Stringer Bell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Stringer Bell »

In post 123, warriormode wrote:
In post 121, Stringer Bell wrote:
In post 116, warriormode wrote:
In post 114, Toogeloo wrote:By the by...

I have a power. One that has been described as "anti-town" by at least one person.

Seriously? Why are you sharing this?
Unvote, vote:Toogeloo

How does it make him scummy that he has an anti-town ability? The abilities were distributed at random..The fact that he shared it doesn't really matter to me, doesn't give me a tell at all. The only thing it tells me is that there are anti-town abilities in the game..

If we lynch someone with an anti-town ability, doesn't that mean that ability is gone?
I thought we also agreed not to say or hint towards our roles for today. did we not?
His post here isn't really scummy, the fact that he hasn't voted or even given some kind of read on anyone yet is.

I think we need Toog to elaborate more on the ability and just how anti-town it is. Then we can make a better decision about what to do with it. If necessary, Toog could not use the ability, and also not make a cycling choice, which would send the ability into the void.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Why is everyone so interested in me putting a vote on someone?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 125, Stringer Bell wrote:I think we need Toog to elaborate more on the ability and just how anti-town it is.

Coming from Multiple Personality Mafia... pretty much every role can also be pro-town if used by someone with the right intentions. Sending an ability to the Void also means preventing town from having it as well, which... you never know what could happen.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 126, Toogeloo wrote:Why is everyone so interested in me putting a vote on someone?

Because I have made precognitive skills. Just do it Mr. 'I Like to Do My Own Thing Because I'm Cool Like That Even Thought It is Anti-Town' :P
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Sinestro
Sinestro
Townie
Sinestro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Sinestro »

In post 124, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Toog
– why not vote for someone right now. That’s be great! At least until we get a vote-count. Thanks in advance!

--

@Sinestro
– Do you plan to sign your posts or just let the clear differentiation between Andy and Hiplop tell the tale?

Sinestro wrote:eh if you were to place your vote right now, who would it be on? (assuming it was a hammer vote ?) @toog but other can reply if they REALLY want

Why don’t you answer yourself …that’d be great!

signing posts, nah
Beware your fears made into light!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Fine

Vote: Toogeloo

But just until next vote count (or I see something better).
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 am

Post by projectmatt »

I have a power. One that has been described as "anti-town" by at least one person.

How does it make him scummy that he has an anti-town ability? The abilities were distributed at random..The fact that he shared it doesn't really matter to me, doesn't give me a tell at all. The only thing it tells me is that there are anti-town abilities in the game..

If we lynch someone with an anti-town ability, doesn't that mean that ability is gone?
I thought we also agreed not to say or hint towards our roles for today. did we not?
His post here isn't really scummy, the fact that he hasn't voted or even given some kind of read on anyone yet is.

I have trouble with this. If you read Warriormode's post before it you can pretty obviously see that the outing of such an ability sparked Warrior's idea to get a vote on Toogeloo. It feels like he initially felt that his post was scummy but is attempting to cover it up with some actual "scumtells".

Warrior, a question, if you will:

What are you thoughts on Implosion's plan of "massclaiming\game plan" as opposed to Magna Of Illusion's plan?
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:04 am

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x2 ::

crypto (4) -
implosion, projectmatt, MagnaofIllusion, PeregrineV

warriormode (3)
Magister Ludi, wazzatron, crypto

FourseenCircumstance (2) -
Stringer Bell, diddin

Toogeloo (2) -
warriormode, Toogeloo

nopointinactingup (1) -
Workdawg

Bunnylover (1) -
FourseenCircumstance

Junpei (1) -
EtherealCookie

Furcolow (1) -
Kdub

Sinestro (1) -
nopointinactingup

Magister Ludi (1) -
springlullaby

Workdawg (1) -
Sinestro

Not Voting (7) -
RedCoyote, whispersilk, Furcolow, SlySly, Junpei, Drunken Piper, Bunnylover

With 25 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is in (expired on 2011-11-08 23:07:02).
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 am

In post 130, Toogeloo wrote:Fine

Vote: Toogeloo

But just until next vote count (or I see something better).

Good enough. Thanks.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Unvote
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am

Post by projectmatt »

Magna, why did you fail to respond to Crypto's #101?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:27 am

In post 135, projectmatt wrote:Magna, why did you fail to respond to Crypto's #101?

Because I've already answered it. I don't jump through hoops repeating myself. We've already discussed my read on him and the game hasn't gone anywhere significant in the meantime.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 am

Post by crypto »

so you still think i am mafia?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Workdawg »

IIRC, the only ability that people had decided was really anti-town was the treestump... but that should still be useful. Or maybe I'm interpreting something wrong. Toog also said that the specific ability has already been discussed, so we can narrow it down pretty well based on that. I don't recall seeing anything mentioned that was downright terrible for town, so I don't think it's really worth discussing it quite yet.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am

Post by implosion »

magna wrote:
Also fair warning – Any player that sends a powerful Pro-Town ability (Doc / Investigation / Vig) out of play by ‘forgetting’ to send a cycling choice is to be lynched immediately. I put this out there so no-one can claim “oops, I forgot”.

Quoting this because PEOPLE NEED TO SEE IT. Also, EVERYONE NEEDS TO LOOK AT MAGNA'S PLAN AND FOLLOW IT. There was a lot of failure to follow the plan last game, even when it was stressed that it had to be followed.
magna wrote:@Implosion – Why did you specifically add claiming Powers to my plan from Cyclical X01 when it was not part of the original plan?

Because we wound up doing it eventually. I don't remember exactly when, but it helped with determining possible reasons for the number of kills that happened at night, what kind of power we had, coordination to an extent, etc.
magna wrote:It was Anti-Town last game since Diddin publicly claimed it and allowed scum to hijack said ability. The ability itself is not inherently Anti-Town in the slightest.

True, i suppose.
Toogeloo wrote:I should also state that I am a bit of a loose canon in games of organization. I like to do my own thing, and find that a little chaos tends to monkey wrench (and make more interesting) the game a bit. The main reason for this is that scum are already informed, so I don't like to aid that in any way.

The point of the massclaim plan in this game is to even the playing field of information. That's also a reason to massclaim abilities at some point - a scumteam as a whole will know about every ability that anyone on the scumteam has ever had.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:22 am

Post by implosion »

Toog is town. Crypto isn't scummy. What Magna has said is scummy about crypto really isn't scummy, it's all playstyle comments. Which really aren't indicative of anything relevant.

Unvote, Vote: warriormode
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:31 am

Post by springlullaby »

^^
Toog isn't a treestump since they can't be voted iirc.
Comment on the mechanics, I think it's okay as MoI proposed it, if the power is not claimed it seems useful to keep straight tract of the cycling to minimize possible confusion if power come to pass to scum. I doubt it will do anything beyond that, but still it's helpful.

Crypto seems kinda overeager yet hesitant in his vote, but I think his "vote implosion" stuff isn't likely done by scum.
Not liking warriormode's vote on toog, and subsequent justifications. Toog willingness to go "against plan" is slightly bizarre but I read it as more likely coming from town, which nullify the annoying posting style.
Vote warriormode

Predit: workdawg post was the one above mine
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:39 am

Post by warriormode »

In post 131, projectmatt wrote:

I have trouble with this. If you read Warriormode's post before it you can pretty obviously see that the outing of such an ability sparked Warrior's idea to get a vote on Toogeloo. It feels like he initially felt that his post was scummy but is attempting to cover it up with some actual "scumtells".

Warrior, a question, if you will:

What are you thoughts on Implosion's plan of "massclaiming\game plan" as opposed to Magna Of Illusion's plan?

If you're talking about the claiming part, I like Magna's plan a little better because it keeps track of everyone on a day to day basis as opposed to implosion's plan of everyone just claiming at once. Overall, both game plans are good.
However; I also think when someone is about to get lynched, they should claim their abilities, especially if they have pro-town ones like cop or doc.

Toogeloo's play so far just bothers the shit out of me. His first post basically tells me he wants sympathy when he acts scummy.
I hate when people say that. Personally I like when people tell me I'm scummy and I certainly don't want sympathy for it, its part of the game.
Then he already deviates from the plan by soft claiming with the excuse of being a "loose cannon."
Also he has yet to give any reads and continues to avoid to...
All of that bothers me just to be clear.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Junpei »

Crypto:
In post 17, Junpei wrote:I read MoI's plan from x01, and I liked it a lot, and would like to go with it this game, at least for now.

MoI: Gametheory in private as in, by yourself, in your head, in notepad, or whatever you use, theory about the game. We aren't about to clog the thread up with pages of people fleshing out ideas. If you have a good idea after working on it solo, post it, but if I posted everything I thought about in regards to gametheory, you'd be mad.

Furthermore, once RVS has been executed I believe that looking back at it IS good. I feel tells can be generated from it. What I do not believe is that there needs to exist an RVS, or at least it doesn't need be confined to its current form. People credit the idea of random voting itself causing discussion. I disagree. I feel it is the game itself which generates discussion, and randomly voting is simply a fad which has caught on in order to do so.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Junpei »

Also people need to stop speculating on Toogs' role, it was a terrible thing to claim the way he did, and I'm a bit confused as to why MoI didn't jump on it, as he's someone who I would expect to.

Early on I find crypto to be town, he is asking some good questions if I remember correctly, despite is fluff, and I feel that his playstyle may be getting in the way of that. You must look and see which scummy things are inherent of the playstyle, and which are being hidden in the play style.

I can say by the way that after thinking about it, MoI's plan is the BEST plan, and WILL be followed. There will be no exceptions to this unless you provide a compelling argument, but I doubt one will generate.

Sinestro is... well he's hiplop and hiplop is frustrating. But that won't be the basis of my voting him. He has made 7 posts with saying nothing other than toog is town based on meta, which by the way, he hasn't explained. No comments on anything else other than "MoI /agree" which is something everyone should be doing anyway.
vote Sinestro

Penegrine: Why are you voting with codetags? Why not names?

Also FoSing Stringer Bell for rolefishing.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 50, Junpei wrote:
The reason I didn't state the plan until I was at my third post was because I didn't think to. That's really it.

Sorry Crypto, this is the correct quote.

Sorry for triple posting, I will try to make sure this isn't a frequent event.

EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

@Wazzatron
@ethicalcookie that is not a personality, say how you act in real life and in this game not just ... well nothing about you because i have no idea what that even means.
also the only anti-town piece i see is the virus.

I find your analytical skills poor if you haven't already deciphered my general attitude this game.

Furthermore, provide rationale for your statements. I fail to see how treestump isn't generally negative for town.
Crypto is border-line trolling at the moment. Absolutely no actual contribution to town. Little snippets with no real attempted analysis of anyone.

@Toogeloo
By the by...

Why did you share this? People being curious is not a good reason, by the way. Being quiet about it and getting rid of it by yourself would’ve been a better idea, if you deemed it incredibly anti-town.
I think we need Toog to elaborate more on the ability and just how anti-town it is. Then we can make a better decision about what to do with it. If necessary, Toog could not use the ability, and also not make a cycling choice, which would send the ability into the void.

I dislike Stringer Bell’s attempt to push Toogeloo into revealing even more about his ability. We have no clue what the mafia themselves have as a power. If they have, say, a rerouter, they could send his ability to one of their buddies if it’s deemed useful. Revealing more information about the ability is once again, not beneficial for the town. If Toog wants, he can decide by himself not to make that cycling choice and send the ability to the grave. The mafia benefits more from us gaining information of his role than the town does.
Unvote

Vote: Stringer Bell

Anyways, I’m in favor of MoI’s plan. No need to reveal what type of abilities are floating around. The less informed the mafia are, the better for us.
Also, Furcolow needs to start posting.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

In the game and ready for the fun,
After checking in, 6 pages are done?

In post 35, warriormode wrote:I like your plan implosion.
Should be very helpful.
And I doubt scum will pass each other abilities.
But if they do, all the easier I suppose.

Vote: crypto

This post is suspect or slightly scummy to me.
early spidey sense? reading more might be the key.

I am caught up and the vote is easy I fear.
it should go no other place but right here.

Vote warriormode

(burp)
(hic)
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Drunken Piper, what do you think of warrior's posting outside that initial vote?

Junpei wrote:Sinestro is... well he's hiplop and hiplop is frustrating. But that won't be the basis of my voting him. He has made 7 posts with saying nothing other than toog is town based on meta, which by the way, he hasn't explained. No comments on anything else other than "MoI /agree" which is something everyone should be doing anyway. vote Sinestro

Can you explain why this is a better vote than on someone, say, with one or no posts. And, who you are comparing Sinestro's posting to that we should all be emulating?
Stringer Bell
Stringer Bell
Goon
Stringer Bell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 pm

Post by Stringer Bell »

In post 146, EtherealCookie wrote:

I dislike Stringer Bell’s attempt to push Toogeloo into revealing even more about his ability. We have no clue what the mafia themselves have as a power. If they have, say, a rerouter, they could send his ability to one of their buddies if it’s deemed useful. Revealing more information about the ability is once again, not beneficial for the town. If Toog wants, he can decide by himself not to make that cycling choice and send the ability to the grave. The mafia benefits more from us gaining information of his role than the town does.
Unvote

Vote: Stringer Bell

You took my quote totally out of context. This was the full conversation I was having with warriormode:
In post 125, Stringer Bell wrote:

warriormode had voted for Toogeloo after Toog had revealed that he had an anti-town role. I questioned warrior as to why that made him scummy, and he said he thought it was a good idea to lynch someone with an anti-town ability because that ability would go away. That's when I said that Toog needed to elaborate more on his ability before we decided to lynch him, just to get rid of that ability.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”