Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Yeah. I get results. B)
down
and that's the way we get down
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Also, for anyone not pretending day one's lynch was a good thing, who would you have preferred to lynch instead?
down
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:49 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:
And looking at the activity, with Darkclaymore and Wickedjstr each posting less than Bbmolla and only more than Scumhunter, we need to hear more from them, or else.
vote: Dark Claymore

I could post more but I have nothing decent enough to say atm.

Honest Abel wrote:Nobody goes for the obvious kill on the first night because the potential doctor will protect the obvious kill. Also, nobody would be going after the IC after my question about N0, would they? ;)

Why are you so sure we have a doc? Of course, we might have one but no one can know for sure. Besides, what if Wickedestjr is the doc or other power role?
This is all wine. I think the mafia should have targeted Wickedestjr in any case. I'm pretty sure I would have. Though since they have a role cop, perhaps they only investigated him...?

dicknose wrote:Also, for anyone not pretending day one's lynch was a good thing, who would you have preferred to lynch instead?

I generally believe that there's an awfully high chance to mislynch on D1 so... while it's wasn't "good" neither was it "bad". I'd say "average". And tbh I have no one to offer instead. If I could just pick up someone, I'd pick cavjj as he feels rather scummy lately.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Honest Abel »

He's going to hate me for saying this, but yeah, whilst is pretty bad. I agree with you about Napoleon, whilst, but answer dicknose's questions please.

I would have killed a random person, probably. I generally think killing someone who appears to be smart but definitely won't be docblocked is the way to go, and Scumhunter fits that description. I wouldn't have killed anyone who seems inexperienced or who looked scummy on Day 1 either. Therefore, I would have killed Scunhunter or I Am Innocent, assuming that I were scum and he weren't, which I'm not and he is.

Agreed about posting levels in this game so far. Day 1's lynch was not a good thing mostly because nobody had contributed enough to the game for us to move on to a new day. I have no idea who I would have preferred to lynch instead. Nobody on that timeline. I was already growing weary of I Am Innocent and DarkClaymore Day 1, but I don't know if I would have been ready to lynch them then, and I'm probably not entirely ready to lynch them now either. I want discussion. I do not want lynches a mere day after the game begins.

DC, I didn't say I'm sure we have a doc. None of that is wine (WIFOM for new players, look it up on the wiki). It's merely taking into account the facts and possibilities and making the most logical decision based on it. It's not wine to consider that there may be a doctor and to kill someone other than the obvious choice. Drop the wine talk. You couldn't tell a pinot noir from a malbec.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Or a pinot noir from a riesling for that matter. Or wine from grape juice. Or grapes from watermelons.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 am

Post by singersigner »

Vote Count 2.0

cavjj (0):
DarkClaymore (1): dicknose
Honest Abel (0):
whilst (0):
dicknose (0):
I Am Innocent (1): Honest Abel
Wickedestjr (1): DarkClaymore

Not Voting (4): cavjj, whilst, I Am Innocent, Wickedestjr

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Mod Notes:

Deadline is August 22nd, 2011 12am PST.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

VOTE: Honest Abel

For insulting :P
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm just being playful. Do you have any actual thoughts on my point?
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 am

Post by cavjj »

Honest Abel wrote:Or a pinot noir from a riesling for that matter.

I couldn't :s
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:19 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

Honest Abel wrote:I'm just being playful. Do you have any actual thoughts on my point?

I suppose that if anything, they investigated him. But it's true they most likely decided to kill a target that won't be protected that night. I forgot for a second the 2of4 got a mafia role cop tbh.

And... nothing else interesting to say. It's much harder when you don't know the people you play with. But a challenge is always welcome :cool:

I guess I'll go with
VOTE: cavjj

It's true that the whole hammering thing makes him an obvious target, something scum shouldn't do, but he tried to defend himself in very awkward ways. This make it impossible for me to ignore the possibility he planned to use all these excuses from the beginning in order to clear himself latter on :shifty:

Yeah,weak but I don't think anyone here got anything solid anyway :roll:
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 am

Post by cavjj »

DarkClaymore wrote:
It's true that the whole hammering thing makes him an obvious target, something scum shouldn't do, but he tried to defend himself in very awkward ways. This make it impossible for me to ignore the possibility he planned to use all these excuses from the beginning in order to clear himself latter on :shifty:

So I hammer BB knowing everyone is going to come on here D2 and go "WTF?" having planned those excuses?

Dark Claymore wrote:Yeah,weakl

Said it yourself friend.
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

cavjj wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:

So I hammer BB knowing everyone is going to come on here D2 and go "WTF?" having planned those excuses?

You can never guess what scum will try to do. On another forum, one mafia member willingly put himself in a three-way lynch tie on D1 in order to clear himself for the days to follow. Lucky, he died thanks to the power of random Image

cavjj wrote:
Dark Claymore wrote:Yeah,weakl

Said it yourself friend.

Have anything better to offer? :roll:
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:52 am

Post by cavjj »

cavjj wrote:
Dark Claymore wrote:Yeah,weak

Said it yourself friend.

Have anything better to offer? :roll:[/quote]

Not really, I would only be going over old ground. I have explained as best I can why I hammered BB. If you have any specific questions though, I'll obviously address them.
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Who are your scumbuddies?
down
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:08 am

Post by cavjj »

............. Right OK.

How annoyed would you be in your buddy Abel was scum?
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Not at all.
down
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I'm going to agree with cavjj at the moment since it's more likely that he was set up and used for his eagerness to lynch. The wagon on me was pretty much a test run. When they saw that cavjj would jump on that, they probably assumed he would jump on BBmolla, too. And they were right.

DarkClaymore is definitely scummy. It looks like I Am Innocent would be the obvious partner at this point. Both have been using very weak reasoning. But DarkClaymore is much more obviously scummy right now. The only thing that affects my idea that IAI and DC are buddies is that I can't see IAI having any hand in the foolishness that was killing Scumhunter in order to frame cavjj. DC is going after cavjj now despite the fact that a smarter scum would have backed off and come up with a plan B after I outed plan A. DarkClaymore is newbscum blowing it.

UNVOTE: I Am Innocent
VOTE: DarkClaymore

PLEASE DO NOT HAMMER WHILE I AM ABSENT. If things get to L-1 again, I expect any potential hammerer to declare his/her intent to hammer and wait 24 hours before doing it, or until it's o.k.'d. While DarkClaymore is my best bet right now and I want to put more pressure on him, I do still have other plans for Day 2 and you should too, whoever you are. We need to hear more from other people. A lot more.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Honest Abel »

I will give both a detailed analysis and a clear, concise summary of DarkClaymore later tonight if nothing comes up.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:26 am

Post by cavjj »

I don't plan on hammering anyone unless there are 3 other people screaming "CAV!!! DO IT CAV!!! DO IT NOW!!!" down my ear......
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Bricktoes »

I wish you thought that way more often.
down
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:33 am

Post by cavjj »

dicknose wrote:I wish you thought that way more often.

I made a mistake. Get over it. Move on. If you are going to have a pop at least try to form an argument or say something constructive. Kthnx.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hi guys. I'm afraid I don't have time to make a post right now, but I'll try to do it tomorrow. I will say that we shouldn't have lynched yesterday without more discussion first. And we also shouldn't be so quick to lynch today, either.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 am

Post by cavjj »

Its not been a good night for wicked. Been lynched in one game and forced to claim in another, ouch.....
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

Post by whilst »

dicknose wrote:I'm pretty annoyed by whilst's outright refusal to say anything. Abel, is this how he plays?

I had already said I would post my thoughts on everyone when everyone's reaction came in. Not everyone had responded to the thread, so I didn't post my thoughts. Day 2 is going to end anytime soon, you can be a bit more patient I hope.
Honest Abel wrote:He's going to hate me for saying this, but yeah, whilst is pretty bad. I agree with you about Napoleon, whilst, but answer dicknose's questions please.

Yeah, I'm pretty bad. Which is probably why I wasn't mafia killed during N1.

Anyway, with two townies (BBmolla and Scumhunter) dead
I think everyone here should go back to D1 and read the day knowing their intentions were purely benign
. Right, so, thoughts on the crowd:

cavjjThe obvious point here is the fact that he hammered and ended Day 1 prematurely. I'm sure he's high on everyone else's list too. If anything, I just didn't like his reasoning before his hammer:
cavjj wrote:I am considering it to be fair, in my eyes, you are only probably third on my list of suspects, but N1 will give us lots more to think about and as I have previously said, I would rather risk losing a VT than letting a potential scum escape, even if it is D1 and we haven't got lots to go on.

We're all potential scum, I don't see why you just don't vote for all of us to be lynched. I don't believe scumhunter was lynched at random. He was probably picked just so cavjj could defend himself appropriately. Your accusations of anyone else on the bandwagon being scum can't really be defended, seeing as you did make the vote permanent. The thing is, no one else wanted to end the day, except
DarkClaymore

DarkClaymoreHere you go:
DarkClaymore wrote:And honestly, I hate D1. There's hardly any information that can be extracted during this phase. Especially since we can't force a tie between players and are forced to make a majority.

and...
DarkClaymore wrote:Honestly, I just want D1 to end and hopefully N1 will give us more info to work with. So I'll just join the wagon.

I can't just assume you wanted to learn more information about the game, because then you would've expressed that you wanted D1 to continue. I've said it before, Day 1 does help us in the later days. More information is always better. Just sort through the garbage.

[...]

I just refreshed, some more of you have jumped on to vote DarkClaymore, as I was going to. I expected more people to vote for cavjj (for his hammer of course), however I didn't want to put the third vote on him, because I don't want him hammered. I want Day 2 to go on as long as possible.
NO ONE should seal the lynch until everyone has replied
. We're still missing a few people. Until then, I will vote DarkClaymore's probably partner:

VOTE: cavjj
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:47 am

Post by whilst »

type, above:
Day 2 is going to end anytime soon, you can be a bit more patient I hope.

Should be:
Day 2 is
not
going to end anytime soon, you can be a bit more patient I hope.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”