Open 323: Murder at Happy Sunshine Hospital (Scum win!)

Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Hikari Link »

silavor wrote:
vote: Hikari Link

The levels of AtE that ooze off of you after just the slightest bit of suspicion is ridiculous

Yeah, sure, whatever. Lynch me today then. But when I flip town, I want you guys to lynch silavor and DarthYoshi. tclawren is probably a good choice too, but I'll admit it could be pinkfloyd.

@Docs
: I'm telling you right now, if I get lynched today rather than silavor, Vig him. If not tonight, then tomorrow, hit him or DarthYoshi is you end up lynching him tomorrow.

UNVOTE: DarthYoshi, VOTE: silavor

Why am I voting silavor? I bet someone's gonna say OMGUS, but it's really just the wagon that has the most chance of success right now from my top suspects. I'm at L-1 and expect a hmmer anyway, so I might as well take a shot at scum.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by tclawren »

no one hammer

Don't be newman people. Some people really need to state some reads. (namely singersinger and Nobody Special)

in the meantime UNVOTE:
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Spoiler: Because I'm a good person (teaching Link how to be better at Mafia).
HL, I'm terribly sorry if you're Town, but you must learn from this game and get better. You literally have AtE oozing out of your pores. This is a large part why you are being lynched. You also need to learn to take more definitive stances in your reads. There's definitely potential here (see: Scummies Nomination), and I hope to
lynch
play with you again.

You probably expected an essay under the spoiler tag, didn't you?
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Quaroath, your solid townread on me is just because I'm playing like a troll? I do this regardless of alignment (albeit I've been worse this game than usual). Nothing about farside affecting your read on me?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Okay, so we're currently at 7v3. If Link ends up being a mislynch, we'll be at 6v3. Mafkill will make it 5v3 (MYLO), so we'll most likely NL and go to 4v3 LYLO.
If we DocVig floyd tonight, and somehow both he and Link end up town, then we'll be 4v3, still LYLO.
In other words, DocVig floyd tonight, no matter what. Because if he is Town, he is a mislynch that WILL happen, and we can't afford to mislynch anymore if Link flips Town.
It's late, I hope this train of thought was followable.
floyd needs to claim.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

TOWN
DarthYoshi
tclawren
Nobody Special
Quaroath
singersigner
----------------Willing to lynch anyone below this line.
teamsleep
silavor
pinkfloyd*
Hikari Link
SCUM

*floyd is for DocVigging tonight.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Post by Quaroath »

SleepyKrew wrote:Quaroath, your solid townread on me is just because I'm playing like a troll? I do this regardless of alignment (albeit I've been worse this game than usual). Nothing about farside affecting your read on me?

Farside i had a pretty good town read on, but your trolling here doesn't have a vibe that itches. I don't think it's because you are playing like a troll. You just happen to be "the town troll".

I'm still thinking through the docvig you just talked about. I was thinking we only had one either NL or doc vig left, and at best, we should save it for D3, but yeah your math is right. Probably best to docvig again tonight to get a 4v3 at worst tomorrow. 5v3 doesn't really help us for shit.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

So my trolling is null?
And who would you like to DocVig?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

A HAMMER BEFORE I CAN FINISH MY CONVERSATION WITH QUAROATH WILL BE TREATED AS A SCUMCLAIM
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Hikari Link »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Spoiler: Because I'm a good person (teaching Link how to be better at Mafia).
HL, I'm terribly sorry if you're Town, but you must learn from this game and get better. You literally have AtE oozing out of your pores. This is a large part why you are being lynched. You also need to learn to take more definitive stances in your reads. There's definitely potential here (see: Scummies Nomination), and I hope to
lynch
play with you again.

You probably expected an essay under the spoiler tag, didn't you?

Thanks for the advice, but I really do understand how to play. I really think the AtE is being exaggerated and/or being mistaken for the way that I talk. I also know how to take definitive stances, most of you guys are just scummy as fuck, as I've explained before and will g into later in this post. I'll admit I've been a little bit frustrated, because I've seen this scenario before from past games and I'd be very willing to bet that the Mafia has this town wrapped around their finger, and to make matters worse, the scum are now aiming their bullshit cannon directly at me, just as it has always been in this situation. And this is not an AtE, this is a statement of fact based on my past experience: every single time that the town did not listen to me regarding these issues, we lost. This is a 100% true story. I'm not asking anyone to believe it, I'm not asking anyone to verify it, but the fact of the matter is, if the town continues down it's current path, I really do see a victory. As I said, you don't need to believe this right now, but if I'm lynched today, when I flip town, you will see the truth of my words. At this point I couldn't really care less what happens to me, because my policy is if I get strong scum reads and flip town, people can see that I was right.

I'm calling right now that at least 2 scum are on the wagon against me and those are most likely DarthYoshi and silavor. And that is not an OMGUS declaration. I am above that kind of declaration and the
only
thing I care about is the good of the town. And while I'd normally be willing to accept and even assume that the third scum would not be on the wagon, I have a realy hard time believing that tclawren is town. I could see pinkfloyd just not producing the best level of town play due to hardly being around and being easily influenced and I definitely think a Vig on him is a waste when there are so many better candidates. And honestly, he feels like a scapegoat that the Mafia are trying to conveniently use to get a mislynch/misVig.

Of the remaining people, there's still singersigner/NStride who just have a vibe that has been bothering me and a town read is really hard there. Nothing exceptionally scummy stands out, but sometimes that's the problem. SleepyKrew is just trolling so hard and I always have a really tough time trusting trolls. He still seems town, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that I've had since farside, but it's probably just paranoia about a really town player being scum. Quaraoth seems legit, but the lurking to such a degree is another thing that has me bothered. He seems legit enough, but again with the paranoia. Lastly, teamsleep is just someone that I suspected early on, but as time went on, I've sort of grown to trust him and he really hasn't looked scummy to me for a while. The reason these town reads are all so soft is because of a combination of them all having done something or other shifty in the past and me assuming that there is no way I found all of the scum and that I must surely be mistaken.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

If you're so resigned to your fate, why don't you self-hammer (don't do it, but I want to hear why not)?
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Hikari Link »

SleepyKrew wrote:If you're so resigned to your fate, why don't you self-hammer (don't do it, but I want to hear why not)?

A couple of reasons. For starters, I'm not resigned to my fate, I'm just creating contingencies for it. You should always be prepared for the worst. Also, even if I were resigned to my fate, there is no benefit to the town to self-hammer. It doesn't really benefit that town to lynch town if there's still the posibility of lynching scum. And as a side note, I'm not at L-1, so even if I did want to self-hammer, I can't anymore. Not that I would. Only scum self-hammer.
teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:58 am

Post by teamsleep »

SleepyKrew wrote:SleepyKrew teaching ANYONE to be better at mafia

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:00 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Not only am I tempted to bitch at you for personal attacks, you COMPLETELY disregard my argument as to why we should DocVig floyd no matter what.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:20 am

Post by tclawren »

SleepyKrew wrote:Okay, so we're currently at 7v3. If Link ends up being a mislynch, we'll be at 6v3. Mafkill will make it 5v3 (MYLO), so we'll most likely NL and go to 4v3 LYLO.
If we DocVig floyd tonight, and somehow both he and Link end up town, then we'll be 4v3, still LYLO.
In other words, DocVig floyd tonight, no matter what. Because if he is Town, he is a mislynch that WILL happen, and we can't afford to mislynch anymore if Link flips Town.
floyd needs to claim.

Wow. Most pro-town post ever. Seriously. If you disagree with this post you better have damn good reason.

(still waiting for input from our lurkers...)
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Hikari Link »

tclawren wrote:
SleepyKrew wrote:Okay, so we're currently at 7v3. If Link ends up being a mislynch, we'll be at 6v3. Mafkill will make it 5v3 (MYLO), so we'll most likely NL and go to 4v3 LYLO.
floyd needs to claim.

Wow. Most pro-town post ever. Seriously. If you disagree with this post you better have damn good reason.

(still waiting for input from our lurkers...)

I can support pinkfloyd if silavor is lynched. Otherwise silavor is the best choice. Then we avoid Lylo and Mylo altogether. Though I'd still put DarthYoshi over pinkfloyd. My gut says pf is a fall guy.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am

Post by tclawren »

I could go with a Silavor vig kill also.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Hikari Link »

tclawren wrote:I could go with a Silavor vig kill also.

That's assuming we don't lynch him today, of course.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:33 am

Post by silavor »

SleepyKrew's plan makes sense

vigging me when you flip scum makes no sense

I'm fine with it if you flip town, though

unless that causes the ever-so-awkward situation where one doc protects me, and the other PF.
Hikari Link
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Hikari Link
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Hikari Link »

silavor wrote:SleepyKrew's plan makes sense

vigging me when you flip scum makes no sense

I'm fine with it if you flip town, though

unless that causes the ever-so-awkward situation where one doc protects me, and the other PF.

Yeah, but it's impossible for me to flip scum, so it's not even worth consideration.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Quaroath »

SleepyKrew wrote:So my trolling is null?
And who would you like to DocVig?

Generally trolls troll, regardless of alignment. It can be frustrating but I don't consider it indicative of alignment.

I'd rather vig PF than silavor. Either would be okay with me. I'd like to see both die today, so ... *shrug*
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Quaroath »

Also, I'm abstaining from voting because I'm not sure where the vote count is, there were enough edits in the last count, and it's been a couple pages I'm going to hold off.

That said, once ones up i'll be voting silavor again.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Quaroath

More advice to HL: You may know you're Town, but we don't. So all your " I WILL flip Town" could just as easily come from Scum. Stop plz.

Going to go get my reasons for voting Q.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by tclawren »

*raises eyebrows*

Interested in reading this case...
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Quaroath wrote:SleepyKrew - Resident town troll more likely than not.
I can't imagine scum playing this way.

Quaroath wrote:
SleepyKrew wrote:So my trolling is null?

Generally trolls troll, regardless of alignment. It can be frustrating but I don't consider it indicative of alignment.

I might go add some more once I'm on a computer.

Return to “Completed Open Games”