Newbie 1138 - Game Over! Town Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Actually, the only thing I can think of holding me back from an IAI lynch is the fact that he's been absent. If we lynch him and he's town, the dynamic of this game is hardly going to change at all, and D3 might be just as hard if not harder.

That said, dude was scummy as hell. If not for DC putting the spotlight on himself, I think I would have been more hardcore about an IAI lynch.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:27 am

Post by cavjj »

Gut instinct on IAI then? No reasoning, no analysis, just feeling?

On gut feeling basis, DC, whilse and IAI are all scum so I'm wrong on one of them.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Honest Abel »

If anyone is interested in lynching IAI but is too lazy to go back and read and wants me to summarize the case on him, just say so.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Are you asking me why IAI?
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay, let's see.

unvote

Vote: IAI

Would be nice if he popped in to defend himself.

I'm not thrilled with a DC lynch, but you do have a good point; if he continues the way he has, he does us no good in future days.

DC. Thoughts on trying to change your playstyle, since this one obv isn't working?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:32 am

Post by cavjj »

Honest Abel wrote:Are you asking me why IAI?

No I just meant scum or town. The reasons are fairly plain for all to see. As I said, my gut instinct would say all of them were mafia but I couldn't come up with a concrete 100% "THEY ARE DEFINITELY SCUM!" cases.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Honest Abel »

My gut on IAI is definitely mafia, and the facts on him are worse. I don't think that's true of any other player. I have very slight gut feelings that whilst and cavjj are mafia, but the facts generally make me see them as town or null. Compare that to DC, for whom all the facts point to mafia, but my gut is that he's a confused townie.

Considering all that, I'm fine with an IAI lynch.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:53 am

Post by cavjj »

Can someone confirm a vote for IAI now would be L-1 and not a hammer? I just did a quick check but want to make sure. I will be voting IAI but I don't want to go through the D1 fallout again.

FoS:IAI
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Only NS and I are voting for IAI currently.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:08 am

Post by cavjj »

VOTE: I Am Innocent
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:19 am

Post by whilst »

Nobody Special wrote:These two posts raise my eyebrows. Potentially nervous newbscum trying to keep the game together? Hmm.

Just some thinking-out-loud here:

If scum=IAI/whilst, then DC is really and truly cluelessly being lynchbait. However, if scum=IAI/DC, then whilst is being (unnecessarily, IMO) overprotective of the game and also not very aggressive.

If it's really bothering you I can give you the full story. Apparently sending PM's is against the rules. I've already asked the mod. I would've PM-ed Abel the same thing. I may not be aggressive, but I'm also not laid back. If I really think I have something 100% figured out, then I'll be aggressive about.

DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote:
Why should I even bother voting for people who I have no evidence of being scum? To pressure them?

That's the point. You MUST find me suspicious. That's how lynchbait works. The idea is that NO ONE should be able to say "I don't find DC suspicious". You are the only one who is doing this atm.

Well did you ever consider that I might've thought your lynchbait ploy to be complete garbage? Because I do.

DarkClaymore wrote:And how you can say that after putting me in second place of your top suspects? If you have nothing on me, why put me there? If anything, I turned into more and more suspicious as time passed. You should have even MORE reasons than you had back then.

You really want to see a problem with me. I followed Abel's argument with you the entire time (remember? You said I was "just pleasing everyone"). If it's any credit to Abel, I did agree with some of his points. I'm glad you pointed out that post, you felt a bit pressured, didn't you? Are you feeling more pressured now because I may have the same opinion?

DarkClaymore wrote:
whilst wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:All I have to say is that if I'm right and Whilst is scum - then my playstyle worked. If I'm wrong, then I'll admit I ended up playing as an idiot here and that I should change my playing style.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Just look over your own posts. None of your "arguments" against me have any substance and I've offered a proper rebuttal to everything you've said. You still haven't been able to come up with a solid point to lynch me on. I'm only trying to help: you should move on.

Well sorry that I'm not like most people who think that it's so easy to lynch scum with some "solid" and "obvious" reasons. I don't believe in that as I have never seen it happening. If ever my deduction hit scum, it was only with reasons no one found "solid".

Great. I'm sorry I don't play like you.
DarkClaymore wrote:
Honest Abel wrote:I really don't think "suck" is a big deal

I agree with this.

All right. You suck.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 am

Post by whilst »

cavjj wrote:VOTE: I Am Innocent

All right, unvote. One of you guys unvote.

Give IAI at least the chance to respond to your inquiries. We waited for NS, we can wait for IAI too.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Honest Abel »

He already responded to my inquiries. My vote stands.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:35 am

Post by cavjj »

Iai will not vote for himself, neither will yourself. I agree IAI needs to be given a chance. DC was given a chance and I am confident he will give IAI one. My vote also stands.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 am

Post by whilst »

All right, if you say so. Let's just hope DC doesn't hammer.
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:41 am

Post by whilst »

Honest Abel wrote:If anyone is interested in lynching IAI but is too lazy to go back and read and wants me to summarize the case on him, just say so.

Also, I'm going to assume two things: 1. I'm too lazy to go back and read. 2. You'll be able to get in an explanation before IAI comes back.
cavjj wrote:Iai will not vote for himself, neither will yourself. I agree IAI needs to be given a chance. DC was given a chance and I am confident he will give IAI one. My vote also stands.

I would like your reasoning too,
cavjj
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent wrote:Sorry guys, been busy the last day+ and today looks just as busy. Will catch up and post my thoughts on all the players probably this weekend.

Did skim through and noticed alot of feelings being stirred up on our IC slot. Give NS some time, if he does flake we have until Aug 22nd to lynch somebody. A replacement would be brought in. In other words, let the mod handle those who are flaking, we do not need to do so. If he posts every 3rd day to avoid replacement...well that is an entirely different story.

One other thing I noticed in my skimming, Dicknose and DC's listing of townie to scum at first glance felt very sincere and how I'd imagine my list would look by D2/12 pages in. I'll discuss what I mean in more detail when I put together my list after fully catching up.

As I said in my last post, it has been crazy the last 2-3 days for me and I would be posting this weekend. I will hold true to that and try to get to it tonight.

I noticed in my skim through that I am at L-1. I would appreciate it if someone took a vote off of me in the meantime as we have already had one early hammer without a claim in this game, I don't think giving a 2nd a chance to happen is a smart thing to do.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
whilst
whilst
Goon
whilst
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:45 am

Post by whilst »

whilst wrote:2. You'll be able to get in an explanation before IAI comes back.

Well now I look like an ass. Regardless, honor IAI's request.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Nobody Special »

whilst wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:These two posts raise my eyebrows. Potentially nervous newbscum trying to keep the game together? Hmm.

Just some thinking-out-loud here:

If scum=IAI/whilst, then DC is really and truly cluelessly being lynchbait. However, if scum=IAI/DC, then whilst is being (unnecessarily, IMO) overprotective of the game and also not very aggressive.

If it's really bothering you I can give you the full story. Apparently sending PM's is against the rules. I've already asked the mod. I would've PM-ed Abel the same thing. I may not be aggressive, but I'm also not laid back. If I really think I have something 100% figured out, then I'll be aggressive about.

A) Nothing is ever 100% "figured out" until a flip. You should try aggression; it's fun. (Lets out some RL tension, sometimes, too.)

B) It's not "really bothering" me; but I think you might should tell us anyway. I, for one, would love some insight to your thinking.

Okay, on pain of lynching even harder if no further input is incoming:

unvote

HoS: IAI
....what?

cavjj
cavjj
Goon
cavjj
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:47 am

Post by cavjj »

Curious. You've been at L-1 for what must be only half an hour and you magically show up. I appreciate however, even scum are loathe to lie about their circumstances outside of the game.

Unvote: IAI
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Since NS and cavjj did it, my vote still stands.

IAI, I'm going to summarize the case against you as best I can to make this as easy as possible.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
DarkClaymore
DarkClaymore
Goon
DarkClaymore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:49 am

Post by DarkClaymore »

dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:Appearing scummy will most likely not make me a night kill target, thus keeping me alive longer in case I manage to avoid lynch. Of course, you can claim that in a way it harms the town as I become a suspect and possibly draw attention away from the real scum, but I find it very interesting to see the reactions of people when it comes to lynching a player who plays like this. Scum tend to slip in such situations.

DarkClaymore wrote:Scum tend to slip away like this a lot. Playing the "somewhat suspected" role which can be used as a reason to explain why the player wasn't night killed, while in the same time not being suspected enough to get lynched. A very simple and efficient scum strategy.

re: surviving

What exactly do you want to prove? That my playstyle is scummy? We all know that.
As for surviving, this is not a lie. But it's neither my overall intention. I just put it there in order to make sure people don't try and dig the true reason behind my play. I actually didn't want to reveal it until the very end. The only reason I did was Abel putting
too much
effort into finding why I'm scum. So I thought I might as well fish for reaction with a slightly different approach.

Not even my words, dude. Point is, his playstyle is noted. And we already saw what he's pulling on you when his reasons for calling me scum were "lol i can't think ahead."

So why exactly we let it slide?

NS, I like it. But If you think the team is IAI/whilst, I'd rather go for IAI. I've played a couple/few games with whilst and have gone after him for pretty much the same reasons he's displaying here, and he's always been town. So I'm giving him the shadow of a doubt here. What do you think about that? I am willing to link to the offsite, completed games in question if you are curious.

Oh, just great. You do realize you do something worse than me, right?
While I tried to make general theories based on the patterns repeated by
different players
, you try to conclude something from how one player plays. This is totally wrong. Are you going to just let it slide every game? Saying "Nah. He is always scummy like that" in every game?

And if he does that "I suspect you and pretty sure you are mafia! Huh? Why do I suspect you? Haha. I got nothing" every time then... wow... if I'm a "bad townie" then what dies that make him?

DC - Would you do anything different if someone put you to L-1?

Umm... Nope. What more can I do?

If we end up lynching someone other than DarkClaymore, I need to know that he's not going to pull the same hijinks on D3. DC, please do not keep doing the same thing the whole game. We've provided a ton of reasons why it's not a good strategy. It's just not. Move on.

I already revealed everything. There's no point in keeping it up now.

Well did you ever consider that I might've thought your lynchbait ploy to be complete garbage? Because I do.

That's not something that town would do. Even me, the one who is totally against loud reasons, would still find myself suspicious if I were watching from the side. You can't say you have nothing on me. Because you have by default. Maybe you don't trust these reasons but they are there and you have them.

You really want to see a problem with me. I followed Abel's argument with you the entire time (remember? You said I was "just pleasing everyone"). If it's any credit to Abel, I did agree with some of his points. I'm glad you pointed out that post, you felt a bit pressured, didn't you? Are you feeling more pressured now because I may have the same opinion?

Pressured? You kidding? I even forgot that post existed and that you even suspected me at first. You just totally didn't look like you are even trying to chase me. You didn't vote nor did you attempt to attack me with arguments. You just put me there and like "Lol. Let's see what happens." . That's not protown even in the slightest.

And I myself have nothing on IAI so I can't join the wagon. And of course since it'll be a lynch then I'm not allowed to do so anyway.

As for calling my strategy a fail. You have no proof it failed as we don't know Whilst's alignment. Just because YOU don't want to agree with my theory doesn't mean it's ME who is wrong. And maybe I just hate norms and that's why I prefer to do unusual things. Though, I still think this strategy is better for a poor scumhunter like me. I prefer to do this than each and every time ending up being frustrated due to missing scum.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Nobody Special wrote:DC. Thoughts on trying to change your playstyle, since this one obv isn't working?
....what?

Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Honest Abel »

DarkClaymore wrote:
dicknose wrote:
DarkClaymore wrote:Appearing scummy will most likely not make me a night kill target, thus keeping me alive longer in case I manage to avoid lynch. Of course, you can claim that in a way it harms the town as I become a suspect and possibly draw attention away from the real scum, but I find it very interesting to see the reactions of people when it comes to lynching a player who plays like this. Scum tend to slip in such situations.

DarkClaymore wrote:Scum tend to slip away like this a lot. Playing the "somewhat suspected" role which can be used as a reason to explain why the player wasn't night killed, while in the same time not being suspected enough to get lynched. A very simple and efficient scum strategy.

re: surviving

What exactly do you want to prove? That my playstyle is scummy? We all know that.
Way to miss the point and retreat to your same old defense. The point of juxtaposing those two quotes was to point out not that you are
acting
scummy, but that you yourself say that acting that way is something scum do. Note the difference between "acting scummy" and
actually being scum
. This is one thing that your "You can't prove I'm scummy because I'm doing it on purpose" defense actually can't defend.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Bricktoes
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Bricktoes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Bricktoes »

Darky, is English your first language?