PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Magua- Yeah, taken together they may be, but it's not a comprehensive case building up to a vote, it's the sum of each thing taking individually. And also because there was no RVS.
I'm torn on the whole claiming thing. We don't know if scum has a NK or had to buy it, and anything we plan will also be directed by scum if made public.

The only real claim that makes sense for town is the night kills, so we can distinguish if it's the only one, and, if not, who the vig target is compared to the mafia target. And as long as you don't block the vig, we should know by tomorrow.

@Lurc- Would scum rather kill Magua the roleblcoker with 14 points, or hiplop with 20 points? From what you've said twice, they always want to kill the highest point total. Why would they ignore a power role to do so?
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Lurconis »

The power role already has their power it is for one night killing the power role doesn't stop them from using their power that night killing someone with 20 points makes it easier for them to prevent future power roles from falling in town hand hands.

In your scenario above killing magua means killing a 1 shot roleblocker who will get to use his ability thst night anyway vs hiplop who (assuming he didnt win anything) could be bulletproof a 1 shot vig etc.. Tomorrow

Obviously people can win roles 2 nights in a row but by announcing who spent what it allows sxum the chance to remove town s future potential power roles easier
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Lurconis »

Sorry for typos posting from phone
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:03 am

Post by sorgster »

I don't think protect should be claimed either.

Unvote Magua
Vote DeathRowkitty

His first post was strange.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Magua »

In post 149, Lurconis wrote:Player a is town they claim 100% nk right now scum a thinks well I was going to kill them but insteaf wil kill player b as they will have more points to use against us in the future.

You wouldn't expect any of these rolls to claim d1 normally I don't see how these mechanics change that. It still is just giving scum info day 1 they dont need

Part the first: In a normal game, a Vigilante wouldn't claim because they can get more than one shot. In this game, you have one shot which is going to be used tonight. The only reason for investigations to not claim today is that they can get shot tonight, but you can bet your ass that all investigations will claim tomorrow or be treated as a scumclaim.

Part the second: Scum have two options. They can buy shit and not claim it. If so, they'll get nailed to the wall because tomorrow we can force someone to bid a certain amount for a certain thing, and if they can't because they don't have the points they should, we lynch them. Scum who buy shit and don't claim are going to get caught and outted. Or, they can buy shit and claim it. If they buy shit and claim it, they're responsible for its usage -- they can't use the 100% NK to kill confirmed town because it would mean their death.

Part the third: Investigations and bargain phases mean that people can be cleared and given their points. So I'm much less concerned about keeping who has points alive; I'm much more concerned with creating one or two confirmed town and then forcing people to give them points and having them buy bulletproof and, bam, game's broken.

For Peregrine, the reason I bought and claimed roleblocker is so that it's accountable. The less interactions amongst the Night actions, the easier it will be on us; this is doubly true if the busdrive is in town hands. As is, scum won't be able to roleblock an investigation role or killing role, which is critically important considering how many points they went for. It's to no one's interest but scum's for town to spend 10 points on an investigation and get blocked because scum spent 4 pts on roleblocker.

sorgster wrote:I don't think protect should be claimed either.

Good. We agree on that. Do you think the kills should be claimed?

PeregrineV wrote:The only real claim that makes sense for town is the night kills, so we can distinguish if it's the only one, and, if not, who the vig target is compared to the mafia target. And as long as you don't block the vig, we should know by tomorrow.

Do you think the busdrive should be claimed?
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 am

Post by sorgster »

Busdriver should not be claimed as ppl would predict what a person would do. Kills claiming would give the scum more information about who has less points and who to keep alive.
Marathon Game record
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Magua »

Bus drive should be claimed and then NOT USED.

Bus drive claim means that we can direct the NK and lynch them if they deviate.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

So I'm much less concerned about keeping who has points alive; I'm much more concerned with creating one or two confirmed town and then forcing people to give them points and having them buy bulletproof and, bam, game's broken.

Far be it from me to disrupt you from breaking my game, but you might want to read the rules of the bargain phase again.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 156, Magua wrote:Bus drive should be claimed and then NOT USED.

Bus drive claim means that
we
can direct the NK and lynch them if they deviate.

That ''we'' sounds like scum trying to decide who directs gets killed.
Marathon Game record
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Magua »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Far be it from me to disrupt you from breaking my game, but you might want to read the rules of the bargain phase again.

Yes, yes, you said, only one completed deal per person *per phase*. That's all we need.

sorgster wrote:
That ''we'' sounds like scum trying to decide who directs gets killed.

I would very much like to direct who gets killed, though that's only possible if both the 100% NK and busdrive are in town hands.

Face it. This is a breakable game. The only people who should be against a breaking plan are the scum.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 am

Post by sorgster »

Scum have a nk. With the busdriver's knowledge, they can easily direct the kill without many worries.
Marathon Game record
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Lurconis »

A 1 shot vig wouldn't normally claim d1 either, also investigations should only claim scum reads unless a town read they found is about to be lynched. If pV bought 100% investigate and he find s emp town and emp isnt in danger of being lynched all he does by claiming is tell scum how many points he spent. Scum already know who town is and town can only wifiom in regards to the claim as pV may be scum trying to save his scum buddy. I understand your line of thinkinf I just disagree as your plan would layout what sxum need to do each night

Pedit how do you know they have a nk? Mod would not confirm thst earlier. VOTE: sorgster
Lurconis
Lurconis
Goon
Lurconis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Lurconis »

[quote="In post 42,

Do we know if mafia has a factional nightkill, or do they have to bid on and get the nightkill ability?
This is a closed setup, but nice try
[/quote]
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 am

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

yay i got my thingamajigger. As for claims, don't claim anything that you wouldn't want scum to know so that you'd get roleblocked or even killed.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
uncledaphne
uncledaphne
Goon
uncledaphne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am

Post by uncledaphne »

I claim the 100% nightkill.
Vote:SodaSpirit

His last post was scummy as shit
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

First Vote Count

BV310 1 (Magua)
Luronis 1 (empking)
magua 1 (peregrine)
Uncledaphne 1 (voidedmafia)
Deathrowkitty 1 (sorgster)
Sorgster 1 (lurconis)
Sodaspirit 1 (uncledaphne)

Day ends in (expired on 2011-10-11 10:00:00)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 161, Lurconis wrote:A 1 shot vig wouldn't normally claim d1 either, also investigations should only claim scum reads unless a town read they found is about to be lynched. If pV bought 100% investigate and he find s emp town and emp isnt in danger of being lynched all he does by claiming is tell scum how many points he spent. Scum already know who town is and town can only wifiom in regards to the claim as pV may be scum trying to save his scum buddy. I understand your line of thinkinf I just disagree as your plan would layout what sxum need to do each night

Pedit how do you know they have a nk? Mod would not confirm thst earlier. VOTE: sorgster

In every game I've played in scum have a nk. Why should it be different here?
Marathon Game record
Mego
Mego
Townie
Mego
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Mego »

In post 153, sorgster wrote:I don't think protect should be claimed either.

Unvote Magua
Vote DeathRowkitty

His first post was strange.

If I had a dollar every time I heard that...

In post 164, uncledaphne wrote:I claim the 100% nightkill.
Vote:SodaSpirit

His last post was scummy as shit

This post is absolutely terrible. As were his previous posts during the auction phase. This shouldn't surprise anyone:

VOTE: uncledaphne
This is where my stats would go if I thought stats were important and/or useful at all. Instead, I have this nice microrant.
Mego
Mego
Townie
Mego
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Mego »

Grah, pseudo-PEDIT:

In post 166, sorgster wrote:
In post 161, Lurconis wrote:A 1 shot vig wouldn't normally claim d1 either, also investigations should only claim scum reads unless a town read they found is about to be lynched. If pV bought 100% investigate and he find s emp town and emp isnt in danger of being lynched all he does by claiming is tell scum how many points he spent. Scum already know who town is and town can only wifiom in regards to the claim as pV may be scum trying to save his scum buddy. I understand your line of thinkinf I just disagree as your plan would layout what sxum need to do each night

In every game I've played in scum have a nk. Why should it be different here?

Because this mechanic makes this game not your typical mafia game. Judging by what has happened, I'd say scum either lacks a NK or has a non-100% NK.
This is where my stats would go if I thought stats were important and/or useful at all. Instead, I have this nice microrant.
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

oh great now i'm probably gonna be nightkilled coz he think's im scum. What a beautiful way to start this game.
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
uncledaphne
uncledaphne
Goon
uncledaphne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by uncledaphne »

@mega I dont understand what your saying in your last point. So im so stupid im scum?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by bv310 »

Attention: Mego is scum. That is all.

vote: Mego
Mego
Mego
Townie
Mego
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Mego »

In post 170, uncledaphne wrote:@mega I dont understand what your saying in your last point. So im so stupid im scum?

No. You are consciously doing anti-town things. I believe you to be scum, but even if you are not, the town is better off without you.

In post 171, bv310 wrote:Attention: Mego is scum. That is all.

Reasons are awesome.
uncledaphne
uncledaphne
Goon
uncledaphne
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by uncledaphne »

In post 172, Mego wrote:
In post 170, uncledaphne wrote:@mega I dont understand what your saying in your last point. So im so stupid im scum?

No. You are consciously doing anti-town things. I believe you to be scum, but even if you are not, the town is better off without you.

Reasons are awesome.

So you would waste a lynch killing town, because you are annoyed at said town? Doesnt seem like very pro-town thinking too me.
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by sorgster »

In post 173, uncledaphne wrote:
In post 172, Mego wrote:

No. You are consciously doing anti-town things.
I believe you to be scum
, but even if you are not, the town is better off without you.

Reasons are awesome.

So you would waste a lynch killing town, because you are annoyed at
said town
? Doesnt seem like very pro-town thinking too me.

Unvote
Vote UncleDaphne

I've played in another game with you and this just yells scum to me for some reason.
Marathon Game record

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”