bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:55 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 146, Odysseus wrote:I've played an embarrassing number of games on EM.

FYI, I am MrShow/bionicchop2 there. If you have played with me there it may help you read me here.

In post 146, Odysseus wrote:
Godamnit, bionicchop2, stop using appreviations. I swear this feels like the eighth time I've had to google what the crap you guys are saying.

Research is healthy and it will help you in the future. You can thank me later.
The above written statement is pro-town.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:37 am

Post by el simo »

In post 137, redtail896 wrote:
In post 99, ScreamingHawk wrote:VOTE: el Simo
Reading el Simo's posts, he doesn't actually say anything substantial. Also,
In post 105, el simo wrote:Odysseus makes a very interesting case against KB. I'm going to have to review when I get a chance.

looks bad to me. You've posted 4 times since then, and still no thoughts. It feels like this line is an excuse to look like you're commenting on it without actually commenting.

Nope still no thoughts, I've been studying for an exam I have in an hour, as well as one I had yesterday.
I don't have the time to make a detailed post.

But thanks for the wagon will provide a good read on you.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Odysseus »

Slaxx here.

It is still too early to get a lot of good reads, but I'm confident enough to say that both Soben and Tim are town. Probably 9s on Retro's scale.

Strong Town:
Timeater, Soben
Moderate Town:
Uphill
Weak Town:
Demonhybrid, Bioni, Treznor
Null:
Yonzy, Gen, SH
Weak Scum:
El simo, Redtail (Slightly unlikely partners due to this this).
Moderate Scum:
Katty

A couple other fun tidbits:

Bionic/SH pairing is ]unlikely.
DH/SH pairing is unlikely.
Katty/Uphill pairing is very unlikely.
Treznor/Bionic pairing is slightly unlikely.
Wandering from clime to clime, observant
stray'd,
Their manners noted, and their states
survey'd,
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Odysseus »

bionicchop2; I don't recongize you. I'm LOLUMAD on EM but I retired a little over six months ago. (Retro)

Sooooooo any opinions on my second case for Katty?
stray'd,
survey'd,
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

FightingShadow replaces Timeater. Thanks FightingShadow!
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 1.6:

treznor - [2] - Timeater, ScreamingHawk
Katty Bard - [2] - Odysseus, Soben
ScreamingHawk - [2] - bionicchop2, DemonHybrid
el simo - [2] - Gen_Wolf, redtail896
Timeater - [1] - el simo
bionicchop2 - [1] - Uphill

Not Voting - [3] - Yonzy, treznor, Katty Bard

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch or 7 to no-lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2011-11-09 11:01:07)
Last edited by Wickedestjr on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:24 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 153, Odysseus wrote:bionicchop2; I don't recongize you. I'm LOLUMAD on EM but I retired a little over six months ago. (Retro)

Sooooooo any opinions on my second case for Katty?

Ahh. I quit a long time ago before the comp lobby (similar to here) and started playing again a few months back.

======

As far as Katty goes, I understand the issue and I don't see any flaw in the suspicion, but would really like to see how Katty responds the rest of the day since that one post reads to me more like new player than scum. We are dealing with only 7 posts from them and 5 of them are minimal.

If I check Katty's post history on the site, I find her post from joining on the 19th. She states she has some off-site experience and has been lurking this site. Was previously intimidated and hesitated to sign up. That is a post that is independent of a game situation and would have no reason to be misleading.

So imagine being a new player on the site, intimidated by the experienced players and seeing your 1st game take off rather quickly. You want to join in, but you don't know how. You don't know how to scumhunt really and you remember reading somewhere that random lynches were bad. I could see a player in this situation posting this way.

I know I am giving a whole backstory in my head, but I try to understand the motivation behind someone's posts. In this case I am giving leeway for some D1 jitters. On the flipside, you have given her a whole backstory from a scum perspective. Possible, but not probable, and certainly not as cut and dry as you are presenting it. After the game she may tell us that we were both wrong and her cat typed it, but she was afraid to tell us.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Hi FightingShadow. Any comments?

Are we really going to get this in depth about the headache thing? Sounds a bit extreme. Also as I side not, the passive aggressive sounding in that post was probably a symptom of said migraine. I know it would be for me.

And Soben... I'm already begining to regret my words...
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by FightingShadow »

Congrats, you get to play with me! I'll read up and post some thoughts later tonight. Just confirming my replacement here.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Odysseus »

@bionicchop2; Hmm...I definitely didn't think of it from that perspective at all. Although, going back and reading her early game posts, she seems presumptuous and doesn't look intimated at all. I absolutely buy her being a bit afraid of what to do now that I've thrown so much heat her way though. Hmm, this shook up my read a bit because now I feel a little sorry for her because I would absolutely feel overwhelmed in her position. If Slaxx is willing and we can find someone else we're almost as sure of being scum as her, I would absolutely support giving her another game day to get her bearings.
I've read read your post a couple times now and I can't figure what side of the spectrum your Katty read is on. If you had to rank Katty on my 1-10 scale, where would you place her?

My reads have shifted a little bit:
Katty: 3
, I've lost a little conviction on Katty that I absolutely wouldn't have if she wasn't a girl but whatever. I'm interested to see how Soben reacts to this.
bionicchop2, 7
, Almost all of his recent play I have trouble seeing from a scum-perspective. And I completely don't see bio coming to Katty's emotional rescue as her partner. There would have been no reason to look for the validity of her inexperience. I find it kind of funny that the second I give you a null-scum read, you instantly start towntelling. Makes me look like a fool :<
DH: 5
, I really don't buy the time scum read and it still bothers me how he doesn't see any merit in my Katty read. For some reason Slaxx thinks he's town though so I'm just going to stop picking my brains over what DH is doing and see if I can figure it out later in the game.

It seems I need to revisit ScreamingHawk's play now that I see bio as probable town.
stray'd,
survey'd,
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by Odysseus »

I'm going to try to look at Scream's post from both perspectives and see which one I believe more when I'm finished.

In post 99, ScreamingHawk wrote:Wow this game has taken off quick. Anywho...

Timeater reads town - aggressive but that's all good.
Treznor reads nub-null / null-scum - opinions are swayed very easy. backing down very quickly. can't handle pressure either becuase new or scum and doesn't want confrontation.
Odysseus reads town - generally nice amount of information for so early on. May need to check his meta later (fill me in if you know)
redtail reads null - why did you unvote someone with only your vote on him (and mine from RVS but who cares) - no harm leaving it there until you have someone else to vote for?
Soben reads town - you seem nice.
Uphill reads town - not much to say here.

Anyone else needs to make a bigger impression.

I'll be back on in hour or so
Town:
I can easily see how someone who did a quick read could get these reads. Maybe it's just because these are very similar to how my reads would have looked at this point of the game, I dunno. I like how many towntells there are here and I feel like scum would be reluctant to give so many so early in the game.
Scum:
This is pretty much the popular/safe reads that most people have in this game at this point. It'd be easy to pick up on these from reading because not many of us were cryptic with our fos's. He doesn't provide a lot of information for each of his reads and stuff like 'you seem nice.' isn't a legitimate read at all. Now that I look closely asking why redtail unvoted is a non-factor too. He says other people need to leave a bigger impression when he barely makes a splash himself here or later in the game. Addition after full ISO: He did not mention Katty here at all even though he mentioned everyone else involved in that content. He also says that people not listed didn't make an impression and I find that very hard to believe considering the fact that we (mostly me) are still talking about it.

In post 100, ScreamingHawk wrote:Also should chuck this in UNVOTE: VOTE: Treznor
Wassup son?

Town:
Creating a bit of a splash with the 'come at me, bro' line. I thought trez was pretty scummy at this point in the game because his reasoning for his vote/unvote were very weak so I can follow how he got here.
Scum:
Not much to say here. I guess this could be leading on a relatively easy lynch and there's nothing groundbreaking about any reads or this vote.

Rather than quoting this block, I'll just link it: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p3542677

Town:
I like how he responded to the argument against him by bringing up Soben's list of reads. This made it look like he was actually reading/scumhunting. I really like his closing statement to this post where he said that his read felt stronger during his skim and fell apart a bit during the ISO.
Scum:
He claimed to ISO but only quoted/commented about one post. The only thing he said about this post is something that both Time and I had said prior to this. He said he skimmed so it's highly likely he thought this would be a safe place for his vote and something that he could withdraw or build on at a later point.

In post 110, ScreamingHawk wrote:@bionicchop2 - I wanted meta on you before I came to any conclusion.

@Odys - ty for game link.

Town:
He said thanks for me giving him meta?
Scum:
Why is every third word that comes out of this guys mouth meta? Can he not scumhunt without comparing current play to past play? Usually someone asking for meta looks a bit town because it shows that they are willing to go the extra mile and read games that have no impact on their current game to try to get a better understanding of playstyle/reads. SH has brought up meta like 4 times now yet has had absolutely nothing to show for it.

In post 157, ScreamingHawk wrote:Hi FightingShadow. Any comments?

Are we really going to get this in depth about the headache thing? Sounds a bit extreme. Also as I side not, the passive aggressive sounding in that post was probably a symptom of said migraine. I know it would be for me.

And Soben... I'm already begining to regret my words...

Town:
He brings up an okay point to defend Katty. And I guess he's nice to the newcomer?
Scum:
Whoa, I just noticed something! Katty has been a big part of the discussion in this thread so far and this is the first time SH mentions anything to do with her. (He said her name once before but it was when about trez being scum) Here he fights probably the weakest part of the Katty case but still does not provide any good content in which we could figure out his read on Katty. I'd say that SH is a very likely Katty patner.

Overall:
This rose a lot of questions for me, certainly enough for me to drop him out of the null range into the scum range.
Questions for SH:
1) Based on the amount and value of your content to this point, would you have made it onto your list of reads after a skim or would you be one of the people who needs to make more of an influence? Why?
2) Why didn't you list a read on Katty?
3) What is your read on Katty?
4) You voted treznor but conceded to the fact that your case was weak. Soben and I have both provided reads where we analyze his play and he ended up townsided. Do you agree with this? Why haven't you talked about it considering the fact that he is your lynch target and you've posted active-lurk posts since then?

-------

And holy fucking shit I need to stop posting, I am completely taking over this game. Okay, I promise I wont post again until at least three or four people post good posts that have relevant content.
stray'd,
survey'd,
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 159, Odysseus wrote:
I've read read your post a couple times now and I can't figure what side of the spectrum your Katty read is on. If you had to rank Katty on my 1-10 scale, where would you place her?

You probably can't figure out what side I am on because I am dead center, so 5 based on your scale. Just not enough info based on the few posts.
treznor
treznor
Goon
treznor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by treznor »

I've gotten the scum vibe from Katty Bard for a while and Odysseus' posts have solidified my reasoning a bit. I'm a big supporter of IIoA as scummy as well (recognizing though that sometimes town will do the same thing as you just don't always have the analysis to post).

VOTE: Katty Bard

DH: If Katty Bard's join data tells you something, what does my join date tell you?
treznor
treznor
Goon
treznor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by treznor »

EDWOP: Posting from the plane (which has spotty internet at best). Didn't notice the entire page 7 prior to my last post. I see Odysseus went back on his read of Katty Bard a slight bit. I'm still leaving my vote there as I find her to be the scummiest option at the moment but agree with others that I'd like to hear her post some more to see if that holds up. My number 2 is Timeater. I know a number of people have stated that his actions fall into his meta for town, and his actions are hardly standard scum play either, but its hard to attribute his actions as seeming like town play, at least to me. Again, will be good to hear from FightingShadow to see if that holds up.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 98, treznor wrote:
I'd go along with Katty being scum if it weren't primarily based on the whole 'someone that explains themselves to much is probably scum' theory... I do that myself way too much (regardless of towniness), so it's tough to attribute it to someone else while knowing that I do the same thing as well when playing as town. Certainly not a town read for me though, null-to-scum.

In post 162, treznor wrote:I've gotten the scum vibe from Katty Bard for a while and Odysseus' posts have solidified my reasoning a bit. I'm a big supporter of IIoA as scummy as well (recognizing though that sometimes town will do the same thing as you just don't always have the analysis to post).

UNVOTE:
VOTE: treznor

These posts seem to be in direct conflict with each other. Am I reading the first post wrong? If you are a big supporter of IIoA = scummy, why were you hesitant in your previous post when the case against her was clearly IIoA.

preview edit: Seems you hadn't caught up to the thread. Still doesn't explain your contradiction, but I was curious why you didn't see Odysseus had slightly shifted in their stance, so at least that is explained.
treznor
treznor
Goon
treznor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by treznor »

Bionicchop, I explained that in the previous post. I'm a fan of IIoA = scummy. Unfortunately I'm also horrible about posting IIoA (which I'm working on) so I also doesn't always trust it as a scum read. Yes, it's an enigma wrapped in a riddle. I swear every time I post in the thread I get more votes :) In #98 I said she was null-to-scum, in 162 I moved towards scum. I don't see how those are actually all that contradictory. I openly state in 98 that the only reason that I was holding back from full-on scumread on Katty for IIoA is that I know I'm prone to it as well, even when I'm town (which is the only alignment I've actually had on this site).
treznor
treznor
Goon
treznor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by treznor »

Bionicchop, I explained that in the previous post. I'm a fan of IIoA = scummy. Unfortunately I'm also horrible about posting IIoA (which I'm working on) so I also doesn't always trust it as a scum read. Yes, it's an enigma wrapped in a riddle. I swear every time I post in the thread I get more votes :) In #98 I said she was null-to-scum, in 162 I moved towards scum. I don't see how those are actually all that contradictory. I openly state in 98 that the only reason that I was holding back from full-on scumread on Katty for IIoA is that I know I'm prone to it as well, even when I'm town (which is the only alignment I've actually had on this site).
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Yonzy »

This game is so active. Its barely been two days since its been released. I read the topic once, then went over it again for each read. When I went over them again for each read I only read the person's post and if they quoted someone, so if the information isn't entirely accurate that is why. I DID read the topic though so..yeah. This post is mainly to give you guys an idea of my views and get me into the conversation so I can get a better understanding.

Bionicchop:
-Seriously Null- His starting seemed scummy to pretty much everyone I guess. Well to me for sure. But later on he seemed to somewhat become more logical.. It does seem like he is experienced enough to have more thoughts. Like most others, its really hard to get a clear read on him...

DemonHybrid:
-Scummiest- He changes his votes a lot tbh. WHen he does, I don't feel like he explains himself enough. He has been on Timeater since post 22. I don't even know if his vote on Treznor was serious since there really wasn't an explanation for it. IMO he's trying to seem town being playing overly aggressive which I'm not really buying. I realize this isn't the read that most people had on him but it's the honest vibe I got from him while reading through his posts. His push on timeater seems like the most irrational push. He was on him for make a mountain out of a molehill while he was doing the same it seemed like. Post 141 screamed out scummy for me too because of his vague analysis on every post. In all he just seems like a lazy scum. Dx

El Simo:
-Leaning scum- He hasn't made much of an impression. 3/5ish of his posts were him talking about his exams that he is/needs to study for. He is posting, just lacking ideas. But according to odysseus he has done this in games where he was town so I can't really get a read off his lack of content.

Gen_wolf:
-Super scum- Not really. No read due to obv reasons.

Katty Bard:
-Town- You guys thought too much about post 24. I can honestly say nothing about him screamed scum to me. You guys overthinking the few posts he/she did have caused unnecessary suspicion.

Odysseus:
-Town- If you're scum, I hate you. You probably have the most townpoints from me because of your big explanations on each player. It made it alot easier for me to understand their intentions. So in a way I have been bwing your thoughts. You're really the only person I didn't really go back and read all the posts of.

Redtail:
-Townest- Out of all the cases on timeater, his seems the most logical, and not overthought. He didn't really add any unnecessary comments, just went straight to questions which pretty much showed he was down for just scum hunting. His call out on El Simo really put El Simo on the spot.

ScreamingHawk:
-scum/lazy townie?- I can't decide between the two. His reads were more pathetic then mine. If by post 106 he didn't have a scum read, I'd think its because he is scum. He seems to be avoiding giving out his ideas because it would give people a read on him.

Soben:
-Town definitely- I don't think a read on him is really even necessary since pretty much everyone reads him as town. His playstyle is just very pro-town in a way i guess.

Timeater/Replacement:
-Town- I don't think he is a 'VI' or scum. I think his primary reason for calling out Uphill was to start discussion, and then from Uphill's reactions he might've picked up a scum read. His decision to quit from Odysseus slaying him was pretty pathetic though tbh. loll

Treznor
-Leaning Scum- My main reason for leaning scum is because as Bion stated, he contradicted himself. I believe that's a newb-scum mistake. His other posts really do same townish though. But the contradiction is enough for me to take those townpoints away.

Uphill
-Scum- His defense in the first few pages just seemed very scummy to me. I don't agree with the people that can get a 'strong' town read from uphill, since he really hasn't posted enough to give a strong read of either alignment.

Vote DemonHybrid
-biggest scumread.
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by FightingShadow »

So . . . I was typing my catch up post, and I lost it. Screw that, it'll be here tomorrow. I'm sorry about my technological failings.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by redtail896 »

In post 167, Yonzy wrote:
Redtail:
-Townest- Out of all the cases on timeater, his seems the most logical, and not overthought. He didn't really add any unnecessary comments, just went straight to questions which pretty much showed he was down for just scum hunting. His call out on El Simo really put El Simo on the spot.

Um... I've never had a case on timeater. I've certainly never voted for him.

What precisely about Uphill's first few pages came across as scummy to you?
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 160, Odysseus wrote:
Overall:
This rose a lot of questions for me, certainly enough for me to drop him out of the null range into the scum range.
Questions for SH:
1) Based on the amount and value of your content to this point, would you have made it onto your list of reads after a skim or would you be one of the people who needs to make more of an influence? Why?
2) Why didn't you list a read on Katty?
3) What is your read on Katty?
4) You voted treznor but conceded to the fact that your case was weak. Soben and I have both provided reads where we analyze his play and he ended up townsided. Do you agree with this? Why haven't you talked about it considering the fact that he is your lynch target and you've posted active-lurk posts since then?

Hey I do mention meta a lot. Never noticed. I do find it important early on, to get a grasp of what the play style is of people as there really isn't much to go on the first day.

1) I probably would have gone unnoticed. I only feel the need to post when I have something to say. That really isn't too often. Am trying to be more active in this game, but we will see how that goes.
2) Katty had all of 5 posts including RVS and some bs convo about RVS and a complaint about a headache. Honestly... The only thing to mention about this is how much attention it got out of everyone else. Less a read on Katty. More a read on those bothering to have a 3 page discussion about it.
3) Null - see above
4) Again, I don't post as often as I should. I'll try to change that for this game. Will see how that goes. I see your cases against trenzor but I don't entirely agree. I see what you see as towntells but with a sign up date of 2004, those towntells seem too nooby to be unforced. I'm pretty undecided at this point. His hop on Katty looks quite like bussing. Though he openly claims that he doesn't have a strong case against her so does look more townish.
tl;dr null-town at this point.

I'll go through and ISO everyone for full analysis after dinner. UTC+12 here.
Will make this one my main game. (Currently 3 others and exams coming up shortly so will try my hardest)
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Post by el simo »

Roiight finished my exam won't have another one for two weeks so I can contribute properly now.

First and foremost: people who have labelled me as scummy for not contributed are either blind or scum.

In post 105, el simo wrote:And on that note: I have an exam today and tomorrow so don't expect too much out of me for the mo.

I clearly stated in my third post that I had limited activity. Targeting me for not being able to post content when I warned you in advance that I wasn't going to be able to is nonsensical.

I don't know who is worse, Soben for starting it or the Oddy for hopping on the wagon, labelling me as some what scummy repeating everything already said about me just so they can look like they have done some actual work.

What bugs me about this is both Soben and Oddy are hybrids, so four very good players have made this oversight that is just nonsense. What's more frustrating is that other than this, I have a pretty strong town read on both of them. At this point in time I don't know what to make of it, so I'll leave it and come back when it might be more useful.

Redtail on the other hand is clearly sheeping, how ever he has the fortune that both Soben and Oddy have stronger reads than me, so his vote is actually the first. Funny though how he targets me for having no substance in my posting, when he hardly has any himself. Yonzy is guilty of this too. Lots of scummies go to both these players.

On Timeater/Uphill: Timeaters aggression doesn't seem genuine to me. He attacks Uphill, claims he is caught scum then noobscum, then immediately moves his vote. Uphill was clearly trying to push out of RVS, this is evident in that his vote, the third in the game, was the second on Soben. <- no one bandwagons in RVS unless they are fishing for reactions, and boy did Timeater react. I find it amusing that he is still pushing Uphill four pages in on one sentence constructed to start discussion. His "powerlurking" comment is a huge stretch and his so called deflection is just a play on words, clearly taking the micky out of his question, "what's up with your vote?" More so, there was nothing for him to deflect, so how can he be deflecting?

After placing my vote on him I was actually expecting him to back off and claim he was fishing for reactions. The fact that he has pursued with this case even though he isn't voting him smells more of cover up than a genuine read.

Uphill strikes me as very town, his last post before replacement was very good. His jump on KB was good and his jump on bion was good. <- Clearly a townsman hunting.

Btw Timeater, who blew up my house, the grenade or the guy who threw it?

On Katty B: 100% agree with Oddy. But what is more telling for me is her last post. She backs out of her vote, claiming that is was terribad. Despite unvoting and admitting her vote was bad, she goes on to defend her vote. Further more, the reasons she gave do not align with her IIoA post. She claims her vote was because he didn't seem like he was trying to randomly voting or trying to generate discussion, yet her IIoA (which she claimed as evidence for why he is scum) was about how it is scummy to advocate a random lynching. Inconsistent.

On that note, Retro you've improved a lot! Also: I hate hybrids, it's like trying to read two players! Oddy and Soben are the only hybrids, correct?

On Treznor: I'm very familiar with his meta and so far he is sticking to it. He won't be getting my vote any time soon.

So to summarise:
vote: Katty Bard.

She is my top read, follow by Timeater. I'm suspicious of Redtail and Yonzy, but have not got enough from them to make any big statements yet.

Lastly:
Hybrids, can you please not post as two people?
It is unfair. Discuss your reads in a quick topic and post them as one. The way you two are posting, we are currently playing with 15 people. All four of you may as well be posting in separate accounts. It's frustrating when I read Retro but then get a conflicting read on his partner etc etc.
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by el simo »

Ignore the fourth sentence in that post. I wrote that before I had read that Redtail and Yonzy had jumped on my wagon.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Bad timing, but
V/LA until 10/30
. Going away for the weekend. Will post when I get back or if I find time during the weekend.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:20 am

Post by FightingShadow »

UNVOTE:

I've had a migraine all day, so this is going to be very brief and incomplete.

In the current climate, my vote is indeed terrible. My reasoning was that he just straight-up said, "I'm trying to get this person lynched." That doesn't translate into RvS OR generating discussion to me, so I didn't like it. And, as somebody already speculated (sorry, I forget who it was in my skim-through) at the time it was all I had. When I feel better, I'll read deeper into the game and provide a stronger defense than this.

Also, the hypothesis that I'm a semi-weak player but with SOME experience is correct. I've completed a whopping three games off-site and am currently in a fourth.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”