[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:07 am

Post by HezLucky »

tarson wrote:1. I see the game as a massive probability tree that branches at every role and every outcome possible. As scum then I begin with several of the most important branches already set. The aim is always to end up in the set of branches where the win condition is set, and it's easier to work out which set that is when you know the more of the set-up. Both are challenging but I currently prefer scum more because I enjoy trying to convince others to head down the paths that lead to my win condition over trying to work out which paths those are.

Yo I didn't read this. Too many words.

Wicked wrote:Can you elaborate/explain this please? Thanks.

Yonzy, why no random vote?

I have more to say in a few minutes.

Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.

Wicked wrote:Firstly, the point he uses against el simo seems really weak/invalid. I don't see how saying he's been town in all of his other games is meant to imply he's town this game. Secondly, there's no reason for him to add the phrase "It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but better than an RV." unless he's scum giving himself room to backpedal. Finally, he adds a jokey reason to his vote despite already having a serious reason. The vote feels off.

I agree, actually. HOWEVER, He may have a point as well. I agree that "the point used against el simo is weak/invalid", as I definitely would not even consider voting a person ont hat alone. HOWEVER, If ConfidAnon considers it a scumtell, and is using a similar system to me (remember my points system where I + and - people, then what el simo did should be good for +1, put el simo in the driver's seat and therefore be better than a random vote to him)

that and I totally got caught as scum once doing exactly what he's doing (voting for someone becaues they are a better-than-random vote on weak evidence) and don't really feel it's a fair scumtell.

But your vote on him looks good.

LobsterCatapult wrote: pedit: shit. ninjad by wicked

It took you 8 minutes to write that post? Are you sure?

Early FOS's: Yank, ConfidAnon
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:10 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

EBWOP: And if you did agree with ConfidAnon's point then your post 37 is strange because you don't say you agree with the point despite adding to it which would be IIoA.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

[quote="HezLucky']Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.[/quote]
Can this point be used against avasthearties who also answered my questions seriously?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

EBWOP:
HezLucky wrote:Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.

Can this point be used against avasthearties who also answered my questions seriously?
-Wickedestjr
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:19 am

Post by HezLucky »

Wickedestjr wrote:EBWOP:
HezLucky wrote:Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.

No, avasthehearties answered my "WHO WANTS PIE?" question, which satisfies the quota of randomness I'm looking for. He's also not trying at all to be useful.

YankCane is just cautious, period.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 am

Post by el simo »

HezLucky wrote:that and I totally got caught as scum once doing exactly what he's doing (voting for someone becaues they are a better-than-random vote on weak evidence) and don't really feel it's a fair scumtell.

So as scum you got caught doing something in attempts to appear protown, and this is convincing you he is townie or something??

I'm struggling to follow this line of thought.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Yonzy »

Wickedestjr wrote:

I didnt know RVS stage was still on lol
Vote: Kid Know Nothing

Wickedestjr wrote:I'm going to
Unvote. Vote: ConfidAnon
for this:
ConfidAnon wrote:
el simo wrote:Scum, I've been town every game on this account, it's getting fustrating.
By lining us up in a suspect line and getting an old lady to pick.

The first line seems a little off. It smells slightly like an off-handed comment to make us feel like simo is town using slight AtE. It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but it's a better than random vote.

Also, you'd seriously trust an old lady? Her eyesight is probably terrible!

UNVOTE: Horrible Hero
VOTE: el simo

Firstly, the point he uses against el simo seems really weak/invalid. I don't see how saying he's been town in all of his other games is meant to imply he's town this game. Secondly, there's no reason for him to add the phrase "It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but better than an RV." unless he's scum giving himself room to backpedal. Finally, he adds a jokey reason to his vote despite already having a serious reason. The vote feels off.

Imo it seemed liek a legit reason to vote El simo.. I would've done the same thing, and even if it wasn't, he had reason for his suspicion.. so there's really no need to vote him.

HezLucky wrote:
Yes I can. Most people in this game have had a little bit of fun and randomness to your answers, but YankCane seems to think he'll get town cred by answering them completely seriously. There's no attempt to joke around by him, meaning he likely sees it as a risk. Furthermore, his sentence "Regarding the Miller claim" adds nothing substantial to this game, while making it seem like he is doing some early analysis.

I'd think that if most people answered with fun and randomness, then he wouldnt really see an attempt to joke as risky.

btww im ignoring the small posts soo if my points are repetitive thats why.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Yonzy wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:

FoS: Yonzy
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

el simo, do you have any thoughts on the game currently? Do you suspect anybody?
-Wickedestjr
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Wickedestjr wrote:EBWOP: And if you did agree with ConfidAnon's point then your post 37 is strange because you don't say you agree with the point despite adding to it which would be IIoA.

I don't agree that simo is scummy because of that one post, so yes, I disagree.

---

Caution isn't always a scumtell, by the way.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

YankCane wrote:I don't agree that simo is scummy because of that one post, so yes, I disagree.

In that case:
Wickedestjr wrote:If you didn't agree with it, then your post 37 seems out of place.

...and my suspicion of you has strengthened. You didn't agree with ConfidAnon's suspicion of el simo, but still made a post adding on to or explaining ConfidAnon's point. That makes no sense if you're town.
-Wickedestjr
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by el simo »

Wickedestjr wrote:el simo, do you have any thoughts on the game currently? Do you suspect anybody?

My thought at the moment are centred on Hez. His reasonings seem to imply that he'd think Confid is scum, or scummy, but he dismisses it as it's not 'fair.'

Doesn't seem like town logic..

unvote, vote: HezLucky
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

HezLucky wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote: pedit: shit. ninjad by wicked

It took you 8 minutes to write that post? Are you sure?

Early FOS's: Yank, ConfidAnon

yup. i started the post, then did something else, then finished it.

checking in, ill post more tomorrow. i dont see the big deal of yank pointing that out to me he was being hypothetical.

lol yonzy.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by HezLucky »

el simo wrote:So as scum you got caught doing something in attempts to appear protown, and this is convincing you he is townie or something??

I'm saying that, in that particular game, they got lucky. I HAPPENED to be scum. I don't consider it a scumtell.

el simo wrote:My thought at the moment are centred on Hez. His reasonings seem to imply that he'd think Confid is scum, or scummy, but he dismisses it as it's not 'fair.'

Um, what? Explain that better, because the way you have it worded it is not at all what I am saying.

Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Yonzy »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Yonzy wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:

FoS: Yonzy

LOL..Sorry:(

LobsterCatapult wrote:

lol yonzy.

is this for the same reason as above? -.-

Wickedestjr wrote:
...and my suspicion of you has strengthened. You didn't agree with ConfidAnon's suspicion of el simo, but still made a post adding on to or explaining ConfidAnon's point. That makes no sense if you're town.

He could have made the point to pressure him more, maybe get more answers.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by el simo »

HezLucky wrote:
el simo wrote:So as scum you got caught doing something in attempts to appear protown, and this is convincing you he is townie or something??

I'm saying that, in that particular game, they got lucky. I HAPPENED to be scum. I don't consider it a scumtell.

el simo wrote:My thought at the moment are centred on Hez. His reasonings seem to imply that he'd think Confid is scum, or scummy, but he dismisses it as it's not 'fair.'

Um, what? Explain that better, because the way you have it worded it is not at all what I am saying.

When I read your post my understand was you got caught as scum voting someone for little next to nothing, to me this move by scum reads as trying to appear pro town, which I do consider a scum tell. I understood it as you saying this is scummy but I'm not going to vote him because I'm upset I got caught when I did it.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Wickedestjr wrote:
YankCane wrote:I don't agree that simo is scummy because of that one post, so yes, I disagree.

In that case:
Wickedestjr wrote:If you didn't agree with it, then your post 37 seems out of place.

Strengthened? Why don't you just vote me already instead of staying on a random vote? Certainly a good way to seem non-comittal regarding me, if you strengthened your leeriness of me from an FoS it should probably just be a vote.

I don't have to agree with him to explain it. That's like (incoming sports reference) someone who doesn't know about sports saying "What makes the Yankees the winningest team in baseball?" and a Sox fan going "Well, they have 27 titles". The two aren't related in my eyes nor were they when I said it.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by HezLucky »

el simo wrote:
HezLucky wrote:

When I read your post my understand was you got caught as scum voting someone for little next to nothing, to me this move by scum reads as trying to appear pro town, which I do consider a scum tell. I understood it as you saying this is scummy but I'm not going to vote him because I'm upset I got caught when I did it.

I'm not going to vote for him because I don't consider it a scumtell, even though others might. Hence, I understand why they would vote for him.

And if I'm not mistaken, you are voting me for "trying to appear protown". Fair enough. But let us get that first point straight.

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

And Wicked, why did you not call out Dizzy for not random voting?
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by el simo »

HezLucky wrote:
el simo wrote:
HezLucky wrote:

I'm not going to vote for him because I don't consider it a scumtell, even though others might. Hence, I understand why they would vote for him.

And if I'm not mistaken, you are voting me for "trying to appear protown". Fair enough. But let us get that first point straight.

Yes I'm aware of that now.

And no, I'm not.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by bobsnox »

Getting scumvibes from Yonzy, YankCane, and el simo. Still ok with my Lobster vote at the moment.
Horrifying Hero
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Horrifying Hero
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Horrifying Hero »

This game.

Way too easy.

Wicked, thanks for giving you one of your buddies. When you die, Yonzy's next.
Care to give us your third? :)
Hydra: Mastin/Lateralus22
Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

unvote, vote yonzy
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 am

Post by YankCane151 »

bobsnox wrote:Getting scumvibes from Yonzy, YankCane, and el simo. Still ok with my Lobster vote at the moment.

You too? You'd rather keep a random vote then vote who you have scumvibes on?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:27 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

el simo wrote:And what purpose would this specific AtE serve me, as hypothetical scum?

Trying to plant the idea of simo town in everyone's heads.

Wickedestjr wrote:Firstly, the point he uses against el simo seems really weak/invalid. I don't see how saying he's been town in all of his other games is meant to imply he's town this game. Secondly, there's no reason for him to add the phrase "It's not a lynch-worthy case at this point, but better than an RV." unless he's scum giving himself room to backpedal. Finally, he adds a jokey reason to his vote despite already having a serious reason. The vote feels off.

He didn't say "all my other games." He said "every game." Which could be a subtle attempt to reinforce that he's town in this game.

Like I said earlier though, it's not the strongest case but it's better than a random vote. How on earth is that phrase scummy? That's not giving myself room to backpedal - it's clarifying that some votes have more weight behind them than others. If I advocate a lynch at any point in the game, I'll clearly state that. If I don't, I won't (barring looking for reactions and that sort of thing).

And how is joking scummy? It was just that . . . a joke. Since when are jokes a scumtell?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”