Flame Warriors U-Pick; Troll wins it for his team!

Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Duplicity »

No, it doesn't. It really doesn't.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Scumhunter »

@Duplicity (Amrun feel free to answer this as well) Why is benmage necessarily town?

Your SirB case was on page 4 and I understand what you were saying but I'm not convinced your read is correct and not just the way SirB plays.

I hope your mother is raped by a goat.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Oh and what do you mean my scumread on benmage is off? Its mostly a gut read based on the way I felt he was posturing with some of his posts. I could be wrong. I didn't like his initial response to me at al thoughl. Focusing on why my case is bad and pushing back at me made it feel like he was more concerned with other people not believing me instead of trying to convince me I was making a mistake. Herp derp lets policy lynch SH for his hypocritical case instead of saying "Hey, SH this is where you are messing up here". Thats what I would be expecting from a good town player.
Show
-----
-----
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

Haven't gotten to this game. Might later after the packers game.. or definitely tomorrow where I'm sure I'll have the time.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I'm real sorry, guys. I caught some virus from a roommate and ended up real fucked up. I am going to reread. I have some assignments to catch up on, due tonight, so I'll be doing that first. But I'll have something up by tomorrow night for certain.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Dup: I don't know Gaoth: Examples would be nice. His reasons for finding your game scummy which is based on wording/phrasing of sorts looks really questionable.

As for Scumhunter I'm still waiting for him to explain this:
In post 312, Scumhunter wrote:
Officially out of RVS = me being officially out of the troll mindset. My vote on duplicity wasn't serious.

post 265
He says it was RVS with voting dup but his next post does not read as a joke and leans me to believe his vote was more serious and now he's backtracking.

Benmage pointing out SH's hypocrisy is told town for Benmage.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 324, Scumhunter wrote:So Benmage's #16 doesn't set off alarm bells to you?

Small Thoughts; You're thinking Benmage's scum, but you're more likely standing on the side and just saying "This post is scummy" in this post.

ISO #7: Who the fuck cares if he had "Best Town Performance", mostly came from the other town mostly doing the work than he did, I don't even know. Complaining about "not knowing fencesitting" and the "Best Town Performance" isn't going to help anyone out at all. Who the fuck even cares anyways, other than you.

ISO #8: You say that your vote on Duplicity was a troll-vote, THEN you go asking someone else what s/he thought on Duplicity. Weird, much?

No sandwich for you, mother fucker~ :P You can't tell me what to do!
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

@Tragedy, benmage's response seemed to me like an attack on my credibility and seeking to diminish my opinion/influence more than just to refute my points. I realize some of my reasons are hypocritical. I realize that that leads to those suspicions getting hand-waived away. It still is MY opinion though. Am I saying OMG lynch benmage, no. A) That's not happening. B) My reads are subject to change. I still think benmage seems "off" (as duplicity would say). I'd say any investigative role we have would be wise to check benmage, if he's scum no one even seems the slightest bit suspicious other than me.

@farside, Pointing out hypocrisy is not a town tell you derp-tastic derpopotamus. Its actually one of the #1 defense mechanisms of scum. Sure I was pointing out actions that apply to me as well, however what I was pointing out is why those actions gave me a gut scum read. I know I was lurking and not being serious, HOWEVER, benmage's attitude in his limited posts seemed very serious (unlike mine), like he was trying hard to be involved in the game and not posting anything of value despite that srs bizness attitude. Was I reading into a motive that wasn't there? Maybe. This is why I hate d1 "cases". My vote was not OMG lets lynch benmage now obv scum, it was me outing my suspicions. Oh and read, duplicity confirmed I always joke vote him day 1. Backtracking off a serious vote. Nope.

You know its rough when you can't even get a sammich. Fuck you Tragedy :(
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Oh and duplicity, you vote me and then 3 more people post aggressive attitudes towards me. Coincidence? I want to hear more from you Regfan. YOU have been lurking the last few days now that I've been posting a lot and its making me nervous.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Nervous meaning Duplicity is scum and this town doesn't stand a fucking chance.
Show
-----
-----
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Gaoth »

sorry everybody. got back later than expected and was met by more work than i thought. will catch up tomorrow.
Show
Gaoth rhymes with Breath.

"Thanks for being a breath of fresh air Gaoth." - Regfan

Why Slaxx is the best mod ever
tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Town Record: 2-0
Scum Record: 0-1
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Scumhunter, I thought your trolling was going to cease now that we are out of RVS?

I will comment later, don't have the time right now. I don't find Duplicity to be blatant scum when reading through the isolation, I'll make a more committed comment about that tomorrow, though.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

How do you figure I'm trolling, you asshat?
Show
-----
-----
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:55 am

Post by farside22 »

SH wrote:@farside, Pointing out hypocrisy is not a town tell you derp-tastic derpopotamus. Its actually one of the #1 defense mechanisms of scum. Sure I was pointing out actions that apply to me as well, however what I was pointing out is why those actions gave me a gut scum read. I know I was lurking and not being serious, HOWEVER, benmage's attitude in his limited posts seemed very serious (unlike mine), like he was trying hard to be involved in the game and not posting anything of value despite that srs bizness attitude. Was I reading into a motive that wasn't there? Maybe. This is why I hate d1 "cases". My vote was not OMG lets lynch benmage now obv scum, it was me outing my suspicions. Oh and read, duplicity confirmed I always joke vote him day 1. Backtracking off a serious vote. Nope.

Pointing out someone that is doing what your doing is not town.
Me pointing out that your doing what he is doing is not scum hunting.
Gut doesn't pull me. Your post on dup shows your paying attention.
Joke voting is RVS not 10 pages later and asking a question to back it up.

In post 333, Scumhunter wrote:Oh and duplicity, you vote me and then 3 more people post aggressive attitudes towards me. Coincidence? I want to hear more from you Regfan. YOU have been lurking the last few days now that I've been posting a lot and its making me nervous.

Bahahahahahahha
You didn't even start posting more till you were called out. Tell me what you find that = Dup scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:58 am

Post by farside22 »

far wrote:Pointing out someone that is doing what your doing is not town.
Me pointing out that your doing what he is doing is not scum hunting.
Joke voting is RVS not 10 pages later and asking a question to back it up

This was worded horribly.

SH pointing out something that he is doing about Benmage is not town view.
Me pointing it out means I noticed it. You saying scum doing that is sounding OMGUS and not scum hunting.
Joke voting is RVS not 10 pages later and asking a question to back it up

*I need to learn to hit preview first*
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Scumhunter »

I hadn't read the thread in detail at all before my iso #7. Since then I have been paying close attention. I was skimming the thread early enough to know that Duplicity was getting wagoned for lolzy reasons.

Players are different. If a moron hammers on a clear, it might not be a scumtell from them. If I hammer a clear it sure as hell would mean I'm scum/trolling. The point I'm getting at is different actions mean different things from different players. I know that me lurking is not a scum tell from me because:

a)I'm not scum
b)I do it d1 regardless of alignment for ~10 pages/however long I feel like

For benmage, it seemed like his attitude towards the game was much different than mine from the get go(much more srs, almost too srs for my liking). I can think of a few reasons why he might act that way and I felt/still feel like he is hiding something. The "omg ur hypocritical" hand-waive is completely illogical bullshit and it takes away from the fact that players are different and the same actions from different players can (and usually do) mean entirely different things.

Duplicity, why are you voting me?
Show
-----
-----
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Hui, 14 pages... I really need to work on this now.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Benmage »

Ugh, I haven't gotten to the pages I promised to read (7-11?)..and I've only skimmed the new content. But I wanted to put an end to this reoccurring theme. Hopefully later I can make a fuller post.

It was not so much the hypocrisy that I had an issue with SH. I've often joked with that saying
"this is me pot calling you kettle black"
... meaning I would call someone out for scummy behavior despite being guilty of the same act. The main issue I had with scumhunter was that he called me out for acting scummy for posting content-less fluff.

As I have stated before, there is nothing wrong with someone going..
Reads:
Town:
AAA
BBB
CCC

Scum:
XXX
YYY
ZZZ

I did it. SH did it (hence the hypocrisy comment).. i think Hopp did it the post before. Everyone does it. There is nothing inherently scummy with it. In fact I'd say there's town motivation behind it, because it commits people.

***************** Furthermore this is why I called scumhunter A POLICY LYNCH. Because he made this idiotic false accusation. Crap like this comes only from the inexperienced. My one flaw( :wink: ) Err greatest flaw in mafia is reading newbs. They make fundamental mistakes that appear scummy and therefore are the hardest to read. Are the scummy cause they're scum, or just dumb town?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Scumhunter »

The focus is on the wrong thing here. My lurking and lack of content early game is not a scumtell from me. Ask Duplicity. He's voting me because I didn't suck his dick and respond to his case right away and because he thinks wtf at my read on Ben, or quite possibly because he's scum.

Ben, you say the "main issue you have with me is that I called you out for posting content-less fluff". Well no shit, the problem I have with you is that you were posting content-less fluff, would you agree? If so, why? I'd figure a pro veteran like yourself would be expertly scumhunting from page 1!!? /sarcasm All that while you were seemingly taking the game seriously. I obviously wasn't taking the game seriously early on so lol hypocritical shouldn't be a valid reason to just be able to flip this around like that. Also, I'm not a newb I've been playing mafia games for a while and have completed quite a few games on here. You are one of the few people who I've encountered who are more arrogant than me. Not sure if I'd put you on Regfan's arrogance level, CONGRATS :good:

I'm willing to say I could be wrong about you, although I'm still irritated that once again my reads day 1 have been turned around and the focus on me because people can't distinguish that one set of actions can be scummy from one player and not from another. It's even further irritating that with your lack of aggression towards me here it makes you more likely to be town so that if you end up town people will think I was really being a moron, when it couldn't be further from the truth. Anyways, enough about this.

Duplicity, still waiting for more content from you explaining your vote.
Show
-----
-----
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:18 am

Post by CATFISH »

Expect me to stuff things tomorrow.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I will comment later, don't have the time right now. I don't find Duplicity to be blatant scum when reading through the isolation, I'll make a more committed comment about that tomorrow, though.

So basically nobody is scum from your reads still? After 14 pages?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:54 am

Post by Hoppster »

Town-read on Farside.

Leaning-town on both benmage and Scumhunter.

You should all stop bickering and vote Dramonic.

/definitelynotaproddoge
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Gaoth »

Now playing catch up. Much like stupid wobbuffets need to do. slow ass mo fos.
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Gaoth »

CATFISHpost 278
I know it was a while ago, but would you mind explaining?

Oversoul post 284
If he was, what town motivation is there for pointing it out? Do not like.

Farside post 285
I have played three games consecutively with regfan, one in which we were mason's together. The last game was a scum regfan after two town regfan games. at the begging of scumreg game, I had a town read on reg, but this was based off his leadership as I saw it. Post game revealed that he had me as a puppet from the word go. Upon further review, I have concluded that his POSTING STYLE tends toward scumreg this game rather than town reg. For an example of what I mean, compare

Townreg posting to Scumreg posting in my experience with regfan. He tends to be very direct as town but browbeats with long winded explanation as scum IN MY EXPERIENCE, which is where my read/paranoia come from.

Scumhunterpost 289
I have to agree with you here. Benmage is textbook fence sitting and its disgustingly scummy.

Farsidepost 309 I lol'd

Reads (in no particular order inclusively)
Town: Ethereal Cookie, scumhunter, GhostWriter, Shadow Dancer, Hoppster, Sir Bastion
Null: Robocopter87, Dramonic, Primate, Killerjester, Tragedy
Scum: Duplicity, Benmage, Oversoul, CATFISH

Sticking with CATFISH for now.

Oh, and the hate directed at Scumhunter is laughable. He may be a troll, but he's an experienced troll.

P.S. I recently caught both a Lugia and Kyogre in HeartGold Version with Dive Balls, and then named them after Greek ocean deities (Aegaeon and Oceanus respectively). SO. FREAKING. COOL!
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Gaoth
Gaoth
Goon
Gaoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by Gaoth »

EBWOP: Exchange Farside22 for Killerjester on the reads list. Also, Fucking Magnezones, how do they work?
Show

tha a' gaoth ag èiridh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”