Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Thomith »

Thomith wrote:
effortless wrote:I'm accusing lizk because I feel like she might actually be a good candidate to lynch, depending on her answers.

You can't call one person out for something and label them scum when others did the same thing. This heightens my suspicions of you.

Also @
ozzie
the first few pages of votes are basically just throwing accusations around and trying to find things that are scummy to make people slip up from too much pressure.

EBWOP
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.

I have a Micro Normal currently Ongoing.
effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:42 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:
effortless wrote:I'm accusing lizk because I feel like she might actually be a good candidate to lynch, depending on her answers.

You can't call one person out for something and label them scum when others did the same thing.
This heightens my suspicions of you.

Also @ above the first few pages of votes are basically just throwing accusations around and trying to find things that are scummy to make people slip up from too much pressure.

Of course I can, and I already explained my reasoning behind it. Please go back and read it if you missed it. You can disagree, even my reasons are wrong or even suspicious, but you don't get to ignore them.

lizk000 wrote:c) like i said, I'm a complete newbie. I haven't been posting much because I'm not really sure yet what to say or post,
not
because i'm scum. since it's the first day and we don't have any information yet from a night, I just really don't have too much to say.
my vote for ozzie was just random, but since effortless is trying to get everyone else to attack me...
UNVOTE: ozzie
VOTE: effortless

If you're town posting what you think is always better than not posting anything about the game.

BTW did you see this post:

effortless wrote:
So I have some direct questions to lizk:

Did you read all the posts before you posted?
Was there anything that stood out?
If yes, why didn't you comment on them?

I mean before posting your answers to Haylen's questions and voting ozzie.

And I have a couple of more, if you don't mind:

Do you think I'm mafia?
Why?

Get well :)
Nope
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Thomith »

You don't get it You can't label one person scum for something but let somebody slip past without calling them scummy. I don't buy this as legit, i want to lynch you.

Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount 1.3

Effortless [3] (Thomith, Ozzie72, lizk000)

ozzie72 [1] (Haylen)
saldyn [1] (TravisB)
TravisB [1] (Gen_wolf)
Gen_wolf [1] (saldyn)
lizk000 [1] (Effortless)

Not Voting [1] (Hazard With a Glove)

Deadline:
August 24th, 9PM EST
Prodding: No one.

With nine players alive, it will take five votes to lynch!
Last edited by Flameaxe on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:21 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:You don't get it You can't label one person scum for something but let somebody slip past without calling them scummy. I don't buy this as legit, i want to lynch you.

They didn't do exactly the same thing, the differences were significant. And yes, if I think someone is fairly suspicious I won't necessarily point out someone else who is only a little suspicious. Even if what they did is superficially(!) similar.

I already explained this on the last page. I never found out if you disagreed with my reasoning or just missed it.
Nope
Ozzie72
Ozzie72
Townie
Ozzie72
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Ozzie72 »

Thomith wrote:
Thomith wrote:

You can't call one person out for something and label them scum when others did the same thing. This heightens my suspicions of you.

Also @
ozzie
the first few pages of votes are basically just throwing accusations around and trying to find things that are scummy to make people slip up from too much pressure.

EBWOP

Right, I get that. Like I said, that's to be expected, it just seemed more scattered than usual. Okay, carry on...
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Thomith »

the difference is slight, ozzie made one line more but you dont call him out, and sal only posted a vote but you called neither out.

effortless wrote:I never found out if you disagreed with my reasoning or just missed it.

Guess.

effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:40 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:the difference is slight, ozzie made one line more but you dont call him out, and sal only posted a vote but you called neither out.

No, the difference, isn't counted in number of lines. lizk's post fits perfectly to someone who's actively trying to avoid attention.
I just didn't get the same vibe from ozzie or saldyn.

effortless wrote:I never found out if you disagreed with my reasoning or just missed it.

Guess.[/quote]

So why ignore it then? You obviously didn't fully understand my thought process, yet at some point you just stopped caring.
Nope
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Thomith »

effortless wrote:lizk's post fits perfectly to someone who's actively trying to avoid attention.

Guess what lizk did exactly what you did in your first 2 posts, so are you calling yourself scummy for doing what lizk did now? and before you say you didn't i will show it to you.

Your first post was a random vote and your second was answering questions

lizk's first post was a random vote and answering questions.

You did the same thing.

effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:46 am

Post by effortless »

effortless wrote:
Thomith wrote:the difference is slight, ozzie made one line more but you dont call him out, and sal only posted a vote but you called neither out.

No, the difference, isn't counted in number of lines. lizk's post fits perfectly to someone who's actively trying to avoid attention.
I just didn't get the same vibe from ozzie or saldyn.

Thomith wrote:

Guess.

So why ignore it then? You obviously didn't fully understand my thought process, yet at some point you just stopped caring.

EBWOP
Nope
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Haylen »

My vote wasn't OMGUS, actually. It was because I can't stand numbers :P You're numbers were more difficult to type than any of the others.

I do wonder why Lizk did not explain his vote, or why he random voted twice.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:04 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:
effortless wrote:lizk's post fits perfectly to someone who's actively trying to avoid attention.

Guess what lizk did exactly what you did in your first 2 posts, so are you calling yourself scummy for doing what lizk did now? and before you say you didn't i will show it to you.

Your first post was a random vote and your second was answering questions

lizk's first post was a random vote and answering questions.

You did the same thing.

lizk's behaviour is suspicious because it seems like she's trying to avoid attention.

Even if I did the same I obviously couldn't be doing it to avoid attention.

I had a hypothesis of why lizk was posting the way she did. The only way to check if other explanations fit too is to get her to post more and put her under some pressure.
It's not a behaviour that's exclusive to scum, but it's a good place to start.

In the end it comes down to this: Is lizk trying to avoid attention, while trying to look somewhat active at the same time?
I think she does, and I think that's a good reason to vote for her.

I think your logic is forced but you put so much effort into it that you ended up convincing yourself.
Nope
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Thomith »

effortless wrote:Even if I did the same I obviously couldn't be doing it to avoid attention.

Ok you do the same thing as someone who you are calling out scum for their first post but you did the exact same thing in your first posts. Now explain how that isn't "trying to avoid attention" if you did the same thing as lizk.

effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:21 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:
effortless wrote:Even if I did the same I obviously couldn't be doing it to avoid attention.

Ok you do the same thing as someone who you are calling out scum for their first post but you did the exact same thing in your first posts. Now explain how that isn't "trying to avoid attention" if you did the same thing as lizk.

My first two posts could have been to avoid attention or it could have been for some other reason. My other 16 posts obviously weren't a clever attempt to try to avoid attention. So it's reasonable to conclude that I'm not actually trying to avoid attention.

Liz's first post could have been an attempt to try to avoid attention or it could have been for some other reason. Her second post continued the same pattern.

Haylen: Liz didn't random vote twice. Her first vote for Ozzie may have been random but the vote on me was definitely OMGUS.
Nope
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Thomith »

liz's second post was answering the questions YOU asked. So answering your questions is avoiding attention?
UNVOTE: for now because i didn't relise effortless was L-2 already. IGMEOY though.

effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:33 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:liz's second post was answering the questions YOU asked. So answering your questions is avoiding attention?
UNVOTE: for now because i didn't relise effortless was L-2 already. IGMEOY though.

Do
you
think she's trying to avoid attention?
Nope
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Thomith »

No i don't. She did what most others did in her first post and answered questions directed at her in her second.

effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:40 am

Post by effortless »

Thomith wrote:No i don't. She did what most others did in her first post and answered questions directed at her in her second.

Interesting. I'd guess that doing something that's "expected" is a way of avoiding attention.

And I'm not sure she directly answered my questions or just said why she didn't post much.
Nope
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

If i could add my 2 cents in here, I personally feel Effortless answered his questions well, and I know you are all going to think im defending him because he defended me, as was pointed out earlier by someone... So right now i struggle to see Effortless as scum and I see the point he was trying to get across I however feel he is wrong.

As for Thomith, i've been watching you closely since the beginning! You've been very active but your very quick to accuse people for the smallest things, your also very quick to change votes and jump from one person to the next! You've also been asking all the questions and attacking everyone which is very scum like i feel... Earlier you stated:

Thomith wrote: I want to lynch you

Yet now your the one withdrawing your vote because "He is to close to being lynched" you had a very quick change of mind for someone who was sure of there decision???
Hazard with a Glove
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Hazard with a Glove
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Hazard with a Glove »

Wolf's post i very much agree w/. You wanted to lynch, but now u back off. Wtf? And IMO, page 3 is FAARRRR to early to have decided a lynch. We've just started playing.
I have not yet begun to procrastinate
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Thomith »

The reason why i unvoted was because i relised that a lynch on page 4 is too early. Also me jumping from one person to the next is me trying to put pressure on things i see scummy, i guess i could have done it a different way but i didn't. Also you would be suprised how many of the "smallest things" are usually what scum do.
I do feel that liz could have explained the vote better and i would like to see the reasoning. Feel free to question me on anything else.

Ozzie72
Ozzie72
Townie
Ozzie72
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Ozzie72 »

I'll be AFK this evening as my daughter is celebrating her successful participation in a stage production of "The Wizard of Oz." However, before I go I'll also give a little breathing room to effortless so that we have time to explore other suspects.

UNVOTE: effortless
lizk000
lizk000
Townie
lizk000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by lizk000 »

effortless wrote:You don't know exactly why I voted lizk. You have a vague idea, but no more. So no, 3 people have not done the same thing I'm voting lizk for.

As multiple other people have already pointed out, when you first voted for me, saldyn and ozzie had done pretty much the exact same thing as I had done. So when you say that other people don't know exactly why you voted me, that they only have a vague idea, how is it possible that you have anything more that a vague idea either? There is nothing more than just ideas at this point of the game, so what is the point of acting on one of those ideas so strongly while you leave other ideas (such as the other people who were quiet) ignored.

effortless: "No, the difference, isn't counted in number of lines. lizk's post fits perfectly to someone who's actively trying to avoid attention.
I just didn't get the same vibe from ozzie or saldyn." (sorry! i haven't figured out how to put multiple quotes in one post :? )

You didn't get the same
vibe??
what's that supposed to mean? Did i not use enough smiley faces or punctuation or something else?

I agree with what saldyn previously posted about effortless defending gen and attacking me so hard looking slightly scummy.
and also,
while I appreciate tomith's defense, the amount that tomith and effortless have been directly arguing with each other, and almost only each other, makes me wonder if they are purposefully trying to separate themselves from one another..?

My last bit of opinion for the moment was that it was really interesting to me how tomith had been defending me (or at least disagreeing with effortless's reasoning) for quite a few posts, but the second that someone put a little bit of pressure on him he automatically switched not to attacking me, but definitely stopped defending me. why the sudden switch?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Thomith »

I wasn't defending you if it seemed like it, i was attacking effortless. I already explained why i switched, the "wagon" which was originally for me to build pressure on effortless starting going too fast which i did not really want. The "i want to lynch you" was not legit, it was to try to put pressure on effortless so they would answer the questions and not ignore them because not thinking they were important.

Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

lizk000 wrote:
while I appreciate tomith's defense, the amount that tomith and effortless have been directly arguing with each other, and almost only each other, makes me wonder if they are purposefully trying to separate themselves from one another..?

QFT

I have been thinking that as well, I was going to give it a bit of time and see how much longer it would of gone on for, but I have been noticing it too... Its very suspicious that so early on you could be having such a go at each other... It also allows for Thomith to withdraw his vote because his partner in crime was close to being voted out and it worried him!

As for Thomith, it doesnt say much for your credibility the fact your

[quote="Thomith']The "i want to lynch you" was not legit[/quote]

Does that mean we cant trust anything else you have said up to this point as this is clearly a false threat and could mean that anything else you have said is also not true??? Also why would he think your questions arn't important, is it because you two are scum trying to make each other look innocent???

Very suspicious Mr Thomith!!!!!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”