The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

And just a tip, me and Andy claiming the same role does NOT mean we have the same likelihood of being scum, idiot.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 450, gandalf5166 wrote:And just a tip, me and Andy claiming the same role does NOT mean we have the same likelihood of being scum, idiot.

You don't know your alignment, but you know "you do not have the same likelihood of being scum"?
And I'm the idiot?
OK
:roll:
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 451, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 450, gandalf5166 wrote:And just a tip, me and Andy claiming the same role does NOT mean we have the same likelihood of being scum, idiot.

You don't know your alignment, but you know "you do not have the same likelihood of being scum"?
And I'm the idiot?
OK

My point is, just because we both said the same thing doesn't mean we're just as likely to be telling the truth.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 452, gandalf5166 wrote:

And I'm the idiot?
OK

My point is, just because we both said the same thing doesn't mean we're just as likely to be telling the truth.

So one of you could be lying? Since I doubt you think you are, do you think he is?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:58 am

Post by VitaminR »

Well, Katsuki is town.

Gut, please explain why you think Katsuki is scum.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 453, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 452, gandalf5166 wrote:

And I'm the idiot?
OK

So one of you could be lying? Since I doubt you think you are, do you think he is?

No, but apparently you think it's possible one of us are. I'm speaking from your perspective.
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

Vitamin, I think you are in the minority here with saying that Katsuki is town especially after that rampage over a little bit of pressure from MoI. Why is Katsuki town to you?

Your iso is full of weird contradictions. You say that Kanye might not be a bad lynch, but when Mockingjaye votes Kanye you say that vote was incredibly opportunistic? Does that in your eyes mean that Mockingjaye is looking for an easy vote? Is he bussing Kanye? Is Kanye's scumminess in your eyes independent of Mockingjaye's scumminess?

Also, with regards to the Lord Chronos vote, you make the same move by stating the wagon is lazy, but you go on and vote Chronos anyway after his post uses a lot of words to say very little. Why?

PeregrineV wrote:@Willow- So my vote was bad because the pun was bad? Or do you think my random vote was not random because the pun was bad? Please explain the difference.

Usually random votes are used to add up quickly for a pressure wagon to usher the game from nonsensical movement to actual scumhunting, but you present a reason for voting randomly that can possibly be used as an excuse to retract your vote later. That was why I didn't like your initial vote.

I feel like you are town, but your actions are ... unusual. O_o

Ot: Furc, have you forgiven me?

- Oversoul
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

okay let's go
ketchup time
FLASH OF GREEN
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 457, Ellibereth wrote:okay let's go
ketchup time

You're actually going to do something? I gotta check myself before I wreck myself.

- Oversoul
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Plum »

Feysal replaces Katsuki effective immediately. Vote Count will be posted soon and I'll do a prod-check then as well. Thank you for your patience.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

In post 458, Will-o-wisp wrote:
ketchup time

You're actually going to do something? I gotta check myself before I wreck myself.

- Oversoul

It's ok
Me doing nothing will always be more obvtown than you doing something.
FLASH OF GREEN
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Espeonage »

I feel like I need to post. However there really isn't much going on. Don't really feel like stirring the pot at the moment.
Don't @ me.
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 460, Ellibereth wrote:
In post 458, Will-o-wisp wrote:
ketchup time

- Oversoul

It's ok

Hohohoho you cheeky bastard. ;) It is rather unfortunate that scum people are blinded by their ignorance with accusations like this.

Would you look at that, two people prod dodging the crap out of Plum.

- Oversoul
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Chronopie »

/prod dodge. I'm about page 80 in the book irl.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 443, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 440, Empking wrote:
In post 439, Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, based on the sample role pm in the OP, you should know exactly whether or not you are mafia, regardless of flavor knowledge.

They're claiming not to know their role at all.

???

Hi.
Nice to meet you, MoS. I'm Andrius.

Anywho, as I claimed, I'm an unknown character with an unknown role who doesn't know how he wins.

lol @ Peregrine voting me. If you think our claims are bullshit then fine, but first: what did you think of gandalf's original claim?

<3 Feysal

Why do I feel like you're coasting by on the towncred I got? >_>
Seriously, just because you're in the same boat as me doesn't mean you can do nothing.
Because if we merge I'm going to beat you with a stick.
In post 461, Espeonage wrote:I feel like I need to post. However there really isn't much going on. Don't really feel like stirring the pot at the moment.

Post dammit.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, lets go ahead and sweep the "flavor cleared" business out like last years dress because it is sooo out of fashion now.

Andy says there is one convoluted scenario where both of them are going to be town. Gandalf lied about this business until AFTER Andy claimed it.

This is easy enough it makes a beautiful princess blush.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 465, SpyreX wrote:So, lets go ahead and sweep the "flavor cleared" business out like last years dress because it is sooo out of fashion now.

Andy says there is one convoluted scenario where both of them are going to be town. Gandalf lied about this business until AFTER Andy claimed it.

This is easy enough it makes a beautiful princess blush.

I see what you're getting at.
MEH.
HIS PLAY IS BAD, YES.
THE CLAIM IS CONVENIENT, YES.
BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE WE ARE BOTH TOWN.

HOPE BURNS BRIGHT.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I can't count past the number of fingers on my hand but even I know that from
your own mouth
the number of scenarios you say where this makes sense is 1.

I'm pretty sure that the number where it doesn't is larger than 1.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And no, don't think this means I've forgot about the Chrono twins. I wouldn't be said if they got conscripted to fight for my daddy as catapult fodder.

Unvote, Vote: Gandalf
Show

Proud member of BaM
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 468, SpyreX wrote:And no, don't think this means I've forgot about the Chrono twins. I wouldn't be said if they got conscripted to fight for my daddy as catapult fodder.

Unvote, Vote: Gandalf

Once again, why, as scum, would I have made the big fuss I did. And then how did I just happen to have a breadcrumb for Andy's role.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ask me a question mister baker.
Don't @ me.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

Emp
, IMO, the wagon was obv-dead a while before people started leaving it; that's what I meant.

Kanye
: I asked you a question. You can't have missed my post--it was the really big one mostly dedicated to you on page fifteen, so please respond.
mjaye wrote:Also, what is the status of [7]? Any of "those people jumping onto wagons off of that wagon" give you any scum vibes, or are they really all off the wagon? And who are they again?
And by [7], I am referring to my analysis of one of your earlier posts. Feel free to address anything else I said, too.

Vitamin
: I disagree with your opinion that the post of Kanye's that I analyzed is insignificant. I find it VERY significant.

Wisp
: Vitamin changed his mind about Kanye after Kanye originally posted Post 227/ISO 16, which could be why he takes issue with my choosing the post that changed his mind and made him think Kanye was town as the post that convinced me Kanye was scum. (I'm presuming here,
Vitamin
, so if I'm wrong, tell me. Also, as it was the post that appears to have changed your mind about Kanye, why do you find it so insignificant?)

Andy
: I've missed you, too. <3

Basically I'm happy with my vote being on Kanye. Empking is still getting away with his "questions as content", which doesn't help my opinion of his scumminess, either. In response to Andy, I think Kats is scummy. I don't like how the discussion between him and MoI devolved into something so nasty; it really made reading unpleasant. Now I want to see how I feel about the replacement before making a final call on that slot. As for Spyrex, he's a beautiful princess, so he's either telling the truth and is town or he is scum that is investigation-immune; if he weren't one or the other, he would have to know he's putting himself out there as a high-risk for investigation, and that would be decidedly bad for scum.

As for Gandalf and Andy, them not knowing their own alignments leaves the question as to how to handle them. Of the two, Gandalf's claim is definitely more problematic than Andy's, but like he keeps pointing out, also doesn't make sense as a scum-play. I'd rather hold off on acting on that today, though, because I really want to see what Plum is up to with this and at least give it until tomorrow. (And as Andy knows, I'm wickedly curious about the "stories" told by the mods. :wink: )
may the odds be ever in your favor...
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Wraith »

Hang on, I just realized something.

Didn't Turin Turambar get his memories wiped and romance his own sister at some point?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:00 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 472, Wraith wrote:Hang on, I just realized something.

Didn't Turin Turambar get his memories wiped and romance his own sister at some point?

Great ... more flavor speculation. :mad:
WHO IS SCUM? Your ISO is basically Prod-dodging and this.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Empking wrote:^disappointing

This little bit of fluff caused me to look at the Empking ISO and compare it to Empking Town in Jungle Republic and Empking Scum in [REDACTED] and A Song of Fire and Ice.

The results say “SCUM”.

--

Ellie wrote:It's ok

No, because you doing nothing is playing to your scum meta.

--

Espeonage wrote:I feel like I need to post. However there really isn't much going on. Don't really feel like stirring the pot at the moment.

Espeonage wrote:Ask me a question mister baker.

Ok, so Espeonage is scum. Lovely.

I get double bonus points if he is Investigation Immune scum of some sort baiting an investigation like Wolframhart’s game.

--

Andrius wrote:]Just because its bastard doesn't mean it would go against good solid flavor.

This is why I find your flavor speculation so troublesome. Source flavor may not have ANYTHING to do with the source material or not. It is absolutely true that being a Bastard game may have nothing to do with alignments not equalling flavor. It may also be relevant. So continuing to discuss source flavor as if it absolutely dictates game alignment I find troublesome.

For example … everyone is assuming all the ‘major players’ will be in the game and Town (as far as I can tell .. not really flavor savy myself). Why isn’t it possible one of them is a fake-claim or contra-alignment designated this game. Until we get flips I’m assuming nothing (and even then will probably need someone to help sort out the “Yes, they make sense as Town” bit).

Andrius wrote:Ok, Magna, regardless of the fact that I'm failing in every attempt to prove myself, you DO understand my point, right?

Yes, you are clearly explaining your position. I just don’t necessarily ascribe to it at this juncture sans flips. Thus my comments.

--

Vitamin wrote:Well, Katsuki is town.

Is this based on the replace-out request? If so explain how scum don’t replace out under pressure.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”