Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm going to call it on the argument with Quilford, I know what I'm like and will dominate discussion for the rest of the game by refusing to shut it. It would be a very bad idea to continue it because I could and would argue my points until the end of the world. So I'm stopping it now. Conclusion: The case was bad and made Quilford look scummy.

I would be willing to compromise and vote for raceman since I can see an issue there.

Lol, I'll do the ranking thing out of humor.
Prozac
Thor
---
---
Quilford
---
---
---
(...two pages later...)
Hayl - BUT I think it's about time I pulled myself together. Mind Screw V was probably the peak of my crapness and an embarrassment to myself...along with that game where I forgot about the changes to what's considered 'normal' in a normal game and claimed an impossible role. Point is, everyone has shit games and it shouldn't be allowed to influence their next one except to learn from mistakes. Newbies, spectators, if you don't take anything else away from this game, take that because it's really important.

Now lets give it some old Hayl play.

I want the main points on the case on Thor, thorough reasoning and evidence provided, please.

Prozac is replacing Lizk and I'm still convinced that slots town.

Gen_Wolf wrote:Deadline is lurking! We need activity people!

You have nothing else to comment on? Why not try generating discussion yourself if you feel it's lacking?

About Prozac's post (game post 620), I'm not sure why the vote on Thor here, personally if I was going to vote for one of them for it, it would have been Lunita for going along with Thor and buddying. Obviously, I don't like that Thor initiated something like that but I see it as the lesser of two evils in this circumstance.

Prozac wrote:Haylen looks like she's lurking...

Lol, really? About 7 posts before yours, I made a big post and a few smaller ones.

Prozac wrote:Wow, you went right on the crazy defensive train there, Haylz. (Haylz makes you sound chavvy, I won't be saying that again) Its not a good look for you.:(

I know :( It's in my nature to go out of my way to prove a point hence the quote wars with Quilford.

Raise of hands please. How many people think the Hayl/Quilford thing was town v town? Scum v scum? town v scum?

I need to have a serious think. I'm not going to writing a town list because I don't want to give my top town reads away, but my current top list for scum is Quilford, Gen_Wolf and Racerman.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Porochaz »

It was as I was reading. So it wasn't up to date.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Haylen »

In post 651, Porochaz wrote:It was as I was reading. So it wasn't up to date.

Understood.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 622, Porochaz wrote:Gen_Wolf, how old are you? On a scale of 1 to 10, how mature would you say you are? I ask because I think it would help me work out your alignment.

Thor is scum and townie looking lunita is a blind sheep and its very upsetting to see her being led astray.

Haylen looks like she's lurking...

Haha well im 18 and by the sounds of it you doing think im very mature! To be honest I think I am, however, i struggle to take a lot of things seriously so there is a difference! I also get frustrated easily!
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

My thoughts on the racerman issue are:

Are they not more likely to be town than scum purely based on the fact that if it was a scum role the replacements would be more likely to work at making time to play rather than asking for a replacement? It is a little bit of a risk but lets be honest it is more exciting to be scum that townie!

Is this bad logic? Am i being stupid?

I do realize it is a little bit of a risk, but it could be more harmful to town if we vote another townie off rather than wait for a replacement who will actually contribute to the game and then we can get a proper read?

Thoughts?
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 653, Gen_Wolf wrote:
In post 622, Porochaz wrote:Gen_Wolf, how old are you? On a scale of 1 to 10, how mature would you say you are? I ask because I think it would help me work out your alignment.

Thor is scum and townie looking lunita is a blind sheep and its very upsetting to see her being led astray.

Haylen looks like she's lurking...

Haha well im 18 and by the sounds of it you dont think im very mature! To be honest I think I am, however, i struggle to take a lot of things seriously so there is a difference! I also get frustrated easily!

EBWOP
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Quilford »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: racerman13
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

ShadowJetX replaces racerman13, effective right now. I'll have another votecount later on tonight (lab reports, sadly, do not write themselves :( )
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 654, Gen_Wolf wrote:My thoughts on the racerman issue are:

Are they not more likely to be town than scum purely based on the fact that if it was a scum role the replacements would be more likely to work at making time to play rather than asking for a replacement? It is a little bit of a risk but lets be honest it is more exciting to be scum that townie!

Not really. I can't quite explain why (I don't really know how to explain it), but generally people's selfishness is greater than their desire to play as scum, especially as scum.

In post 654, Gen_Wolf wrote:I do realize it is a little bit of a risk, but it could be more harmful to town if we vote another townie off rather than wait for a replacement who will actually contribute to the game and then we can get a proper read?

Racerman and his predecessors have given us a read through their lack of contribution.

PEdit: That was fast.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Hey, Poro - am I scum because you think my reads are superficial or because I ask people to sheep me and they do? I'm not quite sure what your accusing me of.

Also - still on record for wanting your take on the effortless/Thor exchange.

Also, also, you're lizk, not effortless.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 654, Gen_Wolf wrote:Are they not more likely to be town than scum purely based on the fact that if it was a scum role the replacements would be more likely to work at making time to play rather than asking for a replacement? It is a little bit of a risk but lets be honest it is more exciting to be scum that townie!

Only if they like playing scum more than town.

In post 650, Haylen wrote:About Prozac's post (game post 620), I'm not sure why the vote on Thor here, personally

My prediction: I don't think I've ever played a game with Poro before, so he's at meta loss with me.

In post 650, Haylen wrote:Raise of hands please. How many people think the Hayl/Quilford thing was town v town? Scum v scum? town v scum?

I could see all of them, depending on other alignments, he answered from the fence.
I, personally, think it's too early to tell, and I've never been sure how people get these town v. town reads - I've never advanced one unless I had independent reads of the players involved. Neither his case on you nor your defense towards him is particularly bad, though. Worst I can say is you calling him out for having a weak case when it's really just a debate of weak scumtell - his case was functionally put together. I consider you more scummy than Quil in general, but the current debate hasn't changed my read on either of you in any way (also, I skimmed a lot of it).
ShadowJetX
ShadowJetX
Townie
ShadowJetX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by ShadowJetX »

/confirm

I've read through the majority of the thread and come to my own conclusions for the time being. Also, first game newbie, please take care of me!

In post 658, Quilford wrote:
In post 654, Gen_Wolf wrote:My thoughts on the racerman issue are:

Not really. I can't quite explain why (I don't really know how to explain it), but generally people's selfishness is greater than their desire to play as scum, especially as scum.

In post 654, Gen_Wolf wrote:I do realize it is a little bit of a risk, but it could be more harmful to town if we vote another townie off rather than wait for a replacement who will actually contribute to the game and then we can get a proper read?

Racerman and his predecessors have given us a read through their lack of contribution.

PEdit: That was fast.

Hopefully your vote against the previous player won't account towards me for whatever, what I mean is don't attribute your vote towards me just yet until you thusly right to do so.

Vote:Thor665

Because I'm not feeling to strong about his defense/argument here at the moment.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 661, ShadowJetX wrote:Hopefully your vote against the previous player won't account towards me for whatever, what I mean is don't attribute your vote towards me just yet until you thusly right to do so.

"Don't vote me until you can produce reasoning as to why..."

In post 661, ShadowJetX wrote:Vote:Thor665

Because I'm not feeling to strong about his defense/argument here at the moment.

"... vote: Thor because of some vague feelings."

I don't think so.

vote: ShadowJetX

Also, Shadow, for your votes to be recognised they need to be
bolded
:

Code: Select all

[b]VOTE: playername[/b]
or

Code: Select all

[vote]playername[/vote]
ShadowJetX
ShadowJetX
Townie
ShadowJetX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by ShadowJetX »

Sorry about that, thought I had but I guess not;

Vote:
Thor665
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 661, ShadowJetX wrote:Vote:Thor665

No worries - explain the case on me and I'll offer you defenses the like of which even gawd has never seen.

That's right, sarcasm, dismissal, *and* a nerd reference all in one go. I'm awesome.

@Quil - if I'm so awesome that voting me is a scumtell, then...whut?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 663, ShadowJetX wrote:Sorry about that, thought I had but I guess not;

Vote:
Thor665

He'll probably count this - but officially it should all be in bold - even the "Vote:" part.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

What ^he said. Just makes it easier for me to pick out.

Votecount 2.9

Gen_wolf [3] (Thor665, Lunitawolf, Haylen)

Thor665 [1] (ShadowJetX)
Haylen [1] (Gen_wolf)
ShadowJetX [1] (Quilford)

Not Voting [2] (Porochaz, effortless)

Deadline:
September 22nd, 9PM EST
Prodding: No one.

With eight players alive, it will take five votes to lynch and four votes to no lynch!
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by effortless »

Quilford, can you explain what made you abandon Gen_Wolf and Haylen in favour of JetX?

If it was completely up to you which of the three would you lynch today?
Nope
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Shadow, why the vote on Thor?

Also, what do you think of the other players? A brief summary of your thoughts maybe?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 659, Thor665 wrote:Hey, Poro - am I scum because you think my reads are superficial or because I ask people to sheep me and they do? I'm not quite sure what your accusing me of.

Also - still on record for wanting your take on the effortless/Thor exchange.

Also, also, you're lizk, not effortless.

Any post I made regarding you (barring the first one) is why Im voting you.

I thought I already commented on that in my list of posts?

Yeah I knew who I was when I wrote the list of players out.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 667, effortless wrote:Quilford, can you explain what made you abandon Gen_Wolf and Haylen in favour of JetX?

If it was completely up to you which of the three would you lynch today?

There seemed to be support for a JetX wagon.

If it were up to me I would lynch Gen because there's a lot more information to be gained from a flip of his.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 669, Porochaz wrote:Any post I made regarding you (barring the first one) is why Im voting you.

Orly?
Because in that case your "case" on me is that you think my reads are "superficial" (are my reads awesome when I'm town? Because that's the only way this is a scumtell - and I don't think you know me enough to make that call...did you read my meta any to see if my reads are normally awesome?)
Also - I commit the scumtell of asking someone to sheep and having them sheep me... :neutral:

You appeared to express issues with Gen_Wolf as well - issues that, to my mind, are as *least* as strong as these. How about we lynch him while you're doing the homework for this meta case and then we can see how you feel about me later? I know I got on Gen_Wolf for superficial reasons, but, hey! At least you with awesome reasons found him too ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also - I missed page 26 in its entirety until today.

@effortless - I have no idea how to rank IC "skill" since I personally think an exceedingly few number of players of this game actually have legitimate and verifiable skill.
If we go by ego then I'm #1.
If we go by any ranking method and find my accuracy in spotting scum is over 33% then I'm pleased with myself.
Other than that - ::shrug::
Also - if you think I'm scum under 50%, but over 33% - you really ought to be voting me.
Lunitawolf
Lunitawolf
Goon
Lunitawolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Lunitawolf »

@Poro, Effortless, JetX: do you support a Gen wagon?

At this point my vote will only either stay on Gen or go to JetX. I'm not up for lynching either Thor or Haylen today.

@JetX Welcome! Sorry to say you're replacing into a spot that already seems scummy to me. Once you get settled, will you please tell us your thoughts on the other players so far .. and specifically on Gen, please. Thanks.
effortless
effortless
Goon
effortless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by effortless »

In post 673, Lunitawolf wrote:@Poro, Effortless, JetX: do you support a Gen wagon?

Nope.

At this point I think I'm just going to sheep Poro for today. Thinking about it JetX would probably be my favourite (or Thor, heh). But as I said wherever Poro goes I'll follow.
Nope

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”