Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Honest Abel »

There's nothing constructive to say about DCJ until he flips.

However, I still think DJ's reasoning is nonsense. If it's possible that there are two cops, all the more reason to lynch DCJ because we could have another anyway, assuming DCJ's claim were true. I don't understand how you see it the other way around. It's not more likely that there are two cops than one cop, it's a little less likely. But we're not talking about comparative likelihood. It's simply possible. Nobody in their right mind would have cc'd knowing that it's possible for there to be two cops, which invalidates your whole reason for defending him.
"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

early josh reads:

DCJ: leaning town
Kcda: leaning town
Nobody Special: Null/Town
projectmatt: Null/Scum

points to nsscum. leaves himself some wiggle room.

amor's 104 jumps on the donjosh counterwagon. vote seems based more on playstyle. at that time matt had actually listed some decent reasoning behind his donjosh vote.

abel wrote:Side note: Hey NS, I won your Newbie game 1092. That was a fun one, for me anyway.

^^ abel and ns are most likely not scum together.

early votecount wrote:projectmatt (4): SGRaaize, zMuffinMan, DonJosh, Amor [L-2]
DonJosh (4): Kcdaspot, don_johnson, projectmatt, Darkcoffeejazz [L-2]

matt is most likely town, making the wagon on josh almost exclusively town(if coffe flips town.)

abel copntinues to stay out of the discussion here, although i am not sure if his questions had been answered at that point. as scum, i would think he would jump on the matt wagon around now(post 111).

ns 113 answers abels questions but otherwise provides zero content and avoids taking a stand on either wagon, but does state that sleep was being voted for his pregame behavior, which as matt stated, was not all that scummy. in other words, ns voted sleep for the same reasons(though he doesn't state it explicitly) that josh voted sleep. the fact that sleep hadn't exhibited the said behavior was one of the first nails in josh's coffin.

in 114 abel peculiarly admits that he read the pre-game which doesn't fit with his "what is the pre-game?" confusion from earlier. hmph.

abel seems to be looking for a roundabout way of getting josh an excuse.

this time josh sheeps nobody.

abel 126 = fencesit.

more to come.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:43 am

Post by don_johnson »

Honest Abel wrote:There's nothing constructive to say about DCJ until he flips.

false. discussion can still be helpful.

abel wrote:However, I still think DJ's reasoning is nonsense. If it's possible that there are two cops, all the more reason to lynch DCJ because we could have another anyway, assuming DCJ's claim were true.

lynching cops is stupid. the idea is to lynch scum.

abel wrote: I don't understand how you see it the other way around. It's not more likely that there are two cops than one cop, it's a little less likely.

so?

abel wrote: But we're not talking about comparative likelihood. It's simply possible. Nobody in their right mind would have cc'd knowing that it's possible for there to be two cops, which invalidates your whole reason for defending him.

uh no. him not being cc'd is not my "whole" reason for defending him. try reading. i clearly stated why his claim was more than likely not fake. another cop isn't going to cc, maybe. but if he's fake claiming, then the other cop could simply investigate coffee at night. its a more productive way of finding out alignments/sanities/ etc. than just up and lynching the guy claiming cop. also, caught scum will generally claim protective roles more often than investigative roles imo, but thats just opinion and speculation based on my experience. so yeah.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:48 am

Post by don_johnson »

abel 126 also tries to tie matt and josh together as scum. a very nice way to string a mislynch onto your buddies lynch in case your plans go south.

has abel voted or pressured matt today?

133 is a good point by amor, but not overly town.

damn, out of time. if thread is still open later i'll continue.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Honest Abel »

don_johnson wrote:uh no. him not being cc'd is not my "whole" reason for defending him. try reading.
don_johnson wrote:Abel: dcj is uncc'd cop. Protecting him isnt scummy regardless of his flip. Lrn to play.
don_johnson wrote:Abel, he is uncc'd cop. Town is just as(if not more) likely to protect him in this situation regardless of his actual alignment. If you cant recognize that then you aren't learning.
Seems like your main reason here. And the main reason you find the time to call yourself obvtown. Rest harder on your laurels. Also, I would appreciate a little less condescension in each and every post you make.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Honest Abel »

don_johnson wrote:also, caught scum will generally claim protective roles more often than investigative roles imo, but thats just opinion and speculation based on my experience. so yeah.
That's generally my impression too, just based on the fact that there's no real way for them ever to get tripped up about their night actions. However, it seemed like DCJ planned his claim at the start of the game when he voted for jason just so that he could say he was trying to check his sanity. And claiming at L-2 just made it look like he was anxious to use his
great
strategy.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Not to mention actually wanting to follow through with a lynch of a random person just to check his own sanity seems a little out there. Really not very believable.

Based on the way he flipped out and hammered himself, seems like he's probably town, yeah. It still should be revealing looking why people voted for him or didn't vote for him.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 am

Post by don_johnson »

dj wrote:dcj claimed cop, he claimed early, which means he didn't lurk and hesitate and "craft a fakeclaim", which means his stupidity in his investigation choices is probably reality.

^^ this is what i'm talking about. the fact that he is uncc'd means just that. noone is disputing his claim of that particular role. regardless of set-up, and uncc'd power role is less desirable of a lynch than one of several other players acting scummy. especially when you have a day 1 scum wagon to read off of. if i sound condescending, its not intentional, its probably just because i'm better than you. ;)

there is really no reason to think dcj is going to flip anything other than town at this point, and waiting until the mod comes in and ends the day to post any thoughts is anti-town. the only players guaranteed to be alive in the morning are scum(barring vig kills), so if you want to help, start digging up some info. you can say i'm "resting on my laurels" all you want, but if dcj flips town(which he most likely will), then that means i'm 2 for 2 as opposed to your 0 for 2. it would behoove you to pay attention when someone who is reading the game correctly points things out to you when you are reading the game incorrectly. but i don't want to be condescending, so whatever.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Honest Abel »

If you sound condescending, it's probably because you keep saying I need to learn to play and/or read. ;) But no worries.

I agree that waiting for D3 certainly isn't protown. While you've been on the right bandwagon and off of the wrong one, your reasons about DCJ still aren't quite convincing. If the goal of this game were to be more correct than everyone else, you might win. Hoping the thread is still open when I get home so I can look at your reasons for being on the DJ wagon.
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Honest Abel »

People should also post quick reads/rankings before the day ends if possible.

More town toward the top, more scum toward the bottom. Above the first line is town, between the two lines is null, below the second line is scum:

Kcdaspot
Amor
————————
SGRaaize
izakthegoomba
don_johnson
————————
projectmatt
NS
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Amor »

lol emovoting

Honest Abel wrote:People should also post quick reads/rankings before the day ends if possible.

More town toward the top, more scum toward the bottom. Above the first line is town, between the two lines is null, below the second line is scum:

Kcdaspot
Amor
————————
SGRaaize
izakthegoomba
don_johnson
————————
projectmatt
NS

Stuff like this just gives a guide to the scum as to who to kill.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
Honest Abel
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Honest Abel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Honest Abel »

Okay. Never heard that before, so tell me how and why it's a bad idea. Also why would anyone make decisions based off of my reads?
ÔÇöJoseph Heller,
Catch-22
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:34 am

Post by GMan »

LYNCH: Vote Count 2.10 (Final)

• Darkcoffeejazz (5): Nobody Special, Kcdaspot, Honest Abel, Amor, Darkcoffeejazz
  • Nobody Special (3): izakthegoomba, projectmatt, don_johnson
  • don_johnson (1): SGRaaize

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:37 am

Post by GMan »

Darkcoffeejazz,
Cop
, was lynched Day 2.

Night 2

Night 2 begins.

Deadline is Friday, August 12th 6:30PM EST
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by GMan »

Day 3

It's another beautiful morning in the town, but sadly yet another tainted by murder. There's a shriek and the town gathers round to find another body.

don_johnson,
Vanilla Town
, was killed Night 2.

Players Alive

projectmatt
Amor
Kcdaspot
Big Sleep
Honest Abel
SGRaaize
bv310
izakthegoomba
Nobody Special

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Day 4 Deadline is Thursday September 9th, 7:30PM EST ((expired on 2011-09-09 19:30:00) to go).
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Vote: Nobody Special
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by projectmatt »

That was a serious vote, by the way. And not a pressure one. Nobody Special is obviously scum based off of yesterday alone. I can elaborate deeply if you need me to. I re-read the entire thread during the night and to the tune of DCJ cursing me out, I'm not convinced KDCA is scum at all, and Honest is whatever. Those were the two primary people who tunneled on DCJ. I am only relatively sure on this one.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Of course, of course.

Vote: matt

Please, elaborate.
Deeply.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by projectmatt »

On it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

D1:

You've already seen most of NS's d1 play. It was bad, but not "scumlynch" bad. This post from d1, however, is very very important:

Don't feel bad. I usually don't get anything of substance until Day 2.

Cool.

Let's jump right to d2.

Wait actually, one more thing, near the end of d1. This is also IMPORTANT.

You simply cannot know this unless you're scum.

I'll listen to whatever cockamamie excuse you want to try and have us believe, though.

Nah.

I think you're scum.

Can I have whatever it is you're smoking?

This is directed towards KDCAspot, in case you forgot. It was Nobody Special catching KDCAspot on a slip and pointing it out. Just keep that in mind for me. I swear to god there's a point with it. Alright? Alright.

D2:

I don't know what you guys are expecting from me.

Hi.

Oh, FFS -- the day JUST STARTED.

I'm SO not a morning person.

First two posts. These are fine.

Let's keep going.

What the holy fuck.

No, seriously.

What. The. Fuck.

Vote: Darkcoffeejazz

THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS.

Nobody Special attacks and votes DCJ for being confused about the role of miller.

Strawman.

Whether you choose to play Over There or not, currently, you're involved in a game Right Here.

If you can't be bothered to find out how the game works here then you should perhaps bow out. This is incredibly anti-town. Thus, my vote. Which will remain.

A note to Nobody Special - ANTI-TOWN DOES NOT EQUATE TO SCUM. IT EQUATES TO SOMEBODY DOING SOMETHING THAT IS AGAINST THE TOWN. However, we are searching for the people who are scum, not the people who are playing mistakenly. You ignore DCJ's tells in favor of his confusions with mechanics.

Pushy, aren't you.

(I'm stepping away for a short bit. I need to regroup and re-read and, oh yeah, apologize)

After getting called out for using terrible logic, this is his response. It's a bad attack and a withdrawal of anything Nobody Special had done before. Also, he doesn't un-vote.

Two days later

KCDA: Am I scum for the same reason that DCJ is town?

Will address the rest later tonight or tomorrow.

You're too emotional to play Mafia.

(Like I'm one to talk.)

Hey, he has the time to make posts misrepping people who are making walls on him, but he takes (so far) three days to respond to one fucking accusation.

A few hours later..

I have to read. You guys post too much. What's your rush, anyway, we've got A MONTH (almost).

THEN READ.

Amor, I don't leave things till the last minute (well, not always...). I'm watching, and reading. There's something specific I'm waiting for Kcda to say, and he hasn't said it yet. Not sure if he will, and I don't yet want to ask him directly.

This is something important:
His read on KDCAspot completely disappears until it's brought up again. I mean seriously.

At the start of the day he doesn't even fucking address KDCA. He attacks DCJ for a lack of reason. He asks KDCA one question then goes away. This is the literal definition of feigning reads.

Okay, because I'm rather short on time right now, I'll just ask again.

KCDA: Am I scum for the same reason that DCJ is town?

YOU ARE NOT SHORT ON TIME. YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING AND POSTING AND POSTING USELESS FILLER WHILE CLAIMING YOU ARE "GOING" TO READ.

Please, please explain to me how this is a scumtell.

I'll grab the popcorn.

Another example of him misrepping anytime he was even remotely suspected. In fact, look a few posts above me. He clearly does it again.

KC, if you're really the Cop, claim it. I was trying to figure out if you were or not. (That was my question I wasn't asking earlier.)

1. Why were you expecting KDCA to casually claim cop? You were waiting for him to say something? You were waiting for him to go "oh, I'm cop btw". I ..
2. This is his first post in a while since the one I quoted above. Shows no sign at scumhunting, questioning DCJ or even caring.

I don't really like the way you affix such absolute labels on people.

Why is Amor town?

Only post by NS this entire game that I can give credit to. He actually is questioning.

I'm happy with my vote. Why aren't the rest of you voting DCJ? It's a great lynch.

WHY DO YOU THINK DCJ IS A GREAT LYNCH WHEN YOU HAVEN'T DIRECTLY INTERACTED WITH HIM FOR ONE MOMENT IN THE GAME? Sorry. I'll try to turn caps lock off. But this is feigned scumhunting and feigned reads. He asked a question, which appeared to be scumhunting, then never made a read on it or never elaborated on why he asked it.

If it remains unreplaced long enough, the Mod should Modkill it.

Back to filler after a long time of absence.

Oh, and then in the last two and a half pages he completely disappears. Completely.

Conclusion:

I'm not even going to bother listing the scumtells. This is not town play. This is scum play. It is not town play to randomly spew loads of filler without any context at all. It is not town play to claim you are "going to re-read, catch up and say sorry" then never do anything revolving it again. It is not town play to completely shut up near the end of the day and don't even appear remotely interested in scumhunting. It is not town play to mock anybody who has the smallest suspicion of you.

It is scum play.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Yeah, keep smoking whatever that is.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok, since I didn't get round to doing this before DCJ's (stupid, overdramatic, arguably blacklistable) self-hammer... It's time to bust out the Scumdar!

Amor - 4/10

I just get a townie-ish feel.

Kcdaspot - 4/10

The playstyle seems very confident to say the least, and I get the feeling that this is not a playstyle that would (or could) be effectively used by scum. I also feel that his posts are town-motivated for the most part.

Honest Abel - 5/10

I find Abel rather frustrating to try to get a read from. Nothing really sticks out as scummy, or townie. I'll be looking at him more in the future.

SGRaaize - 5/10

I don't have a lot to go on here. Looking at his ISO, it would be easy to put him down as a town read, but he hasn't really contributed much. His posts can be useful, but are often very short, and there's a fair bit of fluff. It all kind of balances out.

projectmatt - 6/10

His posts have a slight scumminess about them.

Nobody Special - 8/10

Need I say any more?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

VOTE: ns

make a case or die.

L-2 BTW
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

Go die in a hole DCJ.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
GMan
GMan
Goon
GMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by GMan »

Vote Count 3.1

• Nobody Special (2): projectmatt, Kcdaspot
    [L-2]

• projectmatt (1): Nobody Special