Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Rainbowdash wrote:
Loving the double vig kills.

Curious as to the source of this sentence.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yeaaa rainbow better get up in here with some convincing evidence?

1.) Seriously, everybody please quit with the pissing contest. I’m already tired of reading it, and from the looks of it, it’s only just started. If you want people to follow you, just post your reasons instead of trying to make yourself look awesome.

A pissing contest would sure imply I'm sold on him being town.

2.) I’ll need to think about glowball. I had a Town read on her through Day One, and so when she counter-claimed Umbrage and Umbrage flipped scum, I actually figured the scum didn’t have fake-claims. I had even planned on suggesting the possibility of a mass name-claim in the hopes scum don’t have fake-claims, but given glowball’s retraction, I no longer think it is appropriate.

diddin and SpyreX, where are you getting the assumption that scum have fake-claims?

It makes far more sense? Flavor heavy setups I always expect fakeclaims and when there's an obvious flavor-role connection via Andy's flip you damn well bet you're gonna see them.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by glowball »

"I don't know the lot of you and if you have what it takes to get things done."= MY ACTUAL QUOTE

"I don't know if the lot of you have what it takes to get things done"= YOUR CHOICE OF PARAPHRASING

I felt the need to repost this because a lot of lazy people skim and although both quotes are similar mine has a different feeling. A different suggestion and vibe. I do not like to be misrepresented. Maybe it isn't important to you, but how you phrase things can be very telling- Just as I learned that you read what you want to read. You have completely blocked out anything that you don't want- so speaking to you is like speaking to a wall. I feel myself sinking into these petty arguments over an internet game I am done for the night. I really try not to insult people personally, but I felt attacked- that is no excuse so I am sorry. I doubt that you will rise about that so, feel free to shout in the forum by your lonesome.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Glowball is town. Spyrex needs to die before endgame.

SpyreX wrote:

However, and I'll be that guy. This series of events and the oozing smarm makes me like glowball far LESS now. Its puppeteer. While not dead now remember that when we're farther along and OMG D1 lynch guyz is still alive. I'll admit its more paranoia than not but the idea of Bo Peep the fakeclaim / buddy CC is a high-risk / high reward manuever. We'll see how it goes.

I dont know what this says... in fact... I have a hard time reading anything Spy writes. Maybe thats why I just skip over his posts :/
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

PEREGINE, RESULTS NOW PLZ.

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Mod: When I asked about updating the player list, I was referring to adding PetroleumJelly and TheJakalope. It still reads Mb53 and DonJosh.

Bah I definitely changed it, I guess I never clicked submit. Fixed.

My vote for DonJosh originated as pressure. Don just flaked on questions asked at the time. He made promises to read the game and flaked. I don't like it when someone states, I'll post this great post and then just return to say ... You know what nevermind, I don't even know why I stated that.

I'm not going to jump on Umbrage as he's claimed BoPeep. I don't know if I support another player counter claiming this early in the game either just in case Umbrage is full of fluff

Remember though that just because Umbrage has claimed watcher doesn't mean that she couldn't be a mafia goon/watcher. I don't want to meta game,
but I see BoPeep as being a town player
until something else hints otherwise.

Unvote: DonJosh/PetroleumJelly

Snakeside I can't believe you missed this.

Vote: Nanook

I think Nanook was hoping NOT to get a CC since Umbrage was his Godfather. He says the reason for that was because "Umbrage may have been full of fluff" SO? Second underlined statement, he states Bopeep was a town player unless hinted otherwise. Therefore, he supported Umbrage's fake claim openly. (In a fence sitty manner)

I support a Hiraki lynch, a Nanook lynch, a Glowball lynch, a MB53 lynch, and a Mikehart Lynch. Person's of interest are Rainbow and Snakeside. Where's Bob? Chkflip needs to post his SUPER AWESOME CATCH UP because I haven't really seen it. I want to see the committment.

Diddin is still town. I really liked that Glowball vote. I feel that lie of hers could have netted her a ton of town cred, she didn't really have to do that.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:17 pm

*Btw, if you got an inno on someone, plz wait until later in the Day to state it. Just don't name the person.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Glowball
: I was about to say, you didn't really vote early when you first posted. I generally find you to vote late alot. I was going to bug you about it once before. Why haven't you voted earlier? (It makes it seem like you don't really THINK DJ/PJ is scum, and are instead just trying to pass it off as scumhunting, me no likey) Or rather, why don't you vote early often?

Spy
: I think Glow makes one good point. I have addressed this YeSterDay. Now, I fully expect you to come in and post more, I don't want you to come in occasionally and just vote like YeSterday. (Since you said that you get tired or something after so many pages :P )

Rainbow
: I haven't ever seen you address Mike Hart YeSterday, why the vote on him ToDay? I do support that wagon tho.

Ray Montano
: Why did you push for Beefster so late YeSterday?

Chkflip
: sup with that catch up bro?

Deathnote
: Why is Glowball town?

Nanook, y u lurkin?
Oyatsu Nuki
Blonde Doctor
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Blonde Doctor »

Hey guys! Sorry I'm a bit late with my start, but I just wanted to let you know I was here. : )

I'm working on catching up as soon as possible, but I just wanted to let you guys know my general theory on replacing into large/long games like this:
-I plan on ISOing the mod.
-I plan on ISOing my predecessor.
-I plan on rereading the last 10 pages.

Basically I don't think there's a whole lot else to get by reading a whole bunch of RVS and beginning-of-the-day stuff, and if people are vigilant in their cases, then they'll say everything I need to know about a player(s)/I'll see everything I need to know from the way they present their cases.

If there's anything pertinent you think I need to know, that would be more convenient than reading the first 35 pages, feel free to holla' at me and point it out.

See you soon!
~BD
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

SpyreX wrote:I'm waiting for a pony to bring me rainbows that make the world make sense.

Towntell is rough to figure out, and I haven't even started combing the thread where it actually is most likely to have exposed itself hard (I think around page 20?). While PJ (not DJ) did drop the tell, its weak because he was the other wagon, I still think that its a towntell though since it wouldn't be too difficult to have started up wagons on others apart from Umbrage, and the wagon was in a state of uncertainty after I jumped on it until it was hammered home in the next swing of votes. It comes down to me pushing on Umbrage for two teams, it really looks like there is only one team at this point. Scum probably would know that there is only one team and would have wanted to manipulate that fact into having someone else go before Umbrage because I had stated that it made him more likely than not town. PJ locked hard into the two scum theory when he came in and started pushing on Umbrage, in a scenario where the lynch was a distinct possibility but not a guarentee. I still need to go back and see what some other ponies reactions to this time was, because I would expect a comparison of DJ and Umbrage wagons, regardless of PJ alignment, to have a higher concentration of scum on the DJ wagon.

Glow claiming not Bo Peep is a little twitch of a moment as well since I actually have word for word in my notes that it would be an interesting gambit to try something like that, but I dunno, still have to say she is more likely then not town, but really needs to be receptive of other ponies giving reads.

@Glow - Chk is town beacuse of his play in response to me calling him out specifically to join the DJ wagon near the end of the day, which he did and then bounced off to push an entirely new path. It was a semi-threat saying that I viewed him as scum by offering him a free pass, as why would I need to offer one to a town read, and he responds by backing out and then pushing something that will likely not go anywhere. That reads as town since scum would have loved a counter to Umbrage (less PJ is scum) and if PJ is scum, I think he would have taken the best of a bad situation and been ready to move on.

@Peregrine - Prize claim and if applicable result claim time

For now though the lynch is mike

Early we get lots of really weak pushes on kendall, to rattle off a few of the fun ones
Four: In my opinion your attempts to seem pro town are over the top and I do find that scummy so there is your pinpoint.

Just because you aren't necessarily being anti town doesn't mean you aren't scummy or can't be scum trying to seem protown. Also, I haven't found all that much of your posting to be particularly good for the town either so your argument is null to me.

She seems like she's worried about being seen as scum and just reiterates over and over again that the scum won't like the fact that she is aggressive and noisy. She strikes me as scum who is doing everything in her power to appear protown instead of just being protown.

Now MAYBE its that I never have understood how anypony can distinguish trying too hard to be town from actually, being town, but this just seems like weak arguements. He just continues to poke at her, and continue to come to the conclusion that she is scummy, yet no vote. Side point, I would be pretty happy nuking the entire kendall wagon from early on, going to have way more than just Umbrage there. At the same time though, she apparently is not scum?

I unvoted to remove my RVS vote and didn't/don't feel that kendall is a good lynch. I FoSed her because I found her play suspicious and wanted some discourse on the subject. I never intended to start a BW on her, but to air out my suspicions. Her reactions still don't sit well with me and I will keep an eye on her but I don't feel she is a good lynch for Day 1. I find her scummy, not scum. There is a key distinction and that's why I am not voting her.

What I really dislike here is that nothing else has happened from mike the entire game. He is entirely caught up on kendall, yet only sees her as antitown/scummy (here I was thinking scummy=scum) but there isn't any attempt to even find other scum. He also seems to keep pushing on kendall instead of trying to direct a wagon off of her which seems to be the thing to do when you don't think somepony is scum.

Eventually part 1, of what ended up being just one part, shows up and we get

Don - scum - too quiet. Minimal reaction to bw which rubs me wrong. Saying "just lynch me" even while town is anti town.

Not sure what makes this different from kendall since both are apparently anti-town. After never mentioning him though, but showing up to jump the big wagon, warning flags go up all over the place. This is another reaosn I really am not gung-ho over a PJ lynch since my current pick doesn't work with him as a partner.

Continuing, there is no more scumhunting, pushes against the group getting prizes, etc. Thats really about it. If you are going to pass on calling kendall scummy but not scum, the entirety of the case that he made or even relative questions ask are all boiled down to a single 'catchup post' in which he calls two people solid alignments and then has four others floating in the aether.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

PeregrineV wrote:
Rainbowdash wrote:
Loving the double vig kills.

Curious as to the source of this sentence.

@FA- Individual results may vary. Clarification on this sentence would help super-immensely.

@Rainbow, see quoted statement, my question, and note to FA above.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Nope. I think it's you who should clarify. What exactly are you confused about?
Oyatsu Nuki
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I really, REALLY like 1154.

Unvote, Vote: Nanook

Spy: I think Glow makes one good point. I have addressed this YeSterDay. Now, I fully expect you to come in and post more, I don't want you to come in occasionally and just vote like YeSterday. (Since you said that you get tired or something after so many pages :P )

Yesterday was a bad day with a good outcome. Today will be a good day with a good outcome. Sall good.

RA you're gonna have to be more concise since your logic and my brain aren't connecting there. I kinda see what you're getting at maybe but I'm not buying it. However FA ponied up the real dough and be a bro.
Show

Proud member of BaM
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Flavour Analysis, if you are trying to breadcrumb Slinky Dog (by your constant alternating use of capitalizing S, D, S, D), claim it
now
. In your next post.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by diddin »

Peregrine what did you do with your power god damnit.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Glowball has asserted himself as a white knight of sorts and is not afraid of the more aggressive players such as spyrex or diddin. His play has been best for town and I like his style soooooo... town.

I am willing to get on the nanook wagon based on his defense of scum.

Vote: Nanook
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

@peregirne - Why does it matter if I think it was more than one town vig? I see zero reason for anti-town to kill either of those two.

Today we also don't quicklynch regardless of what we do.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by diddin »

petroleumjelly wrote:Flavour Analysis, if you are trying to breadcrumb Slinky Dog (by your constant alternating use of capitalizing S, D, S, D), claim it
now
. In your next post.

*bashes head against desk repeatedly*
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

.... god 1162 is the antipost.

DeathNote replaced Hiraki? Faaah I want to kill it though
Show

Proud member of BaM
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Blonde Doctor
: I think it's good to read up on the kendall wagon. Everything after it is distracting and there isn't a need to read it. (Kendall wagon is early on around page 7 and below)

Also would be a good idea to read around pages 19 and up. : D
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Lol no I'm not slinky dog.
Oyatsu Nuki
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Now the real question is:

Is PJ slinky dog?

Because if the answer to that is NO (it will be) just do us a favor and make him become dead vig tia.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheJakalope
TheJakalope
Goon
TheJakalope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Post by TheJakalope »

diddin wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:Flavour Analysis, if you are trying to breadcrumb Slinky Dog (by your constant alternating use of capitalizing S, D, S, D), claim it
now
. In your next post.

*bashes head against desk repeatedly*

*joins in on head bashing*

Seriously PJ, why would you say that?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

SpyreX wrote:Now the real question is:

Is PJ slinky dog?

Because if the answer to that is NO (it will be) just do us a favor and make him become dead vig tia.

Why yes, I am Slinky Dog, thanks for asking. I'm still not convinced scum have fake-claims to begin with (as far as I'm concerned, glowball could be lying about claiming she was lying), so when I saw Flavour Analysis possibly crumbing
my
role, I wasn't about to just sit there.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 pm

That's just me emphasizing YeSterDay and ToMmorow. You forget that the Y was also capitalized.
Oyatsu Nuki
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Hey, TheJakalope, any thoughts on anything else?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”