Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Ray Montano »

glowball wrote:There was nothing to rebut, btw. It was just a question and you answered it- not everything is an attack. You straddled on Kendall, and you distanced yourself too. That is my opinion, no point in really discussing it because you aren't in my top suspects anyway and you definitely aren't my lynch choice for the day.

Flavour was wondering why you didn't respond to it and wanted to see a response, as did I. And I'd like to know who I supposed distanced myself from. Your "opinion" that I was straddling on kendall (which I don't understand how you could've come up with that) is your opinion I suppose.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 am

Post by glowball »

Ray Montano wrote:
glowball wrote:There was nothing to rebut, btw. It was just a question and you answered it- not everything is an attack. You straddled on Kendall, and you distanced yourself too. That is my opinion, no point in really discussing it because you aren't in my top suspects anyway and you definitely aren't my lynch choice for the day.

Flavour was wondering why you didn't respond to it and wanted to see a response, as did I. And I'd like to know who I supposed distanced myself from. Your "opinion" that I was straddling on kendall (which I don't understand how you could've come up with that) is your opinion I suppose.

Answer me this... Why are you so concerned?

AND Let's go Umbrage wagon!!!!!!!!!!!! DonJosh, is still prob scum, but he's obviously no threat and we can only lynch one at a time. I'm okay with either lynch but Umbrage seems like the best choice right now.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Hiraki »

glowball wrote:
Umbrage wrote:
glowball wrote:@ Umbrage, why are you defending DonJosh so much? Can you give me examples of how he "reeks of town"?

Hm. You're not asking why Hiraki is defending bob? Our posts are quite close to each other. Interesting.

Classic deflection, and exactly what I thought you'd do as scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Umbrage
FFS.

WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS.

UMBRAGE IS A VI.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

Post by glowball »

OKay, Hiraki- if the DonJosh wagon gets more heat, I'll hammer I have no problem with that. I just think that Umbrage is scumz
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

DonJosh didn't deliver?

GET OUT MY SHOCK AND AWES
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Hiraki »

Nope.

He's too townie.

I don't see why scum would deliberately give up on Day 1.
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:31 am

Post by DonJosh »

glowball wrote:
DonJosh wrote:You know what, just lynch me. Whatever. I'm too lazy to write a wall... :?

And who said you had to write a wall? Are you really playing defeatist on Day 1? How is that not scummy?

I said I would write a wall, but I dont have time for that
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

Think about it as scum:

Write a wall of nonsense that manages to get you not lynched hopefully when they want you dead OR:
Do nothing and hope for some pity.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Hiraki »

SpyreX wrote:Think about it as scum:

Write a wall of nonsense that manages to get you not lynched hopefully when they want you dead OR:
Do nothing and hope for some pity.
If he's actually playing B, which I know your or me would never attempt, he can get away with it for today.

There are much bigger fish to fry.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 am

Post by glowball »

Hiraki wrote:Nope.

He's too townie.

I did it.
Newbie game.
It's so ridiculous that it almost always works...and in this instance, I am going to vote hop back given DonJosh's last statement.

VOTE: DonJosh

Seriously, I just want one of those two gone anyway...and seriously Hiraki, I overlooked your vote change to Ray M.- at best he's SK and right now not a threat, if so let him kill scum since they are more of a danger to him anyway...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

I just HATE rewarding that behavior regardless of alignment I cant help myself.

Ray I could dig but 30 pages = about time for a night night death bath
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:50 am

Post by Ray Montano »

glowball wrote:Answer me this... Why are you so concerned?

Uhhh because you're the one straddling back and forth between wagons. So I'm trying to figure out what other behaviors you're going to shit throw on other players when they're not true and then go and do it yourself.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:55 am

Post by glowball »

Ray Montano wrote:
glowball wrote:Answer me this... Why are you so concerned?

Uhhh because you're the one straddling back and forth between wagons. So I'm trying to figure out what other behaviors you're going to shit throw on other players when they're not true and then go and do it yourself.

You did straddle on Kendall- You wanted her lynched because she was scummy, then she just wasn't an asset to town even if she was town, then she was just a placeholder..

I am not straddling.
I want DonJosh and Umbrage gone- with each post they both move up the scum list. Those are my top two choices and I will hammer either one of them today. So between the two of them, I don't care who goes. That's solid. I'm calling it. THEY ARE BOTH SCUM.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Ray Montano »

You just described my play: an advancement of opinion on a player as the game progresses.
And your play: straddling two players to get either lynch.

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by glowball »

Ray Montano wrote:You just described my play: an advancement of opinion on a player as the game progresses.
And your play: straddling two players to get either lynch.

Your play is straddling, and distancing from a lynch, so that you can say "oh well I told you guys that she was town, or I told you that she was scum" It's what scum do to try to get points no matter what the flip is. That being said....

There is no straddling- you need to really get what straddling means. Both of my reads are SOLID there is no waivering. Both of them are scum, if I could I'd lynch them both today. So yes, either lynch is fine...what is your problem with that? You've got evidence of me saying it...I am standing firm and thusly will take any blacklash that comes with it.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

glowball wrote:Your play is straddling, and distancing from a lynch, so that you can say "oh well I told you guys that she was town, or I told you that she was scum"

That is completely off base. When I EVER do that you can call me out on it. But don't waste your breath, because that is NOT my style of play and not once did I say that kendall was not scum.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by glowball »

Ray Montano wrote:
glowball wrote:Your play is straddling, and distancing from a lynch, so that you can say "oh well I told you guys that she was town, or I told you that she was scum"

That is completely off base. When I EVER do that you can call me out on it. But don't waste your breath, because that is NOT my style of play and not once did I say that kendall was not scum.

When you call your vote a placeholder, you are implying that you don't really think she's scum. Your vote should always be on who you think is scum. Not to mention, the tid bits about her not being an asset to town (even if she is town).
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

If the vote is always supposed to be on scum then there wouldn't be RVS and strategies such as pressure voting. You're basically attempting to get in a play style debate with me, correct?

And she wasn't an asset to the town. Even if she was town. That's my opinion and I'm going to state it.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Umbrage »

glowball wrote:
Umbrage wrote:
glowball wrote:@ Umbrage, why are you defending DonJosh so much? Can you give me examples of how he "reeks of town"?

Hm. You're not asking why Hiraki is defending bob? Our posts are quite close to each other. Interesting.

Classic deflection, and exactly what I thought you'd do as scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Umbrage

^ is in itself a deflection. :cop:
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Umbrage »

glowball wrote:OKay, Hiraki- if the DonJosh wagon gets more heat, I'll hammer I have no problem with that. I just think that Umbrage is scumz

Oh good, nice to know you're not discriminating between lynches today.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Umbrage »

VOTE: glowball

The last two pages have convinced me she needs to go first. She's panicking. The mislynch she wants isn't happening fast enough, so she's trying everything she can to hurry it up. No town motivation to do this.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by glowball »

Umbrage wrote:VOTE: glowball

The last two pages have convinced me she needs to go first. She's panicking. The mislynch she wants isn't happening fast enough, so she's trying everything she can to hurry it up. No town motivation to do this.

Or is it because I've nailed you and DonJosh as scum? Oh, I am right- hey let's try this. Push my lynch, watch my flip and then KILL UMBRAGE AND DONJOSH...it works for me. Also, throw Beck in there too- since neither one of them want to tell me why they think he's town.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Post by Umbrage »

OK, deal.

BLUFF CALLED, SCUM.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by glowball »

No bluff, I won't even fight it- but I know that you love it because I've nailed you :D

Seriously guys, get behind this. No joke, I don't want any hesistation

Lynch me.
Then lynch Umbrage, DonJosh, and Beck

I won't even fight the votes, I want this guy exposed for what he is. It's not VI, he's scum and if that isn't enough then lynch me.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Beefster »

Bad post from RD- full of inconsistency. First, you say that Umbrage is right about multiple factions, then you condemn him for it. I don't really understand.
How is my post OMGUS? I voted FA first. (I could understand (MAYBE) WIFOM, but that is seriously stretching it)
To be honest, I was actually going partly on other players' reads regarding Soda, though I also remember a few posts from him that I disliked. Just because he isn't voting me doesn't mean I can't suspect him. Though now that I think of it, I might have confused him for another player.
What exactly makes my cases ineffective?
Fail logic is fail.

FoS: RainbowDash

Post 639
FlavourAnalysis wrote:Why didn’t you respond to the first two points?
I forgot and/or didn't feel they required a response. I'm more inclined to think it was the former. I'll re-examine that for you.

Please use bullet statements. I rather dislike heaps of reads lumped into single paragraphs. Please try to be transparent here. Communication is vital for a healthy town.

Could you at least quote/link to the posts you made that explain your reasoning? I really don't have the time to search for your reasoning. I really don't like the "I've already explained it" attitude; it allows you to withhold information.

Can you explain why you believe Mb5, Rainbow, and Snakeside to be scum? Reasons I asked you these reads was because you hadn't really given much thoughts on others, and you seemed to focus on Me/Kendall while catching up.
Is gut a good enough reason for you? I'm usually not very good at articulating my reasoning for reads.

Stop surveying and start actually scumhunting. Asking for reads isn't scumhunting; It's asking for a shopping list. If July does the cases, shut up for a bit and let her do a few cases. CASES, not reads.

glowball wrote:
Hiraki wrote:Nope.

He's too townie.

I did it.
Newbie game.

It's so ridiculous that it almost always works...and in this instance, I am going to vote hop back given DonJosh's last statement.
Note the bolded. You just lost some credibility there. Newbie games are totally different from theme games.
DonJosh is town. Gut says so.
The wagon on him makes no sense whatsoever and I'm pretty sure a good amount of it is scum. I would bet on at least 3 scum.

I'm unsure about both Umbrage and glowball:
-Leaning scum on Umbrage
-Leaning scum (more) on glowball
-Likely of different factions.
-Not necessarily both scum.
-I'm fairly sure at least one of them is scum.
Sure it looks a bit wishy-washy, but isn't that the definition of "unsure?"
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”