The StarCraft II thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Will watch/be rooting for you. Good luck!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

So I got a new computer/mouse/keyboard and suddenly I'm getting facerolled in every SC2 match I play. WTF.
green shirt thursdays
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Moratorium »

you forgot to install the instawin drivers
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Otolia »

AGar wrote:"Man, I suck and he's good. I'm gonna six pool."

Oh man, I'm bad .. I'm gonna bunker rush >> (Thorzain vs. Stephano)

Otherwise HSCIII is more than awesome but there is WAY TOO MUCH GERMANS. Goody should have his fat ass banned from all tournaments because he is boring too watch. Almost as boring as NaNiwa ...
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Moratorium »

huk vs idra incoming
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:12 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

5PM today (as in, 45 minutes) ASCW is streaming a mini-tournament featuring Destiny, Vibe, Cruncher, and DDE.

If you're interested.
green shirt thursdays
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by AGar »

Hey look, two good players and two mediocre-but-popular-because-they-try-and-emulate-Idra's-attitude type players.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Otolia »

[M] placing 2 players in the top 6 and Adelscott in the top 20 of the HSCIII. \o/

@AGar : I fail to see where are the good players in those four ... (Vibe, DDE ?)

Starting a serious discussion : What do you think of the invasion of koreans in the western big events (like NASL Open) ? Is it good for the scene or will they deprive western players from valuable source of income ?
Keep in mind that only a few top NA/EU players are payed to train / make enough money of tournaments to make a living out of it.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by AGar »

Otolia wrote:@AGar : I fail to see where are the good players in those four ... (Vibe, DDE ?)

ViBE and dde aren't garbage like CrunCher and Destiny.

Otolia wrote:
Starting a serious discussion : What do you think of the invasion of koreans in the western big events (like NASL Open) ? Is it good for the scene or will they deprive western players from valuable source of income ?
Keep in mind that only a few top NA/EU players are payed to train / make enough money of tournaments to make a living out of it.

1. You're wrong when you say that "only a few top NA/EU players are payed to train" Most top teams have the resources to pay their players decent salaries, and when the houses are formed, that alleviates some of the expenses.

2. Western players who have the income provided from their teams are not focusing enough on their gaming to be complaining about Korean's entering the fray. Look at Huk and Jinro. They aren't doing a weekly podcast that takes up two hours that could be spent practicing. And they aren't helping produce weekly shows. And they aren't casting some tournament on a weekly basis. What they are doing (well, Jinro's slumping right now) is destroying face in most tournaments they enter. Idra admits to only practicing really a few hours a day, because his mechanics are so incredibly refined from his 2 years in BW progaming houses where he was practicing for almost 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. And when he was doing that, he was raping face. Now? He's arguably still one of the best outside Korea, but the results don't show as much. The scene isn't fractured like it was in BW.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

cruncher and destiny aren't garbage :( just because dde and vibe are slightly better(cruncher beat vibe, destiny lost to dde 2-1, with his internet being under constant attack and shit.)

^_^
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Otolia »

AGar wrote:1. You're wrong when you say that "only a few top NA/EU players are payed to train" Most top teams have the resources to pay their players decent salaries, and when the houses are formed, that alleviates some of the expenses.

:igmeou:

In France only MoMaN is paid to play starcraft 2 (and he is not the best player >>), insolence, Darkforce, Xlord aren't paid either. Grubby and ToD (former members of 4K) are still without teams and thus not paid. So far I know, EG fnatic, mouz, dignitas and TL (maybe coL now) have the resources to pay players on their roster a decent salary. Idra refused a scholarship to study physics to play starcraft ... he will probably regret it.

And houses are a korean concept, it's not really applicable outside, mostly because anyone with a ego would refuse to spend a miserable life playing 12 hours getting crushed by teammates until they can manage to qualify for a tournament ... that's also a reason why players like MC switched over to SC2.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by AGar »

Otolia wrote:
AGar wrote:1. You're wrong when you say that "only a few top NA/EU players are payed to train" Most top teams have the resources to pay their players decent salaries, and when the houses are formed, that alleviates some of the expenses.

:igmeou:

In France only MoMaN is paid to play starcraft 2 (and he is not the best player >>), insolence, Darkforce, Xlord aren't paid either. Grubby and ToD (former members of 4K) are still without teams and thus not paid. So far I know, EG fnatic, mouz, dignitas and TL (maybe coL now) have the resources to pay players on their roster a decent salary. Idra refused a scholarship to study physics to play starcraft ... he will probably regret it.

EG, FnaticMSI, mousesports, ESC, TL, compLexity, sixjax, dignitas - just to name a few offhand that I know are paying something to their players.

IdrA is making a comfortable living with EG, and will for a decent amount of time. Who knows what he'll do after this, but I doubt he's going to be miserably poor off after his tenure in progaming ends.

Grubby has his own team right now, "Team Grubby" and SteelSeries is sponsoring him, which means he's probably getting enough to live on. He doesn't have to pay the excess that some of the larger organizations need to in order to sustain his team, so he's set.

White-Ra's salary is above average for Ukraine (this is pre-Duckload/Thermaltake) and he was living comfortably on that.

My guess is mTw also probably makes enough, at least some of their players. I don't know their roster offhand.

Otolia wrote:
And houses are a korean concept, it's not really applicable outside, mostly because anyone with a ego would refuse to spend a miserable life playing 12 hours getting crushed by teammates until they can manage to qualify for a tournament ... that's also a reason why players like MC switched over to SC2.

This is relevant how? In NA, NASL is running a season that lasts roughly 15 weeks (let's just say 4 months). MLG appears once every two months. Other LANs are appearing regularly, all with significant prize pools. Every player (well, most every player) that played at DreamHack probably didn't pay much, if anything, to get there and only had minimal expenses. This means you have numerous opportunities to make decent money, even outside of Korea. Living in a house with other progamers (You could fit 6 in a 3 BR house, 9 if you really want to push it and the players are dedicated to this) alleviates some living expenses and gives you extremely valuable resources. And if this is your job and your living, be willing to put 40 solid hours into it, maybe even more. If I had the talent and was getting paid for this, I'd sure as hell be putting in the time. There isn't a single player outside of Korea who has any good reason to have an ego about themselves right now, and none of them should be bitching about "Koreans invading the scene." Work for it, dammit.

pickemgenius wrote:cruncher and destiny aren't garbage :(

They're decent players. But the only reason they're relevant to anyone is because they try and emulate IdrA's borderline unprofessionalism and rudeness. Cruncher's biggest claim to fame is a mediocre run in TSL3, beating IdrA (significant) and Mondragon (insignificant T_T). And the IdrA games can be more attributed to "IdrA, stop being an arrogant ass all the time," than CrunCher exhibiting a lot of talent. Destiny hasn't done anything worth noting yet.

Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Moratorium »

Pretty pumped that huk won both dreamhack and homestory. Looking forward to watching the next GSL.

He's my goto guy to watch because he's also an American-Canadian Protoss like me :)

Noticed that him and MC do the exact same 1 gate core opening now in terms of placement (they put their pylons/initial gateway/cybercore in the same exact spots every match against certain races), and they seem to be doing pretty similar builds lately, i guess when huk said him and MC sit next to each other in the oGS house 12 hours a day every day practicing and sharing info, he wasn't kidding.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Otolia »

Whatever because Stephano swept Huk in the groupstage. That kid made a splash :P though he should have destroyed Thorzain.

What I thought is that the setting up prohouses korean-style is very risky. Sure SC2 has a huge popularity but will it be enough to sustain many players in the long run ? In korea banks are sponsoring the GSL, most European team are sponsored by companies related to gaming and they are limited in budget.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Moratorium »

You have to win when it counts. In the bracket, MC 2-0'd Stephano, but Huk 3-1'd MC.

Probably my favorite frenchman there was the one that kept casting (tod?), he seemed the most insightful...
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Otolia »

Stephano choked against MC, not that I think he is a better player than a 3 times GSL champion but it was his first international lan, he is only 17 and still haven't graduated. You don't have to defend the result, HuK has a very strong PvP but I don't think he can go far in the Code S because of the HUGE amount of terrans (MKP, Polt, MVP, sC)

If Huk defeats Polt in the Code S, I will put him above Alicia on the world protoss ranking (MC > Alicia > Inca). In the mean time, he is still a PvP ace. I predict a win against Killer and aLive though.

ToD is a former 4K. Since you don't know him, he was in THE dream team at some point in the WC3 (id est 4Kings) so he is the sole french who speaks a very good english. Still don't have a team and it was take who paid his ticket to the HSC.

EDIT : He improved his game overnight :wink:
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2545809

S2 lock coming this Wednesday :O
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I picked this up again a few days ago.

Name: Iecerint
Code: 713

Add me if you want. :P
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

OKAY, I WILL
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It didn't let me add you back...I guess you just messaged me? O well. :?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:17 am

Post by AGar »

Updated the master table. Several people have noted playing/having accounts but haven't given up the goods. List at the bottom.

Mafiascum Name
Starcraft II Name
Starcraft II ID
Non-NA Server
AGarAGar#777
Albert B. RampageRampage#295
ClausPatoArmado#451
DeathRowKittyGhostFrog#104
DTMasterDTMaster#595
FateFate#257
FlameaxeBuhbuhbam#884
GammagooeyGamma#853
IecerintIecerint#713
JDodgehallucinogen#324
kiwieaglekiwithefruit#504
Llamarblellamarble#198
Moratoriummoratorium#246
MorthasMorthas#861EU
Papa ZitoPapaZito#836
pickemgeniuspickemgenius#577
QuagmireChipperPear#134
scotmany12ejcraw#253
SaintKerriganStKerrigan#662
NuwenNuwen#294
ShanbaShanba#743EU
TheButtonMenTheButtonMen#659
TheGunslingerMarksman#977
VisMaiorlegallyBlind#469EU
xRECKONERxreckonerX#447
ZyrconiumZyrconium#398EU

KoC
Cyberbob
Gandalf
DeathNote
bv (?)
moospiker
Tanstalas
UltimaAvalon
Last edited by AGar on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Claus »

I wonder if there is some sort of crawler or website that tracks league position of people, that we could use to have an automated list of the classification of each scummer in the ladder?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:45 am

Post by AGar »

If SC2Ranks wasn't shitting itself, we can make a custom "division."

E: It works, making the division now. Link soon.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Iecerint »

Ha. Like a more formal Worst of the Worst. :P

Return to “The Arcade”