Post Apocalyptic Mafia - Mini 1226: Over!

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Timeater »

Gaoth wrote:
Wraith wrote::D

Palisade thinks he's clever, but a claim this early is simply bullshit. Nothing says, "Kill me now to spare a real PR" like claiming cop day one. When he doesn't wind up dead, it would basically be confscum. Palisade is townie.

Nice doublespeak, but you're sending conflicting messages, in discrediting both Palisade's claim and credibility while calling him town. Riddle me this: why would Palisade go to all the effort of faking a post restriction, then creating a code for said post restriction to convey a claim, instead of just saying "Yo guys I'm a cop dawgs don't kill me bro"? Lend an air of plausibility, you say? Well obviously it hasn't convinced anyone but me, and he hasn't dropped the "fake" restriction yet, so why keep it up if no one buys it?

Lets see if i can spell this out for you, since you seem focused on saving not yourself, but nico, by trying to push a lynch onto me. (i will get back to this).

Palisade "claimed" cop. If there is the slightest chance that he is indeed cop, scum would be retarded not to kill him tonight. So, by his claim, he should die tonight. To me, this is textbook distraction claiming. A real PR wouldnt want to out this early, a scum gambitting would not pick such a common role. Palisade is trying to draw the nightkill so that a real PR doesn't take the bullet. This is town move.

I will amend by assertion that a living palisade is a scum palisade. He could live for a variety of reasons, which include lots of WIFOMing.

@Wraith. I can tell you exactly why I'm not voting you. It's because only one player can be voted on at a time. I find Nicodemus more scummy than you, and voted accordingly, just as you find reg scummy but voted me because you think I'm scummier. I think this goes for several players.

Gaoth is so town it hurts.
watch for the eggshells
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:42 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Timeater: I think it's fake but I'm not naive enough to think that automatically makes him scum.
He isn't today's lynch, so that's all there is to it atm.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Fate »

K so

We done dickin around yet?

Regfan lynch.

Pallisade tomorrow

PROFIT.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Timeater »

Regfan lynch?

Are you high?
watch for the eggshells
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:43 am

Post by xvart »

Hinduragi, 151 wrote:If both Wraith and Nico are scummy, then someone's wrong and one of them isn't scum because my link isn't a bus. I don't think it's Wraith.
Can you explain this the logic behind this and to what it references? I can barely process the ambiguous "someone", the relevance to your connection not being a bus, and the connection to the link you posted.

AurorusVox, 173 wrote:@xvart - the rest were included to show that even if the scummy people are scummy townies, there are plenty of others who could fit the bill. Yes I know this lessens the impact when looking to people OTHER THAN Wraith, but I think it's a legitimate concern when considering Wraith himself.
I see the converse (if all suspicious people are voting someone I'm less likely to think the person being voted is scum) but the way you are doing this is really only valid pending a Wraith flip, and even then it's still pretty weak. Especially considering the vote count right now:
CSL(3): Nicodemus, Diddin, Zajnet
The three people you have isolated out are the first and only three on the CSL wagon right now. If they were trying to push a counter wagon jumping in like that would be suicide if scumWraith ended up getting lynched and flipped town, unless of course they are smooth talkers but seeing the things you commented about their suspicion/voting list I don't think that is the case.

The most concerning thing about your line of suspicion is that your vote on Zajnet was beyond legitimate and very justified but then you jump to Wraith because of the lack of people voting him. You essentially stopped voting someone who was scummy because of his unique behavior and are now voting someone based on other people's scummy behaviors. Additionally, if the most justified reason for you pushing Zajnet was because he wasn't voting where he apparently should be then you should be voting either Nicodemus, Diddin, or Zajnet for the same reason and not the person you think they should be voting.

Timeater, 175 wrote:Gaoth is so town it hurts.
How is he so town it hurts? His observation is totally inaccurate unless you think the following behaviors are town behaviors (hint: they are not):
  1. Faking a post restriction that eliminates all ability to effectively communicate;
  2. Faking a post restriction that eliminates all ability to convey messages; and,
  3. Claiming cop on D1 in an attempt to draw a NK and risking outting a real cop.
You didn't even comment on my observations when I quoted your invalid logic in my last post.

Furthermore, and this is unsubstantiated speculation, but I don't see the benefit of playing in a hydra and faking a debilitating post restriction as it defeats the purpose of having a collective hydra mind; and seriously, how much enjoyment would two people get out of a game if they faked a restriction that is so difficult to communicate that they only posted every once in a while with a message that is so short and ridiculous. So much for two minds seeing the same game and communicating about how to help the town win. And the lurking doesn't help. Andy said in SoS mafia that if you have a restriction and you are town you find a way to communicate reads. I haven't seen anything of the sort from paliside.

Paliside is scum. AV is likely scum.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Timeater »

Is it wrong of me to assess town reads based on how hard a person tries? Thats just of course a part of the pie, but a large part. Sort of a non sequitor, has nothing to do with why I know Gaoth is town. Anyway -

Xvart is most certainly town. Invalid logic quote of mine in your last post eh, not seeing it. You mention me in your third post, but I see nothing there to really bother talking about. I agree with you about the Vox read.
watch for the eggshells
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 am

Post by AurorusVox »

xvart: I still would like a Zajnet lynch today. However, my vote on Wraith was an attempt to get people to "put their money where their mouth is" and join me on the wagon. The absolute lack therein is very concerning and makes Wraith the best place for my vote atm.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Timeater »

Nico, what do you think of Hind's position on you? Do you think that you're an easy lynch (lynchbait) therefore the target of many people's vote? Is that unfair? Do you have someone new you'd like to vote for besides CSL?
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Timeater »

Vox.

Zajnet lynch is simply not happening. Get with the program.

Diddin: In http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3377072 you say Zajnet's posting feels forced. Can you elaborate on that? You also say you'd rather vote CSL or Wraith. What happened to Regfan? Change your read? Why? Also, is voting for Nico scummy?
watch for the eggshells
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:20 am

Post by xvart »

Timeater, 180 wrote:Invalid logic quote of mine in your last post eh, not seeing it. You mention me in your third post, but I see nothing there to really bother talking about. I agree with you about the Vox read.
Sorry, I got you and Gaoth mixed up on the page flip. It was supposed to be directed at Gaoth, but he hadn't posted between my last post so it is irrelevant.

AurorusVox, 181 wrote:xvart: I still would like a Zajnet lynch today. However, my vote on Wraith was an attempt to get people to "put their money where their mouth is" and join me on the wagon. The absolute lack therein is very concerning and makes Wraith the best place for my vote atm.
Again the problem is you were (and supposedly still are) willing to lynch Zajnet for voting someone for Behavior X. Then you switched your vote to the target of a handful of people displaying Behavior X, one of which, I might add, is the person you were originally voting for (Zajnet).

Additionally, I believe you are making up things that don't fit with the chronological events of the game. The justification you are providing for abandoning your Zajnet scum read and wanting to lynch Wraith was to test other players and the fact that they didn't "put their money where there mouth is" makes your vote justified in the end. The assignment of "best place for your vote" comes after you already placed it.

Furthermore, in this post you said Wraith and Palasine were buddies of Zajnet. What was the connection between Wraith and Zajnet? Based on your posting you suggested that Wraith was scum based on his lack of vote while reading along and then even referenced this "case" later on.

I'll ask the same question about how Wraith and Palasine are buddies together and what their connection was. At that point in the game you haven't even mentioned them. Finally, what was the turnaround here when you said that the restriction "is fake but I'm not naive enough to think that automatically makes him scum." He was scum before and the only thing that came out between your contradictory posts is that the restriction is nearly confirmed fake.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: AurorusVox

Adjust your votes accordingly.
I only read quote walls.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:43 am

Post by AurorusVox »

xvart, you say it's a turnaround, but where have I ever said I thought Pallisade was scum?
I've not said Pallisade and Wraith are scumbuddies. That was timeater. Stop confusing everyone with other people and maybe you'll stop being wrong in your reads :\

I voted Wraith to SEE whether people would join in. I can't test whether people would put their votes where they say if I don't start the wagon.

Step 1: I vote Wraith
Step 2: See if people vote him
--> no: Wraith is likely scum, maintain vote
--> yes: question my Wraith scumread, with potential return to Zajnet wagon
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:46 am

Post by AurorusVox »

AurorusVox wrote:That was timeater.

Derp derp irony alert.
I don't think Timeater said that, I think it was Hindu, talking about Wraith and Nico.
So wrong on all accounts and I have no idea where you got the idea from.

Also,
Timeater wrote:Zajnet lynch is simply not happening. Get with the program.

If a Zajnet lynch "is simply not happening" am I better off beating that dead horse or voting Wraith as I did to test the waters on other players' sincerity with their "Wraith makes a good lynch" bullshit?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:14 am

Post by xvart »

On phone. Post 106 is where said palisade was evil with zjanet. More later.
I only read quote walls.

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:17 am

Post by Timeater »

Vox: You dont think Nico is scummy and worthy of a lynch?
watch for the eggshells
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Fate »

HERE LET EM ANSWER FOR HIM

NOPE
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Timeater »

watch for the eggshells
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am

Post by AurorusVox »

AurorusVox wrote:Pallisade & Wraith make good buddies though, yup.

I meant buddies for Zajnet. Not sure if there's a reason to connect Wraith and Pallisade up at this point, Pallisade hasn't even mentioned him as far as I can tell. Though Wraith implying "Palisade has a daycop" with his Nico vote is pretty stinky.

Meh, Pallisade read shifted towards lolnull with his secret cop claim.

Nico has been pro-town as far as I can tell. I don't think he makes a good lynch today.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:40 am

Post by Timeater »

How has he been pro-town?
watch for the eggshells
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Probing questions + good sense about bandwagonning at the start of the game.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 am

Post by xvart »

AurorusVox, 191 wrote:I meant buddies for Zajnet. Not sure if there's a reason to connect Wraith and Pallisade up at this point, Pallisade hasn't even mentioned him as far as I can tell.
I know what you meant. Why is Wraith paired with Zajnet and why is Pallisade paired with Zajnet? Are they independently scummy and therefore buddies or are they connected by association to each other and therefore scum together?

AurorusVox, 191 wrote:Meh, Pallisade read shifted towards lolnull with his secret cop claim.
Really? Why? I've asked several people why they think that is a town play and given a play by play manual on why it is not. Perhaps you can explain. Do you believe the claim? If you do, why would a player fake a post restriction as a cop and claim cop in his third post of the game (under very little threat of being lynched at the time)? If not, why would a town player fake claim cop and risk outting a real cop that counterclaimed him?

I also like how you claimed you never stated a scum read on Pallisade and then when shown you did call them scum you immediately have a clear moment on when you decided to downgrade your read on him. If you didn't think you ever thought he was scum then how would you know now when he became nulltown?
I only read quote walls.

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Well I forgot that I thought he was scum and after reading that post, I went to check on when Pallisade posted what, which jogged my memory.

Wraith + Zajnet is because they're independently scummy + Zaj is one of those who declares a desire to lynch Wraith without following through on it.
Pallisade is null for me so asking me why he's paired with Zaj is irrelevant.

RE: Pallisade; Why would scum risk outing themselves on D1?
1v1 is good for town so.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 am

Post by diddin »

Timeater wrote:Vox.

Zajnet lynch is simply not happening. Get with the program.

Diddin: In http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3377072 you say Zajnet's posting feels forced. Can you elaborate on that? You also say you'd rather vote CSL or Wraith. What happened to Regfan? Change your read? Why? Also, is voting for Nico scummy?

He seems like he's trying too hard to not make any enemies and feels very passive. Regfan isn't a priority right now and has towntelled a bit since my suspicion of him, but you really never can tell with Regfan. Voting for Nico is scummy to me because I have Nico as a townread, but I wouldn't lynch someone over it.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Hinduragi »

diddin wrote:I have Nico as a townread

diddin wrote:He seems like he's trying too hard to not make any enemies

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

He's obv talking about Zajnet vOv