No, they are not good cases. That was sarcasm as I do not feel the cases are good. However, this site does not have a sarcasm smiley.
If your going to Random vote for Random vote reasons, fine. Even weak ones, fine. But don't vote saying your case is good, and then try and back it up. That's not only scummy, but very anti-town.

*I asked PeregrineV about why he thinks animorph is making scummy posting. I basically want to see if he actually believed ani was making scummy posting or if he was just copying everyone elses opinions of ani at that time

Chuji Kunisada wrote:@PeregrineV, When you recently voted ani you said he was holding up progress and
scummy posting
. Why do you thinks ani's posting is scummy?

animorph's recent actions seem wierd to me. To me he seems to be walking a fine line and almost contradicting himself. To batt as mentioned in 161, he thinks ani is not contradicting. I, pf, will have to think more on this aspect

that's the response I get. he ISO's animorph but doesn't say why its scummy.

I think it would be obvious. But maybe not. So, do you think it's scummy?

Chuji Kunisada wrote: he wants me to figure out myself why ani is scummy.

So you admit he is scummy.

Chuji Kunisada wrote:PeregrineV clearly doesn't want to make an opinion he wants me to do the work for him.

Actually my opinion would be the word scummy. And the work would be for town, if you are town. It's not for me personally, because it's obvious you don't find Ani scummy.
Chuji Kunisada wrote: he wants me to figure out myself why ani is scummy.

Oh wait, yes you do.

Chuji Kunisada wrote:Having others do work for you is scummy. Also not giving your opinion clearly shows you made that scummy posting comment as a clear jab at animorph and not because you actually though ani was posting scummy. Either you jabbed at animorph because everyone else was going after animorph and you wanted to be cool OR you did it because you and animorph are scum partners and you distance poorly

Or, he was on the list, but posting scummy also. So I said that.

Chuji Kunisada wrote:
*PeregrineV unvoted animorph and animorph has done anything to look towny since PeregrineV original vote on animorph.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3170340
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3170310
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p3170318
All animorph has done is lurk and NOT come back to play as PeregrineV put it. Picking and giving no reads does not count as playing and doesn't count as stoping scummy posting or posting townish. This proves that your opinion of Animorph making scummy posting is bull shit. You unvoted him in favor of going back to the vote "who is in front of you method." You never had a real feeling or wanted to call ani scummy. You just made a straight up jab at him with no real in game backing for your jab.

Not sure what a jab is in a mafia game. Is that like a vote? Because yes, I voted him.

Chuji Kunisada wrote:
If there is no in game backing then there must be knowledge PeregrineV has that I don't about Animorph needing to be called scummy. Thus I think PeregrineV knows animoprhs alignment. The 2 of them can't be masons since no one would ever call their mason friend scummy. So if they aren't masons, only other way PeregrineV could know what alignment animorph has is if PeregrineV is scum. Either PeregrineV jabbed at animorph because everyone else was going after animorph and PeregrineV wanted to be cool and look town OR PeregrineV did it because him and animorph are scum partners and PeregrineV wanted to distance from animorph

I think including only two options is one of those misrepresentation of reality things. The reality could also be that Ani is your scum partner, and if he gets busted you would try to point to this post so that you "knew it all along". But, you failed to mention that as an option.
And the reason I voted him was given a few times.

Chuji Kunisada wrote:
*Further proof that i am on the right path now is that everyone has picked their missions and PeregrineV has NOT gone back to voting animorph.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3172771
PeregrineV has forgotten completly about the entire thing when animorph certainly didn't give PeregrineV a reason to forget it.

So he may have gone inactive or replace out, and you think I should vote him anyway?

Chuji Kunisada wrote:
Other players have quieted on animorph so maybe that is PeregrineV's reason.

So are they scum for "quieting" down?

Chuji Kunisada wrote:
Which would mean he is definatly following group opinions and is clearly trying to blend in with everyone else. Yay I believe this entire train of thought and PeregrineV's earlier bad voting cover methods have exposed us one scum.
I'M CALLING BULLSHIT!
about PeregrineV's read on animorph.

Group opinion? I almost feel like we are in two different threads. Last VC from mod:
malpascp (2) Quilford
Me=Weird (2) TOGTFO, PeregrineV
Peregrine (2) Chuji Kunisada, me=weird
mikemike (1) CryMeARiver
SABllim (1) Tazaro

Please point out group opinion.

Chuji Kunisada wrote:
Confirm Vote: PeregrineV

Just so you know at the moment the avg ammount of scum for a 12 player game is 3. me and Batt think PeregrineV and mikemike are two of the scum.

I think mikemike since i can see reason he could be partners with PeregrineV, though if pere is town that suspicon falls flat so I won't be lynching mikemike first. I also liked some of the case being put on mikemike earlier. I kinda wonder why the case on him has quieted down. The quieting down makes me think mine/batt's case on PeregrineV is much stronger. So yay not pursueing mikemike at the moment. Batt has reasons for thinking mikemike is scummy and I will let him give them should he want to

Me and batt disagree on a 3rd scum
I think ani, see what I said earlier pending how ani answers my questions
Batt thinks Taz, see what batt said earlier since i think he fosed tazzaro earlier

I got no other imediate scum reads to talk about at this time.

So, I see where you would call bullshit and ask for more information. But you didn't. You've tried to develop a full-blown "Pere is scum" case.

@Everyone- still learning the terminology. What is the "chainsaw defense?"
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

PeregrineV wrote:
Unvote.
Vote: Me=Weird

Failing to answer questions. Overreaction to my questions. Overreaction to TGTFO's question.
Upcoming OMGUS vote.
:lol:

Me=Weird wrote:
Mike wrote:Having said that Me=W looking super defensive at the moment. ISO on him doesn't look great at all - why do you have a vote on an inactive slot by the way ? - what did they do to offend you ?

Why am I being "super" defensive? And I have explained my forest vote, though now it's time to move on.
Unvote, Vote: PeregrineV

Stuff I've brought up earlier, such as overreacting, dumb questions, didn't answer one of my questions, attacked me for avoiding questions, when the questions in question(heh) were one's I'd asked if he was wanting me to answer, and he heavily implied that I'd repeatedly ignored lots of questions. Plus being either wrong or lying about me overreacting to them.
And now, most recently ignoring my entire post.

I didn't ignore it, I just figured you felt you answered to the best of your ability. Do you want me to keep up the fight telling you your answers where horrible?
Do you want me to pioint out that you did ignore the questions, because you are quoting me quoting you quoting me.
If the game were merely to argue I would, but since were supposed to catch scum, and nobody else had opinions they expressed about your answers, I let it go.
Let me know if I should go back and address the answers for you.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Post by mikemike778 »

PF here. Well I played with animorph once before. We were a hydra and we were scum. I did most of the work and he lurked alot and got us a lot of flack when he did post. I still had alot of fun so i may hydra with him again sometime. Ani's lurking seems consistant with a possible scum ani but I seem to remember him trying harder to defend himself when he wasn't lurking. Saying all that happened was a crap case arose on him doesn't feel like ani scum so maybe his lurking is a symptom of some bad computer access. But I will ask him some questions to see what rational may be in his head. see if there can be any town logic to his actions or if he is just scum.

If we forget the lurking, how does his early play tie in what he was like in a hydra ? particularly re the policy lynch which like I said looked like a fake attempt to draw attention to himself and show 'he's not trying to fade into background'. Did he do this sort of thing then ?

Gut says Ani. Vote stays there.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

PeregrineV wrote:@Everyone- still learning the terminology. What is the "chainsaw defense?"

Who mentioned chainsaw defense?

PeregrineV wrote:I think it would be obvious. But maybe not. So, do you think it's scummy?

This is evasion. It is clearly not obvious because he's bringing it up again, and you still won't post why you think ani is scummy. I read ani in ISO and did not think him scummy at all. Clearly neither did PF since he just said what he thinks of ani. (That would be in the section of his post you didn't copy because it would have countered that whole bit where you try to demonstrate rhetorically that PF does indeed think ani scum.)

Why would you go to all that trouble to produce an ISO post "clearly demonstrating" the person's scumminess if you didn't actually think him to be scummy enough to abandon your voting regimen?
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:40 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Alright, some serious posting is going to get done today. And yes, explanation for my mikemike vote and why Jedo is town and all of the above is on the way today.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Tazaro »

We either had scum voting for Peregrine in a row, or a case that's just that good. And interesting, though, Chuji, I also saw how Peregrine did not just say holding up progress about ani but also said scummy posting; my thought was that it was kind of anticlimatic when he then took it off to continue his holding up progress votes. I believe Peregrine when he says that he did not consider the fact that Lemming Pledge, his pick, sounds like a mission where you he just stays in his lemming home and wipes the pledge on wood, but this seems conceivable to be a vanilla role, to me, which means he's either a vanilla scum or town in my estimation, and even though scum wouldn't be expected to pick a non-power role, I guess he did not see how apparently blatantly vanilla this mission looks if you just think about it and about what farside said about vanillas staying home, said this in the Mini Theme queue, I believe.
He'd be the best lynch given that so many people voting for him in succession can either result in lynching Peregrine or having a list of people on his wagon that have exposed themselves. This
UNVOTE

VOTE: PeregrineV
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Tazaro »

*scums voting in a row
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:07 am

Post by Tazaro »

I mean these people voting for Peregrine in a row is going to ensure that: information will be in supply if he's town; or a lynch on Peregrine based on a good case that exposes him as a man of scumminess. I indicated in the past that PF is the more pro-town head, but find it interesting that TOGTFO wanted to mention a similar thought.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Tazaro »

I also find it interesting that CMAR has been dropping info off in installments, but the real consequential question about "why Mike"? has been left lingering for a while
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:37 am

Post by farside22 »

prodding:

animorpherv1
sAbLLimINal

I suspect this weekend people to be on V/LA due to the holiday. I will not do any other prodding this weekend till Monday night
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 am

Post by Me=Weird »

All of your recent posts have been defensively orientated and answering attacks on you - would you actually post anything if there wasn't a particular attack on yourself to defend ?

Have you not read my attacks on forest and peregrine?
peregrine wrote:I think it would be obvious. But maybe not. So, do you think it's scummy?

Generally, the way to convince people you're town is to explain your suspicions, rather than saying "it should be obvious" or "why do you think so".
perebrine wrote:So you admit he is scummy./Oh wait, yes you do.

"I'm going to completely ignore the point and strawman."* is what I get out of this. *I
think
I was right about what strawmanning is.

peregrind wrote:I didn't ignore it, I just figured you felt you answered to the best of your ability. Do you want me to keep up the fight telling you your answers where horrible?

No, but there were some points against you in that post.
perebrind wrote:Do you want me to pioint out that you did ignore the questions, because you are quoting me quoting you quoting me.

The only questions I ignored were the ones I was asking about, and ones that were either pointless ones asked sarcastically, or the one that if you'd read my posts, you'd know as I directly quoted 179.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
mikemike778
mikemike778
Goon
mikemike778
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:36 am

Post by mikemike778 »

Me =Weird says

Have you not read my attacks on forest and peregrine?

re Forest, I said recent posts that was ages ago.

re Peregrine, yes I saw that but again post 277 which I presume you were referring to is essentially you responding to an attack from Peregine on yourself as pretty much all your posts recently have been.

Apologies if the quote looks a bit crap, was faster to do a DIY quote
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Tazaro »

PeregrineV wrote:What is the "chainsaw defense?"

It's as if you're getting this from another game, because nobody said this phrase in this game. But it's a way of defending another person that entails attacking that person's attacker.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Tazaro »

CMAR, are you a busy person?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Tazaro »

mikemike778 wrote:All of your recent posts have been defensively orientated and answering attacks on you - would you actually post anything if there wasn't a particular attack on yourself to defend ?

This was what you said to M=W. The thing is, if someone seems to lurk, then probably the only types of things that they would be expected to respond to is if someone attacks them or if someone asks them something. I know that in games I've played, the people I would respond to the most would be those who made me do a back and forth kind of thing, like when I say something they they see a problem with, and I have to justify things pursuant to that. The interesting thing is that I would not think another person who plays like me would be necessarily scum if they did that, even though just because someone plays like you doesn't mean that they are town like you.
Another thing I'd like to say is that I saw a number of lurkers around these parts. I will not call them people who do not care about this game; I will call them people who are not on as much perhaps because of their being busy. And that's why I asked CMAR a question referring to whether he was busy; I saw him promising info or implying that things will be explained later, so he needs to at least inform us of whether this is a matter of him being busy even in that bigger post where he voted for mikemike without explaining why he placed that vote specifically. Another thing I'd point out is that the other lurker that I have noticeable problems with is ani; know some tell or imply that he is a person who gives an impression that he plays with a kiddish or sillier playstyle, which means that a vote he placed on me that seemed frivolous, where I said "there's no defense against policy death if people care deadly much amount about my criminal post" and even posted an Osama Bin Laden picture, and then ani accused me of not doing anything to defend myself from the fact that I linked to four ongoing games in a past game I played.
The more I think about it, the more I think that in this game, maybe people who speak more would be a group of people who should be suspect. I suspected Chuji at first because he could say some much apparently, but he did not vote for ani even though at the time I thought ani was scummier than Peregrine. I don't know about Chuji, but at least this seems to be a case that he made against Peregrine that's not just a shoddily put together case made in haste.
As for another person who posts a lot; we have Peregrine himself. I see him as someone who has reasons for his posts that may be trying to give an impression that he's involved somewhat without really voting for a serious vote. This brings into question his statement that ani had scummy posting, which was the most serious thing he said in his random votes. I do not think he made the argument that "it's ani, you have to say ani is doing wrong things, because it's ani!" But when he voted for ani and then after a while he took his vote off of Ani, that seemed anticlimatic that he at least thought someone was scummy apparently but was going to unvote from them anyway and continue doing the vote holding up thing
Also, I'd like to comment about mikemike; he seems low key, and maybe wants to jump along with other's suspicions. I don't know whether this is just someone who wants to see if others detect things and then agrees with them if they are good, or is someone who needs to be on a wagon because of opportunism.
s
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Me=Weird »

mike wrote:re Peregrine, yes I saw that but again post 277 which I presume you were referring to is essentially you responding to an attack from Peregine on yourself as pretty much all your posts recently have been.

Actually, I'd been leading up to an attack on peregrine for a couple posts. If this is meant to be an attack on me, it's an incredibly weak point, especially considering that there are some people who haven't been doing
anything.

Possible V/LA tomorrow.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Chuji Kunisada
Chuji Kunisada
Goon
Chuji Kunisada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Chuji Kunisada »

Taz 312- Do you think Peregrine is scum or do you just want to lynch him because either the rest of the town does/scum are bandwagoning him?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

missions now picked:

malpascp (picked Cement)
Quilford (picked Jack Hammer)
PeregrineV (picked Lemming Pledge)
me=weird (picked Concrete Mixer)
TOGTFO (picked Creatures)
Chuji Kunisada (picked Bookie)
mikemike778 (picked Limo)
Tazaro (Pier)
sAbLLimINal (picked Fedora)
animorpherv1 (picked shooter)
CryMeARiver (picked Payoff)
Jedo the Jedi (picked Cliff Diving)

Vote Count:

malpascp (1) Quilford
Me=Weird (1) PeregrineV
Peregrine (5) Chuji Kunisada, me=weird, TOGTFO, Jedo the Jedi, Tazaro
mikemike (1) CryMeARiver

Not voting:

With 12 players it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is July 14th, 1:15pm PST
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Jedo the Jedi wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:@Everyone- still learning the terminology. What is the "chainsaw defense?"

Who mentioned chainsaw defense?

I did. I'm asking what it is. Someone answered it for me. It's the defense of attacking someone else's attacker.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:I think it would be obvious. But maybe not. So, do you think it's scummy?

This is evasion. It is clearly not obvious because he's bringing it up again, and you still won't post why you think ani is scummy. I read ani in ISO and did not think him scummy at all. Clearly neither did PF since he just said what he thinks of ani. (That would be in the section of his post you didn't copy because it would have countered that whole bit where you try to demonstrate rhetorically that PF does indeed think ani scum.)

It is not evasion. It is a question. Apparently you do not think Ani's posting is scummy. But mine is?
This leads me to believe your definition of scummy is distinctly different from mine.

Jedo the Jedi wrote:

Why would you go to all that trouble to produce an ISO post "clearly demonstrating" the person's scumminess if you didn't actually think him to be scummy enough to abandon your voting regimen?
[/quote]
CK asked what I meant by scummy posting. To me, reading the ISO makes it apparent that Ani doesn't really put a whole lot of effort into the game, causing me to suspect his motives and alignment.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Tazaro »

Chuji Kunisada wrote:Taz 312- Do you think Peregrine is scum or do you just want to lynch him because either the rest of the town does/scum are bandwagoning him?

He's the best choice; so many people voted for him in a row, and issues with him have been in the back of my mind because he has a presence without doing as much as he could and it's a nagging kind of question whether he's hiding in plain sight.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”