mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 am

Post by mastin2 »

That being said; can you explain why you thought Quilford was town on day 1, Mastin?
Dunno. My notes say simply, "Oversoul and Quilford are both town, by the way." Nothing more.

If I had to guess, it's likely an early post or two from Quilford. That's generally the kind of thing which makes me say that sort of statement.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:45 am

Post by MrZepher »

Weird how the very first thing I see when I check in is a vote on me, interesting.

I said POTENTIAL chainsaw, meaning it only means something to me if/when Yos flips scum.
I "avoided" the Empking wagon while I was around because it seemed silly to lynch somebody who obviously (at this point) had a bookie on them.
I'm currently re-reading because I honestly have barely any idea of wtf is going on, and I'm disinclined to start making arguments without educating myself on the happenings of the game.

I'm going to have to fight an uphill battle trying to convince all of you I'm town purely because of Swag's terribad play, and I already realize that my continued absence during the game doesn't help at all.

Also, I don't feel at that Idher is obv town at all, so it's weird that you say that.

I'm at work right now, and can continue my re-read later, so if you don't mind...
or something like that....
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:46 am

Post by mastin2 »

It could be 42/43, the way they confirmed which did it. (Tone.) Might have been 69. Could be overall play from them. (Like Oversoul's 49 didn't look like a scum move.) Heck, it could have been gut. (Almost certainly not, but possible.)

Quite frankly, I don't remember.

I do think it was early-game, though. Likely first five pages.
My academy.
Agnigi
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrZepher wrote:
I said POTENTIAL chainsaw, meaning it only means something to me if/when Yos flips scum.

Accusing someone who's clearly town of a "potential chainsaw" is a scum tell. I don't believe that if you were town you'd actually be thinking of Îdher as potential scum at this point. Looks more like you just wanted to try to scare them away from defending me.

I "avoided" the Empking wagon while I was around because it seemed silly to lynch somebody who obviously (at this point) had a bookie on them.

Really? That's not what you said yesterday. All you said was:

That being said, I feel like I can give Emp BoD in not submitting the kill.

I don't know what "BoD" means, but it sounds like you were defending him (IE: accepting his claim that he was a town vig who forgot to send in his kill, trying to convince us that that was a plausable defense.) You never mentioned the bookie thing.

I'm going to have to fight an uphill battle trying to convince all of you I'm town purely because of Swag's terribad play, and I already realize that my continued absence during the game doesn't help at all.

Actually, your play so far is worse then Swag's, all things considered.

Also, I don't feel at that Idher is obv town at all, so it's weird that you say that.

Explain this, please.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Îdher
Îdher
Goon
Îdher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by ├Ädher »

For what it's worth, I don't think I'm obvtown either. Pretty blatantly off my game here.

I don't really think Zephyr is the way to go.

-Ether
Amrun + Ether hydra.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Îdher wrote:For what it's worth, I don't think I'm obvtown either. Pretty blatantly off my game here.

I don't really think Zephyr is the way to go.

-Ether

Meh. Knowing that Empking was scum, I don't really see how anyone can read your hydra's day 1 posts about him and not come away pretty confident that you guys are town.
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by MrZepher »

To be fair, it's a gut thing. Idher's posts just seem strange.
A lot of the things in this game seem strange right now; hence why I'm making the effort to read it again.

I thought I had posted about my disinterest in voting Empking. Apparently I didn't.
My defense becomes moot.

Day 1 I didn't exactly want to kill the claimed vig, Idk who would honestly. It's not good form to lynch claimed PR's day 1.
Day 2 I gave him the benefit of the doubt (BoD) in not submitting an action because I've actually done that before, but that was only supposed to be a temporary place for me to sit on the matter. I would have rather tried to find other scum in that instance (despite my signature lol) considering the high likelihood of losing 2 town players.

Also, if you recall when I replaced in, it was close to the end of Day 1 (whether I had a choice in that or not is questionable) scumhunting wasn't exactly an option that close to the deadline; I had to decide whether I thought UT was scum or not; he seemed a better choice at the time than Emp or Yos (and obv no lynch wasn't going to happen, nor was it a viable option)
I went V/LA shortly after Day 2 began, before I could involve myself in any discussion; only being able to check in for 2-3 minutes at a time and having to monitor 2-3 games made it difficult to try to post, so I opted to lurk and try to post when I got back thinking it would still be day 2. It's day 3 obviously and I don't have shit compared to the flips and whatnot, so I need to rework some things.
For once I'm gonna have to bust out the pencil and paper. I'm playing so fantastically this game, if you can't already tell /sarcasm.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by saporovirus »

I don't really like KKB's pushing the yos thing, because he is townie town.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Then vote.

Also,
Mod: V/LA Friday until Monday
My academy.
Agnigi
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX: Generally positive opinion on this guy. Generally makes sense. Only major point against him is he was on the bad day 1 Ethos wagon.

I'm not going to soapbox too much but its not my fault mason in the secret decoder ring means scum every damn time.

I'll never get it.

If I get some energy this weekend and give a full case on Chair can we dance that way? I've given some clear nods in the iso but nothing in one spot.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'd be willing to wagon Chair.
My academy.
Agnigi
Chair
Chair
Goon
Chair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by Chair »

VOTE: kanye
I've explained why he's scum. 754 had my primary case (so far) on him. There was also more in 869 and 873. He never responded to any of these. I may coalesce a case in one post on him at some point soon. He's the best lynch for today.

At this point, Misder and I agree on kanye and spyrex as scum. Mastin's post with one of {us, spyrex} and one of {kanye, yos} was good, and I agree with it.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Be still my heart. Such shock.
Show

Proud member of BaM
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Stopped at Page 20. Decided I should start writing notes and had to go back to get post numbers and such. Plus I'm a busy guy.
I'M WRITING FUCKING NOTES WTF///

anyways, there's a large wall incoming, hopefully a vote, but I'd rather discuss first since it's like 3 people I could put my vote on at any given time
Wall should be up sometime tomorrow evening/night.
I can't post from work anymore; I actually got in trouble today for that so.....
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yosarian2 (2): kanyeknowsbest, Knight of Cydonia
Chair (1): SpyreX
kanyeknowsbest (2): mastin2, Chair
MrZepher (1): Yosarian2

Not voting: saporovirus, Îdher, Oversoul, kunkstar7, MrZepher

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
mastin2 is V/LA until Monday June 11th.
Prodding kunkstar7 for the last time.
Deadline is in (expired on 2011-07-19 23:00:00).
green shirt thursdays
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Hrm. I'm still majorly sketchy about Yos, but then his previous record... benefit of the doubt for now, I guess. I'm a little behind here, will have to read up the last few pages.
unvote
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:38 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Oh crap. Reading up. Need to take a look at what all went down with Empking on Day 1.
Welcome to the Network.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:41 am

Post by saporovirus »

vote: Kanye
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I lost this game in the bookmarks but it is not forgotten.

Tomorrow I got a blessed day off so I will compose a real case.
Show

Proud member of BaM
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Unvote, Vote Chair

Yosarian's excuse makes sense to me, especially in light of his mistake about the lylo likeliness. I did not think about whether or not it was possible for us to be in lylo when I first attacked him for the "we" slip. I was most interested in pointing it out quickly and with certainty to gauge his response. As for other responses to the whole thing, I find Zepher's #934 to be especially troubling.

I'd also like to note that my top three choices all avoided empking wagon (with kunkstar being completely absent from even discussion about it)

Chair wrote:I've explained why he's scum. 754 had my primary case (so far) on him. There was also more in 869 and 873. He never responded to any of these.

Well let's fix that, shall we?

Chair #754 wrote:Looking at kanye's ISO, he looks scummy to me. Posts 97-98 look manufactured. The attack on Ethos in 318 just feels bad... like a lame excuse to jump on a wagon. The reasons for attacking Ethos are: 1) sheeping quil's reasoning that Ythan/Ethos aren't both town. This is bad reasoning in the first place... there's no intrinsic reason that any given conflict, even if extended like this, can't be town on town. 2) Backpedaling on the reason that Ethos wasn't posting. So what... this is such a minor point that it's ridiculous to attack him for it. 3) Using meta. There's no reason to think that using meta = scum.

Basically, his voting ethos just looks really bad, wagoning while giving really bad reasons for it. Ethos also brought up some of this, and kanye's 347 responding to ethos's arguments is also pretty weak. None of his responses feel like they actually address the arguments Ethos was making. They feel like kanye is just repeating the arguments that he made originally. For example: when Ethos makes a point that kanye sounds disingenuous and that he shouldn't be asking ethos to stop making bad arguments if he thinks ethos is scum, kanye doesn't actually respond to either of these points and just continues to say what he was saying before: "i'm going to keep calling you out for using meta," essentially. He isn't answering the questions, he's just repeating rhetoric.

my reasons for voting had nothing to to with quil's reasoning on ythan/ethos. i also was not backpedaling on anything? i was attacking the fact that he gave himself an excuse to stop posting but then did not take it. it was hardly influential in my decision to vote him. the majority of my reasoning for voting ethos was tied up in his interactions with parabollocks and the argument he had with spyrex and ythan, as well as his attempts to constantly use meta. and i do in fact believe that using meta is scummy.

I responded to 869 already. I thought I replied to 873 before I went on V/LA over the 4th but I must not have.

Chair #873 wrote:First paragraph: I don't feel like I was being overdefensive about the hydra point - I was just responding to it. The "others flipping town implicating me" thing was me asking spyrex to clarify something - I wanted to know if he meant that we were just his third strongest scumread, or if there was a specific reason that ethos/para flipping town would cause him to have a scumread on us (i.e. a connection). As for "fake attempts at scumhunting," you calling them fake doesn't make them fake. You haven't explained how anything that we've said looks like "fake scumhunting" to you - and unless you do, your argument is invalid.

@487: how have I not detailed my argument on Spyrex? I explained it in-depth in 415... did you not read that post? did you just ignore it? As for not voting on the suspicion, why if I was scum would I even need to give myself an excuse to not vote spyrex? Why couldn't I, as scum, just vote him and say Misder agreed with me? Why is it a scum behavior to use that to justify not voting Spyrex when as scum I could just as easily have voted him?
@695: essentially, when I was saying that, it was because of Spyrex's playstyle. The way that Spyrex is playing, I feel, will make it easier to read him as the game goes on. His attempt to develop a voting block, for example, will mean more after more people in that voting block have flipped. I also want to see how his reads develop as the game goes on.
@754: Untrod was the scumread that Misder and I had the most agreement about. The list of "more likely scum" was just listing people that weren't in my town list, which is why I went through all of them to get better individual reads. As for "not committing to anything" - this is just a ridiculous accusation.
that post wrote:
So My main scumreads would be kanye, untrod, zepher (but he hasn't posted yet so we'll see), and spyrex. I'm leaving our vote on untrod for now, since misder has a scumread on him and deadline is approaching and there's another vote on him.

I "commit" to scumreads in this line. Again, did you miss this line or ignore it? Also, why should town commit to reads in the first place? The game is constantly shifting with new information every day - why should anyone but scum commit completely to any particular read? Why is there more scum motivation to "not commit" to reads than there is town motivation?

You're right, calling it fake doesn't make it fake. I said that it felt to me like it was fake, that you were doing it for the sake of appearing to want to scum hunt. I admit, this is a very subjective point.
re: 695, I still don't get why you need to point out that a lynch on someone you think is null isn't necessary "today."
re: 754, the important part is this: "claims that empking is leaning town? he then says he would not be against the empking lynch." Your top read is UT, empking is leaning town for you. But you are not opposed to abandoning your top read and making sure you are on the empking wagon. We can happily look at this in retrospect knowing that empking was scum and it makes sense why you would want to make sure you were on a scum wagon if it had to go through.
Your point about "committing" to reads is a bit of a strawman. Not once did I mention anything about that and your attacking and easily refuting my phantom argument doesn't really say much. My main point was that you are setting these reads up and conflicting this way and that but it did not feel like you actually had any interest in pushing any of those reads. My point above re: 754 only aids this. This returns to my point about it feeling like you were fake scumhunting.

As far as the hydra thing goes, I don't like your play for the same reason that I did not like that of Ethos. You can express to us that you have dissent between the heads leaving you free to flip flop to whichever side you want. I agree that reads are an ever changing thing and sticking steadfastly to them is just being obstinate, but the way that you are setting up the dissent between yourself feels manufactured to me.

Chair, could you update us on your reads and where you believe everyone stands?
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SpyreX wrote:
SpyreX: Generally positive opinion on this guy. Generally makes sense. Only major point against him is he was on the bad day 1 Ethos wagon.

I'm not going to soapbox too much but its not my fault mason in the secret decoder ring means scum every damn time.

I'll never get it.

(shrug) It's not the mason part of it that bothers me; it's that Ythan's case against Ethos always seemed really thin, overblown, and spun up into a huge deal out of basically nothing to me, and I don't really get why you went along with Ythan on it.

Like I said, though, that's the only real problem I have with your play so far.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

Kayne has three votes by my count right now.
Chair has two.

Is there anyone here who strongly disagrees with one of those two being our lynch today?
My academy.
Agnigi
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:09 am

Post by MrZepher »

NOT BEFORE I GET MY WALL UP. FOOL.
I'm not missing out on another day lol.

For the record, I disagree with a chair lynch.
Îdher
Îdher
Goon
Îdher
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:37 am

Post by ├Ädher »

Kanye is another wagon that I am not...really interested in. But feel free to argue with that and shit.

I have exactly zero opinion on Chair.

-Ether
Amrun + Ether hydra.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

mastin2 wrote:Kayne has three votes by my count right now.
Chair has two.

Is there anyone here who strongly disagrees with one of those two being our lynch today?

I disagree with the Chair lynch. He hasn't done anything overtly scummy and Kanye's behavior towards Hiraki and Ethos is ugly considering their flips. :|

I looked at everyone's posts (those who are still alive) and it seems like everyone has made one bleh post that doesn't seem particularly town, but other than that I am pretty much at a stand still for reads. I don't know why I can't a read other than like 3 or 4 people, but it is annoying me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”