Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2775 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

huh? I know hero is not cult recruited, but i'm not sure if it works the other way around. Again, as of today, he is not cult recruited.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Conspiracy is not culted.

DGB scrambling to throw town reads on players in the hope that by her WKing them, they'll vote with her.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Darox »

So I guess I'll claim, because why the hell not.

I'm a protective role.
But not no boring doctor, oh no. That would be far too simple and straight forward.

I am a great big manly man, and I have taken it in my head to protect my fellow citizens by stalking them. If I see any danger, I leap out and give the aggressor a sound thumping, protecting my ward. My ability works the same way if I am targeted directly, and possibly if anyone else in the same location as my target is attacked.

HOWEVER. There is a clause in my role that suggests that certain conditions on the part of my target will make my stalking less than subtle, which may alert either my target or any aggressors, and/or do... something. I'm not sure, the aggressor could decide to back off instead of attack, my target might evade my protection, it's not clear and probably depends on the roles involved.

Those targets again, for those losing their memory
N1: DGB
N2: Herodotus
N3: Herodotus
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by populartajo »

lolno

Confirm vote: Darox
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

What is lolno Tajo?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mod: V/LA has come up. I will be gone from July 19th to July 23rd. Sorry if this is inconvenient.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by populartajo »

Tanarin D1 wrote:@Drippinggoofball: I am not liking how you are refusing to listen to the stumps altogether.

Tanarin D1 wrote:She already fits the active part by the way she is acting now, but if she also tends to get overlooked due to her mad ramblings D1, she could be a D1 recruit target. Personally, I think we should look at DGB at least a little before D1 is out.
Call me Tajo.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Darox »

So... the idea is that I'm lying about targeting DGB N1 to... do what exactly?
I don't see how that could possibly benefit me as cult. Or benefit DGB as cult. Or some third person who I am apparently protecting by fakeclaiming DGB in their place.

But then, I don't expect coherent responses from you.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Darox

I was willing to overlook the game change to disinterest due to the replacement, but I do not believe his recent claim. Tajo's point about why Tan would target to PROTECT someone he found suspicious makes me trust it less. Also the fact that the role is essentially "Jailkeeper that sometimes doesn't work" makes the role too weak (along with giving him a built in excuse for why someone successfully targetting DGB/hero wasn't stopped).
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Darox »

Unless Herodotus chimes in otherwise, I don't block my targets at all.

I'm not a Jailkeeper. All I do is prevent violence. All non violent acts would still proceed normally.

Considering I can protect not only one target, but also everyone in the same location, I'd think the role was overpowered if it wasn't for culting.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Darox »

P.S. If I was a jailkeeper why the fuck would I block the claimed cop 2 nights in a row and why the fuck would I tell everyone about it if I was culted.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Battousai »

I said jailkeeper but meant alien. I get those switched. You are basically an Alien that sometimes works (at least alien is closest to that role). Though further reading it seems you have clarified it to a doc since you don't negate other abilities.

I still don't see why Tan would protect DGB, who he suspected. I think you slipped up there when faking results.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by Darox »

So, I read up on the game, get a complete handle on it in time to protect Herodotus again N3, then decide to go "whoops, I'll ignore everything I read and fake claim that I targeted DGB N1"?

He's a fun test for you: Try reading Tanarin's remarks D3. It won't take long.
Now, try reading my remarks regarding DGB and my claiming of my N1 targeting. Then, read my remarks regarding Tanarin's suspicion of DGB.

Try to piece together the missing links.

I'll be sitting with a smug self satisfied look on my face right over here. I'll even help you colour within the lines if you have trouble, just say the word.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Darox »

P.S. For extra credit, try to answer the same questions I asked Tajo above.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Battousai »

Just spell it out, otherwise I don't know what your defense is. Only thing I saw is that DGB asked for cult doc. You did not claim cult doc, so I really don't see anything that proves why Tan would protect DGB N1.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by Battousai »

And post 2787 is just lulzy. Why would town do that? They wouldn't, that is why we think you are fucking scum not town fakeclaiming for the fun of it.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by Darox »

Nope, I'm not a cult doctor, and neither was Tanarin.

But DGB asks for protection for her grand schemes, and Tanarin decides to go for it, possibly because he's never been burned by the goofball. He's not a cult doctor, but he's somewhere down the line of next best things, and it's not like he's got anyone else pressing for his attention. This is not an ability you throw around for the hell of it. Hell, if I didn't see that Herodotus claimed cop, I would have chosen no action. But he goes for DGB because she looks like she's got a whole family of aces embezzled in her sleeve and Tanarin likes to live dangerously. The protection goes fine, nothing happens, and D2 begins.
Tanarin - Day 2 wrote:I dunno why you are voting DGB, after re-reading her, he is just being eccentric, but not scummy.
Tanarin - Day 2 wrote:I am really not liking how many opportunistic votes have gone on DGB. I would like to hear some reasons out of ooba and tajo as to why they think she is scum. And none of this secret scum tell BS.

And then Herodotus swoops in while DGB comes up empty handed. Day 3 begins, and now Tanarin is a bit upset with DGB's performance.
Tanarin -Day 3 wrote:DGB, you have yet to explain why you asked for cult docs back on D1 and yet claimed unrecrutible later on. If you are unrecrutible, why ATTEMPT to distract the cult docs.

It's almost as if there is a completely logical and sound line of thinking that led Tanarin to his actions and that I've known about it since I finished reading on N3. As evidenced by my commenting on it several times and the attempts at coy bullshit where I used DGB as a sounding board to try and glean more information about the workings of my role.

Holy shit this line of questioning is so bad, you should be ashamed of yourselves for ever thinking it was good.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Battousai wrote:CS- "This piece of gold shows that you weren't trying to bust Cobblerfone in his unrecruitable fake-claim. Because if you were, you wouldn't have asked this flavour as you couldn't do anything with it. I see no town reason to have all the flavour in the open." In reply to bv wanting flavor on XVART.

Let's try it again.
1. Bvoigt asks for Cobblerfone's flavour "to bust him" as he says.
2. Bvoigt asks you for your flavour for your govern ability
that you do not have
. However we didn't know that back then.
3. If he just wanted to bust Cobblerfone, he wouldn't ask you for your flavour. Right now he clearly wants flavour to be out in the open.
bvoigt wrote:CS: Bunnylover and Zdenek are just two examples. Dry-fit and Chronopie flipped town already. It's true that Katsuki lurked, but IIRC, he wasn't recruited until later in the game. And Porochaz was one of the most active players. I don't see how you can say that (what you consider) lurking is a scumtell when there are a number of townies who have lurked.

I was trying to catch Battousai in a lie the same way I probably did with Cobbler. How does it benefit scum to have flavor in the open when everyone except the cult recruiters starts with a town role PM?

We were in serious danger of a no lynch, and with my switch, the Chrono wagon had 2 more than the xvart wagon. I strongly disagree that a lynch was unnecessary, but whatever.

In that second post you linked, what makes ooba's response to DGB scummy?

So? At that point there were just 2 scum-recruits. At least that's most likely. We don't know at the moment who was recruited first, do we? Kats lurked badly. From the activity scale it seems like Poro lurked badly, but you should read his ISO. One-liners are not posts and kabam! He suddenly has less posts than you.
Having unrecruitable flavour out in the open? You don't see any benefit? That's laughable.
Every flavour scum has, means another out in fakeclaims. And what is town's benefits in knowing Batt's govern flavour? Most likely there isn't any other governor, so no busting possible.
Agree to disagree on the lynch. Anyways, I still see it as a scummy move.
Not scummy, but bad reasoning.
bvoigt wrote:Where?

This.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Conspiracy is not culted.

DGB scrambling to throw town reads on players in the hope that by her WKing them, they'll vote with her.

Lol, obviously she hasn't played with me before.

Darox claim is scumtastic.
Lawl, doc if necessary and RB if necessary. I wonder how we are ever going to confirm that.
@everyone
, Out of the players that already hinted that they have a PR (Seraphim/Ludi/Yos/Ooba/and a couple others) - Anyone of you has such a non-normal claim?
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 am

Post by Darox »

ConSpiracy wrote:
Battousai wrote:CS- "This piece of gold shows that you weren't trying to bust Cobblerfone in his unrecruitable fake-claim. Because if you were, you wouldn't have asked this flavour as you couldn't do anything with it. I see no town reason to have all the flavour in the open." In reply to bv wanting flavor on XVART.

Let's try it again.
1. Bvoigt asks for Cobblerfone's flavour "to bust him" as he says.
2. Bvoigt asks you for your flavour for your govern ability
that you do not have
. However we didn't know that back then.
3. If he just wanted to bust Cobblerfone, he wouldn't ask you for your flavour. Right now he clearly wants flavour to be out in the open.

Or he thinks both of them are suspicious and wants to bust both of them?
Just saying, your point is kinda bad.

ConSpiracy wrote:Lawl, doc if necessary and RB if necessary. I wonder how we are ever going to confirm that.
Well, let's see, probably by my targets saying "I got roleblocked" and me going 'fuck whoops', or by my protection activating, which is a very loud and messy affair and which EVERYONE will know about? I mean, I guess if I unknowingly roleblocked someone who was trying to kill the claimed cop, they would keep quiet about it and I would stay unconfirmed, but I'm not really worried about that.

Again, just saying.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Darox »

P.S. I'm not even sure that I can roleblock anyone, it's an addition line tagged onto my ability with a conditional clause that basically states that in some cases I can't be 100% stealthy and might be spotted, with whatever that entails.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Darox wrote:Or he thinks both of them are suspicious and wants to bust both of them?
Just saying, your point is kinda bad.

Lawl, as if he could bust flavour for a governor ability. Nope, unless he governs someone in his next post.
Darox wrote:P.S. I'm not even sure that I can roleblock anyone, it's an addition line tagged onto my ability with a conditional clause that basically states that in some cases I can't be 100% stealthy and might be spotted, with whatever that entails.

Claim is getting better and better...

I am finishing my read, day 3 is now.

And I actually thought about Hero claiming innocents. They are worth nill the night after he got them. I think he should claim his innocents and we can treat those for conf. town for a day. And if Hero is culted (odds are high) than we have a nice lead to search for. (WIFOM!)
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Darox »

I stated that in my opening post.

L2R please.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:22 am

Post by populartajo »

THIS CLAIM IS FCKING BS

Daronx wrote:But he goes for DGB because she looks like she's got a whole family of aces embezzled in her sleeve and Tanarin likes to live dangerously.

LOLNO

Fact is Darox didnt trust DGB day 1. I dont see a specially with

In fact, that change of stance from day 1 to day 2 is scummy as hell.
Call me Tajo.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I received no hint of being targeted Night 1 - no hint of anything at all.

However, it's not impossible that Kinetic tried to recruit me Night 1, and failed on account of Tanarin's/Darox's action. Maybe that's why Kinetic went ballistic Day 1.

Kinetic was singing my praises to high heaven on Day 1. Day 2 he wanted me dead.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:39 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I believe Darox's claim.

Doesn't mean he's not culted, but I believe the claim.

If Kinetic tried to recruit me and failed Night 1 (I believe there was a N0), thus thinking I was an ABR recruit, then he didn't recruit Tanarin/Darox on that particular night.

On Day 2, Tanarin was under a lot of suspicion, which made him a less than ideal recruit later.

Can we kill tajo, please?

He's as cult as Katsuki was.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”