NY136: The Death of ReaperCharlie (GAME OVER, Town win!)

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Of course, we could no lynch to cause another scum kill and get better odds, but I doubt it'll be very helpful.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Force*
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Bah.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Waiting to hear CTD and Yos's opinions.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Well, I'm confirmed town now, I think; it's not possible for me to be scum with Hydra on 2 days ago, or the game would have ended. Interestingly enough, CTD himself pointed this out yesterday, which was probably a mistake on his part; take a look at this vote count.

Amrun wrote:
VC4.3

(0) DemonHybrid
(3) David Xanatos - MrBuddyLee, DemonHybrid, CrashTextDummie
(0) Iecerint
(0) CrashTextDummie
(2) MrBuddyLee - David Xanatos, Yosarian2
(2) Yosarian2 - Hydra
(0) Hydra
(0) ToastyToast

Not Voting: Iecerint, ToastyToast

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: Friday, August 19, 11pm EST

Spoiler: Vote History
DemonHybrid - Yosarian2 > unvote > David Xanatos > unvote> Yosarian2 > David Xanatos
David Xanatos - MrBuddyLee
Iecerint -
CrashTextDummie - David Xanatos > unvote > David Xanatos
MrBuddyLee - David Xanatos
Yosarian2 - MrBuddyLee
Hydra - David Xanatos > Yosarian2
ToastyToast -

If there are any mistakes, please let me know

At this point, we were in lynch or lose; there were 3 scum (MBL, Hydra, and one more). If town had lynched wrong, and scum had killed, that would have been game over. And at this votecount, Xantos was at lynch -2 with neither me nor Hydra voting for him; if I had been scum with hydra, we would have quickhammered and that would have been game. It's not just this one vote count, either; if anyone re-reads that day, they should have no doubt that with it being lynch or lose, that if me and Hydra had been scum together, that we could quite easily have lynched Xantos and ended the game.

In fact, the other scum must have already been voting for Xantos at this point, or else Hydra and the other scum would have lynched Xantos and won. If Toasty or Icerent had been scum with Hydra and MBL, the same thing; they and Hydra would have both voted Xantos (they were both not voting at this time), I was thinking this through last night, and I had a moment of paranoia where I was doubting DH's alignment, but now that we know he's town, the only possible suspect left is CTD.

CTD has to be scum. If any other living person was scum, the game would have ended two days ago.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Iecerint »

That sounds plausible. I'm impressed with the doc claim to lynch the SK. That was very risky. Happy I was right about Hresz in such a case.

I'll let CTD respond.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Iecerint wrote:That sounds plausible. I'm impressed with the doc claim to lynch the SK. That was very risky.

(nods) Yeah, he must be a scum rolecop to have pulled that off.

It makes sense, though. So far we've lynched 3 scum, and in every single one of those cases, he did everything he could to protect them. He defended and protected Parama, he defended MBL and tried to lynch Xantos two days ago, and he defended Hydra and tried to lynch me yesterday. Really everything he's done this game has been an attempt to achieve the scum win condition.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:57 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

It was a mistake on my part to point out that you couldn't be scum with Hydra, because it's not accurate. When Hydra came up scum and the game didn't end, I took a closer look at the time stamps:

The window to quicklynch was open from the time I voted Xanatos (August 9th, 10:22 AM my timezone) until DH unvoted him (August 10th, 2:52 AM).

During this time period, Yosarian made only 4 posts sitewide, between 1:11 PM and 1:37 PM, August 9th. Thor665 made 16 posts, between 5:08 PM and 8:02 PM, August 9th. Magister Ludi made 8 posts, between 6:38 PM on the 9th and 2 AM on the 10th. Yosarian simply wasn't online at the right time to facilitate the quicklynch.

Yos is the last scum. Toasty was online at the same time as Ludi, not that there is any reason to suspect him anyway. Iecerint has been confirmed since D2.

Yos wrote:if anyone re-reads that day, they should have no doubt that with it being lynch or lose, that if me and Hydra had been scum together, that we could quite easily have lynched Xantos and ended the game.

Quite the opposite. The lynch pool had 4 people, 3 of which were scum with the odd man out having a guilty on another. Obviously you're not all gonna converge on Xanatos. No, you spread out evenly, one on Xanatos, one on MBL and one just hovering around. That way, you could wait for the quicklynch opportunity without drawing attention to yourselves.

Yosarian wrote:It makes sense, though. So far we've lynched 3 scum, and in every single one of those cases, he did everything he could to protect them. He defended and protected Parama, he defended MBL and tried to lynch Xantos two days ago, and he defended Hydra and tried to lynch me yesterday. Really everything he's done this game has been an attempt to achieve the scum win condition.

The only thing that reflects badly on me is the wrong read on Parama. Looking back, I want to slap myself for that one. Coming into D4, Xanatos' claim contradicted pretty much every read I had, and I reacted accordingly. I was swayed by in-thread evidence, as was everyone else (not named Yos). Yesterday, I was leaning towards Yos-scum instead of Hydra-scum. I was under the wrongful impression that there was only one scum left between the two of you, you've done a good job bussing.

And the rolecop argument is still bullshit, just like it was when you first tried to plant it on D4.

I protected Iecerint again, if it matters.

I have free time over the weekend, and will make a more comprehensive case against Yos. I wish we would have lynched him yesterday so this could have been avoided.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:09 am

That Yos would try to take advantage of the fact that I cleared him when it was verifiably wrong to do so says it all, IMO.

vote: Yos

More later.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:It was a mistake on my part to point out that you couldn't be scum with Hydra, because it's not accurate. When Hydra came up scum and the game didn't end, I took a closer look at the time stamps:

The window to quicklynch was open from the time I voted Xanatos (August 9th, 10:22 AM my timezone) until DH unvoted him (August 10th, 2:52 AM).

During this time period, Yosarian made only 4 posts sitewide, between 1:11 PM and 1:37 PM, August 9th. Thor665 made 16 posts, between 5:08 PM and 8:02 PM, August 9th. Magister Ludi made 8 posts, between 6:38 PM on the 9th and 2 AM on the 10th. Yosarian simply wasn't online at the right time to facilitate the quicklynch.

That specific window is really irrelevent, CTD. Everyone who's read the game can see that if I had been scum with Hydra, we would have been able to lynch Xantos, and that would have been the end of the game. All I would have had to do was to say that I agreed with the arguments against Xantos and vote him, and I have no doubt he would have been lynched that day.

It was 5 votes to lynch. That means that if at any point 2 pro-town people were both attacking Xantos, the 3 scum would have joined the wagon and ended the game. It wouldn't even have had to be a quicklynch; it's not like the Xantos voters seemed likely to change their minds.

That means that when DH (dead town) was voting for Xantos, BOTH other people on the wagon (MBL and you) had to have been scum. There is no other possibility.

Yos wrote:if anyone re-reads that day, they should have no doubt that with it being lynch or lose, that if me and Hydra had been scum together, that we could quite easily have lynched Xantos and ended the game.

Quite the opposite. The lynch pool had 4 people, 3 of which were scum with the odd man out having a guilty on another. Obviously you're not all gonna converge on Xanatos. No, you spread out evenly, one on Xanatos, one on MBL and one just hovering around. That way, you could wait for the quicklynch opportunity without drawing attention to yourselves.

Lol. Why would scum "spread their votes out" in lynch or lose if they could win by all voting the same person? Trying to keep votes spread around so you can suddenly spring a quicklynch is silly. Also, Hydra went from voting for Xantos to trying to lynch me, at a point when I already had several votes on me. Your theory would require that, in LYNCH OR LOSE, that 2 of the 3 members of the scum group suddenly started trying to bus, with me trying to bus MBL and Hydra trying to bus me; really, no one is that stupid.

I was doing everything I could to convince people to not vote for Xantos and to vote MBL instead, and I managed to succeed in that, despite everything you and Hydra could do to stop me.

Every single successful scum wagon this game, I was supporting it. I caught and lynched your entire scumgroup this game, CTD; you guys should really have nightkilled me earlier. ;)

You made a really good gambit this game with the doc counterclaim, CTD. It gave you the credibility you needed to try and save your scumbuddies, and it's made you really hard to lynch, even though I've suspected you since day 3. That being said, you still logically have to be scum.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In fact, let's do this.
Vote:CrashTextDummies
. He's confirmed scum here, period.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:21 am

If all three of you had voted Xanatos, he sure as hell wouldn't have been lynched. Hydra already got skittish with just him and MBL out of the scum team on Xanatos. We knew that 2 or 3 players out of the group of Xanatos/Yos/MBL/Hydra were scum and you had to be careful not to jump the gun and tip the scales.

You didn't do jackshit to save Xanatos, he did it himself by pointing out a breadcrumb. if anything, you made it appear that he was actually scum with you the way you insisted he was obv town when he damn sure wasn't.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:26 am

And of course the specific window of time is relevant. You claim to be cleared because you could have quicklynched with Hydra and I demonstrated that you're full of shit.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

He was clearly town. There was no way his play could have made sense as a scum gambit at all. I pointed this out any number of times, and you ignored all the logic. Also, you tried to use such minor points as "a mod would never give a gunsmith a guilty" to try to mislynch Xantos, even though I'm sure you must have seen mods do that before:

CrashTextDummie wrote:I still think Xanatos is flailing scum. I don't see any way his claim of ambiguity in the mod communication could be true, seeing as he settled on having received "has a gun" when called on his slip, which would have been really cut and dry if true. He's obviously squirming, changing his story every half page. And the only thing I'd consider unsportsmanlike behavior on the last page are the personal attacks against DemonHybrid.

vote: David Xanatos

Besides that, Hydra unvoted Xantos to vote for me, in a situation where I very well could have been lynched. The scum's only goal that day would have been to lynch town, any town; if they did that they won. It's completely clear that Hydra didn't really care if I was lynched or if Xantos was lynched, because we were both town.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:40 am

Yos wrote:He was clearly town. There was no way his play could have made sense as a scum gambit at all. I pointed this out any number of times, and you ignored all the logic. Also, you tried to use such minor points as "a mod would never give a gunsmith a guilty" to try to mislynch Xantos, even though I'm sure you must have seen mods do that before:

I have not, and I still think the guilty/has a gun thing was a glaring mod-error. It's not a "minor point", it's the one point that convinced me of his guilt. And I didn't ignore any logic, because there was none in his play until he pointed out the breadcrumb.

Yos wrote:Besides that, Hydra unvoted Xantos to vote for me, in a situation where I very well could have been lynched. The scum's only goal that day would have been to lynch town, any town; if they did that they won. It's completely clear that Hydra didn't really care if I was lynched or if Xantos was lynched, because we were both town.

Apart from Hydra, there was no push whatsoever to lynch outside of MBL/Xanatos. Not only were you not in danger of getting lynched, he couldn't have placed his vote on any other town member because they were all cleared.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

By the way: I apologize for the wall, but I'm going to sit down and go through CTD's posts and make sure everyone can see the pattern. He's been quite literally defending all of his buddies all game, every single chance he got, from day 1. He's defended and worked with both MBL and Hydra to try to secure mislynches on either Xantos or me for the past two days. The odds of a townie defending 3 out of 3 scum, and really not defending anyone else all game, are incredibly small.

CrashTextDummie wrote:tldr: scumlist as of end of D1:

scum:
Meransiel
Yos2
DemonHybrid

leaning scum:
PJ

grey glob of goo:
Mastin2
Icerint
saporovirus
Shanba
kondi2424

leaning town:
earworm
Parama

town:
Hydra
MBL

3rd and final part of Analysis coming up.

3 scum on the top of his townie list.

Then, a wishy-washy post that tried to have it both ways on Parama:

Parama/Bowser is somewhat of a double-edged sword for me. Mastin's case against him has some merit, but is reaching in other areas. There was really only a small number of arguments I agreed with, but they are there. On the other hand, his posting on D2 reminded me a lot of how I felt back in my own flaking-days. Both his attitude and his posting of a half-finished analysis gave me out-of-it-town vibes. And I don't see anything particularly scummy in Bowser's posts so far.

I do like the make up of his wagon (two confirmed players, 3 of my strongest town-reads, plus Yos), it certainly doesn't feel scum-fueled. But the fact that the scum seemingly don't have any interest whatsoever to get a counterwagon going, plus the way sapporovirus danced on and off it (more on that later) gives me pause. Not a fan of this lynch.

Followed by another post where he again puts Parama as town, for no reason.

CrashTextDummie wrote:tldr:

scum
:
DemonHybrid

leaning scum
:
killerjester
Shanba
Yos

neutral
:
Pine
ToastyToast

leaning town
:
Bowser
PJ
Hydra
MBL

confirmed town
:
Mastin
Meransiel
Icerint

Vote: DemonHybrid

Ignore the 3 confirmed town, he didn't have any choice about that. Of the 4 "probably town", 3 are scum.

CrashTextDummie wrote:Hi, sorry for getting up late, had a busy weekend.

I have several issues with David Xanatos' claim:
1. He gave no indication at all yesterday that he had a guilty on MBL. I don't really buy his argument that he "didn't want to make the town choose between a guilty investigation and a counterclaimed doc", because why the hell not? Choosing between scum and scum is a win/win situation with no real downside. I also have trouble believing that he felt no threat of being nightkilled. The SK was a completely unknown factor at that point.
2. The fact that he claims to have been roleblocked. I see no reason why the scum would roleblock David X when they had the opportunity to kill Iecerint instead.
3. Game balance: alien + 2 neighbors + tracker + vig + innocent child + doc + cop seems overkill to me, even with an SK in the mix and potential scum power roles.

Having said that, I do feel the need to reread both playerslots, as the strong town-read I have on MBL may be clouding my judgement.

---------------------

I haven't really thought about the implications of David X's claim for Hydra and Yosarian yet, but on a first glace, I feel that Hydra has handled today more like I'd expect from town than Yos.

---------------------

Here's a couple questions I'd like answered:
Xanatos - it appears to me that you didn't realize I was counter-claiming killerjester in Post 1210. Is that accurate?
MBL - why haven't you claimed yet?
Yosarian - how certain are you that your vote is on scum?

First post after the cop claim. He defends MBL and attacks Xantos, he then defends Hydra and supports Hydra's wagon on me.

CrashTextDummie wrote:I've done some rereading and I remain unconvinced of Xanatos claim. I have two main problems right now:

1. Most of what I heard in defense of it, from Xanatos and Yos, is "why would I/he do [this] as scum?", and the arguments that came in the form of "this is why I did [this] as town" crumble under scrutiny. I really don't care for that first line of reasoning - I don't know what roles the scum are playing with, I don't know who they all are and I therefore can't divine what purposes scum-Xanatos would have for his antics. For all I know, he could just be fucking with us because his team is thoroughly outconfirmed. I'm not gonna dismiss a play that doesn't make sense for a town player to make, just because on the surface, it doesn't make sense for scum either.
2. Ever since he claimed, Xanatos has almost exclusively argued in defense of himself, why he should be trusted, why lynching him would be bad, he's thrown everything but the kitchen sink, really, concocting theories so nonsensical and poorly reasoned that I find it very difficult to believe that even an inexperienced player would suggest them in earnest. The one thing he hasn't done is present any kind of case against MBL beyond "he's guilty". This is a point against him that not only applies to his D3 play (where he barely mentioned him despite allegedly having a result on him), but today as well in my opinion. He has acknowledged that his claim goes against the town-read the majority of players have had on MBL, and yet he does nothing at all to try to convince us of MBL's guilt beyond giving us his word and repeated pledges of his upstanding nature. What I would expect from a pro-town player in his position would be a case
against MBL
, not for own innocence. It feels incredibly counter-intuitive for him to go into complete defense-mode when he should be driving an attack.

I'm about ready to lynch him, but I want to adress some Yos related stuff before dropping my vote. And I do want MBL to claim before all is said and done.

At this point, CTD declares himself "about ready to lynch Xantos". No matter what he says today, I really think CTD really thought he was going to get Xantos lynched at the time he made that post; he didn't really seem to have any doubt. He also flirts with the Yos wagon that Hydra was pushing, leaving himself room to jump onto the Yos wagon if necessary to get a mislynch.

CrashTextDummie wrote:
David Xanatos wrote:And as I said, I wanted to try and get MBL to dig a hole for himself with a claim. Anything that didn't fall under a role that would carry a gun would instantly confirm him as Scum.

If this were at all true, that you consciously concealed the true nature of your role in an attempt to trap MBL, why does the draft of your roleclaim, allegedly written to be posted yesterday, clearly state that you are a Gunsmith? You are flailing, IMO.

Continues to try to make Xantos look bad. Ignoring the obvious fact that Xantos was talking about his play that day, on day 4, when he claimed cop first to try to get MBL to fullcalim before the gunsmith claim, which is a pretty logical gambit. (Something quite similar to that is actually listed as a gambit on the wiki).

CrashTextDummie wrote:The result you got on MBL was "guilty"? Not "has a gun"?

CrashTextDummie wrote:No, not semantics. Your whole argument that you tried to "trap" MBL hinges on the fact that "has a gun" and "guilty" are
not
interchangeable, and the whole point of that post was to evaluate the exact wording of what you claim to have gotten vs. what one would expect to get. It's pretty evident that you mixed up your fake-claims just now.

Iecerint, please shoot Yosarian.

Tries to use the exact wording of the mod PM Xanatos got to mislynch him, even though that kind of mod error is incredibly common. Also, again, note here that he seemed to have no doubt that he was going to get Xanatos lynched here.

CrashTextDummie wrote:
unvote

CrashTextDummie wrote:I still think Xanatos is flailing scum. I don't see any way his claim of ambiguity in the mod communication could be true, seeing as he settled on having received "has a gun" when called on his slip, which would have been really cut and dry if true. He's obviously squirming, changing his story every half page. And the only thing I'd consider unsportsmanlike behavior on the last page are the personal attacks against DemonHybrid.

He keeps his options open, but still just wants to mislynch Xantos here. Notice he never really seems to question MBL at all here.

CrashTextDummie wrote:Yos, I do NOT appreciate being called a moron for voting a player who's so obviously lying his ass off even the fucking blind can see it. A gunsmith gets "has a gun"/"doesn't have a gun", NOT "guilty"/"innocent", THAT does not make any sense. It's the whole point of the fucking role. Xanatos is asking me to believe that the mod fucked up in his role PM when the obvious solution to this mystery is that he simply forgot that he fakeclaimed gunsmith, not cop, when he made that post.

I will not accept an MBL lynch today. A DX/Yos/Hydra scumteam wins outright if they either have a roleblocker or if Xanatos has NK-immunity. And seriously, stop with the browbeating and the insults.

At this point, I had just lost my temper and called him a moron, because it was becoming so incredibly obvious to me that Xanatos was town here, and somehow CTD just wouldn't see it. He "takes offense" to that, but continues to beat the drum that "Xanatos is obviously lying". And yet, despite the fact that he's doing everyting he can here to lynch Xantos, the wording at the end of his post here is key. He "will not accept" a MBL lynch, but by listing a "DX/Hydra/Yos" scum group, he quite delibratly leaves the door open so he can lynch me if he has to.

Once the breadcrumb comes out, everything become clear, but CTD delays understanding it as long as he possibly can, to see if he can still get Xantos lynched. Finally, when it's clear MBL is going to be lynched, he busses.

CrashTextDummie wrote:Hydra, I went over this. The only way this lynch could end in a direct loss is if you yourself are scum. And you're not hammering.

unvote, vote: MBL

Vig Hydra.

Note here he says "vig hydra", probably because Icereant had already said he would. But notice that the next day, he is trying to defend hydra and lynch me instead.

Also, note that before the end of the day here, I tell him to doc-protect Xanatos, and he agrees. And yet, Xanatos is nightkilled. The scum never would have tried that if they actually thought he was going to be protecting David; that clearly points towards CTD being scum. So not only did CTD not protect Xanatos, it looks like the scum *knew* that he wasn't going to protect Xanatos, or they never would have risked killing him; one doc protection puts us on odd numbers and gives the town another lynch.

Well, this post is long enough, so just to sum up, the next day, CTD turns and does everything he can to protect Hydra and lynch me instead, despite his post at the end of the day. Everyting fits with CTD being part of a scum group with Parama, MBL, and Hydra. All of his actions, all game, match that. We have no proof at all that CTD is a doc; in fact, if really he was a doc, there's no way he would have let the confirmed cop get killed like that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:

Yos wrote:Besides that, Hydra unvoted Xantos to vote for me, in a situation where I very well could have been lynched. The scum's only goal that day would have been to lynch town, any town; if they did that they won. It's completely clear that Hydra didn't really care if I was lynched or if Xantos was lynched, because we were both town.

Apart from Hydra, there was no push whatsoever to lynch outside of MBL/Xanatos. Not only were you not in danger of getting lynched, he couldn't have placed his vote on any other town member because they were all cleared.

False. Demon had just voted for me, after the guilty; and Toasty had just implied he thought I was scum as well. Only after that did Hydra push to lynch me.

Remember, it only would have taken 2 townies to have voted for me, and Hydra, you, and MBL could have quicklynced me. And both you and MBL were very clearly in your posts leaving the door open to vote me if you had the chance.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:36 am

I'm not going to respond to everything point by point, because your case is rather repetitive.

1. Argument: I protected 3 scum.
This is true, and I've already said my Mea Culpa with regards to Parama. MBL and Hydra played one heck of a day game and pretty much fooled everyone except their scumbuddy Yos. Of course, the interactions between Yos, who I did suspect for the majority of the game, with the rest of the scum added to my faulty reads on MBL and Hydra.

2. Argument: I "was sure I was going to get Xanatos lynched"
I'm not even sure what I'm accused of here, and this is one of his major points against me. I thought he was scum for the majority of the game and did my damnest to get him lynched. This is par for the course in every game I play.

Inaccuracies and outright lies:
Yos wrote:Note here he says "vig hydra", probably because Icereant had already said he would. But notice that the next day, he is trying to defend hydra and lynch me instead.

Iecerint said nothing of the sort. He only stated ambivalence about you, irregardless of MBL's alignment. I changed my mind on the two of you yesterday because I realized the MBL/Hydra vs. DX/Yos standoff was in all likelyhood staged by the scum and not set in stone as I had thought when I realized DX was telling the truth. The fact that you're also scum helped.

Yos wrote:Also, note that before the end of the day here, I tell him to doc-protect Xanatos, and he agrees. And yet, Xanatos is nightkilled. The scum never would have tried that if they actually thought he was going to be protecting David; that clearly points towards CTD being scum. So not only did CTD not protect Xanatos, it looks like the scum *knew* that he wasn't going to protect Xanatos, or they never would have risked killing him; one doc protection puts us on odd numbers and gives the town another lynch.

Not only did you not tell me to doc-protect Xanatos, you told me to flip a coin and then acted as if I should have been able to protect two players at once.

The fact of the matter is that a vig would have forced a victory. Vig Hydra, Xanatos/DH/Toasty dies, 5 alive, one scum left. No lynch. Vig Yos, DH/Toasty/Xanatos dies. In this case, it would have been game over, but even if I were scum, I could have still been lynched/vigged me at this point with 3 alive. I realized this, and protected Iecerint that night. That he was out of shots is something I could not have anticipated. I was following a guaranteed winning strategy for the town and would have been committing suicide if I was scum. At no point could I have killed Iecerint without giving myself away.

You on the other hand were screwed either way. You were severely outconfirmed. With Iece alive, you lose to the strategy I just outlined. With Xanatos alive, one of you gets lynched and the other investigated guilty. With both alive, you're screwed twice over. At least with Xanatos dead, you don't lose immediately.

Yos wrote:False. Demon had just voted for me, after the guilty; and Toasty had just implied he thought I was scum as well. Only after that did Hydra push to lynch me.

Fair enough, I misremembered. That still doesn't change the fact that Hydra had no good place to put his vote if he didn't want it on DX. And I think it's obvious why your scumteam would have preferred to get you lynched instead of the roleblocker.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 am

By the way, the winning strategy I outlined above is why I said yesterday that I would have preferred it if Iecerint hadn't announced that he was out of shots. With the missed vig kill on N2, I was holding out hope that he was an every-other-night variant and that the forced victory could have still worked with no vig on night 4 instead of no lynch the day after.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I'm not going to respond to everything point by point, because your case is rather repetitive.

1. Argument: I protected 3 scum.
This is true, and I've already said my Mea Culpa with regards to Parama. MBL and Hydra played one heck of a day game and pretty much fooled everyone except their scumbuddy Yos. Of course, the interactions between Yos, who I did suspect for the majority of the game, with the rest of the scum added to my faulty reads on MBL and Hydra.

Tell me something. What are the odds that, in a 20 person game with 4 mafia, a townie defends 3 people at random, and all 3 are scum?

In this hypothetical situation, each time that person defends someone, there is a 1/5 chance that person is scum. So the odds of you doing that 3 times in a row at random are 1/5 x 1/5 x 1/5, which comes to 1/125, That's less then 1% chance. And that's if your picking people completely at random; if you are a player of any skill at all (and I know you are), it should be less then that.

So, no, I don't think we should be expected to believe that you defended all 3 scum and nobody else "just because MBL and Hydra played a heck of a game".
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

VC6.1

(0) Iecerint
(1) CrashTextDummie - Yosarian2
(1) Yosarian2 - CrashTextDummie
(0) ToastyToast

Not Voting: Iecerint, ToastyToast

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday, September 8, 11 pm EST

Spoiler: Vote History
Iecerint
CrashTextDummie - Yosarian2
Yosarian2 - CrashTextDummie
ToastyToast

I will have zero access tomorrow, just as a warning.
Last edited by Amrun on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I won't have access if we lose power when the hurricane hits tommorow. The power company already called and warned us we might lose power for days, so...yeah. Hopefully it won't be anything, though.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yup, already lost power for about 4 hours today, heh. It came back about 5 minutes ago, but it's anyone's guess how long it's going to last; the hurricane is supposed to hit tommorow.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

Deadline may be extended due to the hurricane; no one will be replaced during this time frame except by request, up to a certain point. Hopefully this won't be an issue.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Iecerint »

The main fact that appears to be in contention is contextualizing CTD putting all the scum on top of his town list, right?

Yos, do you still thinking the posting situation implicates CTD from a neutral PoV?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”