Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Benmage »

I don't like post 515... trying to have dgb say dh is his scummiest for not posting is bleh.

That said... dgbs vote is obvious shit.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Benmage »

Ohhhh dgb was on baby :shifty:

Anywhose I still think the DH attempt is misplaced for today.

Silavor....... silavor..... silavor???

Zzz lynch the lurking scum
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
The Illuminati
The Illuminati
Townie
The Illuminati
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:54 am

Post by The Illuminati »

Alright, I guess everyone needs to know about how I live my life.

I either wake up around 8, shower, dress, then go to work at Perkins at 9. I'm there till either 8 or 10 at night. I come back, shower, post 3 or 4 times and sleep.

Other days, I wake up, have a tutor session for ASL that lasts 2 hours, eat a late lunch, post 4 or 5 times and then work 5 till 11 or 12. I come home, shower, and sleep.

Days like today, for example, I wake up at 8, shower, dress, drive 30 mins to a summer camp, stand at a pool until 12:30, come home, eat lunch, run errands, leave to the camp again until 6, come back and have a tutor sesh from 8 until 10. Shower, eat, post a few times and then sleep. This has been everyday for the past 2 or so weeks.

So no, its not because my hydra was waiting to be activated; not mostly, anyway. It discouraged me from reading a bit, but it was because Vi threatened me with replacement, so I got my ass into gear. I'm still on my phone. I just didn't have time to read through 15+ pages. What else do you want to know? How about my blood type? Sex life? Mother's maiden name?

-DH
Hydra of DemonHybrid (DH) and Seraphim (S, Sera)
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Duplicity »

Tarh, can you explain how you maintain suspicion over Quilford despite the fact that Khan stated he would invicdus Quilford and got shot? Furthermore can you attempt to elaborate on your reads outside of Quilford and MoI because your suspicions right now reads as highly targetted to the players posting a signifcant amount less. There also should be no reason to be against the voting system because even if there is a doctor or something similar which prevents mafia being inviducsed we know that the lack of invidcuse on the person with the leading votes leads them to be mafia.

Dance, I have a tendancy to use larger words than needed in my posts and it becomes much more incoherent in the early hours of the morning so my apologies but in future I'll try to be much more concise. If I may ask what means of communication are you two attempting to use to discuss read differences because your disagreement in thread reads strongly as if you haven't stopped to have a conversation on MSN or in QT.

I can understand the tone difference being decribed in MoI's play however I don't believe that it's a scum-tell. He doesn't have a tone that's consistent as town or mafia but rather his tone is defined by the occurances of the game, a key example of this would be in Jungle Republic where he started of being highly logical and then jumped into a debate with anyone that questioned him or his reads. Right now this is reading as highly similar to that, the meta case by Fate is incredibly nitpicky, selective and weak and I would much prefer a Sila or Gut lynch right now.

The Illumni's lack of activity is a complete null-tell considering DH's history as town, I've seen him lurk throughout multiple games however I want him to explain when and which parts of the thread he has read through.

Right now I still maintain strong town reads on Gamma (Quilford), Fate, DBG, Dance, Benmage and to a degree Vit as well. Not seeing the town read that Shift got from Bans reactions however I'll deal with that when I have a discussion with him later. I'm still highly confident that majority of the scum are within Sila, Baby, Zach and Gut however at the moment I'm relatively more confident in it being Sila and Gut. Silavors lack of any form of content or effort into this game in comparison to all of his town games is massive furthermore it reads as if he's attempting to lurk through the day in hope that the MoI lynch goes through rather than his. Off to bed I go, please don't quick lynch today I want to at least have a discussion with Shift and post all of our shared thoughts before the day ends.

Confirm Vote: Silavor
Uninvictus, Invictus: Gut

Invictus Count

[/u]
Baby Spice (6): Fate, danceHello, Zachrulez, Benmage, silavor, DGB
Gut (3): VitaminR, ZachRulez, Duplicity
Silavor (3): Gut, Ban, Gamma
Dancehello (2): Baby Spice, Nautilius
VitaminR (1): Ban
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Duplicity »

DH, anything related to your personal and sexual relationship with Scumhunter would be appreciated as well.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
The Illuminati
The Illuminati
Townie
The Illuminati
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:03 am

Post by The Illuminati »

Scumhunter's a heartbreaker and I'm holding his baby. He owes child support.

On the agenda:

-Assess DGB
-Make sense of the silvalor, MoI and Spyre wagons
-Explain what I read and understand

This will come after my next shift. I can't do all of this on my droid in 30 mins.

-DH
The Illuminati
The Illuminati
Townie
The Illuminati
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:04 am

Post by The Illuminati »

Thanks for the invictus count as well.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:25 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Benmage wrote:Did you think DH was strategically not posting?

I do.

Benmage wrote:How are you so confident with silavor????? And I'm not checking now.. but have you always seen him town?

I said he was town around the time he hammered, maybe in D1 twilight. Scum is more careful, this was an obv lulz wagon, no scum in their right mind would hammer - even with the Fate-sheeping excuse. It's not a super-strong town read though - mostly it's tainted by the Lurkville Express.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:09 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Mod – I’ll be V/LA from today at 4pm EST til Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties.

--

I was to make a comprehensive post re: Sil’s scummy play but Gamma beat me to a sizeable chunk of it in 490.

Illuminati’s explanation for his ‘lack of posting’ strikes me as overwrought and inconsistent with things I have seen in [REDACTED].

--

Gut wrote:^scum

So Zachrulez is scum. I’d ask you why but you are scum so whatever answer you give me will be crap.

Thanks for helping me solidify my Zach as Town read.

--

DGB wrote: I said he was town around the time he hammered, maybe in D1 twilight. Scum is more careful, this was an obv lulz wagon, no scum in their right mind would hammer - even with the Fate-sheeping excuse. It's not a super-strong town read though - mostly it's tainted by the Lurkville Express.

See here I disagree with you DGB. Look at American Gods Mafia (you know, the game that Fate selectively pulled quotes out of context from).

I quickhammered before a claim Day 2 on Apoc despite commenting that he wasn’t scum earlier in Day 1 and Day 2. I did so pretending that I was just following the wagon that Fate was pushing hard to get a read on Fate. Day 3 I successfully argued my way out of the noose even though my reasoning for the vote as total crap.

Also look at Secret Invasion Mafia. SnakePlissken’s slot ‘quickhammered’ two days in a Row with his double-vote and people still gave him the “Scum would not do that” benefit of the doubt.

Scum, especially newb scum, who sees a chance to hammer a strong Town player like Spyrex when he has an ‘out’ in ‘Fate told me to’ as an excuse certainly might take that chance.

Especially in the environment where “The hammer was too scummy for scum” is alive and well like it is here on MS.

--

BabySpice wrote:The last time I saw this exact arguement, it was also based on a rapid lols lynch, was made by scum, and there was no scum off of that particular wagon.

Link to this please. I’d like to see the what sort of game and when in the game it happened.

--

Fate wrote:META RESEARCH

LOLNOTHX

Ok I see. So your half-assed Meta research is ‘compelling’ but you aren’t going to look at any Meta provided by others. Gotcha.

--

VitaminR wrote:*shrug* I pointed out that what Fate said was similar to what I had said previously. Feels like you're looking for a reason to vote me.

You think it feels like Benmage is looking at your play to find reasons you are scummy? Isn’t that what Mafia is all about?

His point here is a very strong one – Fate-Town is very susceptible to buddying / cronyism. So you sidling up beside him with ‘similar’ reads is quite possibly scum doing just that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Blah blah
scumz do sheep quick hammer lulz wagguns
blah blah blah

Well I don't remember seeing that myself, from my own experience. Mmmmmmm. Maybe I'm wrong.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Gut »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Gut wrote:^scum

So Zachrulez is scum. I’d ask you why but you are scum so whatever answer you give me will be crap.

Thanks for helping me solidify my Zach as Town read.

It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out what my answer would be - hint: it'd consist of one word.

P.S. I totally bus as scum.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Unvote: Vote: Gut

That was as good as a scum claim to me.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Well I don't remember seeing that myself, from my own experience. Mmmmmmm. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know if I should be insulted by your particular choice in condensed paraphrasing there .... :?

Is it absolutely 100% certain a scum hammer. Of course not. But add in his other play, the meta evidence Gamma and others have provided, and his stategic lurking as my wagon 'exploded' and it isn't a "LULZTOWNCRED" hammer.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Silavor seems to have flaked for what it's worth. (I'm in another ongoing game with him and he hasn't posted anywhere since posting here on Wednesday.)

So I'm not sure I buy strategic lurking as an argument. Everything else raised on him is valid though.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Fate »

Meta reseafrch when it is my OWN is valid because it refers to a game where I was with that player so I can compare how he interacts with me.

Other meta research on their own is worth a pile of bricks and usually boils down to "lol he lurks as scum but not town see looookie" or some bullshit.

Lol@Zachs vote on Gut.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Zachrulez »

His response to Magna amounted to challenging his town read by saying he buses as scum. I can't think of any reason why a post like that would come from town.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Fate »

So scum challenged someone who had a TOWN read on them, in order to erode said townread.

Like I said zach, lol u
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:20 am

Fate wrote:So scum challenged someone who had a TOWN read on them, in order to erode said townread.

Like I said zach, lol u

No you aren't getting it.

Scum Gut challenged my Town read on Zach to erode that read via "I totally bus as scum".

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Benmage »

Zachrulez wrote:Silavor seems to have flaked for what it's worth. (I'm in another ongoing game with him and he hasn't posted anywhere since posting here on Wednesday.)

So I'm not sure I buy strategic lurking as an argument. Everything else raised on him is valid though.

Ooooph, you idiot benmage! That's what I get for playing on a phone.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Fate »

Ah I see. ill move Gut back to null then
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Gut »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Fate wrote:So scum challenged someone who had a TOWN read on them, in order to erode said townread.

Like I said zach, lol u

No you aren't getting it.

Scum Gut challenged my Town read on Zach to erode that read via "I totally bus as scum".

That's how you erode town reads!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:57 am

Gut wrote:That's how you erode town reads!

It's like you are playing specifically in a scummy manner because "LULZ NO SCUMMZORS ACT SO SCUMMY".

Oh wait ... that's exactly what you are doing. Feel free to keep it up.

You need a bullet or rope stat.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Gammagooey »

So I have some form of a town read on everyone on the sila wagon except Magna (even Baby Spice, although it's a very weak read). You guys should get in on this.
Zach why are you still voting MoI btw, yeah he didn't claim everything but he basically said everything that we wanted from a claim anyway.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh wait I'm retarded disregard etc.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:21 am

Post by VitaminR »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
VitaminR wrote:*shrug* I pointed out that what Fate said was similar to what I had said previously. Feels like you're looking for a reason to vote me.

You think it feels like Benmage is looking at your play to find reasons you are scummy? Isn’t that what Mafia is all about?

It's odd to me that you're twisting my words in such an obvious fashion. First of all, it was Ban and, clearly, what I meant was that I got the feeling he wanted to vote me and just needed to make up a reason for it (either because his vote is insincere or because he has some sort of gut read he wants to justify). One comment that what Fate said was similar to what I said previously (which was just true, and unless I can read minds, hardly a planned thing) is by no means "cronyism." It was hardly significant enough to change anyone's mind about anyone.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”