Open 323: Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital (Scum win!)

teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by teamsleep »

HellloooNewman wrote:Didn't realize I hadn't posted in a while. Sorry about that.

THIS JUST IN - HIRAKI IS STILL SCUM

Carry on.

I can't hate you because of seinfeld and all, but you're making it damn easy to try.

DarthYoshi wrote:

Huh? On D2, we'll be, at most, down three townies, not six. On D3, we'd be down six and presumably at LyLo, not D2, which is why, FTR, I said that unless we hit scum during the Day One/Night One cycle, we shouldn't attempt the doc-as-vig experiment afterwards because scum will have too much influence and make it even more likely we hit townies to set up LyLo. Without that NK on N2, we postpone LyLo to D4, even in as bad a scenario as that one.

I can't argue with that math.

That is my fault- I guess I learned my mathematics from this man.

tclawren wrote:@Teamsleep: What do you think of Glowball? Do you still think HN is scummy?

Strikes me as town. A little derpy at times, but who isn't?

Sundy wrote:Aside from that you're second scummiest and I liked a case on you? Is there anything about the game you want me to expand on??

Personally, I would like you to expand on a lot of things. The catchup post wasn't all that constructive.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Sundy »

Teamsleep: I said I disagreed with Farside and I thought she was stretching the truth. That doesn't mean I think she's scum it just means I think she's wrong. And OMG L-3 Galway through Day 1 is not exactly EARTH SHATTERING. Caps: it's how I post, check my games, and don't got no partner bro

That's pretty much what's up. What's up with you?
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Farside wrote:I have NH as town and I don't care for the way Hirk tries to dismiss the doc vig. I would see more concern from scum then town on this. His attack on NH is in my view looking for an easy lynch and although NH has some aweful, I mean horrible reasoning and posting I don't read it as scummy just bad, bad logic. Also hirk forgetting to vote when he's making a case in the post makes no sense to me. How do you not know when your presenting a case on a player that you forget to vote them. Hello I have an 8 hour job, a little boy that interupts me every few minutes when I read and then post and still know where I am and what is going on in this game.
What I got from this post.
-Disagreement, and conceptualization of what I may be thinking(but am not)
-Human error that must be overflawed because Farside does more at his house.

All in all, 2 out of 5. Basically the second star comes from content more than anything.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by tclawren »

farside wrote:Still don't like how hirk calls you town on post 7. Your also pointing things out but I feel like I don't see the usual push I expect from you when your town. It's been bothering me since the start of this game.

Well honestly that's probably because I'm having a hard time coming up with suspects. It's just been one of those games for me.

sundy wrote:What's your problems with my post Tlawren? Aside from that you're second scummiest and I liked a case on you? Is there anything about the game you want me to expand on??

Yeah, fuck you.

Anyway. Why even bother giving reads on everyone in the game? If you have a few town reads cool, but I don't give a hoot about your null reads.

Why spend the majority of the time in your post talking about something you don't think is scummy, and therefore not useful in your mind to catching scum? There was a ton of stuff to comment on at that point of time and this is what you spend your time talking about.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sundy

I feel better with my vote here than Glowball right now.

@Hiraki: Are you going to try and appear town this game, or are we going to have to start voting you?
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
pinkfloyd
pinkfloyd
Goon
pinkfloyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 pm

Post by pinkfloyd »

So we have a deadline in 2 days??

We need to decide who is getting lynched and who the doctors should target, how about everyone makes a list of 3 people who are the most scummy in their opinion and we vote for the first one and target the second most scummy?
Show
-pinkfloyd (Call me PF for short)

As of 6th of October 2011 I may be referred to as "Hiraki's fan boy"

Thanks!!

"hes not stupid. he just believes we are."
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by glowball »

pinkfloyd wrote:So we have a deadline in 2 days??

We need to decide who is getting lynched and who the doctors should target, how about everyone makes a list of 3 people who are the most scummy in their opinion and we vote for the first one and target the second most scummy?

No, we have 7 days.

I'm calling for Silavor or Newman lynch...anything else is unacceptable and I will not vote towards it. As far as the doctor target thing, I don't know that everyone is on board, you dont know that each doctor is on board more specifically. There isn't much way to figure that out short of claiming and I am definitely not for that.
pinkfloyd
pinkfloyd
Goon
pinkfloyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by pinkfloyd »

No, we have 7 days.

Oh I apologize, the last vote said on the 3rd and then the mod corrected it :)
Show
-pinkfloyd (Call me PF for short)

As of 6th of October 2011 I may be referred to as "Hiraki's fan boy"

Thanks!!

"hes not stupid. he just believes we are."
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 am

Post by silavor »

Sundy wrote:
Silavor: ew, agreed with Darth on the bad part of the case. also keeps on returning interminably to game dynamics and making long wall posts about it, and building accusations off of these. bad. evil.

vote: Silavor

Nice strawmanning

I made a long wallpost about the game in general, that happened to include some discussion about game mechanics because
Hiraki mentioned game mechanics and was doing it wrong.

Also, where am I accusing someone of being scum based on how they want to use the doctors? Obviously you never read my post, because
I FREAKING SAID HIRAKI'S A TOWN READ.
So how exactly am I "building accusations off of these?"

DarthYoshi wrote:
Still digesting the giant Silavor wall. Again, it feels weird coming from him--I'm not used to the high-octane rhetoric, bold and all caps style he's exhibiting in this game, and I've seen him twice as town. Usually, I tend not to view that kind of rhetoric and style as a scumtell, because I think scum don't want to piss people off, but I have NEVER seen this from townSil, and I've gone head-to-head with him before in games.

Darth. Of the two games we've been in before, one was a newbie, where I purposely restrain myself, and the other was a mini where I replaced out before day 1 ended.
You don't know my meta. There's no way you could, based on those games alone. My wiki page has a nice friendly message for people
just
like you.

CAPS LOCK IS JUST WHAT I DO
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Hiraki »

Twclaren wrote:@Hiraki: Are you going to try and appear town this game, or are we going to have to start voting you?
Interesting word choice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm sorry I am over committed. I really wanted to play this game but I'm falling behind in another game and I'm going thru a transfer of mod duties currently.
Something has to break and it's this game. It was the last game I committed to and I would rather have someone come in before I fall behind.

Mod: Please replace me.

Before I go.

I find the following players town:

Darth
Team
Newmann
Quaroath

Null
silavor
tcl (do to recent post)
muffin

Scum
Hiraki (He pointed out that tcl was town do to posting the idea of vigs but calls Stride null for coming up with a plan and how it works out. This makes no sense. Keeps poo pooing the idea of doctors as vigs, uses hyper claiming, which helps scum over the vig idea. If he doesn't get lynched I think all town doctors would be best to target him)
pinkfloyd (this isn't because he's lurking. It's the lack of contribution. PF comes from another site and knows how to scum hunt. He's using weak reasoning, not engaging in the discussion and I find his vote and reasoning to vote hirk to be weak scum bussing)
Sundy (I see Sundy following others. This is a big scum tell. He votes Team saying
Sentences like this don't seem to have the bloodthirst of hunting scum to them
This is weak reasoning and looks to be jumping on a BW his latest vote on silvar doesn't win me over either as he has 2 lines and again looks to be following others reasoning.
NStride - Yes the person who came up with the idea is on this list, but what else has he done this game? I feel like scum would make a great idea and use it as town cred and disappear with little else said. His reason's for not coming in and posting or commenting are highly questionable, but i remind myself he's a newb and I haven't found time to look to see if he is posting elsewhere on MS
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:51 am

Post by glowball »

awww...we'll I was left out.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Amrun »

VC1.7

Medical Fact:
The average female has the capability of having 35 children in her lifetime.

(0) Quaroath
(3) Hiraki - HellloooNewman, pinkfloyd, farside22
(0) DarthYoshi
(5) silavor - NStride, Quaroath, teamsleep, Sundy, DarthYoshi
(0) pinkfloyd
(1) Sundy - tclawren
(3) HellloooNewman - glowball, zMuffinMan, Hiraki
(0) zMuffinMan
(1) glowball - silavor
(0) tclawren
(0) NStride
(0) teamslee
(0) farside22

Not Voting:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: August 10, 5:30pm EST

Spoiler: Vote History
Quaroath - silavor
Hiraki - HellloooNewman
DarthYoshi - teamsleep > glowball > silavor
silavor - zMuffinMan > glowball
pinkfloyd - tclawren > Hiraki
Sundy - teamsleep > silavor
HellloooNewman - teamsleep > Hiraki
zMuffinMan - HellloooNewman
glowball - tclawren > HellloooNewman
tclawren - teamsleep > HellloooNewman > Sundy
NStride - silavor
teamsleep - HellloooNewman > silavor
farside22 - Sundy > HellloooNewman > tclawren > Hiraki

Searching for a replacement for farside22.

Prodding Quaroath.
Last edited by Amrun on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Hiraki »

Mod: Is it correct that I have 4 votes, rather than 3?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Amrun »

Hiraki wrote:
Mod: Is it correct that I have 4 votes, rather than 3?

No. Corrected.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

Well, we were off to a good start, but...

Zmuffinman has not picked up his prod. I have begun to search for a repplacement for him, but I will fill farside's slot first. Iff zmuffinman posts before a replacement is found for him, he may keep his slot.

I am also prodding NStride. The prod on Q is still out as well.

If you know anyone willing to replace, do your best on them.

Do your best to stay active. It's been a good game up to this point.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by NStride »

Replying to prod. Sorry guys. I will read everything I've missed now.
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by NStride »

DarthYoshi wrote:Okay, Newman coming in after being prodded and not even giving a hint at content to come is, in fact, scummy. Not scummy enough to become my #1 just yet, but if he's today's lynch, I ain't gonna fight it one bit.

I don't like walls, so I will try to just quote little things here and there.

- This is a forced face of aggression. Everyone, watch out, you don't want to be on DarthYoshi's number 1 scum spot! In fact, you don't want to be on his scum radar at all. If you're on it, he won't fight lynches one bit! The only time one would
fight
lynches would be if that person were scum either trying to get some town points the next day, or trying to prevent his partner from getting killed if he thinks he can hide in that WIFOM. Fighting lynches is very anti-town; I prefer to just post things as I see them and not pay attention to who might get lynched and who isn't. This "but if he's today's lynch, I ain't gonna fight it one bit" shows a clear lack of individuality and attempt at mob mentality.

glowball wrote:

As far as Silavor's wall, it's nothing. I actually didn't notice anything concrete just opinions and fluff looking like he's writing a wall.

I agree with this observation. It's concise too.

Amrun wrote:ZMuffinMan and HellloooNewman have been prodded.

Scummy as fuck. What "townie" would prod another? What did you use, the barrel of your gun Mr. Maf? /comedy

Sundy wrote:
Now without further ado I'm just going to jump into my gut reads:

Silavor: ew, agreed with Darth on the bad part of the case. also keeps on returning interminably to game dynamics and making long wall posts about it, and building accusations off of these. bad. evil.

vote: Silavor

Nice early entrance to the bandwagon when the case was forcefully presented. If you had just left your "gut read" as it was, this might not have caught my skimming eyes. But the vote was quick off of a next to nothing individual case "gut read", immediately after someone pressured Silavor. The only reservation I have is that you don't seem serious in your presentation at all, but then again, people tend not to suspect the happy-go-luckies.

If any of these were already brought up, I am ignorant of it, as this is the farthest I've gone with my reading tonight.

I will add more to this before I go to bed. Sorry for my absence.
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Hello, I'm farside. Reading up.
To be clear: quack
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Amrun »

Aaaand sleepykrew replaces farside. :)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Amrun »

Nobody Special steps in for zMuffinMan, filling our ranks once more. Welcome them both and lament the limbs I sold to get them here. :wink:
Last edited by Amrun on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I didn't get any limbs >.>
To be clear: quack
NStride
NStride
Townie
NStride
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by NStride »

DarthYoshi wrote:One other concern with Silavor--aside from *maybe* a clarifying question to NStride over theory, Sil doesn't do any scumhunting or questioning of anyone until after I make the case on glowball, which feels like scum waiting for a townie to legitimate an idea sort of a tell, as well as the whole "scum-look-helpful-by-talking-theory" tell.

I'm always suspicious of people that jump hard on players after a significant case is presented. You were second to post after glowball's giving of attention to Silavor. You went after Silavor pretty hard with some decent reasoning in your first post in my opinion, but this one might as well say "Softbus softbus softbus...softbus."

Just like 5 minutes of a certain public behavior can ruin 20 years of careful reputation building, 1 scummy post is all it takes to rid all the others of their merit. I think tomorrow I'm going to go back through all your posts from the beginning, and Sundy's too.
Running is freedom.

Oh, and you're scum/maf.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Hiraki »

SleepyKrew will be addicted to shark week.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

NStride wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:Okay, Newman coming in after being prodded and not even giving a hint at content to come is, in fact, scummy. Not scummy enough to become my #1 just yet, but if he's today's lynch, I ain't gonna fight it one bit.

I don't like walls, so I will try to just quote little things here and there.

- This is a forced face of aggression. Everyone, watch out, you don't want to be on DarthYoshi's number 1 scum spot! In fact, you don't want to be on his scum radar at all. If you're on it, he won't fight lynches one bit! The only time one would
fight
lynches would be if that person were scum either trying to get some town points the next day, or trying to prevent his partner from getting killed if he thinks he can hide in that WIFOM. Fighting lynches is very anti-town;
I prefer to just post things as I see them and not pay attention to who might get lynched and who isn't.
This "but if he's today's lynch, I ain't gonna fight it one bit" shows a clear lack of individuality and attempt at mob mentality.

This is terrible reasoning packaged with lots of AtE. First, fighting lynches is NOT anti-town, I will swear that up and down. If you have a serious townread on someone, then by all means go to bat for them and say so.

Second, emphasis mine--this is scummy. Indicting me is one thing, even if it is for an absolutely crap reason. The bolded part is posturing to make yourself look good by comparison. Who is interested in making themselves look good? Scum. Thanks for billing yourself as a straight-shooter. In the parlance, we call that a scumslip, Lone Ranger. I think Farside might have been onto something.

Unvote. Vote: NStride

Third, lawlz at lack of individuality. I put cases on my own on glowball and tclawren, and at least the case on glowball gained some traction. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

One other item of note--you make two posts back to back expressing suspicion of me, but you won't vote for me, you won't FOS me, you're simply throwing dirt at me. All windup and no follow-through? Yeah, you're scum.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

Other points of interest--

tclawren's most recent posts are decidedly more townish.

Sil, I'll take you at your word for the moment that I don't know your meta, but I'm still digging around.

Farside's slot is probtown. Scum would have just asked to be replaced and left it at that.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13

Return to “Completed Open Games”