Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:28 am

Post by Fritzler »

Twomz wrote:No, Elvis Knits is the court Bitch, Dranko is the court jester, and i'm pretending to be a jester, because Dranko's not very good at his job.

(no offense intended EK)
no, elvis is my personnel bitch

nooch
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:30 am

Post by Fritzler »

Twomz wrote:(no offense intended EK)
She's a bitch (i mean that as a derogatory term towards women), who cares how she feels and wether or not she's offended?
Surfs up dude.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:42 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Thok wrote:I'm going to
vote N_lich, mysterymeatofdoom, and broomhead.
These are three of the four living people who voted RA after he claimed vanilla but before he claimed "possibly not vanilla"; that's the time period where I think scum would jump on RA's bandwagon but town wouldn't.
Okay, now that I found his reasoning for voting n_lich, I tend to agree with it, although I haven't really found anything else that distinguishes him as scummy.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:36 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Fritz: I meant it more as a joke, saying that i wasn't trying to offend her, but not mentioning not offending Dranko... w/e

@ Thok and Amelia: I understand what y'all are saying, but i'm sure they all can't be mafia... that'd just be careless play on the mafias part. That may be a good line of thought to follow for today though.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:53 am

Post by Ameliaslay »

Perhaps then, the ones to look at would be the ones who excited attention otherwise for other scummy play.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:56 am

Post by Fritzler »

Ameliaslay wrote:
Thok wrote:I'm going to
vote N_lich, mysterymeatofdoom, and broomhead.
These are three of the four living people who voted RA after he claimed vanilla but before he claimed "possibly not vanilla"; that's the time period where I think scum would jump on RA's bandwagon but town wouldn't.
Okay, now that I found his reasoning for voting n_lich, I tend to agree with it, although I haven't really found anything else that distinguishes him as scummy.
If anything I'd say n lich is a GG
Surfs up dude.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Fritzler wrote:
Twomz wrote:No, Elvis Knits is the court Bitch, Dranko is the court jester, and i'm pretending to be a jester, because Dranko's not very good at his job.

(no offense intended EK)

nooch
No offense taken.

P.S. Fritzler likes it when I tie him up.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:53 am

Post by Fritzler »

elvis_knits wrote:
Fritzler wrote:

(no offense intended EK)

nooch
No offense taken.

P.S. Fritzler likes it when I tie him up.
I told you about that?

Damn i didn't remember telling you that story.
Surfs up dude.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:55 am

Post by Thok »

My other reasons for focusing on n_lich are that he hasn't really said much, and there was that scum tell that Fuldu noticed yesterday (using assassins rather than scum).

None of these are strong scum tells, but there are a nontrivial number of them.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

This is the post where N_lich votes RA:
N_lich wrote:
vote:RandomActs

I don't like the premature claim.
While I buy Thok's reasoning that townies wouldn't normally pile on a bandwagon after a claim, I think it is important to note WHY N_lich voted for RA. I remember that RA's claim was VERY early and most people were unhappy with such an early claim. N_lich may have been one of the only ones to vote RA for it, but it seems like a pretty good reason to me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:42 am

Post by Glork »

In all fairness, N_Lich hasn't said much of anything anywhere. Perhaps he needs a modprod and/or replacement?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Shamrock »

N_lich is just a lurker/dormant, it seems.

Why is saying "assassins" instead of "scum" a scum tell?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:47 am

Post by Thok »

Fuldu wrote:If you want to be looking at potential slips of the tongue regarding what people have said, look at n_lich's post. Even though it's in the opening posts and whatall, his identification of the villains as "assassins" rather than "scum" like everybody else moves him up the list, in my book. Regardless of how deliberately and obviously the mod describes the scum, pro-town players are far more likely to identify them generically (as everyone else has, so far as I can see), whereas scum tend to self-identify (internally, obviously not publicly) with the descriptive term the mod uses, and are thus more likely to be the ones that use it when talking about 'the bad guys'.

It's not a strong indicator, since, as I said, all the information is right there in several of the mod's first posts, as well as in everyone's role PMs. But it's the sort of distinct usage that's more likely to be used by scum than town.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:06 am

Post by Fuldu »

And, further, here:
Fuldu wrote:Players know what's in the role PMs, but you, I, and everyone but N_lich, simply refer to the assassins as "scum." People outside the group are less likely to care or even think about what the name assigned to scum is (unless it's thematically important which, in a Normal, it almost never is). But self-identification is a powerful psychological force that affects how people think about groups depending on whether their inside them or outside them. Players inside a group are more likely to think of themselves by the descriptive term, in this case "assassin." Players outside the group are less invested in the group identity and are more likely to think of the group generically, in this case "scum." Because of that, and because N_lich was the only player to do so (and that a full day into the game, creating some distance between the front page and his post), I think it's more likely that he's scum.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:57 am

Post by Glork »

Alright, this day seems to be dragging on long enough. There seem to be two main suspects right now.

*Puts
Broomhead
and
N_Lich
on the official Execution List*

I personally, would rather execute Broomhead. He has more votes, has been scummier in my eyes, and N_Lich may just be inactive right now. Any objections before I drop the Glorkhammah?

(I'd also like to point out that I referred to the mafia as "assassins" before N_Lich even did. Nobody seemed to have caught it, but the fact that I'm a mason should show that it's not necessarily a scumtell in any way, shape, or form.)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:*Puts
Broomhead
and
N_Lich
I would definitely prefer broomhead there. I don't think n-lich should be nailed.
Surfs up dude.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:03 am

Post by Glork »

Also, IGMEOY still, Fritz.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:33 am

Post by Fuldu »

Glork wrote:(I'd also like to point out that I referred to the mafia as "assassins" before N_Lich even did. Nobody seemed to have caught it, but the fact that I'm a mason should show that it's not necessarily a scumtell in any way, shape, or form.)
I did miss it, but I stand by my argument that it's a scumtell. "Not necessarily" is just in the nature of tells. Not everyone who does something is definitely scum, but having done so can still make a person more likely to be scum.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:27 am

Post by VitaminR »

Fuldu wrote:
Glork wrote:(I'd also like to point out that I referred to the mafia as "assassins" before N_Lich even did. Nobody seemed to have caught it, but the fact that I'm a mason should show that it's not necessarily a scumtell in any way, shape, or form.)
I did miss it, but I stand by my argument that it's a scumtell. "Not necessarily" is just in the nature of tells. Not everyone who does something is definitely scum, but having done so can still make a person more likely to be scum.
I don't like this reasoning at all. Feels like stretching it to make it fit rather than using Glork's point subjectively. In other games, I have seen nothing but sound reasoning from Fuldu and this stands out for me.

Vote: Fuldu

I do feel that N_lich's play has been unproductive, but it is not enough to warrant a vote from me at this point. His RA vote does not stand out for me.

I am not sold on the Broomhead wagon, but I think there is sufficient reasoning behind it. His vig comment was strange and his MMOD vote based on Alexander's suspicions was completely unwarranted.

Vote: Broomhead
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:Alright, this day seems to be dragging on long enough. There seem to be two main suspects right now.

*Puts
Broomhead
and
N_Lich

I personally, would rather execute Broomhead. He has more votes, has been scummier in my eyes, and N_Lich may just be inactive right now. Any objections before I drop the Glorkhammah?
Well, I'd rather Broomhead be given another chance to either claim or to at least try to defend himself first. He's done some suspicious things, and if we had to lynch someone right now it'd probably be him, but there's no rush.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Personally I'd rather have Broomhead executed, but that's retaliatorical. I'd have to reread sometime tonight or tomorrow night (driver's ed at day, damn).
Buy mystery meat.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 am

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:Also, IGMEOY still, Fritz.
:hey:
Surfs up dude.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:45 am

Post by elvis_knits »

VitaminR wrote:
Fuldu wrote:
I don't like this reasoning at all. Feels like stretching it to make it fit rather than using Glork's point subjectively. In other games, I have seen nothing but sound reasoning from Fuldu and this stands out for me.

Vote: Fuldu
Fuldu's just saying that "tell" doesn't mean it's 100% accurate.

I don't understand why you'd vote him for this.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 am

Post by broomhead »

well i didn't want to say this, but glork, please don't kill me, i know you're innocent and that's why i really don't want you to
try
and kill me if you know what i mean. what my main plan was to create subtle suspicion about myself until a king that i thought was scum was elected, then i would start acting really bad and see if i could get a lynch on me to backfire on a scum. i guess my plan backfired because i "layed it on too thick" instead of creating a little suspision. i'll start acting more town now that everyone knows my role.
BAMB!
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Shamrock »

That's an interesting way to play that role, I hadn't thought of that.

Obviously we don't want to kill broomhead, in that case (unless someone counterclaims).
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”