roxxy_velveteen
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Post by roxxy_velveteen »

Pie_is_good wrote:yes, and you want to lynch the active citizen first who might discover you, is that it?
not that at all, i just figured that people who have been given a role would tend to be more active than those that haven't been given a role . . .
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:18 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

roxy, the game wouldn't have started if not everyone has gotten their role and confirmed it.
roxxy_velveteen
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:36 pm

well, i meant, you know... a role other than a townie role.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:48 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

um... why? I want the mafia lynched as much as you do (unless you're scum...) so why not be active? The best scum strategy that I've seen work is to make a few accusations, post a few times, then sit back and watch the townies kill each other. THe more active you are, the more that strategy doesn't work. My vote remains until you explain what you were thinking.

also, a defense: Let's assume
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:48 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

um... why? I want the mafia lynched as much as you do (unless you're scum...) so why not be active? The best scum strategy that I've seen work is to make a few accusations, post a few times, then sit back and watch the townies kill each other. THe more active you are, the more that strategy doesn't work. My vote remains until you explain what you were thinking.

also, a defense: Let's assume
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:49 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

sorry, people: my first double post. Ignore the last part. I thought I could show that I wasn't scum, but I realized that I was wrong.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:43 pm

Post by blackhawk »

Are you saying you ly said youre mafia?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:51 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

what? I'm saying that I thought I could prove it to you all that I wasn't scum, but I realized it didn't really work. I'm not saying that I am scum; you can decide that for yourself. just my "proof" so that maybe more people could be convinced didn't work.
roxxy_velveteen
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:25 pm

Pie_is_good wrote:The best scum strategy that I've seen work is to make a few accusations, post a few times, then sit back and watch the townies kill each other.
how do we know then that you're not just trying to detract suspicion from yourself by doing the complete opposite of this strategy?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:43 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

because that strategy really would work very well. If I had only posted a few times to accuse after somebody else made themselves suspicious, I would be sitting here with 0 votes and nobody suspecting me. But that's not my best interest; if I do that then citizens will be lynched and lynched and lynched until it's just me and the scum left. Our only hope of winning is to go out on a limb to hopefully draw out the real mafia. So that's what I'm doing; and I'm telling you that so that maybe others can come with me.

BTW, R_V and MeMe, exactly what evidence do you have against me? The fact that I voted against myself and I cast an inactivity vote which I have since unvoted early on? I do not consider that nearly enough evidence to base a bandwagon on. If I'm wrong, please explain.

-pieisgood
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:41 pm

Post by MeMe »

Pie_is_good wrote:The fact that I voted against myself and I cast an inactivity vote which I have since unvoted early on? I do not consider that nearly enough evidence to base a bandwagon on.
Those things might not have been enough for a bandwagon, but they
are
enough for an early vote (which mine was). Since then, though, your posts have only gotten entertainingly weirder, making me pretty happy with my vote.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
roxxy_velveteen
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
roxxy_velveteen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:03 pm

pie, you're being almost too active... it seems like you've got something to hide.
Roxxy_V
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:00 am

Post by Banana Bob »

i'm just thinking about what he said about the mafia being not active and having to be a lurker to be sucessful (well not that but he said it's a good strategy)

I find that it is foolish for him to think that because players now a days target lurkers. And even then you're underestimating the scum because you think their offense is limited because there are many methods the scum can use. I think in one game where meme won as an SK. She make one accusation and then sit back and watch the chaos. She stay active and talked like a town with intentions otherwise, and it's this that basically got her the win.
Now you may think, she's an SK. It's every different to the mafia, but aren't their intentions the same, kill off everyone against her. So basically the strategy is the same.

I find it suspicious that you are going in such great depth to prove your innocence by a mere accusation of being active. You could easily have just said I like to be active because i'm into the game. But no you had to assume that the mafia will not be so active as a defense to yourself. Kinda like you are scum but have to make that point to make sure you are not suspicious.

vote: Pie_is_good
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:06 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Vote count, 4 to lynch

P_I_G 3 (MeMe, R_V, BB)
Max22 1 (Blackhawk)
R_V 1 (P_I_G)
Blackhawk 1 (UT)
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:14 am

Post by Banana Bob »

damn, only just remembered that i hadn't unvoted

so
unvote:Max22
vote: Pie_is_good
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:48 am

Post by blackhawk »

unvote; vote: pie_is_good
for BB's reasons and how you worded some of your posts
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:46 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

I seem to be lynched. I will make my one final attempt to not give the scum a leg up on us.

The activity thing- I wanted to give you as much proof as I can that I am a citizen. Should I say "I'm active because I like the game," that would provide no information whatsoever as to what I am. The argument I made still justifies me posting alot (BTW, I'm subscribed to the thread if that matters any) and also helps force the scum out of hiding.

Banana Bob- This is NEWBIE mafia. This is also my first ever online game. As such, I have judged my whole "inactivity strategy" off experiences in real life. In real life, you can sometimes read people when they're lying, so the way the mafia wins is not to say much at all. The way to make everybody talk is to have everybody coming out and saying something. I understand why that's not true in this game, but that's why I said what I said. I've also seen what runaway bandwagons can do. An early vote by MeMe wasn't too friendly. A second by roxxy is definetly the makings of a bandwagon.

Blackhawk: how I worded some of my posts? Does scum word posts differently? If so, I wasn't aware of that.

My reasons for my vote:

The 2 people who came out of the starting block with a bandwagon were MeMe and Roxxy. Of the two, Roxxy seems slightly more suspicious because of the whole "I'm too active" accusation, saying that it's because I have something to hide while never actually giving a through explination of why this makes me seem scummy.

questions, comments, feedback, whatever is welcome. Just don't make the lynch until you're sure.

-pieisgood
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:11 pm

Post by blackhawk »

Pie_is_good wrote:I thought I could show that I wasn't scum, but I realized that I was wrong.
thats what i thought was worded strangely
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:20 pm

Post by MeMe »

Pie_is_good wrote:questions, comments, feedback, whatever is welcome. Just don't make the lynch until you're sure.
I don't think there's any choice here, Pie. Four votes = lynch. You're dead.

But I do have a comment. Pie, I'm assuming from this post mortem post that you are, indeed, town. But on day one of a game with no night information, all any pro-town role has to go on is guts. To say "MeMe's vote wasn't friendly" and saying that I was part of a bandwagon is dangerous because you're attacking another pro-town role. Normally, it'd be nothing more than expressing your opinion...but as it's coming from someone who, in a few hours, will probably be exposed as innocent by the mod, your voice is one that can be trusted as not being
deliberately
misleading and will probably be exploited by scum.

Let me remind you that you voted for blackhawk for what you thought was a good reason...inactivity. I voted you for what I thought was a good reason...over-eagerness. Banana Bob followed your lead and placed a second vote on blackhawk. roxxy_v followed my lead and placed a second vote on you. So. Are you not very friendly? Is Banana Bob slightly suspicious? Or does two votes only look wrong when they're on YOU rather than blackhawk or anyone else?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:24 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

The reason I posted that was because I honestly thought I had something. But it turns out that it didn't quite work. You don't have any solid evidence that you aren't scum. Does that mean that you are scum? Not neccisarily. Does me not having a proof that works mean that I'm scum? Not neccisarily. That's not really evidence against me.

What I thought worked:

If I was in the mafia, I would be with one other person. It can't be MeMe, Roxxy, Blackhawk, or Banana Bob because they are voting for me. It can't be Untrod Tripod because I voted for him. It can't be Max22 because he was once voting for me. It's not Untrod Tripod because I was once voting for him. That makes everybody, so unless I'm scum with myself (impossible, as far as I'm concerned) I'm not scum.

That's the evidence I thought I had back then, but I realised that I didn't have proof on everybody. Now I do.

-pieisgood
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:27 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

MeMe, just saw your post.

It's not suspicious because I have since unvoted blackhawk. I killed the bandwagon personally.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:37 pm

Post by blackhawk »

Pie, your not correct, in my last game MeMe put the final vote on me when we were both mafia and guess what? Mafia ended up winning, so really anyone could be mafia,
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:51 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

decent. huh. I've never heard taht strategy before. Like I said, I am a mafia newbie and I am basing all evidence, accusations, etc. off of what I know in real life. In real life, that strategy doesn't work because a mafia-buddy is needed to survive; especially early on. Lynching them makes you lose a friend and people can still see through your lies and lynch you later on anyways, and you lose right then and right there. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my experience. Mafia is a game of strategy. Anyways, if that strategy is common knowledge, it doesn't work then, right? It only works on environments where it's a surprise, and since everybody knows it now, it's no longer effective

-pieisgood
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:34 pm

Post by MeMe »

Pie_is_good wrote:It's not suspicious because I have since unvoted blackhawk. I killed the bandwagon personally.
Pie, this entire game is about voting people who look suspicious -- and eventually enough people will vote the same person and that person will die. If you're the first person to vote someone...and that someone never does anything to make you want to unvote them and/or a better candidate doesn't arise...unvoting that person just to kill a bandwagon isn't commendable, it's cowardly.

Pro-town roles are
always
taking a risk that the person they vote for is also pro-town. That's the game and it's the only way the mafia has a chance to win it. A townie's job is to vote for the most suspicious person...and to not
be
the most suspicious person.

There was a day and a half between BB's third vote for you and blackhawk's lynching vote for you. I don't know why you didn't speak up during that time instead of now, when it's too late. This level of conversation would have been good
before
the sun set.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:05 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Arguments, arguments, but in the end there' no escaping the noose, and Pie_is_Good is now Pie_is Dead.

As you search his dead body, you find a gun. You know what? He was Pie_is_Bad, mafia scum. Congratulations.

Night falls, remaining scum, doctor and cop, send me your choices before Monday 9PM GMT.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”