Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Oh and my buddying is being nice to a girl I just got finished winning a game together with for 2 posts when I get into a game?

So I'm like, not allowed to make friends on MafiaScum?

Well that sucks.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Pushing for an inactivity lynch over a scum lynch.

No. I was pushing for a scum lynch. Thet scum just also happened to be inactive.

If I saw someone scummier, I would push for their lynch, which honestly I do see someone scummier now, but in order for me to push for their lynch, you're going to accuse me of OMGUSing. I don't feel like feeding the trolls.
Show
Join Now!

Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Scumhunter wrote:Substrike, I'm buddying Whiskers harder than almost anyone, why aren't you going after me then too? Is it that you think Maruchan will be an easier ML target?

Honestly I don't see your buddying Whiskers, but if you really want me to I can re-read.

As Maruchan so helpfully pointed out, "buddying" in my mind is not the accepted definition on Mafiascum, so I'm not really sure what relationship I'm trying to point out. I believe Maruchan is assuming a role that's attempting to help defend and save Whiskers, and they are scum buddies.

My biggest thing w/ Panacea was the posts I criticized before I went on V/LA for the weekend. Which I currently don't care all that much about. But it's posts 212, 216 and 217. As I said, it's my weakest by far of the 3 reads, but I always assume a 3 person scumteam in mini-normals unless I'm given a reason to believe otherwise.

For Maruchan:

Substrike22 wrote:Also UNVOTE: Unvote
VOTE: Whiskers

Whiskers wrote:
But I'm going to be honest and say, "No: I was fucking afraid."
It's Day 1. My personal main goal is to not get lynched.
I'm not going to hammer willy nilly or anything, but if we're about to lynch a scumspect of mine and I feel threatened for some reason, I will save myself over somepony who is not confirmed (to me) town.

Whiskers wrote:He's being replaced, if I understand correctly-- in fact, his slot is up for grabs in the Mini Normal sign-up thread.

"OMG outting PRs is bad" syndrome-- we have an open game where every player has a unique role, and we have that in town. MAssclaim is obviously better for town, but...

Substrike22 wrote:Quote 1) Personal survival is unimportant to any town role unless they're a PR and/or a survivor. Since I very much doubt the latter, and the former has been claimed by bobsnox, I find it suspect that your primary motivation for not dying was simply survival.
2) Bit of rolefishing combined with the suggestion for a massclaim on day 1. Also I would not trade a cop for a scum on d1.
3) "Hey I really dislike your style of play which I would normally find scummy but I know you're not scum because I'm scum and I know my team and you're not on it. I really really hope I'm right about that."

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the case, that is my case.
So how about my scumclaim, hm?

Pedit: Of course you're allowed to make friends. In regards to the second above post, you're already OMGUSing so why not throw the vote on anyways? Afraid to look scummy?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

A scum lynch based on 7 posts and 5 days of inactivity, including a replacement search?
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Like I said, I found someone I would much rather lynch today. :)

and no. I'm not OMGUSing. At first, I thought you were just dense about the whole whiskers getting mad about your fake vig hit.

I honestly could care less what you think of me because I think your scum and therefore your opinion of me is completely fabricated to assist you in winning the game.

So long as I don't get lynched today, you can do whatever you want to me. lynch me tomorrow for all I care. I just want to see bob's report tomorrow before I die. After that, you can lynch me all you want.
also as per your finally quoted posts.

SO you're basing your entire scum feeling on Whiskers, who you have been pushing for SINCE BEFORE THE GAME STARTED, based on two posts she made, WITHIN THE PAST THREE DAYS?!?!?

uhm no. Post what had your vote on her early on in the game, and any other scum reads you have. if you can't then why have you been gunning for her so hard for so long?

As per your points listed, 1. Idgaf if you're town or scum, you don't want to die. Dying as scum means you're probably more likely to lose. Dying as town means you're out of the game and no longer get to enjoy the experience. If someone ISN'T scared shitless when they're getting lynched, I'd be worried. That means they are up to something, and they WANT to die. It usually means their partner is bussing them, or they have some role whose action takes place upon their death. So you do have a point. She did have a rather high sense of self-preservation. I find that a null read. if she hadn't had a high sense of preservation, I would have found it scummy. Also you're whole pr/scum theory. How do you know she isn't PR? Is there some rule that says there is one town-aligned player that isn't Vanilla Townie? I must have missed the memo, as I have played many games with multiple PRs.

Your second point, she already cleared up with saying that she was quoting her attitude from a previous game. I believe this is the one you said you conceded on? And you're whole "not trade cop for scum d1" is complete personal opinion. If I was in a game, where there was guaranteed no more than 1 cop, no bastard modding, and no fake role PMs were given, and two people claimed cop seriously Day 1, I would be gunning for lynching one of them. If you hit the mafia, you can have a doctor on the real cop, or if you hit the real cop, any interactions the fake one made the day before with other players can be carefully scrutinized to find their partners. Personal preference of play style does not a scum-tell make.

Point 3, I already clarified this.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Post by Maruchan »

also, before you use me being willing to die tomorrow as a scum-point, remember that you're the one that said townies shouldn't be afraid to die.
Show
Join Now!

Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Still missing my scum claim.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Ah sorry you're right. That would have been this post where you told us you were scum.
Show
Join Now!

monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 am

Post by monk »

Maruchan!!! You know you've painted a bullseye on yourself with your whatever the hell it was, right? not to mention the whole fight with substrike wtf dude, I mean seriously! If you are town you are being anti-town and should pull your freaking head in. In fact
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maruchan
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Tovarish »

Jesus, I think I would have wound up better informed, happier, and an altogether better person if I spent the time I did reading the last round of wall-wars on a pony thread instead. And truth be told, I've had more than enough of other games- whether it's people getting this game mixed up with others or insinuating that what they did in other games has any bearing on this one. to such an end I shall
vote- Maruchan
. The fact that you didn't know what game you were playing doesn't make me think you're town- it makes me think you're dumb. There is NO REASON at all you should lynch a person before he's been given a chance to claim, and doubly so when there's the possibility that he could be replaced.

Also, Maruchan watch your tone. Spastic reactions almost brought Whiskers to the chopping block, and he at least had the decency to be funny while he did it.

I am going to count your vote, but please put your vote on a seperate line so that I can see it easier.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Friend »

Can you guys look at Music's ISO again and please tell me that that guy's not scummier than Maruchan?
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Tovarish »

Yes I can.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Maruchan »

lol M'kay, lynch me guys, I honestly don't care. If you want to sheep substrike like no other.
Show
Join Now!

Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Noramp »

Maruchan is perhaps being anti town and annoying but I'm not sure that he's scum. He's coming off as frustrated new town to me. The whole fight seemed to be between town.
UNVOTE: I'll take Music off of L-1 seeing as it isn't really helping anything as we wait for a replacement.

However, monk's last post comes off as feigning frustration which only scum would have to do.
Yarr Owlbear!
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Tovarish »

Maruchan- You're at a whopping L-5 and you're already refusing to defend yourself? I'm willing to see the town oblige you.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 am

Post by Whiskers »

Tovarish wrote:Jesus, I think I would have wound up better informed, happier, and an altogether better person if I spent the time I did reading the last round of wall-wars on a pony thread instead. And truth be told, I've had more than enough of other games- whether it's people getting this game mixed up with others or insinuating that what they did in other games has any bearing on this one. to such an end I shall
vote- Maruchan
. The fact that you didn't know what game you were playing doesn't make me think you're town- it makes me think you're dumb. There is NO REASON at all you should lynch a person before he's been given a chance to claim, and doubly so when there's the possibility that he could be replaced.

Also, Maruchan watch your tone. Spastic reactions almost brought Whiskers to the chopping block, and he at least had the decency to be funny while he did it.

Lolwut?
Let's start at the bottom.
I was not being funny. I was being serious. Any funny is something that you injected into the situation.
Also, when did it almost get me to the chopping block??

If there is NO REASON why you can't lycnh a lurker who hasn't claimed, when he wil be replaced, then you're fucked, every player, Every player EVERY player EVERY PLAYER will just stop and replace out when it gets to near time to die. Bulls Shit.

His mix up with another game has no impact on whether or not he is town. You also think he is dumb. Cool, but unrelated?

Yeah, that's probably true, but you're playing mafia instead.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Scumhunter »

eh,
unvote
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

Substrike22 wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
Substrike22 wrote:I already posted the posts I found scummy about whiskers

also, no you have not. We asked you in posts 341 and 342. Every post made by you since then has been about ME. you have not yet answered me or whiskers' question.

What do you find scummy about bob?
OSHI IM ASKIGN A QUESTION IN BOBS DEFENSE!! LOOKS LIKE I BUDDIED HIM!!!! ME AND BOB ARE SCUMTEAM!!!

What do you find scummy about friend?
OSHI I ASKED A QUESTION IN FRIEND'S DEFENSE!!!!!!! LOOKS LIKE I BUDDIED HIM!!!! ME AND FRIEND ARE SCUMTEAM!!!!

Heyyy I could be a fucking dick too,
I just choose not to be
What? Where!? I missed it.
Substrike22 wrote: Also your wikiquote definitely shows your pro-ness.
Bullshit, it shows Nothing! How does explaining something via a wikiquote show something?
Substrike22 wrote:And I definitely didn't spend 2-3 posts prior to you two grilling me on what I found scummy about Whiskers explaining what I found scummy about Whiskers, in an easy to follow 3 point guide.
Again, I totally missed this. I'll go back to look
Substrike22 wrote: One point I conceeded, the other two of which still remain valid in my mind.

And once I do, I'll come back and fix the problem.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Whiskers »

While I do, what do you think of a Substrike22, Tovy, Monk team?
Just for speculation. I know some players have had suspicions of Monk, I've got a bad gut feeling about Tovy. I don't know what to do about substrike, but hes the other player to vote for Maruchan.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Whiskers »

Substrike22 wrote:1) Obviously. But given the lack of a counter claim at this point, Occam's Razor suggests that Bobsnox is in fact the Sheriff.
2) If it's not rolefishing (which it still looks like to me, you're setting up PR's to have to come out and contradict you, because you're like "well in an open game," which as you just admitted, this is not...) it's a terribly bad set of assumptions.
3) Fair enough on that one.

This?
Point 1: Conceded. Sure, with no CC forthcoming, bobsnox could very well BE a cop. ..."The Sheriff?" Where did that come from?
This is not scum-proof.
Point 2: Don't know how it's setting up PRs to contradict me, unless you mean yourself. I specifically said that the scenario would work in an open game.
In fact, in this game even WITH a counter claim, bobsnox and the CC could still both be cops. This is a closed game.
This is not scum-proof.
Point 3: I don't know what this was, but you let it go, so w/e. Whatever it is, it's probably a big deal and we need to keep an eye on you for attacking players because of this in the future, so we can lynch you for inconsistency or some bullshit.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:27 am

Post by Whiskers »

Also, I've got a great little post that I wrote up last night, it's full of rage and hate and it was from three pages ago. I fell asleep waiting for my internet to start working again. Would you like to hear it?

I just need one "yes" and I'll post it.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 am

Post by Tovarish »

Show us.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Tovarish »

You were at L-2, refusing to defend yourself, and playing Deadmouse. The fact that MusicNinja had checked out long before the degree of scrutiny he now suffers is indicative of him not following your schema, Whiskers.

Maruchan used that as an explanation for calling for an earlier lynching. He needs a better excuse than what he's offered us.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Whiskers »

I would have called for an earlier lynching because there was no activity in the game.
One rage post coming up:
Warning: prsonal insults and stuff ahead. Read with a pinch of salt, or, you know, what ever.
Spoiler: RANT.
Scumhunter wrote:I know I said I thought MusicNinja was scummy based on the few things he had said when I posted reads, but I don't find his actions necessarily meriting a L-1 wagon really.
Then unvote. are you voting him?
Scumhunter wrote: I mean he has made 7 posts and been mostly inactive. Granted he hasn't been much of a help to town, but I don't know, I feel scum would probably be more frantic so as not to get lynched or something.
Good, good, I get what you;re saying, and I agree.
Scumhunter wrote:Meh, he could be just a lazy scum who got bored of the game and decided not to give a crap.
Then he doesn't deserve to play with me and I will fucking blacklist him and make as well sure as I can that I never have to suffer through a game with him ever again. He signed up to play the game. Play the game. Play the fucking game.
Scumhunter wrote:I do that sometimes.
Nope, this is where you lost me.
Scumhunter wrote:Something about this wagon feels a bit off to me. Too many eager jumpers on to this wagon with not enough evidence imo.
Sure! Why not? We don't have great evidence, but we don't have eveidence why he might be town either. I really like the idea of "He could be just a lazy scum who got bored of the game and decided not to give a crap." Why do I like that? Because it means that I can hang him. Really, there isn't a good exccuse to lynching town, but since he refuses to play a game he agreed to play, since he's breaking a social contract, breaking a promise to me, and all of the other players, but especially To Me, I'm going to say, he's scum. A Town-aligned player wouldn't lurk, wouldn't leave, Town players are town
PLAYERS
. Whether or not he is a Mafia-aligned role, he is not a town player.

And that's my rant on all lurkers. Go die, lurkers. Burn in hell. (Except if you're mafia, when it's a totally legitimate tactic.)

Spoiler: More rage
bobsnox wrote:
Whiskers wrote:However, Bobsnox lynch won't happen today (probably), because he made a bullshit PR claim.
Your logic is poopy. If it's a bad claim I would be lynched. But it's not. So I'm wondering why you're insinuating that it's bad but you're not willing to lynch me. Don't want to mislynch the cop, eh scum?
Hey, cool, you've grown up a little!@ You're now talking like an Eight year old! We're so proud of you!
Blatant insults and appeals to emotion aside, No, YOUR logic is poopy. If it's a bad claim you may eventually be caught. We have no way of verifying your "not bad claim" unless we lynch you.
I believe it's bad, and I WOULD ge willing to lynch you. I'd feel a little un easy going into it, because you may Not be lying.
"Don't want to mislynch the cop, eh scum?" Well, if I WERE scum, then actually, I WOULD want to mislynch the cop. However, being town, I DON'T want to mislynch the cop, which is why my vote isnt' on you, and why I am hesitant to vote for you. One of the reasons, at least.
bobsnox wrote:I was sorta writing you off as overly aggressive town but now I'm really wondering if substrike's not right.
Where the fuck have I been "overly agressive"?
Also, "if substrike's not right" that's cool, if he'd make a case on me. I can play the same game he is playing:
"Ohohoho, substrike is scum! I Already said why! You should go and look for it!"

Now I am a master scum hunter, just like Substrike22. Highfive, Substrike, We're MASTER SCUMHUNTERS.
More rage from me,. Having cooled down a little since I wrote this, I'm making the desicion to post it anyway, so y'all have the insight into my mind, and know what I' thinking.

Hate for all this work to go to waste.
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Noramp »

Whiskers wrote:A Town-aligned player wouldn't lurk, wouldn't leave,

You can't possibly agree with this
Yarr Owlbear!