ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Magua »

Hinduragi wrote:In short: Empking doesn't seem to care that he's helping himself die.

Empking realizes the futility of arguing against the incredibly obvious. He still came out ahead by his claim; far better for him to be lynched D6 than to be lynched D5.

Empking also realizes that he needs to shoot the cult recruiter just as badly as we need him to shoot the cult recruiter.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Empking »

SpyreX wrote:
Esp is probably worthless town. YES

[snip]
I DONT want Empking (scum), Esp (town), magua (town) lynched. Anyone else I could easily be persuaded.

Let's see your third name.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

My third name?

What the hell are you even going on about?

Why is this day still going?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Empking »

SpyreX wrote:My third name?

What the hell are you even going on about?

I was talking to Magua.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Magua »

Er?

Then why'd you quote SpyreX?

By third name, I assume you're referring to who I think the third scum is? I think it's either Thor or Nexus. Nexus may be cleared by tracker report if Locke flips some PR role (and it's all moot if Locke isn't scum), so I'm not really bothering to differentiate them right now.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Magua »

Though offer's still open for you to sacrifice one of them. I still recommend Locke. Gets you another watch.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Empking »

Magua wrote:Er?

Then why'd you quote SpyreX?

By third name, I assume you're referring to who I think the third scum is? I think it's either Thor or Nexus. Nexus may be cleared by tracker report if Locke flips some PR role (and it's all moot if Locke isn't scum), so I'm not really bothering to differentiate them right now.

You said, why didn't Cult Recruitor Espeonage kill SpyreX. That quote answered that question. He's a "useful idiot".

So who is the third person Espeonage would've killed over LB.

Edit: They won't do it :(
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Magua »

I see where you went now. You know, taking ten more seconds to expand your one line question into two lines that actually explain what you want is pro.

Look, there's a reason why I've kept asking Espeonage why he killed LB, and that's because from whatever point of view I can see him coming from (SK, Cult, horrendously stupid town[1]), there was someone better to kill than LB.

No matter what his role is, there was a better move than to claim SK and then simply proddodge.

I can't read motivations that I simply cannot comprehend.

[1] Dead serious that this has crossed my mind. Horrendously stupid town is the one that comes closest to having an LB kill make sense.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm seriously still behind Magua's plan as well. Although it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Empking »

So Magua. Who is the better player for CR Espeonage to kill (other than the next day's mislynch and the player convinced he was town.)?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Magua »

Empking wrote:So Magua. Who is the better player for CR Espeonage to kill (other than the next day's mislynch and the player convinced he was town.)?

First, show me someone who *didn't* echo SpyreX's "Espeonage is confirmed useless town" D5. I did. Everyone did. It's not like SpyreX was the only one.

That said, Espeonage-CR should do one of these things, in order:
- Fucking recruit somebody
- Shoot SpyreX, cause he's unrecruitable and isn't going to get lynched and probably isn't going to get shot
- Not shoot anyone at all
- Shoot someone he thinks is mafia

Serious about the no one. Even if he can't recruit (for some reason) and doesn't want to kill SpyreX, Espeonage-CR can maintain his general lurking attitudes skating by on the fact that he's a confirmed daykiller and lulz who would give the cult that ability? I mean, you weren't going to shoot him, no one was going to lynch him; he was utterly off everyone's list.

But then you're all "I saw him visit LB" and he just *folds* and is all "Lulz, I'm SK with abilities that make no sense." And then when it's all, "What's your win condition, maybe we can joint win" he just poofs, so, fuck, I don't know.

I simply do not see a 3-shot SK existing. Espeonage seems to not care a goddamn thing what happens.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Espeonage obviously isn't going to help at all. We might as well get to tomorrow so I can begin the futile exercise of arguing that I'm not scum.

Vote: Empking
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Post by Nexus »

Locke Lamora wrote:Espeonage obviously isn't going to help at all. We might as well get to tomorrow so I can begin the futile exercise of arguing that I'm not scum.

You could begin now...

I mean, none of us will believe you, but even so.
Trans rights are human rights.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:23 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

What can I say after 133 pages? I know exactly what your (and everyone else's response) will be, and I can't argue with the fact that this slot has done next to nothing this game. It also seems pretty likely that town doesn't have a majority any more, so I guess I need to convince cult as much as I need to convince town, as they need mafia lynched and lynching me is going to cost them the game as well as town. What's cult's wincon going to be? Get a majority? They might nearly be there, especially once we lynch Empking-scum. So scum also have to kill cult tonight to ensure that numbers don't get out of their control. To be perfectly honest, I don't think this game has gone that well for anyone; scum has done a bad job of shooting cult, cult and town have done a bad job of lynching scum, and it's unclear just how well cult have recruited, but it can't be that well or they'd already be in control. It could even be 2-2-2 tomorrow, depending on how the night plays out. So all I really know is that unless cult do have some kind of killing power available, or Esp really is SK, and either is going to shoot scum tonight, we have to keep lynching scum every day or scum win. We all know I'm not CR, and cult would have to be idiots to recruit someone who's virtually a dead-cert lynch, so I can't argue with the logic that says I should be lynched. I'm just not scum. I don't think I've played with any scum motivation whatsoever; I just haven't been here very much, and Bogre was here even less.

Want my reads? I think Magua is town. I think Espeonage is cult. I actually think Thor is scum. His interactions with Empking make sense for that. You've been about as lurktastic as this slot, but you've got more annoyed about it when people challenge you, so I don't really know what to make of that. I'd say scum but I don't know if I see that based on how Thor's been after you. Seems like the bus would be too hard. I honestly can't tell whether Hinduragi is frustrated town or really abusing AtE to make it seem that way, but he's cult if he's not town. I've been doing some rereading and I don't think Spyrex is cult because of his role in the AGM lynch. I really don't believe we have any more than three townies either, just because I can't see cult failing to recruit that many times.

So here's a question for you. Assume for one crazy moment that I'm not scum. Who are Empking's buddies?

Scum: Empking, Thor,

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Oops, hit submit. I was going to say:

Scum: Empking, Thor
Cult: Espeonage
Town: Magua, Spyrex (just because both him and Empking being scum seems unlikely based on the roles, although I still don't get good vibes)
Cult or town: Hinduragi

So I guess that leaves you as the third scum, but I'm still not sure I buy that. Thor kept pointing out how much you were lurking and making sure people didn't miss you. It's really not a good strategy in a game of this size where you need to last a long time. It would have been quite easy for a wagon to start on you because of him.

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Espeonage seems to not care a goddamn thing what happens.

CASE IN POINT. I've got until August 22nd to think about why he doesn't care. You can damn well bet I'll take that long if I have to. Then there's the "why give CR a kill" theory? And I still believe cult started with 2 people. Now, I believe we know where this takes us. Into moonland. But we were already there anyways. Thoughts?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Magua »

Hinduragi wrote:
CASE IN POINT. I've got until August 22nd to think about why he doesn't care. You can damn well bet I'll take that long if I have to. Then there's the "why give CR a kill" theory? And I still believe cult started with 2 people. Now, I believe we know where this takes us. Into moonland. But we were already there anyways. Thoughts?

Here's my thoughts, Hinduragi: I don't need reasons why someone's *not* a cult recruiter. I have *plenty* of reasons for each person to not be a cult recruiter.

What I need are reasons why someone *is* a cult recruiter, and you seem to be consistently lacking in presenting any of those. So: If not Espeonage, then who?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Hinduragi »

That's what I'm working on. It's only us 4. I've got time to work this out. Everyone else is like "lol quicklynch time on Empking" which is fucking stupid but they're some sort of scum anyways. Empking's providing reasoning to help himself die for whatever reason. Espeonage doesn't give a fuck about anything that's going on. You came alive the past 2 days out of fucking nowhere with brilliant shining town reasoning. And Spyrex has the occasional wall of goodposting but otherwise nothing THAT helpful except "Let's sheep Magua". Nexus makes me doubt him in all sorts of ways but whatever his alignment is, he's a grunt of some sort. Thor and Locke are confirmed useless scum, both voting. There's a piece to this puzzle that leads to the pot of gold on the other side of the rainbow. If we're lucky and Espeo fits, great. If we're not, game over. Day started only 5 days ago. Also, just realized it was a 2 week deadline and I accidentally read 3. So it's until August 15th. I've got 9 days. If it takes that long to make a game-deciding verdict, then that's the time I'll take.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:19 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

You want more time? Fine. But I'm putting the vote back on unless you can give me some answers to my questions that I actually think are worth dragging this day out another week.

Unvote

So I'm confused, because I'm pretty sure Magua explained all of this to you already. Is there any scenario in which we don't lynch Empking today? Is there any scenario in which scum don't have to hit cult tonight if Empking does get lynched? As far as I can tell, the answer to both is no. So from what I can see, the scum are going to do their best to hit the CR tonight, and if they don't hit the CR, they're going to have to hit cult. So unless you're scum who hasn't figured out who the CR is, or the CR who's worried as hell that the scum are going to shoot him, why exactly do you need us to give you another 9 days to put up a case that we're not going to follow through with a lynch? Either scum hit cult tonight, in which case we have this all out again tomorrow, or they don't and it's cult win.

So I get that you're claiming to be annoyed that your wincon might be changed overnight, but to save you the time figuring it out if you haven't already, you don't have a choice about it. If you're town, you're at the mercy of both scum and cult. If you think town has much of a choice after that many townies have gone down for the loss of one scum, you're really not thinking very clearly anyway. Perhaps I'm seeing this with a bit more clarity than you because I know I'm getting lynched tomorrow, but town is probably done here, barring a virtually impossible series of events which include me not getting lynched tomorrow. I can tell you something else; the series of events where town wins starts with scum getting lynched today. So are you basically just saying you're going to make a big case directing the scum who to shoot tonight, or is there something I'm missing?

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Vote Count

Empking (3)
- SpyreX, Espeonage, Magua
Espeonage (2)
- Empking

Not Voting (3)
- Locke Lamora, Thor665, Nexus

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Magua »

Hinduragi wrote:Day started only 5 days ago. Also, just realized it was a 2 week deadline and I accidentally read 3. So it's until August 15th. I've got 9 days. If it takes that long to make a game-deciding verdict, then that's the time I'll take.

Yes, this day is 5 rl days old...and nothing has happened of any value other than Empking giving his report and Espeonage claiming SK in that time. I waited 3 days to see if Espeonage would be nice and helpful; he's not and he won't be. It's not a matter of his activity, he's simpy prod-dodging at this point.

You want to dick around and waste time, that's cool, but give me a reason other than "wasting time". You've had five days to think it over so far, and from what I can tell, have achieved zilch, so I'm not holding my breath here.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by ooba »

Thor has been prodded
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yes, I have. To quote Conan "enough talk"

We're lynching scum - because if we don't lynch scum we (and those pretending to be we) lose the game. It's up to scum to hit the recruiter, and they have inside information we don't that can effect the suspect pool even more now. Unless we're seriously expecting some super awesome revelation I say it's time to make them try to puzzle out their best shot.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Magua »

Who do you think that best shot is, Thor?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hindu.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”