Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by glowball »

Hiraki wrote:see.

easy does it.

I am confused, but I don't even care anymore.

Onward... no more votes for kendall. I could get behind a DonJosh wagon...
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

I think that was in response to me. :3

Yes, join me on the DJ wagon.
Oyatsu Nuki
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
DonJosh wrote:VOTE: kendall

REALLY don't like the "buddying up" thing.
Also, she's distancing herself from EVERYONE. Not very town-like at all.
Also don't like the "Mafia are after me" thing.

So? How does you not liking the buddying thing, make her scum?
How the hell is she distancing from everyone? This is quite reaching. Because of this very point, you are super scummy.
Null tell.

Actually, kendall even said herself that she is distancing herself from everyone.

Flavour Analysis wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:
k e n d a l l wrote:why did you feel it necessary to announce in thread that you agree with me?

NanookTheWolf wrote:As for feeling necessary to announce in thread that I agreed with a point

Sounds like they are implying they have out-of-thread communication.

k e n d a l l wrote:i'm going to make it known in thread that they are doing it.

There it is again.

k e n d a l l wrote:
i guarantee that the mafia want me dead right now.

Scum say this too, so that is just WIFOM.

k e n d a l l wrote:also, yes, i am distancing myself from nanook and flavour, as well as everyone else in this game; i don't trust anyone. it is day one, the only person i trust is myself.

If you are distancing yourself from
everoyone
, why do you feel the need to single out Nanook and Flavour?

Long story short, kendall(not putting in all the spaces) has spent too much time looking active and not enough time reading his own posts to see himself telling us that he is scum.

Vote: kendall

Ninty, your post seems like you are trying to dig up the dirt on Kendall to mispaint her as scum, and also seems like you are trying to make your vote
SEEM
justified. It isn't. You are reaching. She has POINTED out the instances she FELT Me and Nanook were buddying to her, but no one else has in her POV, at that time. Her saying she would distance herself from everyone is a null tell.

So, explain further how her 'distancing from everyone' makes her scum? Btw, you are my second suspect.

No, I'm trying to get scum lynched. If you don't want to vote for her, then don't your choice.
Wait, ddin't you just say "How the hell is she distancing from everyone?" And now you are asking me about her 'distancing from everyone'?
Yeah, I'm not buying the suspect bit either, you had me as null-town earlier. Earlier today, in fact. Bullshit I am your second suspect.

Flavour Analysis wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:

k e n d a l l wrote:if i get to L1, someone back out until i'm on.

Oh, sure, that will
definitely
happen.

Dear god what is this. Ninty, explain what you meant by this.[/spoiler]

I mean if it comes to the point where kendall is at L-1 I'm not going to be the one to unvote. Why should scum get wiggle room?
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by diddin »

Flavour Analysis wrote:Because no one is pressuring my second suspect.

Question to Kendall
:

Why should I vote my top suspect, and not my second or third suspect?
What was your thoughts on tunneling again?

Terrible, terrible. Why would you vote someone you're less sure is scum than someone else. ESPECIALLY since the Umbrage wagon seems unpopular at this point. My theory is you're scum with bobsnox who doesn't want to bus but still suspects your partner for cred.

And I'm satisfying my own posting criteria that I have set and this game has been going for like what, three days? Yeah, don't badger people for not spamming the thread. Christ.

Silver1337 wrote:I think bobsnox = Jester, actually. Look, he's simply posting dumb things.

no you're wrong

Hey kendall, I and many others would appreciate it if you use capital letters.

Hiraki there's no need to be an asshole this game.

unvote, Vote: Flavour Analysis

Kendall wagon is bad. I just honestly don't see anything terribly bad she's doing other than annoyingly not using capitalization. From my experiences, noobscum like to lurk, stay under the radar, and draw as little suspicion to themselves as possible. Kendall is doing none of those things.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I have already answered that question. I am not scum, but you voting me for connections is bad on D1. You haven't said anything else about my play, nor do you seem to care. You only stated about me asking for people to post.

And I will tell people to post if needed. It was simply a reminder, so deal with it.
Oyatsu Nuki
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by diddin »

Flavour Analysis wrote:I have already answered that question. I am not scum, but you voting me for connections is bad on D1. You haven't said anything else about my play, nor do you seem to care. You only stated about me asking for people to post.

And I will tell people to post if needed. It was simply a reminder, so deal with it.

No, I'm voting you for the scum logic behind voting your number 2 suspect.

Your telling people to post after a game has been going for THREE DAYS is asinine backseat moderating and probably you attempting to buy town cred, so deal with it.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Ninty
:

1. I didn't notice her post saying that until after I wrote that, but that doesn't matter. What matters is: How does that make her scum?
2. I had you as null-town, but it was a weak read. I'll pull up the reasoning now:

Ninty: At first he seemed a bit anti-town, but I like his play, mostly because of his mentioned suspicion of Bob and beck (Which I didn’t expect).
I’ll put him to null-town because he has only expressed suspicion of popular topics (Bob, Beck) and not others.

See that last line? Your suspicions on Bob and Beck came out of no where, but I liked that you did that. That's IT. People have already expressed suspicion about them, so this was in no way original content.

Then, your vote on Kendall was very scummy. So my read on you changed.
3. But she said only to wait for her to GET ON, to essentially defend herself/claim. Get it?
Oyatsu Nuki
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

just got back and read up,

i'm wiped from moving shit, and i'll post my thoughts tomorrow.

also, fuck capital letters
also, goodnight
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:34 pm

@
Diddin
:

No, there was no scum logic. You don't have to always vote for your top suspect. >_> Stop being dumb please.

I don't do that to seem town. Stop bitching because I told you to post some damn content. Gotta make scum talk. AND I WILL DEAL WITH IT, BY CONTINUING TO PROD PEOPLE TO POST WHEN NEEDED.
Oyatsu Nuki
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Ninty
:

1. I didn't notice her post saying that until after I wrote that, but that doesn't matter. What matters is: How does that make her scum?
2. I had you as null-town, but it was a weak read. I'll pull up the reasoning now:

Ninty: At first he seemed a bit anti-town, but I like his play, mostly because of his mentioned suspicion of Bob and beck (Which I didn’t expect).
I’ll put him to null-town because he has only expressed suspicion of popular topics (Bob, Beck) and not others.

See that last line? Your suspicions on Bob and Beck came out of no where, but I liked that you did that. That's IT. People have already expressed suspicion about them, so this was in no way original content.

Then, your vote on Kendall was very scummy. So my read on you changed.
3. But she said only to wait for her to GET ON, to essentially defend herself/claim. Get it?

So, while I was suspecting players that others had already talked about having suspicions on, you had me as a null-town. But when I decide to do my own thing, I'm scum? Do you hear yourself? That's like saying I'm not scum for sheeping a wagon, but I am scum for being the first vote on someone.
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Flavour Analysis wrote:AND I WILL DEAL WITH IT, BY CONTINUING TO PROD PEOPLE TO POST WHEN NEEDED.

I'm pretty sure the mod is supposed to prod people, so stop the micromanagement and play the game.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:40 pm

1. You didn't give original content at that point. You weren't the first on Kendall's wagon. Others have expressed dislike of her. Your REASONING WAS BAD, AND SCUMMY.

No, I will not stop. I am playing the game. It doesn't hurt anyone.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

@
Ninty
:

How does that make her scum?
Oyatsu Nuki
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Flavour Analysis wrote:1. You didn't give original content at that point. You weren't the first on Kendall's wagon. Others have expressed dislike of her. Your REASONING WAS BAD, AND SCUMMY.

No, I will not stop. I am playing the game. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Never said I was the first, that was an example. Continue to think what you want, I'll continue to think kendell is scum.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Can you answer the question though?
Oyatsu Nuki
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by diddin »

Flavour Analysis wrote:@
Diddin
:

No, there was no scum logic. You don't have to always vote for your top suspect. >_> Stop being dumb please.

I don't do that to seem town. Stop bitching because I told you to post some damn content. Gotta make scum talk. AND I WILL DEAL WITH IT, BY CONTINUING TO PROD PEOPLE TO POST WHEN NEEDED.

I'm busy. I'm not on the computer 24/7 and am even MORE busy since Band Camp has started. If posting once a day isn't enough for you, then you have serious problems when I start school again.

The logic thing, let's put it into probability terms. Let's say you're betting on the chance two events would happen.

Event A has an 85% chance of happening.
Event B has a 60% chance of happening.

Why would you ever bet on B happening if A has a better chance of happening if there's equal reward (a scum flip)? Your attempt to sling mud on me by calling me stupid is also noted.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Flavour Analysis wrote:Can you answer the question though?

I'm serious if you ask the same question again and remind me of what you said TWO minutes ago again I'm not going to answer you. By the time I post you have posted again asking the same question so just chill.

I've already said why she is scum, go back and read. I'm tired of this.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Diddin
:

Again, it was simply a reminder. There were some people who haven't even posted, and that's all I can do regarding dealing with those people. I then put italics with others I would like to see more from, I know everyone has lives, so do I. It's not like I was badgering you more than once. You should also know that with this many newbs, there might be more lurkers than usual, so it is good to set an example.

Because again, Bob has already gained much attention. I noticed Umbrage's second post while typing up my reads, and I wanted to pressure HIM for that, even though I felt Bob was scummier. I only have one vote.

I did that to see what reasoning you'd reply with, you didn't seem to give much reason and I didn't like it.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Ninty
: You DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. how does her 'distancing' from everyone, MAKE HER SCUM?
Oyatsu Nuki
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Ninty
: You DIDN'T ANSWER MY QUESTION. how does her 'distancing' from everyone, MAKE HER SCUM?

Why would anyone want to distance themselves from anyone, let alone EVERYONE? Distancing is a scum tactic, one used all too often.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 pm

I think she meant that she would keep her distance from everyone because she can only trust herself. This can come from a paranoid townie, usually newb.

I would also like for you to point out each post where she has distanced on a person, that had scum motivation.
Oyatsu Nuki
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

Good Lord Jesus Christ, this town is moving super fast.

I hope the activity is like this all game. <3

I've only skimmed up to page 7 so far, but while you're waiting I see no reason not to answer the popular questions.

FAnalysis pretty much hit it on the nose; there are a lot of 2011 join dates for a game this size, so really I just wanted to see a) how many would put up a fight to answer them (generally a towntell in my experience) b) how many would use an entire post dedicated to answering RQS questions (a null-tell by itself, but helps me if the player fluffs later), and c) I wanted to ask the whole audience questions on top of the personalized questions that are also in the post.

I'm on and joined the Beckwagon because I read the page or two that was Toy Story Mafia, saw that there were already three votes on Beck, and decided to sheep because RVSwagons (much like RQS) leads us out of RVS with more results than just sitting on our hands and waiting for something scummy to happen.

Whoever asked, I asked Bob the question because there was angst between the two in the sign-up thread as well as the RVS of this game. I just wanted to gauge his response as to whether or not it was going to spill into this game as well. Silly personal beefs are silly.

/catchingup
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 pm

July head catching up.

chkflip wrote:They have a purpose; please answer them.

1] Why did you decide to give mafiascum a try?
My boyfriend and hydra partner, Ran, brought me here from another forum.

2] How do you react to people attacking you?
It depends. If their reasons are stupid then I can get aggressive, but if they seem like they are genuinely scumhunting then I usually handle it calmly.

3] What will you be known for in this game?
Walls of posts full of quotes, and catching up.

4] What is your time zone?
EST

5] How frequently can we expect you to post?
Probably only every two to three days for a while, I have a lot to do and only a month before college starts up again to do it. Ran's activity more than makes up for that though.

Idc if people don't want to answer the questions but really beating up on these questions are not going to get you anywhere. I actually like random questions rather than random voting because trying to get out of RVS gets super sketchy, people have "real" votes in RVS and some people use RVS as an excuse for voting once its well over, so this is no worse.

k e n d a l l wrote:
Flavour Analysis wrote:
About Chkflip's questions
: I answered those questions because the info can be useful to town. Mafia already have info (They know who is town) so withholding info because the person asking may be mafia is a bad idea and hurts the town. If you think the person asking is mafia, you push a case and try to get them lynched.

Questions to Kendall
:

What is your read on Chkflip? Nanook? Umbrage?
Did you think the answers benefited the town, or hurt it?

i don't like that chkflip asked the town to answer questions. while it did stimulate discussion, those questions potentially serve many anti-town purposes. a good example is when beck used the question "
What will you be known for in this game?
" to open the door to essentially say "
expect me to be scummy on accident, it's my playstyle.
" basically, giving the mafia an early chance to manipulate town subconscious.

now, whether or not beck's intention was mafia agenda is to be determined, but it's an example of one scenario.

not to mention it clogged up several pages with long, pointless answers for the most part. i'm curious as to why people blindly followed, rather than stopping to ask themselves what chk's "
purpose
" was in the first place.

i'm still waiting on nanook's answer about his vote on beck. i pointed out a contradiction, and it's unsettling.

umbrage's vote on me was scummy, for the aforementioned reasons i pointed out. whether that is because he is mafia, or a noob player/retarded is yet to be determined.

Do you realize that there is no one you have addressed that you do not find "suspicious", "unsettling" or "scummy"? By doing that you create a whole lot of doubt and suspicion around so many players that you are basically handing mafia easy mislynches by pointing out everyone's flaws that can easily be exploited. Your play style is also paranoid, and its full of assumptions, like that people don't look at motivation before answering.

Also, wrt our choice in voting: that's our choice, if we find more than one person null/scummy I assure you we have a reason for our vote. No one is near a lynch yet and no one should be this early into the Day phase so our vote doesn't have to be on our top scum pick atm, and we are obviously still working on our reads.

k e n d a l l wrote:
@Umbrage

we have established that i'm agressive. that's my playstyle.
i have yet to be "called out." your vote is a logical fallacy. i do play by making my opinions known. i like to make it known who i think is scummy, and what they did to make me think that. why? because it's in the best interest of the town to call people out on their suspicious behavior. how can you skew this into anti-town behavior? and why?

bobsnox

hmm, where to start in this analysis.

first,

Beck (5)- diddin,
bobsnox
, glowball, chkflip, NanookTheWolf,

first, you bandwagon onto Beck.
now, you jump bandwagons to me because i am

bobsnox wrote:

trying too hard

so, let me get this straight:

you are voting for me because i am trying too hard to be pro-town.
how is someone exemplifying extreme pro-town behavior your first suspect to be mafia?
that, in itself, is a logical fallacy.

you also failed to answer my earlier question:

k e n d a l l wrote:
bobsnox wrote: I'm on it because I want him to die <_<

explain why you want a possible townie dead so early in day one
that's not pro-town behavior in any way; i'm tempted to switch my vote to you already.

i would like for the town to pay close attention to these recent, and future bandwagons on me.
mafia obviously do not like my playstyle, because i
am
aggressive and will notice their slip ups. i am vocal, and, yes, i will try too hard to meet my win condition. but that definitely does not make me anti-town.

Unvote

Vote:bosnox

he doesn't like people trying hard to be pro-town, and wanted to kill beck for the sake of him dying; not exactly the most pro-town behavior. not to mention that he is on the first bandwagon, and now hopped on the second.

Bobsnox's vote is gross and should have been accompanied with more of an explanation.

Your response is also sketchy though, because you should be able to make a case on someone or vote someone without stating how "extremely pro-town" you are; I don't care, of course you are going to say you are pro-town regardless of alignment. The next bolded line is also unnecessary if you are town because
catching scum slipping up is the entire purpose of mafia when you are town-aligned.
Why do feel the need to inform us of what you are doing when it should be obvious if you are town?

I had to address Kendall first because this is the strongest point on which I disagree with Ran, because I think that Kendall is at least being anti-town with the way she is providing some kind of scum read/tell/inkling on every player. That's not going to help, it's going to make it easier for scum to push mislynches, to build easy cases and to sit back and let other people push her buttons and avoid the brunt of her accusations.

I agree with Ran's assessment of Bobsnox, and I also think that his #13 is completely illogical as he reveals that he HAS meta on Beck that can help with some basic scumhunting and he not only puts it out in the open but refuses to act on it.

I also notice that Ran didn't mention Ray Matano in his reads but I thought that his #177 was a legit post. He not only provides his reads and suspicions but he also seems analytically, so I find it easy to follow his train of thought in scumhunting.

Umbrage definitely didn't stand out on my read which I expected him to since he is part of the Kendall wagon, so I understand Ran's distrust of him and questioning if his read on Kendall is genuine. I will support our vote where it is for now.
Oyatsu Nuki
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:46 am

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Also, wrt our choice in voting: that's our choice, if we find more than one person null/scummy I assure you we have a reason for our vote.

Bobsnox's vote is gross and should have been accompanied with more of an explanation.

nice way to contradict yourself in the same post. i stated my reason for voting clearly in that post; i have no need for more of an explanation. if you don't think my explanation was enough, explain what it lacked.

also, why are you pointing out that my vote, of all of them, has the
least
explanation?

because that is lol. how about bobsnox? you're quick to defend him, but what about his "
you're trying too hard
" vote? i'm very wary of you. you post several times indicating i'm town, even jumping to my defense, and now you are casting suspicion on me.

similar to how you admitted bobsnox is scummier than umbrage, yet cast a vote for umbrage. now, in a beautiful turn of events, you think that i have a misplaced vote on him? if that's so, explain why.

i still think bobsnox is most likely mafia, so my vote will remain with him.
if/when he flips mafia, my suspicion will turn to you.

moving on:

I think that Kendall is at least being anti-town with the way she is providing some kind of scum read/tell/inkling on every player. That's not going to help, it's going to make it easier for scum to push mislynches, to build easy cases and to sit back and let other people push her buttons and avoid the brunt of her accusations.

this is a forum game, in case you haven't noticed. all that we have to go on is what people post. if i see something unsettling/suspicious i will post it, because that's the point of the game. i also do not provide a scumtell on
every
player, only the players that i find suspicious. i'm not blindly throwing suspicion around; i have a reason to back up everything i'm suspicious of. (if you don't believe i provide sufficient reasoning, please, i encourage you to find a suspicion you do not agree with and challenge it. find the flaws, and point them out.)

first you say it's okay that i'm paranoid, because that's the way the game works.

now, you say it's anti-town that i am paranoid, therefore suspicious?

you are not consistent.

suspicion is how you play the game. it is important to share information and thoughts with the rest of the town. i have no need to be careful with what i say if i have a reason i find something suspicious, as long as i state why i'm suspicious and what the reason is. this allows the perpetrator to explain themselves to me, while also bringing the potential "slip up" to the eyes of the town. several times, this explanation will suffice me. you were an example of that, when you explained your vote was a "push vote."

regardless, it's my playstyle to be aggressive and say what i think about who, when i think it. it's been a successful tool for me thus far and continues to be successful. whether i survive this day/night or am lynched/nk'd, there are mafia on my vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”