Mafia 137 - Neruzian Era Mafia SERIAL KILLER WIN!

Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Uprising »

I don't like how people are trying to draw connections between themselves and other people this early if that makes sense.
Mastin's making me feel uneasy and it's something I can't even describe. It's like there's a spider on the ceiling right above the stairs and I'm afraid to go past for fear it will jump on me and kill me.

With all this being said, I will UNVOTE:
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
[21:37] <@Xyl> Uprising is the nicest person in the channel
http://webchat.globalgamers.net/ Channel: #mafia
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

tomie wrote:See the contradiction you're making here?

Nope.

hiplop says mastin is trying to look good. And then he said it looks bad. And I asked him how he could possibly think it was designed to make him look good if he looks bad because of it.

That has nothing to do with me or why I said I think mastin is town, which is mostly gut based on #7 and subsequent posts that fit that gut read. The elaborate reads don't make him look town because he's "trying to look town" as hiplop suggests... I don't think he was trying to look town there at all.

tomie wrote:'OMG, the oh, so, town-looking wonderful Mastin already realised I'm town. He's that great and I'm amazing at giving town-tells.' This reminds me of Tyra Banks and some wanna-be model who thinks she's the best.

For the record, if you call me town, you too can earn a free pass into my town reads. It's that simple. Do it.

tomie wrote:Now answer the question what other reason I could have to mention you other than appearing scummy when I mentioned that you should be looked at if Mastin is town.

I've already answered this. It makes sense if you have anything other than a town read on me (which could be null or could be scummy - you didn't specify at the time, thus sat on the fence).

But here's the thing. You think the only way I could possibly be scum is if mastin is town, and you think mastin is scum now, right? So durrrrrrrrr you should have a provisional town read on me if you have as scum read on mastin.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Pine »

Back from vacation. I'll start reading this through.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Hiplop

Grey, I still have no meta so you're wrong.

Btw. he's scum.

Did you like read my signature? Why would I give a shit about your meta?

My gut just says scum.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 am

Post by mastin2 »

Too distracted right now. Will return when this game makes sense to me.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 am

Post by malpascp »

@GreyICE: yeah, when you meta someone, the mod PMs him a town role.

What a wonderful idea.
Last edited by Neruz on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Maxous »

muffin - 116 wrote: Yes it does. Less spread if people are voting within a smaller sample size.

What...?
Are you implying we should be basing the first few lynches based on mastin's bandwagon or something?

Tomie -123 wrote: And Toon has gotten himself in the 'scummy-looking' area~

I don't see it. Why is he scummy looking?

uprising - 125 wrote: I don't like how people are trying to draw connections between themselves and other people this early if that makes sense.

Not really..
Are you referring to Tomie and zMuffinman?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Uprising
Uprising
Goon
Uprising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Uprising »

Maxous wrote:
uprising - 125 wrote: I don't like how people are trying to draw connections between themselves and other people this early if that makes sense.

Not really..
Are you referring to Tomie and zMuffinman?

unless I've misread, haven't they also been trying to draw connections between themselves and mastin as well (at least on muffinman's part)?
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
[21:37] <@Xyl> Uprising is the nicest person in the channel
http://webchat.globalgamers.net/ Channel: #mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

malpascp wrote:@GreyICE: yeah, when you meta someone, the mod PMs him a town role.

The above statement is true.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:58 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

maxous wrote:What...? Are you implying we should be basing the first few lynches based on mastin's bandwagon or something?

No. But you were wrong when you said it makes no difference.

up wrote:unless I've misread, haven't they also been trying to draw connections between themselves and mastin as well (at least on muffinman's part)?

Yeah, tomie is claiming that I'm scum if mastin is town but I can't be scum with mastin. Or something like that. It's a load of crap, but whatever.

I'm actually surprised tomie's still on mastin. From the sounds of it, there's more reason to believe I'm scum than mastin.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:10 am

Post by malpascp »

GreyICE wrote:
malpascp wrote:@GreyICE: yeah, when you meta someone, the mod PMs him a town role.

Obviouslly.

I just got a PM saying that from now on, everything I write becomes true.

PS: the above statement is a joke. Really honestlly not non-joking
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 am

Post by mastin2 »

Muffin wrote:I'm actually surprised tomie's still on mastin. From the sounds of it, there's more reason to believe I'm scum than mastin.
There's a reason for that.

It's called opportunism.

Hurry, if you vote Tomie first, it won't be considered OMGUS!
My academy.
Agnigi
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I don't mind OMGUSing, if it comes to it. But that would require moving my vote from scum to tomie, and I'm not as confident about tomie as you seem to be.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Pine »

Results of first read-through: I agree with Mastin about Tomie. Mastin is Town. I lol'd at his Pine category. You really can't read me for shit, can you Mastin? I bet it bugs you.

Beginning second read-through, will keep an eye on details this time (as opposed to the broad strokes of the game thus far.)

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Pine »

EBWOP:
Vote: Tomie

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yes. To no end. :P You hold a world record, Pine.

Nobody else can be in four categories at the same time. :P

(Town [based off of the "reverse my initial read on Pine and it'll be correct" in combination with his Tomie vote], Scum [Process of Elimination pointed his way], Null [in both town and scum], and Pine. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Pine »

You had a scum read on me? Lololol. Gods you suck Mastin. That whole reversal thing is working though. Glad we're on the same team. Let's tear it UP.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Not a scumread. (You hadn't even posted yet, Pine!) Just process of elimination. Game of this size, five scum, POE had you as one of the five.
My academy.
Agnigi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Pine »

No one's perfect, Mastin. Not even your PoE.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

zMuffinMan wrote:
tomie wrote:See the contradiction you're making here?

Nope.

hiplop says mastin is trying to look good. And then he said it looks bad. And I asked him how he could possibly think it was designed to make him look good if he looks bad because of it.

While I believe mastin is town, and his post in question wasn't aimed at making him look good, you're thinking things through wrong here Muffin.

If someone's plan was to make themselves appear town, then their thought process would be "I want to appear town, so how best do I go about it?" If what they come up with actually makes people believe they're not town, but scum trying to appear town, it doesn't suddenly change how it was designed.

Companies often create ad campaigns to draw people in, sometimes those ad campaigns fail miserably and actually hurt the company instead. Based on your own logic, how could the campaign have been designed to help the company if it hurt it?

malpascp wrote:
GreyICE wrote:

Obviouslly.

I just got a PM saying that from now on, everything I write becomes true.

PS: the above statement is a joke. Really honestlly not non-joking

And here... GreyIce is quite obviously pointing out that meta is shit, and shouldn't be used. Because people who don't really pay attention to meta wont notice things anyway, and likely aren't even worrying about playing the same way every time. However, people who ARE thinking about meta would also be able to change up how they place to match a town meta every time anyway. Thus, following meta leads to mislynching town more often than it leads to lynching scum. Which is a fair point to make. Thus, meta is pointless to follow.

Plus, some people's meta changes based on role. You wouldn't expect someone with a VT role this game to play exactly the same if they have a cop role in the next one. Thus, while they're both town roles, they're different roles entirely. So if you've played with someone for 4 games with them as a VT, and suddenly they're playing differently, you lynch them based on meta, only to find you've just offed the town cop.
Neruz
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Neruz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Neruz »

GREEN
(Also Some Votes)

mastin2 ( 5 ) -
Toon Fighter, Tomie Uzumaki, malpascp, Phoebus, hiplop
Tomie Uzumaki ( 4 ) -
mastin2, Empking, Bowser, Pine
hiplop ( 3 ) -
Maxous, Torqez, Hirarky
Hirarky ( 2 ) -
paupam's rat, GreyICE
paupam's rat ( 1 ) -
warriormode
Bowser ( 1 ) -
edmund.angles
zMuffinMan ( 1 ) -
somerandomguy
Phoebus ( 1 ) -
zMuffinMan
Torqez ( 1 ) -
PranaDevil

11 Votes to Lynch

Day 1 will end at approximately 10:00AM GMT+0 on the 26th of July.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

whoever wrote this, i just copied this text without looking at the name and scrolled down and cbf scrolling back up even though it would be quicker to do that then write this all out wrote:If someone's plan was to make themselves appear town, then their thought process would be "I want to appear town, so how best do I go about it?" If what they come up with actually makes people believe they're not town, but scum trying to appear town, it doesn't suddenly change how it was designed.

I know what you're saying, but it's irrelevant.

I'm asking hiplop to tell me exactly why he thinks mastin was 'trying to look good' because I don't think that's what mastin was doing.

The whole "how could he look good if it makes him look bad?" part is about hiplop saying that if you ISO mastin later on, he will look good because of it... Which is kind of durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when he thinks it makes him look bad.

btw is IIoA all you have to add? No other comments on the game?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by hiplop »

muffin i dont see what you dont get... I explained it fine earlier, stop distracting town.
third best scummer of all time
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Nope, you didn't. And you're not going to brush me off by claiming this is 'distracting town'.

Considering there are three people actually voting for you, and I'm not one of them, how about you actually do something?
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by pappums rat »

hiplop wrote:muffin i dont see what you dont get... I explained it fine earlier, stop distracting town.

Yes, you explained it, but not with any halfway decent reasoning, because it does not make any sense. You had said:

hiplop wrote:I'm thinking in late game. When you ISO someone, and you see things like that; it will look better, and i think he knows that.

Its really just a RV with some reasoning/weight to it.

In what way could he possibly "look good" for posting these kind of reads when they were on people who had merely "/confirmed"? Do you think people are going to be stupid enough and/or forget this fact?

hiplop wrote:Town shouldn't have to try to look good. Thats what he is doing, hes not actually doing anything helpful. Its simply an illusion

Can you not think of any other motivation behind posting these "reads"?

In any case, I am tired of this line of conversation and would like it to end after hiplop answers my questions. I think mastin's "reads" have not had the intended effect and have stalled the game.

I am pretty sure hiplop is town, based on other games I have played/read with him.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”