Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:40 am

Post by thunderwielder »

DeltaWave wrote:It sounds like you had already made up your mind about Mothrax before I replaced in.

Nope.
Very wrong.
Very VERY wrong, and very much a misrepresentation.

If you'll notice, I was more inclined to a Tragedy lynch until you came in.
You're
what's convincing me to keep my vote on
you
and to keep it there. Now you're deliberately trying to put words in my mouth, and make it seem like anything I said about you wasn't about you and was about Mothrax. I suggest you read the post you
JUST QUOTED
. Because you'll find that I was making a case about YOU, not about Mothrax. What makes Mothrax so much more scummy than Tragedy? You do.

What's the difference between "newbtells" and scumtells? You're passing off scummy behaviour as newbiness. Like RoboThor(The Robo head, I'm pretty sure) said before--this isn't a newbie game, therefore I don't buy "newbtells." I worked my way up until I felt I was competent enough to find scum in an open game, not just a newbie game, I expect anyone who's joining this game to have the same amount of confidence in themselves as I do. You're trying to pass off previously bad behaviour as newbiness, while contradicting yourself, and putting words in my mouth.
All of this reeks of scum.

With that said, it sounds like you're very entrenched into a Mothrax lynch

NO.
I am "entrenched" in a
DeltaWave
lynch. The actions of your predecessors certainly do not help you, but they are not the entire reasons to vote for you. They may comprise half of the reasons, probably less. But make no mistake, I am not voting for "Mothrax", I am one hundred percent voting for "DeltaWave." There is a distinct difference--one which you're trying to alleviate yourself of any responsibility.
If you're SO CONVINCED Tragedy is the right lynch, and that you are "definitely town", the WHY are you rolling over and saying "lynch me, I guess" and spending more time defending yourself than pushing your main suspect? Your biggest case on Tragedy can be summed up in "I agree with Amrun--Tragedy's actions are deliberate and scummy." Let me know if I've missed something there. Spoiler alert, I haven't.

Personally, I'm very okay with a hammer right now. If Maruchan is a scum, it gives the scum less input in the night if the replacee doesn't get caught up quickly. If he's town, the replacee will at least have the night to get caught up and we can keep this game moving.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:50 am

Post by DeltaWave »

I'm saying that Mothrax's "active-lurking" and his waffling was apparently a sign of newness or a sign that he didn't have much time on his hands to participate. After all, he got replaced. My point is that I can't change that, I can only explain it... and you're voting for me because, apparently, that isn't enough. This makes me wonder, perhaps you are scum and you know that I'm town, so you are really excited for this?

I wonder why you are encouraging a hammer right now. The deadline isn't for a while. What's got you in such a rush? Perhaps you are scum looking for an easy town kill? I find it very, very, very scummy that you are looking to rush this. If I get lynched, I hope other people see it too, after they see my flip.

UNVOTE Tragedy

VOTE Thunderweilder
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:52 am

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 976, DeltaWave wrote:I'm saying that Mothrax's "active-lurking" and his waffling
1)was apparently a sign of newness
or a sign that he didn't have much time on his hands to participate. After all, he got replaced. My point is that I can't change that, I can only explain it... and
2)you're voting for me because, apparently, that isn't enough.
This makes me wonder, perhaps you are scum and you know that I'm town, so you are really excited for this?

3)
I wonder why you are encouraging a hammer right now. The deadline isn't for a while. What's got you in such a rush? Perhaps you are scum looking for an easy town kill? I find it very, very, very scummy that you are looking to rush this. If I get lynched, I hope other people see it too, after they see my flip.

UNVOTE Tragedy

VOTE Thunderweilder

Hurr de durr, okay, let me break this down for you.

1)You can't just say Mothrax was "apparently a sign of newness" without backing anything up. I think you also might need to look up the word apparently. You need to use logic in this game, and explain reasonings. We are not all privy to your "town role PM." Therefore, you need to convince us of such, if you are town, in order for the town to win.

2)I'm
NOT
voting for you because of Mothrax's actions. DID I NOT MAKE THAT CLEAR IN MY LAST POST?? This link will direct you to the top of this page. And you can once again read what you have failed to read. tl;dr You are trying (badly) to discredit a case against you, and chalking all the votes up to the behaviour of your predecessors.

3)Hmmm. Yup. You caught me. I am scum and I want to quick lynch you right now because I am very very very (ooh, three very-s, I MUST mean business here) insecure that the town will see the error in their ways (thanks to your stone cold logic, reasoning, attention to detail and general all-round town based behaviour) and unvote you and vote out my THREE scum partners, Tragedy, Maru--- wait... wait a minute... so there are now four scum in play too? If I'm now scum, who get's taken off your other scum list?
NOPE

Because I've already addressed this as well. I'm convinced YOU are scum. I also have my suspicions that Maruchan could be scum (see my previous posts), and if you get hammered right now, there might be only one scum left to worry about. In an ideal world. Who wouldn't have anyone to consult with during the night phase, and then would have less chance of taking out our other power role. So.. yeah, already answered that one too, buddy.

You're grasping at straws here, throwing out vague inane questions with the attempt at incrimination, voting for anyone who presents a case against you (I suppose I'm replacing Hoppster on your scummy list, since I'm obviously driving the mislynch of an "Obvious townie" -- which the only evidence of such is your word and the strength of your moral character), and are flailing and trying to get the pressure off anyone but you for the flimsiest of reasonings.
Really? I trumped your top three scumreads by saying "yeah, I'm okay with a hammer". Making you move your vote off of your BIGGEST SUSPECT, on to someone whom you hadn't even mentioned before (well, you did, but that was when you were busy misquoting me). Those must have been some pretty weak fucking reads. Or one huge fucking scumslip on my part. And I said I was okay with a hammer, not "somebody lynch this guy right right now before he can say ANYTHING to change our minds." There's a difference. Again, one that you seem not to be able to grasp.

So we can lynch you, and probably get our first scum. Or we can lynch the four scum that you have found... I think I'm going to go with lynching you.

Oh, And it's Thunderwielder. I before e. Just saying. I don't weld thunder. Although that could be pretty wicked.
Show
W:
L:

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:23 am

Post by DeltaWave »

You sound upset, is it because I am succeeding at exposing you as scum?

As for Mothrax's previous actions, I think that it's self-evident that lurking may be a sign that he was too busy to play. Since he got dropped, it stands to reason that he was not lurking as a tactical matter. I pointed this out, and you somehow think that's a scum-tell. Seriously?

Anyway, you claim that I am "voting for anyone who presents a case" against me. Hoppster has been arguing consistently for a lynch of my slot, yet I haven't voted for him. If we follow the Lynch all Liars policy, then certainly we must get rid of Thunder. You are only digging yourself in deeper.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:48 am

Post by thunderwielder »

Ahahaha. I actually just laughed out loud.

How about you respond to Hoppster's case about you, answer me why THOSE are newbie mistakes, then answer my other questions, such as who your top reads are, and why I have jumped over them, plus maybe presenting a case (how about you analyze me in total and convince everyone that I'm definitely scum) on me, or on anyone that you've "suspected" thus far. Oh, by the way, a case, needs more than one point to see it home, savvy?

Maybe respond to things, make cases, play the game, and then I might start taking you seriously.

Yeah, Hoppster's on your scumlist, for the only reason that he voted for you. AKA, anyone on your scumlist, you should be comfortable voting. That's how most people play the game. Unless they're just making up scumlists with no reasoning behind it. Yup. I think that about sums it up.

Oh, and
I think that it's self-evident that lurking may be a sign that he was too busy to play.
hardly represents all the reasons that Mothrax could have replaced. Speculation on replacement is just silly. And this IS NOT THE CASE AGAINST HIM. Maybe read the thread, and then you might be able to make sensible points.
Show
W:
L:

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:50 am

Post by imaginality »

Votecount 3.6: The "Mod is V/LA" Votecount

DeltaWave (4): Hoppster, Maruchan, Quilford, thunderwielder
Tragedy (2): RoboThor, Amrun
Maruchan (1): MrTrow
Amrun (1): Tragedy
thunderwielder (1): DeltaWave
Not Voting (0)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: September 26th, 9 am EST (1 day, 16 hours, 16 minutes)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 979, thunderwielder wrote:Ahahaha. I actually just laughed out loud.

How about you respond to Hoppster's case about you, answer me why THOSE are newbie mistakes, then answer my other questions, such as who your top reads are, and why I have jumped over them, plus maybe presenting a case (how about you analyze me in total and convince everyone that I'm definitely scum) on me, or on anyone that you've "suspected" thus far. Oh, by the way, a case, needs more than one point to see it home, savvy?

Maybe respond to things, make cases, play the game, and then I might start taking you seriously.

Yeah, Hoppster's on your scumlist, for the only reason that he voted for you. AKA, anyone on your scumlist, you should be comfortable voting. That's how most people play the game. Unless they're just making up scumlists with no reasoning behind it. Yup. I think that about sums it up.

Oh, and
I think that it's self-evident that lurking may be a sign that he was too busy to play.
hardly represents all the reasons that Mothrax could have replaced. Speculation on replacement is just silly. And this IS NOT THE CASE AGAINST HIM. Maybe read the thread, and then you might be able to make sensible points.

Nice back tracking. First you claim that I vote against anyone who makes a case against me, then you revise it. Right.

You keep saying that I'm mischaracterizing the case against mothrax. Okay, what points would you specifically like me to address?

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:07 am

Post by imaginality »

The wonderful
Cephrir
replaces
Maruchan
, effective immediately. Thanks, Cephrir!
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hey there, Open 326. Rereading.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 973, DeltaWave wrote:
It sounds like you had already made up your mind about Mothrax before I replaced in. Like I said before, I can't go back and delete Mothrax's posts and make you forget them. This is why I'm not trying to earn "townie points", because I know it's futile. But I do have a question for you: what makes Mothrax so much more scummy than Tragedy? I think that if you examine Mothrax's playstyle, you'll see that what makes you consider Mothrax scummy is simple and accidental newbtells, while Tragedy's actions have been deliberate and appear to be part of a scum plan.

Hahaha. Yes, I have access (temporarily) since I'm on my bro's computer.

Anyways, if I were scum, why the fuck would I attack a town player who's on everyone's town list? Scum would deliberately go for weaker town than the stronger one, silly, that would mean reckless scum is reckless.

And mothrax, has been dodging many questions/cases on/towards him and isn't being contributive at all. You should ISO mothrax if you really want to understand why, but then there's Hoppster's case on him.

"Accidental noobtells", loooooooool. This
isn't
mothrax's first game, silly. Here's a Scum Game from him. Was s/he useful? No. How is it
even
"accidental"? You're mostly protecting your slot, just like what mothrax did, I guess.

Also, I fucking hate being a Vanilla Townie again. Ugh. Like 3 games in a row. -_-
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 957, Maruchan wrote:Oh and,
Tragedy, claim

Apparently Morthrax lynch isn't happening, we are nearing deadline (between 4 and 5 days now isn't it?), and I have intent to hammer.

'Cause~?
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Quilford »

UNVOTE:
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 984, Tragedy wrote:
In post 973, DeltaWave wrote:
It sounds like you had already made up your mind about Mothrax before I replaced in. Like I said before, I can't go back and delete Mothrax's posts and make you forget them. This is why I'm not trying to earn "townie points", because I know it's futile. But I do have a question for you: what makes Mothrax so much more scummy than Tragedy? I think that if you examine Mothrax's playstyle, you'll see that what makes you consider Mothrax scummy is simple and accidental newbtells, while Tragedy's actions have been deliberate and appear to be part of a scum plan.

Hahaha. Yes, I have access (temporarily) since I'm on my bro's computer.

Anyways, if I were scum, why the fuck would I attack a town player who's on everyone's town list? Scum would deliberately go for weaker town than the stronger one, silly, that would mean reckless scum is reckless.

And mothrax, has been dodging many questions/cases on/towards him and isn't being contributive at all. You should ISO mothrax if you really want to understand why, but then there's Hoppster's case on him.

"Accidental noobtells", loooooooool. This
isn't
mothrax's first game, silly. Here's a Scum Game from him. Was s/he useful? No. How is it
even
"accidental"? You're mostly protecting your slot, just like what mothrax did, I guess.

Also, I fucking hate being a Vanilla Townie again. Ugh. Like 3 games in a row. -_-

(1) Your argument is WIFOM ("if I were scum...")

(2) I don't know why mothrax was being dodgy but I think it's because he was too busy to pay attention to the game. After all, he was replaced. Why is this an improper inference?

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 981, DeltaWave wrote:

Oh, and

Nice back tracking. First you claim that I vote against anyone who makes a case against me, then you revise it. Right.

You keep saying that I'm mischaracterizing the case against mothrax. Okay, what points would you specifically like me to address?

Delta, I'm having a hard time believing that somebody can be truly so dim. Your responses are reminding me of a petulant child--lots of backtalk, very little substance.
Did you or did you not have the intent to vote for Hoppster
eventually
when you listed him as one of your top three suspects? I consider votes on someone and "this person is scummy because etc and that's I consider them to be a likely candidate for a Mafia person" pretty much the same thing. Why are they different? Both times, you are voicing an opinion.
Right now, I feel as though you are trying to boil this argument down to semantics. You are trying to push any substance away by being passive aggressive. And by not answering anything that really matters.

Oh, and the stuff I'd like you to address. READ MY FRACKING POST AGAIN. And if you still don't understand what you're supposed to respond to (hint, it's the second sentence), then ask me again.
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Oh, and welcome Cephrir, thanks for joining us!
Show
W:
L:

thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

EBWODP
Another question for you to answer is: Why is Hoppster on your scumlist? If he isn't anymore, why WAS he on your scum list.
Show
W:
L:

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

So these are basically my thoughts as I read through the game, originally they were just my notes so they aren’t terribly read-friendly. A lot of it won’t be relevant now but I may as well post everything just to show my thought process. I apologize for adding to the wallfest that has been this game.

By the way, this is my first game in years, so I may be unaware of site meta and such. I also don’t know who most of you are (but I am aware of Thor’s reputation, which I point out because it is relevant to the way I treat him Day Two).

---Day One---

The beginning of this game is really painful. I’m really just glazing over through these disgusting walls and just becoming mildly irritated at the authors. You are all useless.

Amrun 141 is very town. I like how he sticks to this even though no one agrees with him.

Thor’s entry post is really good. From the way he talks about his discussion with Robo I feel like their discussion definitely took place and was genuine. Around this point, I’m starting to see how glowball gets lynched today.

Something about Supreme Overlord 198 rubs me the wrong way. He sort of criticizes Thor then hops onto the general assumption that Thor is town without any other comment. I agree with Amrun 200. SO 202: there is nothing wrong with having strong town reads and expressing them strongly! And, drat, Thor said exactly what I just typed and then some in post 204.

glowball wants to lynch for info rather than scumminess and won’t let Maruchan defend himself? Wtf? And, later, refrains from doing the one thing a townie is supposed to do. Why are you even playing?

NS does absolutely nothing to defend himself.

Thunderwall 256 gets townie brownies.

glowball continues to selfdestruct. It’s a good thing I wasn’t in the game D1, as I probably would have tunneled glowball and gotten really abrasive. I have very little patience for this hyper-emotional whiny crap.

lane 354, thunder 357, Amrun 359, SO 370 are town.

---Day Two around here I think---

The people with latent suspicions on saulres are lame and aren’t scumhunting.

Lane 573 sounds like he knows mothrax and glowball are town; if this is part of the reason for his lynch I will be less critical of it but other than that I’m not seeing it yet

SO’s Trow vote is useless, what is he even doing.

Why isn’t mothrax dead yet? I mean that in more ways than one- yes, I feel that he is scum and should be lynched, as he too has done exactly nothing, but I’m also curious as to how there seems to be a lot of sentiment against him and yet lane somehow gets lynched today. Admittedly I haven’t seen the whole day yet but I feel like there will be scum on the lane wagon.

Auckmid I am so sick of your ‘lol sorry guyz reading up post soon’ posts. Get replaced already.

I like lane 653, he’s actually proposing reads that aren’t the same as everyone else’s (saulres town, thor neutral), though I don’t particularly agree at least he’s thinking.

Timing of SO’s lane case is a little suspect (kinda OMGUS) but I think that could be a coincidence. I don’t really like the case, I didn’t see much that was original, but Hoppster says later he thought it had some original points, so maybe I just glazed over during that post. A few posts later he refers to the glowball wagon as ‘(almost) completely town-driven’ which strikes me as off.

I feel like lane just can’t win this argument no matter what he says. I know hindsight is 20/20- I admit that I would have been on the glowball lynch, though, so I feel I’m entitled to express skepticism of this lynch.

In post 669, MrTrow wrote:- wifom-lover (at least as scum) who uses 'doc' as base for setup-discussions -> knows the setup?

Awful point. In his example doc was the only power role that it made sense to use. I don’t like the tone either, it sounds like scum throwing something out just to see if it sticks.
Other points in his post are nothing revolutionary but also not horribly scummy. Point #1 in Maruchan 690 is good; Trow was misrepresenting him a little.

Amrun is rubbing me wrong this page but I still think he’s town. The only issue I have with him is his certainty glowball would flip town, but it seems to be meta-based, and plus lane did the same thing. He’s also pulling a bit of a glowball in 703 which is obnoxious.

Shit, lane gets lynched because of Robo? It’s going to be hard to pick out the scum on the wagon if everyone just sheeps him. I hate post 761, and I think it is actually a little scummy. He doesn’t metion any of the town things lane has done, sets up for future suspicion of thunderwielder, mentions his other head might disagree with him (giving him a chance to backtrack later). He criticizes lane when he finally gives a list, claiming it isn’t enough even though it’s a pretty solid wall if you ask me. Late in the post he says ‘this is a good reason for me to vote lane but not enough’, then without giving any further reasons he votes lane at the end of the post. I’m assuming this post is what turns the tide against lane. This post has taken away a lot of robothor’s accrued townie points for me.

And of course now my top townread is going to vote lane. I really thought I’d be able to find scum on this wagon but perhaps I’m the one being unreasonable?

In post 775, lane0168 wrote: i dont understand why if we can all agree on mothrax, we just vote him? doesnt make sense to me. what do you trust about mothrax? hasn't even done anything or many posts. you may say my scumhunting sucks but at least i'm trying. mothrax slot is pretty worthless. but i guess mothrax scum can slide by again on my own point, of my flip will give up way more information than mothrax's flip. just like i was hoping the glowball flip would do.

THIS. The fact that mothrax has been the competing twice in a row, has been scummy and useless, and has not been lynched yet SCREAMS to me that scum haven’t been voting him or pushing him. This is almost as important to me as his actual scumminess.

RT comments that he thinks lane’s PR comment was designed to get his buddies to work on a mislynch? This seems pretty dumb to me. I think it was actually a towntell; scum would be more careful than to say something like that. And lol, he’s only allowed to have 3 scum reads since there are 3 scum? Bullshit.

Oh dear, lane is exploding. One reason to not do this as town: any further lane votes are now justified so I can’t get much out of them. Oh god and a re-self vote. Really?

Votes on lane pre-explosion: SO, RoboThor, Amrun, thunder. Unfortunately all of them tried pretty hard on this lynch, all have made cases on lane at some point, and a couple are my strongest town reads. But I think there have to be scum in here and I think Supreme Overlord and RoboThor are the best candidates.

---Day Three---

Did saulres ever give a ‘strongest town read’? I think that would be a good indication of who he saved, but I don’t see it. Yeah apparently he didn’t crumb it. Bleh.

Tragedy’s entry post blows. It also doesn’t particularly seem like he read the thread. Pointing out townreads isn’t buddying. The only scummy thing Tragedy successfully points out is connections to mothrax- so why not lynch mothrax? Maybe I’m biased because I’ve had Amrun town all game, especially after the post-day-2 gloating.

Trag next post confirms he’s just iso-ing each player in order. Really? You voted Amrun without having read the other players?

I agree with Amrun 824.

I have no idea how Trow could read Tragedy as town after those shit-tastic posts.

Tragedy proceeds to call mothrax scum with a lot of certainty, then leaves his vote on his shitty Amrun case. mothrax/Tragedy scumteam +1.

Tragedy makes what I assume is an unnecessary VT claim (‘same as ever’), implying he prefers to play scum, yet he is pretty interested in this game.

[
In post 867, MrTrow wrote: Tragedy - (although fakeable) believe to have townslipped with auckmid-read

This makes zero sense. Obviously he just didn’t know who he was replacing.

I like Quilford’s first few posts, they make me feel better about his slot and move him firmly onto neutral ground.

DeltaWave, is that really all you have to say upon replacing in? “Defense of my slot, convinced by argument for the wagon most strongly competing with mine, Vote Tragedy”? Really? Also Hoppster is your third suspicion just for being suspicious of you? Um, 1.) a lot of people are suspicious of you. 2.) That is such OMGUS it’s unbelievable.

And now we have a stupid omgus vote on thunder. Right after he was not one of your top three suspects! I smell scum implosion.

And now quick thoughts on each player, which also serves as my tl;dr. Players in each category are in a specific order, with the lowest being the scummiest.

TOWN

thunderwielder
- Absolutely my best townread. The whole game he's been saying the things I wanted to say, albeit using more words than I would have used.
Amrun
- I've had a strong town read here since the initial lane case and agree with him pretty frequently.
Ninja/Hoppster
- Seems pretty reasonable, generally. My read here may develop further but at the moment I have better suspects.
NEUTRAL

SO/Quilford
- I waffled mentally about SO- at the time he replaced out he was about null leaning scum, but I like Quilford so far.
Trow
- I've had a couple issues with him and he hasn't said a whole ton so this means a little more.
SCUM

RoboThor
- Hated the Lane-vote post; I feel he used his influence to help lynch lane and he hasn't gotten any flak for that today. Early in the game I was worried I wouldn't be able to tell if they were scum because the hydra dynamic sort of automatically seems genuine to me, but their relative inactivity has helped me out a bit. He's slowly moved down my scumlist since day 1.
Tragedy
- Probable scum. The way Tragedy entered the game really bothered me, particularly the way he voted Amrun seemingly before even reading anyone else's posts.
NS/mothrax/DeltaWave
- Here's the thing. I am really bothered by the way mothrax escaped lynch days one and two. I feel like scum picked the other wagon both times. Also, there have been three players in this slot, and I have wanted to lynch them all, independently of one another.

I see my vote is already on DeltaWave, but just to make it official...
Unvote, Vote DeltaWave
Bartleby the Scrivener
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:05 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 988, thunderwielder wrote:
In post 981, DeltaWave wrote:

Oh, and

Delta, I'm having a hard time believing that somebody can be truly so dim. Your responses are reminding me of a petulant child--lots of backtalk, very little substance.
Did you or did you not have the intent to vote for Hoppster
eventually
when you listed him as one of your top three suspects? I consider votes on someone and "this person is scummy because etc and that's I consider them to be a likely candidate for a Mafia person" pretty much the same thing. Why are they different? Both times, you are voicing an opinion.
Right now, I feel as though you are trying to boil this argument down to semantics. You are trying to push any substance away by being passive aggressive. And by not answering anything that really matters.

Oh, and the stuff I'd like you to address. READ MY FRACKING POST AGAIN. And if you still don't understand what you're supposed to respond to (hint, it's the second sentence), then ask me again.

I've always wondered why users who think it's okay to be insulting are also quick to call others "children." Pot, kettle, black.

Anyway, I've asked you before but I will ask you again - which specific points would you like me to address? Nothing would make me happier than to address your concerns, but at the same time, I want something solid to respond to. I have this feeling that if I address "Hoppster's case", then you will likely claim I'm mischaracterizing his case for some reason or another. So give me something solid I can respond to and I absolutely will.

One more reason why I see Thunder as scum is how he is talking out of both sides of his mouth right now. On one hand, he'll put me at L-1 and encourage someone to hammer. But on the other hand, he will ask me questions and demand detailed answers. These are contradictory; you can't be desperately looking for a lynch as soon as possible while trying to hold a discussion. This indicates to me that Thunder knows that I will flip town, so he's looking for something to cover himself in Day 4. ("Oh, too bad, DeltaWave was town but I tried to ask him questions!!!!")

This is even more relevant because of Thunder's stalling techniques. Thunder has done everything but provide me with something to address, as I asked in my last post. If he was truly interested in scum hunting, I think he would be more forthcoming, especially since we have plenty of time to discuss. He's hoping that someone will come along and hammer, so he can get out of discussing this with me. You are clearly scum, Thunder, and if I get lynched then I hope that the town will come after you after they see my flip. Now, are you going to provide an allegation for me to address or are you going to keep putting that off and hope that someone hammers soon?

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

Have you legitimately seen nothing scummier in the entire game than thunder's three posts between 969 and 976?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Hoppster »

DeltaWave's slot remains scum.

His scum-read on me is (as both thunder and Cephir have correctly identified) transparently OMGUS - "pushing for townie lynch" is firstly untrue because we all know he's scum; secondly, even humouring him and pretending he's town, pushing a town-lynch does not make the person pushing scum; thirdly there's no attempt to actually respond to my case (which fyi was
not
"LURKING SCUM"), rather he cops out of responding to it because thunder would misrep his defence... ?

Cephrir's catchup post is a good post. (Admittedly it helps that he seems sympathetic to my plight of "MOTHRAX IS SCUM GAIZ".)

Incidentally, welcome back to MS.net!

In post 991, Cephrir wrote:Trag next post confirms he’s just iso-ing each player in order. Really? You voted Amrun without having read the other players?

This is a ridiculously good point which I somehow missed.

I'd like to think I would have noticed had I not been so distracted by WAI IS MOTHRAX ALIVE though >_>

(If somebody else pointed out, I apologise, but it's probably because you made it in a wall-post with no tl;dr/colourful reads.)

In post 991, Cephrir wrote:I am aware of Thor’s reputation, which I point out because it is relevant to the way I treat him Day Two

You'll need to explain this to me though, I didn't see any reference back to this in your analysis of Day 2.

Also slightly bemused by your Quilford read, as although I don't see much scum-intent from his posts, he's not exactly contributed a great deal.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh, yeah, I guess I never actually said anything about that Thor thing. I wrote some things out of order. But basically I was thinking that he's playing differently than in other games, not just in terms of the lack of participation but also how he sort of just isn't as persuasive as he normally seems to be. There was something else to it but I can't remember what it was right now.

On Quilford: Yes, I know, but somehow posts like 961 and 970, and there was another one I don't feel like finding, sound really genuine to me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

It also explains this remark.
In post 991, Cephrir wrote:Shit, lane gets lynched because of Robo? It’s going to be hard to pick out the scum on the wagon if everyone just sheeps him.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Tragedy »

Cephrir wrote:
Tragedy makes what I assume is an unnecessary VT claim (‘same as ever’), implying he prefers to play scum, yet he is pretty interested in this game.

This is the only game I'm in at the moment. Refuse to join more now and lately (Since..You know...Laptop Problems. But I'm on my bro's computer.) It wasn't unnecessary- I
was
at L-1, and was pretty much asked to claim anyways.

Cephrir wrote:Trag next post confirms he’s just iso-ing each player in order. Really? You voted Amrun without having read the other players?

The first scum belief that pops up in my mind, sir. But I do ISO people in order 'cause that's how I roll. Maybe I should remember not to do big ass walls like that anymore and read the whole damn game and make things short and reasonable, I guess.

Cephrir wrote:Pointing out townreads isn’t buddying.

For stupid reasons?

Unvote: Amrun

Cephrir wrote:particularly the way she voted Amrun seemingly before even reading anyone else's posts.

Time to remember not to do stupid things like that in the future. But thanks for the tip.

Cephrir wrote:
DeltaWave, is that really all you have to say upon replacing in? “
Defense of my slot
, convinced by argument for the wagon most strongly competing with mine, Vote Tragedy”?

What I sort of somewhat mentioned a bit earlier. But yeah. You summarized it properly.
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 997, Tragedy wrote:This is the only game I'm in at the moment. Refuse to join more now and lately (Since..You know...Laptop Problems. But I'm on my bro's computer.) It wasn't unnecessary- I
was
at L-1, and was pretty much asked to claim anyways.

Well, I didn't realize you were at L-1, but I don't see where you were asked to claim before that, and if it was intended as a straightforward claim I would expect you to make it in a less roundabout manner.

Tragedy wrote:
Cephrir wrote:Trag next post confirms he’s just iso-ing each player in order. Really? You voted Amrun without having read the other players?

The first scum belief that pops up in my mind, sir. But I do ISO people in order 'cause that's how I roll. Maybe I should remember not to do big ass walls like that anymore and read the whole damn game and make things short and reasonable, I guess.

I don't see how you could be sure enough to lay down a vote without reading the entire thread, though! Amrun's statements probably look a lot better in context, and I'm not sure how you could have played any other games without knowing that context is important. I do respect ISOs once you've read the thread.

@last part which I failed at quoting: I'm not saying there's anything wrong with trying to defend his slot, but I really expect a fresh replacement to bring more than that to the table.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Votecount 3.6: The "imaginality is a Godsend and he has won one Internets" Votecount

DeltaWave (3): Hoppster, Cephrir, thunderwielder

Tragedy (2): RoboThor, Amrun
Cephrir (1): MrTrow
thunderwielder (1): DeltaWave
Not Voting (2): Quilford, Tragedy

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: September 29th, 9 am EST ([countdown]0.00[/countdown])

Final Deadline Extension for you people. Make lynchings happen or the modgod will demand blood from ALL OF YOU MWAHAHAHAHA

(j/k lol god I'm tired)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Return to “Completed Open Games”