The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 1016, MagnaofIllusion wrote:

Again … what reason do I have to make up anything. If I did either Seraph could easily invite someone else into the QT who could directly refute my statements. This is once again either stupid or scummy paranoia.

How do we know the Seraphs could do that?

Oh wait, cuz you told us they could. -.-

Again, I'm not saying you're obvscum or anything, I just don't feel like it's prudent to take everything you say as face value until I have good reason to. I feel like you're just distracting us away from actually lynching scum at this point, whether or not you intend to.

quote="In post 1024 , Herodotus"]No typo, Mastermind of Sin, I just left off some letters.

Finding a third party and having no suspects beyond that isn't a way to win as town. Suppose Feysal is the lynch; what next?[/quote]

For less confusion, you're better off using MoS instead of Mas when addressing me. I would have thought you were talking to someone else if you hadn't just been talking about me in the sentence before.

I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it. It's not like I'm not looking, I just haven't seen anyone else do something that jumped out at me as scummy yet. The game is still young, and I generally take time to ramp up to the point where I have a multitude of solid reads on people, at least in a large game anyway.
Permanent V/LA.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm almost forced to break my princesslessly character at the sheer jaw-dropping level of paranoia above me.

MoI is p town. FURTHER, I'm 350% sure that alignment doesn't factor into the truthosity about the Seraphs one bit.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Herodotus, I doubt you'll get any Sun and Moon content
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Plum »

Anglachel

I sought to have your secret heart remade
in my own image. Lovers so conspire
who are not happy until love's a blade

My own soul was the forge, your soul the fire
Your dark heart and my dark heart intertwined
in my own image. Lovers so conspire

and who can stand against such love combined?
Yet you defend, as though I were the prey,
your dark heart and my dark heart intertwined.

My broken hands will wield you while I may.
I know you will not love these hands for long
yet you defend, as though I were the prey.

The fire of stars, the dark of space your song.
What made me think I could contain your rage?
I know you will not love these hands for long.

You are the iron bar that forms my cage
I sought to have your secret heart remade
What made me think I could contain your rage
who are not happy until love's a blade

- fileg

VOTE COUNT #2.4Furcolow - 1 - Espeonage
Feysal - 3 - Mastermind of Sin, Dekes, Andrius
VitaminR - 2 - Herodotus, Gut
Dekes - 3 - MagnaofIllusion, SpyreX, VitaminR
kanyeknowsbest -
- Wraith, Furcolow, gandalf5166, ooba, Ellibereth
Sun and Moon - 1 - Empking,

Not Voting (5): Sun and Moon, mockingjaye, Feysal, kanyeknowsbest, Will-o-wisp

With 20 alive it will take 10 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 will be on October 13th; exact time will be determined soon but basically when I feel like it.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by mockingjaye »

First, I'm sorry about not posting. One of my cats got sick this weekend and she died Monday, and because of that, I didn't feel like doing much of anything for the past few days, so I didn't. Second, Ludi, if you're still reading, I hope everything goes well and you're in my prayers. Third, congratulations to SpyreX and his new baby. :) Oh and fourth, I hope you've had a good holiday, Plum.

Now back to the game.

I can't comment on activity levels since mine have been so lacking today, but I had a strong scum read on Kanye on D1, and that hasn't gone away. I know Feysal is claimed 3rd Party whatever, but I think we're in a solid enough position as a town to put off his lynch a day or two, depending on how things go. SKs aren't always bad: Gollum from the
LOTR
game last year, for example, was very beneficial to the town, and time is still on our side right now.

Also, there has been talk about the SK (which was Katy and I) from
Olympus
, and as that SK, I made a case for not lynching us in that game since we had a wincon that would have allowed us to win with town under a certain circumstance. I'm going to stick with that here, because Feysal will now either have to kill as assigned or not kill at all, and I'm actually thinking it's best he doesn't kill at all in case there is a redirector or some other type of shenanigans in play which could manipulate his targets/shots, at least until we have a better handle on the mechanics of the game itself and/or see more flips. That would settle the problem of scum interfering with his kills. Feysal may not like it, but he's been outed and doesn't have much choice but to do as told.

What I want to know from Feysal, though, is how many targets he has, the exact nature of his wincon, and his kill flavor if specified.

I want a Kanye lynch today. In addition to everything I said about him yesterday, I'd like to remind everyone that several people have stated something to the effect of that either Kanye or Feysal must be scum given the turnaround on the wagon yesterday, and no one really objected to that sentiment, and in fact, it seems to have been pretty much accepted. So, to be painfully obvious, Feysal is claiming 3rd party, and Furc is backing him up, so that would suggest that said scum is Kanye.

Vote: Kanye

For pretty much everything I said yesterday, so if you don't remember, go back and read my comments. In fact, some of you should anyway because I had questions that may still be relevant for you. (Ahem, Espeonage.)
may the odds be ever in your favor...
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by Gut »

In post 1054, mockingjaye wrote:I want a Kanye lynch today. In addition to everything I said about him yesterday, I'd like to remind everyone that several people have stated something to the effect of that either Kanye or Feysal must be scum given the turnaround on the wagon yesterday, and no one really objected to that sentiment, and in fact, it seems to have been pretty much accepted. So, to be painfully obvious, Feysal is claiming 3rd party, and Furc is backing him up, so that would suggest that said scum is Kanye.

Nope! I think the turnaround was due to people thinking both wagons were silly. If there's widespread disagreement with the reigning wagons, things tend to be volatile.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by Furcolow »

at least 1 scum on feysal right now, maybe 2 or 3
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:50 am

Post by ooba »

@Gut
Disagree on the Furclow shoot.
Espeonage or VitaminR are excellent SK shots.

@MoI
Look above for S&M reasoning. (It is further proof of town alignment if they post elsewhere on the site while totally ignoring this game)
Also, I am very confident on town. reads this game.

4 more votes for a kanye lynch. Please join.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

S&M wrote:But ooba probably IS town for his posting in general today and his putting us on the townlist when there is no real reason to put us there.

WoW wrote:Ooba is oozing town in my opinion. Please continue.

This always makes me shake my head. You both give ooba a Town read based on placing you an a Town list when you don’t deserve to be there? That’s a classic scum play from a stronger player … buddy up to lurkers / those under fire to win you over for later.

Not that I have a scum reads on ooba’s slot currently but the principle remains valid …

--

Furc wrote:Whichever Seraph gives me the best powers will win me over for their side

Congratulatons … you’ve earned a lynch / arrow through the eye well before LYLO!

--

MoS wrote:How do we know the Seraphs could do that?

Oh, so you think there is any likelihood that the Seraphs don’t have a means to actively contact Town? Please explain to me why you would think that.

MoS wrote:I feel like you're just distracting us away from actually lynching scum at this point, whether or not you intend to.

Actually … that’s exactly what you are doing. You’ve parked your vote on Feysal (which isn’t a bad thing) and pretty much done no significant scum-hunting outside of him today.

You talked about Jester policy and diverted into this little sidebar about the Seraphs.

--

ooba wrote:Look above for S&M reasoning. (It is further proof of town alignment if they post elsewhere on the site while totally ignoring this game)
Also, I am very confident on town. reads this game.

Disagree but at this point we are in a game theory discussion so I’m going to leave it alone.

I’ve also seen other games recently where you were confident of your reads – Atomic and BTTF. Not exactly something that makes me confident when I see you state that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 am

Post by VitaminR »

ooba makes a good point about Sun and Moon.

In post 1048, Gut wrote:
Yeah, today's lynch should be VitR.

This is getting stupid. I'm having a hard time believing this is sincere. Is chamber even really there this time?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Wraith »

Prod-dodge

Sorry if I've dropped off the face of the earth but I'm trying to stay afloat until fall break this weekend.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Gut »

In post 1059, VitaminR wrote:ooba makes a good point about Sun and Moon.

In post 1048, Gut wrote:
Yeah, today's lynch should be VitR.

This is getting stupid. I'm having a hard time believing this is sincere. Is chamber even really there this time?

In post 14, Gut wrote:
In post 5, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Gut

After Invictus you should know better ....

I'm at least 9/5ths the man I was then.
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Catching up right now. Post incoming on Friday. My bad guys.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 992, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Feysal... just a quick question - Didn't those games have a point system that rewarded goals and made it possible for multiple factions to win?

Indeed it did. My win condition in that game did not rule out winning with town, although it was not supposed to be possible unless I died. Nevertheless, my argument was that I can and could cooperate with town, and in that game I went further with it than was necessary to ensure my own victory.

In post 1054, mockingjaye wrote:What I want to know from Feysal, though, is how many targets he has, the exact nature of his wincon, and his kill flavor if specified.

Four targets, three remain alive. I win if I still live when all my targets are dead. My kill flavor is not specified.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:18 pm

In post 1058, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MoS wrote:How do we know the Seraphs could do that?

Oh, so you think there is any likelihood that the Seraphs don’t have a means to actively contact Town? Please explain to me why you would think that.

I have no idea what the Seraphs can do.

MoS wrote:I feel like you're just distracting us away from actually lynching scum at this point, whether or not you intend to.

Actually … that’s exactly what you are doing. You’ve parked your vote on Feysal (which isn’t a bad thing) and pretty much done no significant scum-hunting outside of him today.

You talked about Jester policy and diverted into this little sidebar about the Seraphs.

Wait, so basically you're blaming me for responding to the people who have endlessly asked me questions regarding these two topics? I made one comment on each and left them well enough alone (the Jester thing because I simply wanted to make it clear why I wasn't trying to lynch him, and the Seraph thing because I wanted to make sure people weren't sheeping blindly like idiots). You people brought them back up and won't stop talking about them.
Permanent V/LA.
Will-o-wisp
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Will-o-wisp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Will-o-wisp »

In post 1062, Mist Beauty wrote:Catching up right now. Post incoming on Friday. My bad guys.

We have a hydra. :P And thank goodness. I was starting to tread water in terms of site activity. :)

In post 1058, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
S&M wrote:But ooba probably IS town for his posting in general today and his putting us on the townlist when there is no real reason to put us there.

WoW wrote:Ooba is oozing town in my opinion. Please continue.

This always makes me shake my head. You both give ooba a Town read based on placing you an a Town list when you don’t deserve to be there? That’s a classic scum play from a stronger player … buddy up to lurkers / those under fire to win you over for later.

Not that I have a scum reads on ooba’s slot currently but the principle remains valid …

Please don't assume I said Ooba was town because he placed me on a town list. I can't think his other posts today are town? Odd that you zeroed in one that (for me at least). That being said, him placing us on his town list certainly didn't hurt my town read on him.

And any doubt about Magna not being town for his seraph explanation is ridiculous. Seriously. Move on.

- Oversoul
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Andrius »

K READING BE BACK IN A JIFFY
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Andrius »

Ok yeah did kanye siteflake or what?
Feysal is SK, Kanye is probably the mafia lynch D1 we didn't get to.
Just like Feysal was in Court of the Gods.

Magna wrote:How did you draw this particular conclusion?

Magic

You've mentioned him 0 times, saying everything from that duo is AGM.
I infered.

Hi ooba! <3

Espeonage, Furco is claiming lover [?] with Feysal_SK [?]
Now stop commenting like you aren't involved in the game.

ooba wrote:1. Andrius - I'd say Andrius was telling the truth about not receiving his role. However, I think he was recruited to the scum team at around page 28 or so (towards the end of D1). This is dependent on kanye flipping scum though. I would have also expected gandalf to change to town at the same time but maybe I'm wrong or Plum choose not to design the two roles that way.
Why page 28? :?

Unvote, Vote: kanyeknowsbest
Since the Feysal wagon isn't going anywhere and kanye is likely scum as well.
Also, we need a list of people for Feysal to shoot at, if we're keeping him leashed.

So initially I thought S&M was scum for just not posting.
Then I though of how I'm slowly losing the will to play right now, so. :/
I'm not sure. They need to commit or replace out IMO.

ooba is town. :D

Anyone need anything from me, or?
We should mobilize the voting bloc, but most of them are already moving.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Furcolow »

it's not really a lover
it's more like "if someone targets you in the night to kill you, you can choose to have their win condition too. you will not be informed of your new win condition"

I am a neutral survivor
I might be a lover, but I don't know if I am
I was really hoping he was town
It sucks balls that he's an SK, but I've planned on helping town all game, so... so be it.
I am not sure if I can still win with the town, because if Feysal is lying then I am now a traitor
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Andrius »

Okay.
So you can pretty much join the mafia if they kill you, the SK, the vig, etc.
Right? >___>

Can you change back multiple times?
You can confirm people as mafia that way, if they ever kill you ofc.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Since he's vanished and its not worth me breaking my princesslessly nails over that fight kkb can go.

When he's town posts like this:

mockingjaye wrote:I want a Kanye lynch today. In addition to everything I said about him yesterday, I'd like to remind everyone that several people have stated something to the effect of that either Kanye or Feysal must be scum given the turnaround on the wagon yesterday, and no one really objected to that sentiment, and in fact, it seems to have been pretty much accepted. So, to be painfully obvious, Feysal is claiming 3rd party, and Furc is backing him up, so that would suggest that said scum is Kanye.

Can be put in the shredder right?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Andrius »

dont touch mjaye
im hoping against all hope that some divine magicks will drop down and make us lovers or even neighbors but apparently that's too much to ask for let alone a ROLE
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

here are my thoughts on the d1 wagon stall: feysal and i are either both mafia or both not mafia. there is no other reason for our wagons to have stalled the way they did, unless mafia were split evenly between the wagons. if one of us were mafia and the other not, that wagon would most certainly have gone through. im willing to use feysal as a town directed kill.

In post 1022, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
I'm honestly not sure what to think of their claims just yet. Claiming third party doesn't really make someone actually third party, there are plenty of gambits out there. However, claiming third party as town is retardedly bad, as evidenced by the recently concluded Mafiascum Fantasy Camp game (thanks, GreyICE). Most people have the common sense to avoid something that idiotic, so I'm left to conclude that they are either third party or scum. Given that conclusion and the fact that Feysal has a killing role, I'm more than content to see him hang.

No, I haven't seen any other tells jump out at me so far. Otherwise I would have mentioned it, obviously.

so why were you opposed to the gandalf lynch? are you still opposed to a gandalf lynch? are you satisfied with his "im town now"

i had a town read on ludi but im liking ooba less.

catching up still but i dont feel good about mos, and i still think wow can go.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:12 pm

This Kanye wagon is feeling increasingly like the obvtownretardedwagon on Palisade in [REDACTED].
Permanent V/LA.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:25 am

Post by Furcolow »

I get to choose what whether or not i take the win condition, andrius, so if i think someone is scum i wont
i was banking on feysal being a town vig, but he's more like 3rd party with a weird win condition

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”