Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Saulres, this is why you don't make scum-team predictions. ;)

JUS SAYIN!

Also don't ever forget the favorite tool of scum, WIFOM. If any doc claims today with a save, I highly doubt they are being legit. More likely scum claiming to save, so as to A: Make town think they have a doc when they don't, B: Out the real doc, C: Clear one of their own.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Fuck yeah!

Wicked cool and awesome, all at once. I'm really annoyed that Glowball wasn't scum, but No Death is freaking sweet.

@Saul, I agree with you. Personally I think it is either 1 or 2. I don't think they wouldn't have submitted due to lack of activity. That would require Auckmind, Mr. Trow and myself to be the scum team. I think that's all who wasn't active. (Technically I'm still on V/LA--still hunting, but the place I'm staying now has internet so I'll try to keep up to date and post as often as I can). And since I can't really see that happening, I'm thinking that it's unlikely.

But we either have a freaking AWESOME doctor or a freaking AWESOME roleblocker.

AND! If we have a cop (don't reveal yourself, but we can keep this in mind), then we either have 1 confirmed scum (from the roleblocker) or 1 confirmed town.
All this stuff can come to light later on in the game (I don't think now is the opportune moment), but it's exciting to consider. I'm pretty glad I checked the thread this evening. Pathetically, yes, this made my night. I'm just happy I'm not dead. And if we have a doctor and you saved me, then thanks for keeping me around.

I think a re-read is definitely in order. We can now take all of Glowball's reads seriously... well.. as confirmed townie reads anyway--and that has to count for a little something. We know she wasn't distancing from anyone, so we can take that into consideration.

Personally, I want to take an in-depth look at Lane and Maruchan, since they were Glowball's big reads. I guess I'll also look at Saulres, but I have a gut townie read on him still, and I don't think Glowball ever stated a case on him (regardless of whether or not I agreed with that case at the time). SEE GLOWBALL--THIS is where your reads are helpful. And YES, I'm following them up. And YES that's why we asked you questions to start with (I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but if you're still reading this game, can you understand this point of view now? There's information to be found through every flip, and through every person's suspicions).

So yeah, that's how I'm going to be approaching this day.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Supreme Overlord »

lane0168 wrote:why is fake scummy? because town act like town. scum try to act like town. any of the fake town, would be scum. Because i think that having that whole ploy about not posting purposefully until someone calls him out on it so he can confirm them as town seemed over the top. and i dont believe that was the real intent behind the whole deal. I believe the whole intent was so that people would see him as being more townie as a result of him calling someone else confirmed town. and in general i just think maruchans scum hunting, and attitude towards pressure is just fake. he seems like he was trying not to care too much with a purpose. i find maruchan scummy. i still do. i think maru is the best lynch today.
OK, so you're using 'fake' as a synonym for 'scummy'. Got it. As for Maruchan's actions, while I don't think his lurking idea was a good one, and I don't buy his conclusions, I don't find it particularly scummy, nor out or character for him.

lane0168 wrote:Did you think that maru's purposeful not posting was a legitimate strategy? because i dont see it like that at all
I think it was stupid and useless, but since I don't think it damaged the town at all, I don't see it as indicative of alignment.

lane wrote:thunder is strong and committed on his attacks. top of the list. i have committed at least even if you dont think my case is strong. i think its strong. stronger than amruns case on me thats for sure. amrun hasn't changed her mind on me either. plus doesnt see the glowball case. she is way up there in townie. i havent changed my mind on maru, am committed to it, and also resist the glowball wagon, yet i'm bottom of the list. I am not following this. i do not understand why i am so low. dont get me wrong, i'm not trying to catch you in a trap by any means. i think you are pretty genuine in your scum hunting. i just dont understand this.
Since, according to my list, you're my top suspect right now, I'm going to go back and do a more in-depth case on you, but the essence is this: While you had been on Maruchan all day, I didn't think your reasons were strong and you seemed unwilling to consider changing your mind. You kept asserting that Maruchan was scummy without going into much detail (as opposed to, say, thunder, who was actively talking to glowball and trying to coax reasons from her, while laying out a case).

Hoppster wrote:I like my mothrax case. Why don't you? (Ie. please show your working.)
On mothrax's meta, I see three seperate points:
1. NS 'lynching a kitten' etc - This is the bit I like least about his meta-stuff; however I can see how, from mothrax's perspective, it's reasonable to show that lurking (which might otherwise be quite subjective as a tell) is not necessarily indicative of NS-scum.
2. Glowball is scummy regardless of meta was a point I agreed with; the difference that I see is that glowball's play was objectively scummy, while NS's lurking was more subjective - therefore, glowball definitely deserves a lynch while NS may or may not, which he then used other games to show.
3. Maruchan self-metaing is different to mothrax NS-metaing; self-metaing is useless because if you're aware of your meta you can manipulate it. However, mothrax wasn't self-metaing; he was metaing NS, who, while it was the same slot, he had no control over NS's actions, so the meta is a bit more valid.

On Maruchan worrying about pressure and glowball asking to be lynched:
Firstly, 'overlooking the logical continuation of glowball-town' is not scummy. An unfortunate oversight, perhaps, but not scummy.
Also, Maruchan's response to the pressure of votes was along the lines of 'keep them coming'; in my opinion, Maruchan and glowball were somewhat similar in terms of reaction to votes, trying to be blithe about it in the hopes that the votes won't be taken seriously and not followed.

So that's why I'm not entirely sold on your mothrax case.

Saulres, I doubt #3 as well; there are 3 scum and they had all weekend; I'm sure one of them got their action in. (Although it does look like night went for 72 hours, so it's possible actions weren't submitted, but it's also possible a VT didn't send a 'No Action' PM)

Maruchan, which of Saulres' scenarios do you think is most likely?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 627, Supreme Overlord wrote:
lane0168 wrote:Did you think that maru's purposeful not posting was a legitimate strategy? because i dont see it like that at all
I think it was stupid and useless, but since I don't think it damaged the town at all, I don't see it as indicative of alignment.

Maruchan, which of Saulres' scenarios do you think is most likely?

Depending on the Scum Team, 4 is a valid possibility, that I do NOT want to overlook (See: My completed Newbie game, Packbat's Reaction to N1 ScumKill). If there are scum who (like me) love them some good 'ol WIFOM in the mornin, 4 is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Three is possible in some games, but I don't think there are any combination of three players in this game who are inactive enough for the lack of nightkill to be an inactive scumteam.

Therefor, I find 1 or 2 most likely, as to which? That depends on what the scumteam decided pre-game.

As to the first bit of your post I quoted, I agree. I was merely doing it to prove a point to glowball, that deliberately doing something anti-town to see how other people react to it, does not make the move a pro-town move. (Re: her deliberately ignoring my questions to see if I noticed)
Show
Join Now!

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 626, thunderwielder wrote:If we have a cop (don't reveal yourself, but we can keep this in mind), then we either have 1 confirmed scum (from the roleblocker) or 1 confirmed town.

How do you figure? Assuming it's my #1 or #2...

1 cop + 1 roleblocker: 1 confirmed scum from the roleblocker. The cop has 3 possibilities: 1 confirmed town, an additional confirmed scum, or no additional confirmed scum (if they investigated the same person who the roleblocker blocked).

1 cop + 1 doctor: 1 confirmed town from the doc. The cop has 3 possibilities: 1 confirmed scum, an additional confirmed town, or no additional confirmed town from the cop (if they investigated the same person who the doctor protected).

If we don't have a cop (so 1 roleblocker + 1 doctor): No confirmations at all until a person they targeted flips the opposite -- the doctor protecting a flipped scum would mean the roleblocker knows a scum, the roleblocker blocking a flipped townie means the doctor knows a townie).
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Maruchan wrote:As to the first bit of your post I quoted, I agree. I was merely doing it to prove a point to glowball, that deliberately doing something anti-town to see how other people react to it, does not make the move a pro-town move. (Re: her deliberately ignoring my questions to see if I noticed)
Ah, yes, I knew there was some other reason. A dodgy move, but I don't think the motivation was dodgy.

saulres wrote:1 cop + 1 roleblocker: 1 confirmed scum from the roleblocker. The cop has 3 possibilities: 1 confirmed town, an additional confirmed scum, or no additional confirmed scum (if they investigated the same person who the roleblocker blocked).

1 cop + 1 doctor: 1 confirmed town from the doc. The cop has 3 possibilities: 1 confirmed scum, an additional confirmed town, or no additional confirmed town from the cop (if they investigated the same person who the doctor protected).

If we don't have a cop (so 1 roleblocker + 1 doctor): No confirmations at all until a person they targeted flips the opposite -- the doctor protecting a flipped scum would mean the roleblocker knows a scum, the roleblocker blocking a flipped townie means the doctor knows a townie).
And this is why I consider saulres town these days.
Somebody's
thinking.

I won't have a chance to do a detailed case on lane until tomorrow, and maybe not even then, so I don't want to put a vote there until I've reevaluated. Mothrax I want to do something good today; I'll wait until he posts. Going up my list in #590, I've got no read on MrTrow. I'll put some pressure on that slot until I can consolidate my thoughts on lane and mothrax.

Mod: Is MrTrow being replaced?

VOTE: MrTrow
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 628, Maruchan wrote:Depending on the Scum Team, 4 is a valid possibility, that I do NOT want to overlook (See: My completed Newbie game, Packbat's Reaction to N1 ScumKill).

For those of you who want to know what he's talking about, I've done the research. You can thank me later :P

Packbat's reaction referenced above was to throw out the possibility that the scum team did not kill anyone in order to give us WIFOM. I interpret that in this case as meaning that Maruchan wants us to think that by the scumteam intentionally not doing anything, almost all my evaluation two posts above is meaningless.

I suppose this could be considered a good pro-town call. But then he says:

Maruchan wrote:If there are scum who (like me) love them some good 'ol WIFOM in the mornin, 4 is definitely something to keep an eye on.

Let's remember that Maruchan was also on glowball's short list, and see if we think the above is actually useful, or Maruchan being scummy and trying to make us discredit my post so we don't take it into account later. I know one way to find out which it was.

Vote: Maruchan
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Maruchan »

I wasn't trying to say #4 was what happened to discredit your posts, I was saying we need to NOT throw it out the window as a possibility.

As you said, Packbat threw it out the window as a possibility, and I (as scum no less) WARNED him against throwing out the scum-r-WIFOMing option. Which is exactly what happened.

I just like to always make sure nobody ever out-rules any possibility of anything based on "It is unlikely scum would do that." Because as soon as you say that, that exponentially increases the likeliness that scum will do it.

I'm not sure what the "current site meta" is what I believe the term is, right now. But I know when I am scum I either try to do the WIFOMiest Night Option, or do the most stupidly obvious it wouldn't seem possible option.
Show
Join Now!

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by lane0168 »

no i'm not using fake as a synonym for scummy. i'm using fake as a synonym for not genuine. which i think is just the definition of fake. i'm saying that fake is being scummy. his newest reason for the ploy makes a lot more sense. it would have been nice if we had a little more conversation before maruchan laid down the hammer. some final decisions or replies i thought were in order. i didnt feel like everyone had made their peace. but its not unlike scum to hammer shortly after L-1 vote is placed.

glowball town. shocking.

vote: maruchan

i'm also not the only one that said they'd be willing to vote maruchan. guess i should have picked mothrax. dont worry. havent forgotten my list of reads. just havent had a bunch of time to get my justifications in order.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Lane, I hammered because She had been in my scum-reads al lday, and we already knew she wasn't going to claim.

More conversation?
You're kidding me right?

WE WERE LESS THAN TWENTY FOUR HOURS FROM FUCKING DEADLINE.

I hammered to make sure that some idiot wouldn't unvote and force a no lynch.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Next time I will be sure to let deadline hit without hammering when I have the chance though. But you can't call me scum for letting no lynch happen!
Show
Join Now!

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by lane0168 »

not how i see it. i will not be going against how i feel anymore. i tried that. and we mis lynched.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Not how you see it?

So what, you think if I hadn't hammered, there was no chance in hell a No Lynch would happen?

With 24 hours left and anybody NOT voting her was pretty much refusing to vote her?

If I hadn't hammered when I did, I doubt we'd have had a lynch yesterday at all.
Show
Join Now!

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 630, Supreme Overlord wrote:Mod: Is MrTrow being replaced?VOTE: MrTrow

He declared V/LA until Friday, so...no.

Votecount 2.2: The "I Forgot where the flavor was supposed to go today" Votecount

Maruchan (2): saulres, lane0168

MrTrow (1): Supreme Overlord

Not Voting (8)
: Amrun, Auckmid, MrTrow, Maruchan, Hoppster, mothrax, RoboThor, thunderwielder

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: September 13th, 7 am EST ((expired on 2011-09-17 07:00:00))

Auckmid is painfully LA until Sat. thunderwielder is V/LA. MrTrow is V/LA until Friday.
Last edited by Xalxe on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:05 am

Post by thunderwielder »

@ Saulres--that's exactly was I was trying to get at.
I'm saying that if we had a cop, then we would have a guaranteed confirmation of a town or a scum (regardless of who the cop investigated). In a perfect world, we have a cop and a roleblocker, and the cop also investigated someone who turned out to be scum, and right now we have two confirmed scum and don't know it.
If we DON'T have a cop, it becomes a little more finicky, because then we don't have anything confirmed for sure, but we will eventually. I was just listing out possibilities to consider later on down the road--I don't think it benefits us even if we have two confirmed scum through roleblocker/cop action, because then we'd out our power roles day 2, which is not beneficial to us. Even if we don't catch scum for the next two days, that'll give our information people more time to act.
SO--we should have no reveals just yet, but it's always something to keep in the back of our minds. For later.

Moving on.

@Maruchan (or anyone can answer the general time specific questions)--how much time was left on the deadline when you hammered? Why? You are a very active poster, as we've all seen, so I'm sure you could have waited to hammer closer to the deadline, right? Or I am wrong here? Please maybe enlighten me some more. I don't think you can justify it as "Anybody NOT voting her was pretty much refusing to vote her" because we hadn't even heard from RoboThor or Mr.Trow. I think that comment applies only to Amrun (she seemed to be one of the only people defending Glowball to the end, which gives her townie points in my book).
---I also don't like how Maruchan's trying to keep all the options open in terms of Night Kill speculation. I agree with Saul, this is a possible discrediting factor.

@Lane, I'm also interested in your list now. Especially now that Glowball's gone. So we have Maruchan, Mothrax, and who else?

@Supreme Overlord.
Well, I don't really know if I have a question for you, but I'm curious as to why you're voting Mr. Trow. If you suspect Lane, vote for Lane. It'll take six votes to vote him out, there's no real chance of anything happening while you're away, unless you're going to be away for quite some time. To me, this looks like suspicious behaviour. I have a townish read on you, so this action startles me quite.
Clearly Mr. Trow is going to be away until Friday. It says so in the votecount... So a vote for activity is a little bogus. (I agree with you, his inactivity is annoying and ridiculous--but has it verged on scum behaviour yet? If so, can you explain to me why?) It seems like more scummy behaviour to vote in terms of activity, especially since you have a solid suspicion. I feel that a scum member could place a vote there, then say "hey, peacing out for a bit" and come back hoping to find more votes on an inactive player, and then lynch them out (I'm not saying that I think Mr. Trow is solid 100% townie, definitely far from that). I think we have better options to pursue rather than wasting a vote and a voice like that.

PEdit - Xalxe beat me to it.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:11 am

Post by thunderwielder »

EBWODP
@MOD

Is Auckmind away until this COMING saturday? Because I thought he was only away until saturday as in two days ago.

If that's the case, we're down two voices for pretty much the whole time. They'd better have a lot to freaking say when they get back.
Show
W:
L:

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 640, thunderwielder wrote:EBWODP
@MOD

Is Auckmind away until this COMING saturday? Because I thought he was only away until saturday as in two days ago.

If that's the case, we're down two voices for pretty much the whole time. They'd better have a lot to freaking say when they get back.

Hmm...you know, you're probably right and he should be back by now.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Hoppster »

In post 624, saulres wrote:Interesting. And in a good way.

This means, to me at least, one of four things:

1) We have a doc who protected the right person
2) We have a roleblocker who blocked the right person
3) The scum were AWOL and didn't get their actions in
4) The scum intentionally didn't kill anyone.

I can't see any benefit to the scum to do #4, so I dismiss that.

#3 will be worth pursuing to see who was out as early targets for investigation.

#2 -- if it was this, good job roleblocker, block the same person tonight!

#1 -- nice choice doc, I hope you have the same luck (or skill) tonight!

Now that my triple-threat theory is blown out of the water, I'll have to look back through yesterday's posts again and see what else might stand out to me. That's going to take some time.

If there is a Roleblocker, they shouldn't
definitely
roleblock the same person tonight. They should
consider
it. If the Roleblocker did indeed stop the kill carried out by scum, then announcing to the whole playerlist that the Roleblocker will RB the same person tonight effectively makes that Roleblocker useless. Scum can just get a different player to carry out the kill.

Maruchan wrote:But I know when I am scum I either try to do the WIFOMiest Night Option, or do the most stupidly obvious it wouldn't seem possible option.

In ALLLL of my scum-games, I have
never
considered making a No Kill, or any kill, for 'teehee Wine-in-front-of-me' (loldatrhymes), and I don't believe my team-mates have contemplated such things either.

You are probably the only person here who would consider such a thing. You claim to be town. Therefore, you shouldn't worry about it.

In post 627, Supreme Overlord wrote:
Hoppster wrote:I like my mothrax case. Why don't you? (Ie. please show your working.)
On mothrax's meta, I see three seperate points:
1. NS 'lynching a kitten' etc - This is the bit I like least about his meta-stuff; however I can see how, from mothrax's perspective, it's reasonable to show that lurking (which might otherwise be quite subjective as a tell) is not necessarily indicative of NS-scum.
2. Glowball is scummy regardless of meta was a point I agreed with; the difference that I see is that glowball's play was objectively scummy, while NS's lurking was more subjective - therefore, glowball definitely deserves a lynch while NS may or may not, which he then used other games to show.
3. Maruchan self-metaing is different to mothrax NS-metaing; self-metaing is useless because if you're aware of your meta you can manipulate it. However, mothrax wasn't self-metaing; he was metaing NS, who, while it was the same slot, he had no control over NS's actions, so the meta is a bit more valid.

On Maruchan worrying about pressure and glowball asking to be lynched:
Firstly, 'overlooking the logical continuation of glowball-town' is not scummy. An unfortunate oversight, perhaps, but not scummy.
Also, Maruchan's response to the pressure of votes was along the lines of 'keep them coming'; in my opinion, Maruchan and glowball were somewhat similar in terms of reaction to votes, trying to be blithe about it in the hopes that the votes won't be taken seriously and not followed.

So that's why I'm not entirely sold on your mothrax case.

1+2. Perhaps it's reasonable to defend his predecessor with meta. However, what is NOT reasonable, is then to refuse to accept a defence of another player (who incidentally was the major opposing wagon) where this defence is also meta. Glowball's playstyle IS abrasive, just as mothrax argued that Nobody Special's playstyle IS active lurking. There is no difference. Had mothrax replaced into glowball's slot he very well could have made a similar defence of his predecessor as he did with Nobody Special.

3. Mothrax is self-meta'ing his own slot, so is just as potentially biased as somebody self-meta'ing themselves.

4. Overlooking something by itself is not a scum-tell, but this was overlooking something of glowball's, who mothrax was voting and pushing for a lynch, which points to mothrax not paying attention to glowball's posts, which suggests a mentality of 'OKAY LET ME JUST PUSH THIS COUNTER-WAGON WITHOUT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ACTUAL PERSON I'M WAGONING'.

VOTE: mothrax

In post 602, lane0168 wrote:Undeiniable truths.

Glowball flip gives more information than a mothrax flip
My change of heart comes after I came out of the shit storm more scummy to her

My truths

Her information is worth more than her weak scum hunting
If she flips scum I like maruchan even more because I feel her case on me was to create discredit to me because I won't get off the maru vote. I'm not sure she will, but her information is still worth more than her play. I guess if she flips scum it could just make me look scummier for what people called my denfense and now my bussing. I trust this won't be the case.

Call it omgus if you wish glow. I don't have correct symbols on my vote but unvote vote glowball

lane, in this post, did you think glowball was town or scum?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 639, thunderwielder wrote:@Maruchan (or anyone can answer the general time specific questions)--how much time was left on the deadline when you hammered? Why? You are a very active poster, as we've all seen, so I'm sure you could have waited to hammer closer to the deadline, right? Or I am wrong here? Please maybe enlighten me some more. I don't think you can justify it as "Anybody NOT voting her was pretty much refusing to vote her" because we hadn't even heard from RoboThor or Mr.Trow. I think that comment applies only to Amrun (she seemed to be one of the only people defending Glowball to the end, which gives her townie points in my book).
---I also don't like how Maruchan's trying to keep all the options open in terms of Night Kill speculation. I agree with Saul, this is a possible discrediting factor.

We had just barely 19 hours left until deadline, and it was almost 6PM my time. At 8PM my TV show would have come on, went until 9PM then I would have went to bed, woken up the next morning, goen to school, and not been home until jsut before 4PM.

That would have been 22 hours.

During the last 20 of that 22 hours, I could not guarantee I would have had the chance to log in, whatsoever, and I did not want to risk it. Why did I not wait the extra two hours? I have shitty memory, like legit. I'll walk downstairs to get a glass of koolaid and while I am down there I'll decide I want a string cheese, and get all the way back upstairs before I remember I left my glass of koolaid on the counter. I didn't want to risk forgetting to put my vote on her.

As for me telling you guys not to rule out options being scummy? Seriously? Ok.
-fakescenario-
-me+Saulres are scumbuddies-
IM CLAIMING DOCTOR!!!!!
I WAS ON SAULRES LAST NIGHT!!!!!
no ccs?
WE'RE BOTH CLEAR
-/fake scenario-

so yeah. Scum No Kill is a viable option, and I will not rule it out unless you give me some SERIOUSLY convincing facts as to how it is impossible that it happened.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 642, Hoppster wrote:
Maruchan wrote:But I know when I am scum I either try to do the WIFOMiest Night Option, or do the most stupidly obvious it wouldn't seem possible option.

In ALLLL of my scum-games, I have
never
considered making a No Kill, or any kill, for 'teehee Wine-in-front-of-me' (loldatrhymes), and I don't believe my team-mates have contemplated such things either.

You are probably the only person here who would consider such a thing. You claim to be town. Therefore, you shouldn't worry about it.

Like I said, I am not familiar with what you guys call "the current sitewide meta", all I know is it is something I personally would do, and therefore I wouldn't so easily rule it out.

Afterall, if they had NKed last night, and now today they are getting exactly what they want. We're debating whether or not they would have possibly NKed, and some people are pointing scumfingers at a townie for suggesting it is a possible option.
Show
Join Now!

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Amrun »

v/la until tuesday
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
RoboThor
RoboThor
Townie
RoboThor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by RoboThor »

Sup.

Heres the scoop on the latest poop.

We got a storm of content coming in the near future, with a few a showers of suspicions and reads, followed by a probable vote.

My correspondent Thor is apparently a little slammed and needs a little time to catch up before we post anything.

Next up:
Little House on the Prairie
TROGDOR!!!!!

Stay tuned.

ps: so yeah, we'll be doing something soon for content.
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Supreme Overlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 pm

thunderwielder wrote:Well, I don't really know if I have a question for you, but I'm curious as to why you're voting Mr. Trow. If you suspect Lane, vote for Lane. It'll take six votes to vote him out, there's no real chance of anything happening while you're away, unless you're going to be away for quite some time. To me, this looks like suspicious behaviour. I have a townish read on you, so this action startles me quite.
My reason for voting Trow is twofold. Firstly, I'm using this vote as a message of sorts to MrTrow; I'm not necessarily expecting more activity from him, but it's letting him know that we haven't forgotton him and he needs to contribute ASAP. Secondly, it's somewhat of a marker to myself; I've found myself forgetting Trow was in the game (not a good sign), so when I read back over my posts later I can be reminded. How effective this will be we have yet to see, but since I'm not keen on voting lane until I get a chance to do a proper case (which may well change my opinion of him), it's a reasonable thing to do IMO.
thunder wrote:I think we have better options to pursue rather than wasting a vote and a voice like that.
Since I've not had as much time to post yesterday, today and likely tomorrow, my voice and vote aren't going to be much present anyway, so I think it's worthwhile to use what time I do have to donate to the game in making a smaller statement on Trow.

Hoppster wrote:In ALLLL of my scum-games, I have never considered making a No Kill, or any kill, for 'teehee Wine-in-front-of-me' (loldatrhymes), and I don't believe my team-mates have contemplated such things either.
I'd think the cons to no-killing outweigh the pros for scum, and while (since they know the setup), fake-claiming a doc save is less of a risk than usual, I'm pretty much working on the assumption that there was no scum kill because a member of the town stopped one. Scum tying themselves together with a doc claim and a fake-save is dangerous if we start to suspect either one.

Your mothrax case isn't terrible, but I'm just not entirely assured of the scumminess of it. Be assured, though, that I'll be keeping it in mind as I make my case on lane and decide who to vote.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 am

Post by saulres »

I find it interesting in light of mothrax's "Don't lynch for lurking" arguments that he's posting elsewhere, but not in this game. Was he setting himself up?

Time for me to do some research on him, I think.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:46 am

Post by saulres »

Well. That was enlightening.

mothrax's ISO shows me mostly that he thinks everyone is town except Maruchan, and then Trow for being inactive. Other than that it's mostly defending NS for lurking. 15 posts with no substantial content at all.

FoS: mothrax
On permanent
V/LA

Return to “Completed Open Games”