Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Shahrizai wrote:Lurkitude=I replaced into a game with 16 pages of walls, and it took me a while to catch up. I asked everyone to respect that I was trying to catch up, but I didn’t get the chance. I did catch up in the break, and have been posting as frequently as possible sense then. I was visiting my best friend this past weekend, as her wedding is July 30, and I am the maid of honor, and we had a lot of errands to do. She lives four hours from me, and her future mother-in-law who is planning the wedding is a beast, and we had a really busy weekend. I posted when I had a break from the drama, but Sunday was really busy and I traveled home on Monday, and today I slept trying to recuperate. I can’t answer for Ninjacheese’s lurking, but I’ve done the best I can to get into this game and get a handle on it while still doing what I need to do in real life.

Wow.

That is a lot of information.

I feel like I hit a target very close to the mark somehow.

I'll even agree with you that Torq is lurking and is terrible - but he was on the wagon yesterday, and so though he may be scum he's not the scum who was off the wagon - that's you. plus, at this stage, if you flip scum he is obv. town, which will be awesome because he's a pain to read.

What's your read on Hellhound now? Still against hiplop's case there?
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Shahrizai »

No, you haven't hit anything. You're basing your case against me on "lurkiness" and the fact I wasn't on the wagon, and I'm telling you why you're wrong.

I don't agree that both scum couldn't or wouldn't have been on the wagon, especially in a newbie game. I think they were both there because I agree that Awesomea is town and I know I am. Right now I'm leaning for a Torqez/Scumhunter pairing based on my read of Torqez and his interactions with Scumhunter, but I haven't finished re-reading Scumhunter's side of the equation.

As for your question about hiplop's case on Hellhound, I already said that Hellhound satisfied my concerns with his responses. I don't agree with his conclusion about hiplop, and right now I think the way he and hiplop have been going back and forth is distracting and anti-town, but I don't want to lynch either one of them. They've both made decent enough points for me to think they're both town.

Now I have a question for you. When I flip town, who are you going to lynch next? Because you are as wrong about me as you were about DK, so you might want to rethink your reads a bit, being 0-2 and all.
Yes my lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'd rather be 0-2 than N/A. There's nothing wrong with being 0-2.
If you flip town i'd analyze your wagon and start again. Right now, going on the presumption you're town, are lynched, and not getting to see the rest of the wagon - I'd probably look at Scumhunter.
Depends on the NK too though, there's some bubbling pots there as well.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:03 am

Post by hiplop »

but that doesnt matter because hellhound is going today.
third best scummer of all time
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Ill be posting tonight.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 am

Post by hiplop »

cool
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Shah, you are appealing to Thor to ask if he will feel bad when he goes "0/2" assuming you would flip town. Aren't you concerned at all about Thor being scum here? If not why not? Your back and forth with Thor doesn't seem to discuss his alignment really. Do you view him as obv town or something?

Also, any more thoughts you have on me would be good as well. Obviously, not much I can say about your Torqez strangely defending me theory, although if something feels odd about specific examples feel free to post them. Torqez could be scummy if he is defending me irrationally, but I'd have to look back to consider that perspective. Knowing I am not scum, I instinctively think that whoever is defending me is town. Granted I can see how scum could do that to gain town cred. So yea, more info on why you think what you think about me or Torqez would be great.

Also, I still need to do a full read through when i get a solid block of time to do so. Perhaps tonight.

We definitely need more content from Awesoma and Torqez too...
Show
-----
-----
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by hiplop »

his impressive abililty to access the server logs to see when i logged in vs when i posted (obviously bollocks
)

only thing i think i forgot to reply to, i just looked on your profile that day and it said you hadnt logged on since the night before...
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #24

Shahrizai:
Thor665
, hellhound1, Thor665 (L-2)
Awesoma:
Toreqez
hellhound1:
hiplop,
Thor665

Torqez:
shahrizai

Not Voting:
Awesoma,
hellhound1
, Scumhunter

Day Two Deadline(expired on 2011-07-26 19:00:00)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Neither Torqez nor Awesoma have posted in thread since their prods. Searching for replacements. If they post before I confirm replacement, they can stay.

Because I was late getting this rep done, there will probably be a slight deadline extenstion given when the game is full again.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

IC Blather

To...well, Hellhound, who is, I think, the only true Newbie left. Replace outs are a sad truth of the site - though they do tend to happen more often in Newbie games and more often in long games. There are some strategies revolving around long and short games which you can eventually explore - but just as a play consideration concept pay attention to how the replace outs are punishing this game and try to play accordingly in all your future games. I hate replace outs, and I have never had to be replaced (and barely ever prodded).

On a personal note, I do think this game is going "long" for a Newbie but without actually being functionally long - we're long, but not with valuable pages. In case you wonder why I poo-poo playstyles that keep talking about slowing stuff down in Newbie games I do point to situations like this.
Shahrizai
Shahrizai
Goon
Shahrizai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Shahrizai »

Thor:
Is "N/A" in reference to my not having a vote on anyone by the end of day yesterday? Because I would have had a vote on SOMEONE had I been given the opportunity to finish reading the game before the hammer was prematurely dropped. Also, why investigate Scumhunter after I flip town? Any particular reasons (other than the pile I'm about to put out here)?

Scumhunter:
In response to your question about Thor: he’s in the middle of my list, but I’m leaning more town on him than scum for several reasons. (Scum---->Town: Torquez, Scumhunter, Thor, Hellhound, Awesomea, Hiplop)

I'll be happy to point to interactions with Torqez that lead me to believe you're his buddy. But first, reasons you might be scum independently from Torquez:

. You said to me that you tend to think someone is town if they defend you, and you seem to be concerned that I’m not questioning Thor’s alignment even though he’s trying to get me lynched. With this in mind, I’ve been reexamining your play. In your ISO 6/Post 109, you ask Thor if he’s willing to be lynched if Cloud flips town, “Like instant lynched with no questions asked?” It’s D1; mislynching happens. Are you wondering the same thing today? Because if I’m lynched, I will flip town, and then Thor would have pushed two ML—was he scummier on D1 or D2? You seem to be more on the fence about his pushing a ML today, no vehement exclamations about him being insta-lynched after yesterday and all. From your ISO 7/Post 111
Scumhunter to Thor wrote: The fact that you are unwilling to even consider him possibly being town and are aggressively pushing for a lynch on a guy who has done next to nothing wrong is what makes you scum. You are too sure on him being scum for this to be legitimate scumhunting.
Is he not doing the same thing to me today? Why so quiet on the subject?

. To answer that, could it be you're lying low today to try to detract attention from the fact that you did a bad, bad thing by hammering too early yesterday and cut off the day before everyone was ready and there were still several actual days left and thus no rush? And that you hammered someone you had vehemently defended most of the day and felt bad about lynching (your words)?

. White-knighting Cloud early on (begins in ISOs 2/Post 100 and 3/Post 101); in your ISO 5/Post 105, you explain his behavior without giving him a chance to respond to Ninja’s comment, and then vehemently express what you think of Thor’s case, ending with an exclamation point. Finally, in that post, in which you express how much you are against this lynch, you put on a tin-foil hat and suggest they may be buddies who are distancing—giving no justification for this aside from this:
Scumhunter wrote: Just wanted to mention it so that if it turns out to be the case I can feel at least somewhat competent later.
This is classic: you-mafia set yourself up as avid opposing what you know would be a town lynch, but are opening a door that could lead to later mislynching if Cloud survives the day.

Later (ISO 34/Post 250) you switch your vote to DK after he comes along and votes for you after you had put so much effort into defending Cloud, basically saying this:
Scumhunter wrote:Omg, that same person actually IS scummy once they flake out and then they vote the person who was very activelydefending them because its an easy wagon!!! Still, no one seems to care D1 is ML day, lets lynch Scumhunter!!!! OMG!!!! He is probably the townie who cares the most about winning and will be a huge asset to us as the game goes on!!! Let's lynch him!!! That's smart!!! He dared to question a shitty tunneled case on page 5 when over the game wasn't contributing. OMG must be scum!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! His posts annoy me so lets lynch him!!! OMGOMGOMG!!! OMG I JUST READ HIM POSTING THIS AND IM LIKE OMG WHAT A TOWN TELL, but im too lazy to unvote omg. Its ML day and we will learn so much from his flip!!! <3 <3 <3
So much venom there. My read of this is that you thought that Cloud/DK would be so happy that you had defended his honor so well that he would never suspect you as scum, and when that fell through, you wanted him out of the game. In that post (not all of it is quoted), your tone is very angry, and you keep pointing out why things you are doing are town, as if you've read a script for being town and are following it accordingly, and that no one can question you because of that, even suggesting the only reason Thor is questioning you is because he's scum.

Another note: between your ISO 12 and 34, when the attention has shifted from Cloud to yourself, you slowly devolve from rational and logical posts into more ranting and angry posts. As Thor's attention shifts to you--and it is still early in the day--you began to panic and suddenly want someone to be quicklynched. You appeal to Cloud to rescue you for defending him and hint you might be losing faith in his townieness even as you also go after lurkers (Start/Swag) and express a desire to lynch Thor--anything to shift attention off yourself, but nothing substantial on anyone. ISO 20 is another great example of where you point out that you have done something to appear town, but again, still reading like you are following a script for being town and cuing the audience for reactions. You also repeatedly tell Thor you're no longer supporting his lynch, as if that should make him back off from you.

Also, your whole turnaround on Thor on D1 happened when he began to attack you, and seems to be BECAUSE he was attacking you, making me think you only backed off because you are afraid of him. You even consistently remind him you're no longer voting for him, which is really weird, like you know you've stepped on the big dog's porch and are just trying to get off that porch without being bitten.

Points for Torqez/Scum buddies:

Scum's ISO 48--asking Torqez to support his hiplop vote;
ISO 49: suggesting hiplop-scum would mean Torqez scum--the flipside being hiplop-town equals Torqez-town;
ISO 54: requests someone CC hiplop (and I'm still wondering if his disbelief that hiplop was the JK is what got Foilist killed--because scum thought he might be a PR who didn't want to outright CC);

Torquez: enters thread praising Scumhunter's brilliance (ISO 2); begins to back off when pressured (ISO 6); weakly attacks Scumhunter while under pressure (begins ISO 7, interesting response to hiplop in ISO 15; despite increasing "suspicion" for Scumhunter, does not vote or FoS him; comments to Scumhunter read more like coaching (ISO 7, 16-17); also, from ISO 9:
Torqez wrote:DeityKabuto, do you realise your role slot (previously cloudocean), was defended by Scumhunter pretty much? What are your reasons for voting him? Do you agree with Thor fully?
Using Scumhunter's logic that defense of town=town?
Yes my lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers...
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Shah, thank you for posting your suspicions. I mean you are wrong about me and I will do my best to answer all of your questions later this evening.

Here is what I will say in the few minutes I have right now. My venom post was pure frustration.

The reason I was asking Thor if he was willing to be instant lynched on day 1 when he was saying someone was "obv scum" is because generally when someone says someone is "obv scum" I take it at face value. I absolutely despise RVS and I am not a fan of the super hard core reaction testing based on shit cases, although I now attribute that as just a difference in play style between Thor and myself. He very well could be scum though and I need to spend more time on this game and soon.

I am a fan of getting reactions, but find it much more useful when its based on an actual case. Otherwise scum tells like overdefensiveness and OMGUS are nulltells due to the shitty case being presented.
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Though I submit overdefensiveness and OMGUS aren't scumtells ;)
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by hiplop »

OMGUS is usually town motivated, some exceptions obviously, but overall def not a scumtell.

Depends on the case i suppose
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I disagree that it's a towntell too - but I'm a disagreeable person.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by hiplop »

i guess when you're a thunder god you dont really have to agree with anyone..
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

Shaz's post makes sense; but hellhound still needs to die. The SH
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by hiplop »

case can be pretty much c/p'ed to hellhound
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Albert B. Rampage replaces Torqez. Thanks, Albert!

Still searching for an Awesoma replacement.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Never fear, rampage is here...

Will begin my epic read tomorrow set to this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MhAuETAAgA
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Where the song climaxes is where I find the scum
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

That is a sweet, if scary, upgrade. Now we just need to get Fate to replace Awesoma and this thread will be perfect.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

So as not to be prodded, bump.

Oh and @hiplop
hiplop wrote:
only thing i think i forgot to reply to, i just looked on your profile that day and it said you hadnt logged on since the night before...

It signs me out after i havent been on for a while, so most of the time im browsing the forum without being logged in, hence a 24 hour period where i could read the forum but wasnt logged in. I hope you arent actually using the fact i wasnt signed in as a scumtell.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:53 am

Post by hiplop »

I understand; its the discussion thing i care about, not signed in.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 am

Post by hiplop »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Never fear, rampage is here...

Will begin my epic read tomorrow set to this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MhAuETAAgA

your choice in scumhunting music makes me feel like a wimp..

heres mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQmEd_UeeIk&NR=1

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”