Back to the Future Mafia - Over: Was Hill Valley saved?

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Maruchan »

sorry kiwi, its how I am. I post alot. THats what happens when I am at my computer 24/7
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Maruchan wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Interesting idea SnakePlissken, with the 88th poster thing.

@Everyone, does anyone think a mass nameclaim would be beneficial?

Seriously?

Unvote
Vote: Maruchan

Did you not read my explanation?

I am new, I have never played mafia before where there were names besides "cop nilla mafia doctor" and so on. So I have no fucking clue as to when a good time to nameclaim (not roleclaim, nameclaim) is. THATS WHY I ASKED. Sorry that you dislike the fact that I'm new to forum mafia.

This post is not true. He replaced into Ender's Game Mafia, which just finished. We had names. He did not have any such confusions about nameclaims in that game. He also suggested a massclaim, though much later in the game. And was SK.

You know what, I don't like lying.

Unvote; Vote: Maruchan

L-2, I believe.

@kiwi

Your post appears to be incomplete.

@Maruchan

At what point do you cease being new enough that scummy actions can be written off as newbtells? One month? Three or four games? Two months and five games?
I'm a talking computer.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

kiwieagle wrote:VOTE: antifinity

lolscum

and maru calm down with the amount of posting

How did that sentence get into my post
Not never dead.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

also for those curious, I find Maru townish and his lynch in page 4 is heavily opportunistic.
Not never dead.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

EPWOP: and the wagon leading him to L-2 in page 4 is heavily oppurtunistic

(screw it im not posting until im back from the movies, too distracted)
Not never dead.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by havingfitz »

I find Maru a bit VI-ish so I don't have a problem with SD's ~RV? policy vote. I would not support a VI policy lynch if there are better options...which I would hope there are by the end of the day. That said..Maru has asked for the attention he is getting and I would think scum (whether Maru is scum not) would be taking a backseat to Maru's antics (i.e. the nameclaim query, his over the top defensiveness, and his untruth regarding his experience) and letting town do all the work. I'm on the fence as to whether Maru is bad town or bad scum. I'd probably put my first non-RV vote on him if it wasn't going to put him at L-1 so early in the game. I'll UNVOTE: for now and
FoS Maru
as a placeholder for an impending vote on him unless someone pings my radar harder.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Maruchan »

LordChronos wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Maruchan wrote:Interesting idea SnakePlissken, with the 88th poster thing.

@Everyone, does anyone think a mass nameclaim would be beneficial?

Seriously?

Unvote
Vote: Maruchan

Did you not read my explanation?

I am new, I have never played mafia before where there were names besides "cop nilla mafia doctor" and so on. So I have no fucking clue as to when a good time to nameclaim (not roleclaim, nameclaim) is. THATS WHY I ASKED. Sorry that you dislike the fact that I'm new to forum mafia.

This post is not true. He replaced into Ender's Game Mafia, which just finished. We had names. He did not have any such confusions about nameclaims in that game. He also suggested a massclaim, though much later in the game. And was SK.

You know what, I don't like lying.

Unvote; Vote: Maruchan

L-2, I believe.

@kiwi

Your post appears to be incomplete.

@Maruchan

At what point do you cease being new enough that scummy actions can be written off as newbtells? One month? Three or four games? Two months and five games?

I don't know, once I have in past games done what would be a scumtell if it wasn't a newbtell at least once.

I didn't suggest the massclaim in Ender's Game, but you are right I did replace into it. By "never been in games with weird names" I meant like before I joined MafiaScum, sorry for not making that clearer. And Ender's Game shouldn't count because as I stated, I wasn't paying any attention to the game whatsoever.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Maruchan »

havingfitz wrote:I find Maru a bit VI-ish so I don't have a problem with SD's ~RV? policy vote. I would not support a VI policy lynch if there are better options...which I would hope there are by the end of the day. That said..Maru has asked for the attention he is getting and I would think scum (whether Maru is scum not) would be taking a backseat to Maru's antics (i.e. the nameclaim query, his over the top defensiveness, and his untruth regarding his experience) and letting town do all the work. I'm on the fence as to whether Maru is bad town or bad scum. I'd probably put my first non-RV vote on him if it wasn't going to put him at L-1 so early in the game. I'll UNVOTE: for now and
FoS Maru
as a placeholder for an impending vote on him unless someone pings my radar harder.

Why does everyoen always assume I am just bad. -.-

One or two bad actions do not a bad player make.
Show
Join Now!

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by xvart »

Maruchan wrote:
DayKill: xvart

This game is going at a snails pase
OH NOES.

PeregrineV, 53 wrote:
Vote: Xvart

Because they look mean.
This is the second game someone has posted that very picture. Is this our first game together?

Shadow Dancer, 58 wrote:maru was D1 mislynch in Campaign mafia.
Per was D1 mislynch in lemming mafia.
This is absolutely the most horrid "policy." Lynching someone on D1 because they were mislynched on D1 in one other game? This looks like a terrible way of getting on the popular wagon for an "alternative" reason.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow Dancer

kiwieagle, 78 wrote:also for those curious, I find Maru townish and his lynch in page 4 is heavily opportunistic.
Who, specifically, is being opportunistic?

I'm going to say that I do not find Maruchan's behavior and responses to be indicative of scum for him.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by LordChronos »

@Maru

My mistake on you suggesting the massclaim. You were certainly gung-ho about jumping into it though.

And I don't accept that you meant never on this site. There is absolutely no reason to phrase it the way you did to explain your scummy request for a nameclaim when you have played at least one game with names.
I'm a talking computer.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Maruchan wrote:Why does everyoen always assume I am just bad. -.-

The quote below would be a good start...
Maruchan wrote:And Ender's Game shouldn't count because as I stated,
I wasn't paying any attention to the game whatsoever
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by Antifinity »

kiwieagle wrote:also for those curious, I find Maru townish and his lynch in page 4 is heavily opportunistic.

vote:kiwieagle
trying very hard to distance himself from the terrible-lynch that clearly isn't going through instead of scum-hunting. Also a little OMGUS, I admit.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Post by Maruchan »

havingfitz wrote:

I replaced in at 40 pages as the game came to an abrupt stand still, and I was SK so I had no particular reason to be loyal to any other player to actually pay attention.

It was a rarity, do not worry. My first-game on site, I replaced in at like 10 pages, and I had read the entire thread twice before I even ASKED the mod to let me replace in.

Ender's Game Mafia was the exception to the rule, not the rule.
Show
Join Now!

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

I've never used how some played in a previous game as a scum tell due to different games, require different types of play. If Maru is a newb as well, it's going to be nigh on impossible to read him properly anyway. It's also way too early for scum to be distancing in the game, so I reckon this is a null tell. Let's move on shall we?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by Maruchan »

That first sentence was said remarkably well. Which is the crux of why I got so fucking vehemently defensive in response to Shadow Dancer's "RVS" vote on me.

I can't explain the whole situation do to it being ongoing, but go to my wiki and read the first 4-5 pages of Campaign Mafia for the full story.
Show
Join Now!

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by LordChronos »

Maruchan wrote:
havingfitz wrote:

I replaced in at 40 pages as the game came to an abrupt stand still, and I was SK so I had no particular reason to be loyal to any other player to actually pay attention.

It was a rarity, do not worry. My first-game on site, I replaced in at like 10 pages, and I had read the entire thread twice before I even ASKED the mod to let me replace in.

The game had only 34 pages when it ended. You replaced in on page 27. And the game did not come to an abrupt stand still. Extreme hyperbole much?

Or are you still "not paying attention"?

I did read it. You were an idiot. Try not to be that much of an idiot in this game. I don't care how dumb you were in that game. I care about your half-truths, contradictions, hyperbole to make yourself not look as bad, and outright lies.

@Snake

Explain his half-truths with regards to experience/Ender's Game then.
I'm a talking computer.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:24 am

Post by Maruchan »

LordChronos wrote:
Maruchan wrote:
havingfitz wrote:

The game had only 34 pages when it ended. You replaced in on page 27. And the game did not come to an abrupt stand still. Extreme hyperbole much?

I did read it. You were an idiot. Try not to be that much of an idiot in this game. I don't care how dumb you were in that game. I care about your half-truths, contradictions, hyperbole to make yourself not look as bad, and outright lies.

@Snake

Explain his half-truths with regards to experience/Ender's Game then.

I have a lil quote I'd like to quote to you. Maybe you'll recognize it. Its the first line of this post.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2047834
Show
Join Now!

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:05 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I can't because I have no knowledge of what you are talking about. I have interest in reading it either.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:55 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Shadow wrote: It's the eternal fate of RVS votes to be sorely lacking.

But this isn’t an RVS vote. You specifically labelled it a Policy Lynch vote and gave specific reasoning (looking at the playerlist, past behavior of said players) why you were voting them. That’s not RVS. RVS is “Hey, Maruchan has a stupid avatar”.

It certainly isn't something that is super scummy but trying to handwave it away as RVS isn't valid, IMO.

--

LC wrote:Don't like the policy lynch, Shadow. Though Maruchan's reaction is really vehement, which is not at all how he played last time I was in a game with him. Gotta go look at some of his other games.

1. Please explain why you feel Maruchan’s reaction is vehement? He didn’t come right out of the gate after Shadow dropped that vote screaming “Scum”. He actually asked for the reasoning behind Shadow’s policy lynch reasoning. When it was provided and Maru found it lacking (as you have) he voted Shadow for what he perceived to be scum motivations.
2. So despite seeing something you ‘don’t like’ (aka you are indicating is scummy) you dropped a random vote on Vezok for giggles?

LC wrote:This post is not true. He replaced into Ender's Game Mafia, which just finished. We had names. He did not have any such confusions about nameclaims in that game. He also suggested a massclaim, though much later in the game. And was SK.

LC wrote:My mistake on you suggesting the massclaim. You were certainly gung-ho about jumping into it though.

And I don't accept that you meant never on this site. There is absolutely no reason to phrase it the way you did to explain your scummy request for a nameclaim when you have played at least one game with names.

LC wrote:The game had only 34 pages when it ended. You replaced in on page 27. And the game did not come to an abrupt stand still. Extreme hyperbole much?

Given the quotes above I’m definitely going to ask you about your stances here.

1. Are you trying to assert that asking about whether a name-claim early on in a themed game Day 1 is scummy? If so why?
2. Are you trying equate someone who replaced into the last 7 pages of a game of a 34 page game and followed through with the mass name claim someone else suggested (which is reasonable behavoir for ANY alignment when replacing in late) is the same as him asking if a mass name claim is useful here?
3. Did the mass name claim in that game yield results?
4. You are bashing him for lying when you yourself lied about him calling for a mass claim in Ender’s Game? Seem at best hypocritical (and possibly indiciative of Cognitive Dissonancne) for you to say “oops, my mistake” and assume it isn’t scummy while hammering him for saying he made a mistake in his statement about not playing in games with names.
5. You directly said he was an idiot in that recently ended game. Are you trying to assert that he suddenly not going to play very similarly? Are you suggesting that your opinion of him is an ‘idiot’ but he is making scum moves not idiotic moves here?

--

Antifinity wrote:vote: Maruchan crazy defensive, just... omg.

Actually he’s far from crazy defensive.

Antifinity wrote:vote:kiwieagle trying very hard to distance himself from the terrible-lynch that clearly isn't going through instead of scum-hunting. Also a little OMGUS, I admit.

So here is where you earn my vote.

1. You are calling it a terrible lynch yet you supported it until you jumped off to OMGUS right here. Scum point 1. If it was such a terrible wagon why did you jump on so late with the horrible reasoning I pointed out above?
2. Actually distancing from a wagon is what you are doing right here – you hop of the wagon you previously supported and call it bad. When someone has never supported a wagon and attacks votes on it that’s not distancing. Scum point 2. Also, your inside knowledge is showing … only scum would know that the Maruchan wagon needs to be distanced from as they would know it was on a Town (or more properly non-Mafia) player.
3. How do you know the wagon isn’t going through again? People are lining up to attack Maruchan with bad reasoning and on issues I don’t see as scum-motivated play. Havingfitz is hovering overhead like a hawk suggesting he’d vote for Maruchan.

UNVOTE: kiwieagle
VOTE: Antifinity

Hop on board people this is a solid wagon.

--

havingfitz wrote:I find Maru a bit VI-ish so I don't have a problem with SD's ~RV? policy vote. I would not support a VI policy lynch if there are better options...which I would hope there are by the end of the day. That said..Maru has asked for the attention he is getting and I would think scum (whether Maru is scum not) would be taking a backseat to Maru's antics (i.e. the nameclaim query, his over the top defensiveness, and his untruth regarding his experience) and letting town do all the work. I'm on the fence as to whether Maru is bad town or bad scum. I'd probably put my first non-RV vote on him if it wasn't going to put him at L-1 so early in the game. I'll UNVOTE: for now and FoS Maru as a placeholder for an impending vote on him unless someone pings my radar harder.

I’m glad you are upfront on your fence-sitting.

Please elaborate on why you think he’s scum. Because of the three items you listed as antics (which you specifically avoided calling scum-tells) I see inquiring about a name-claim (not scum motivated at all), over-defensiviness (which he isn’t but isn’t a scum-tell anyway but a newb-tell), and lying (which may be a scum-tell). Is there anything else to your suspicion other than people have been piling on him?

--

xvart wrote:This is absolutely the most horrid "policy." Lynching someone on D1 because they were mislynched on D1 in one other game? This looks like a terrible way of getting on the popular wagon for an "alternative" reason.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow Dancer

Wasn’t Shadow’s vote one of the earliest votes for Maru? Looking at the VC he was the second vote. I agree his reasoning is highly suspect but your “Looking to get on a popular wagon” doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

So why don’t you join me on Antifinity. It’s a good wagon based on his craptastic reasoning and distancing from the wagon as shown above.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:48 am

Post by ooba »

MoI, you played with Maruchan before and had a bad experience of some kind? You seem to be treating him with kid's gloves this game .. You didn't jump on to both the rolefish in 11 and the response to the mass nameclaim in 50 was tamer than expected.

Per's 54 looks like a forced content add on - what is funny about SD's post?

Reads for now .. LC, Maru are both town. SD sounds like the same arrogant town he is - but I'll need to read a scum game of his. I'll wait for Antifinity's response before passing judgement on him. Per is scum.

Vote: Per

P.S: Forgot to add - Vezo is definetly town. You can take it to the bank.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 am

ooba wrote:MoI, you played with Maruchan before and had a bad experience of some kind? You seem to be treating him with kid's gloves this game .. You didn't jump on to both the rolefish in 11 and the response to the mass nameclaim in 50 was tamer than expected.

No I haven't.

Why would you expect me to jump on Pre-game 'rolefishing' harshly?

Why is my reaction to a question about whether a mass-role claim is useful not what you expected?

I need your reasoning as to why you expected a different reaction from me.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 am

Double Posting like a Boss ...

ooba wrote:
Per's 54 looks like a forced content add on - what is funny about SD's post?

What exactly is forced about 54? This is before Shadow elaborated on why Peregrine was a valid Policy lynch. Why shouldn't someone who was listed as a valid policy lynch on a list of 2 inquire about it?

ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:12 am

Post by ooba »

From my previous experience with you, you jump on every small thing. So thought it was odd that you didn't admonish or question Maruchan about why he made that comment. Generally the tone with respect to Maruchan was off - "Massclaim is generally bad so let's drop it" is what I would have expected. Thought it was due to some history between the two of you in some recent game and worth checking out..

I've mention what I found forced about it but highlighting it here.
lol
- I'm curious about this too.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@xvart- I don't think so. It's from my old school D&D days (Fiend Folio), but any time they came up, we fought about how to pronounce it. Afterwards, we would settle on "hairy, ugly goblins" or "x-goblins" when referring to them.

@Maru- So have you ever played a theme game like this before?

@Antifinity- But Kiwi is right about the whole page 4 thing.

Unvote.
Vote: Antinfinity

@ooba- Well, since I've been playing, people have been saying "policy lynch" about other players. Once the game starts, or I have ever read the other games, I see what they are talking about. However, since I've never done that (flaking, breaking rules, insta-claiming, etc.) I was really curious as to why someone would think so. And it's still funny to me. If I used Shadow's criteria of day1 mislynch to set my list of policy lynches, it wouldn't make sense to even play.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Lord Chronos: Why the vote on me? Please explain with your own words.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”