Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 am

Post by implosion »

Implosion: if the doc can protect against poison, when should the doc claim it does/does not?

Once someone has had the doctor and it's been a few days since they had it, they could say so. Or if we ever massclaim what abilities exist in the game.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Got prodded.
Keeping up with the thread, but anything I would say, has been said already.
Unvote, Vote: ML

I'm a little more confidence that Fourseen will flip town. ML has been protecting Fourseen a little too hard. Enough to gain some crediability in the game with his reads on a claimed "bad player" when they flip town.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

You think fourseen is town and then vote me over the fact I've been calling him town? Hell, you probably got the idea he was town from me. And can you explain what you mean by saying;

a claimed "bad player"

What do you mean by this?

What are your thoughts on nopointactingup and warrior?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

MoI 315 wrote:Nice deflection.

You basically chose to comment on Stringer and said effectively “He’s sort of scummy but I’m not sure if he should be voted”. You’ve just laid the groundwork to go either way on him depending on the wagon and to have an out if he ever flips.

Town doesn’t have reason to lay ‘escape hatches’ like that.

Great catch, MoI. Workdawg has been slipping beneath my radar a little bit, but this paints him in a negative light.

MoI 315 wrote:I don’t see that at all.

Fair enough, but I see it as a reasonable possibility that is certainly worth the pressure he has gotten.

MoI 315 wrote:On one hand you present EpicMafia as the scourage of Mafia existence and then turn around and use a phrase that germinated and became well know from there.

Well, I'd hardly use that kind of language. I was being tongue in cheek with crypto knowing that he favors that website. I've no major qualms against EM; I was more trying to get a point across specific to crypto's attitude. That being said, I'm prepared to go to the mat over the idea that defensiveness = scumminess because I've seen it be effective too much not to.

MoI 315 wrote:Also I disagree that asking EC to support his reasoning when it was highly suspect (as I pointed out myself) is ‘Why Me’ posting.

I don't care where the question originates, but if the ultimate rebuttal is some trumped up, faux-astoundment at the thought of being interrogated, then I'm going to jump on that every time.

---

spring 317 wrote:@Redcoyote, what is the point of your last post exactly?

I know I write too much, but I feel like, if I don't, I'll forget details later in the game.

In other words the "point" is just to catch the players up with my thoughts on the game seeing as how I cannot visit them website every few hours.

---

ML 323 wrote:Just to reiterate. I think there is an almost zero percent chance that Fourseen is actually going to flip scum.

Why would you feel the need to reiterate this? You're on record as coming to bat for FC (among others), and there's nothing that's going to change that.

---

spring 326 wrote:I don't like the way you are implying that I'm stupid because I'm finding fault in you whereas no one else has. That's a very scummy reply because it is 1)trying to discredit your attacker 2)a fallacy because you are basically saying "you can't find fault with me because no one has yet".
This is doubly scummy because you have played with me in an ongoing game, and you therefore know that I'm not a particularly bad scumhunter.

I like this point. I felt similarly, but I wasn't sure how to articulate it.

---

ML 343 wrote:Did this lead you anywhere?

He didn't mention him (aside from addressing a pointless question and making a note that crypto voted him). Does that concern you?

---

DGB 357 wrote:You're better than this word macaroni salad when you're town.

:mrgreen:

---

Junpei 365 wrote:Okay... so DrippingGoofball has no actual reads, and is instead just putting up a list to give the appearance of scumhunting, got it.

Let the master work her magic and be thankful you're here to witness it.

---

FC 376 wrote:@Game so If no one thinks I am scum, then why am I still the leading wagon...

@FC Try worrying less about your own fate and more about the fate of your faction...

---

ML 378 wrote:I think crypto replacing out in the way he did is actually a large town tell.

I tend to agree with this as well, although I traditionally wouldn't weigh in on how replacing out factors in.

---

nopoint 380 wrote:Oblivious???
4see: Help! Wagon on me
Ludi: Oblivious???

Agreed.

nopoint 380 wrote:I don't get why ppl discourage the leading pressure wagon but
not pushing for any other wagon (Magister Ludi, slysly )

Be fair. ML is actively pushing for warrior. MoI is gunning for SB. spring for Junpei.

I'm not sure who's SlySly's horse is, but I also don't think he's actively attacking the FC wagon.

---

wazza 381 wrote:... seriously actually place a case so that people will believe you i will say this once

to start a legitimate wagon place a convincing case that gets others to look at what they have done.

but no you have just said he is scum... sorry but i don't believe it.

I don't like this defense of nopoint out of the blue.

---

Ghostlin 391 wrote:To be fair, there are two interpretations of this post and both of them are correct depending on your viewing stragedy.

1) Oops. I made a mistake here. This player is protown and my reasoning was horribad to begin with.
2) Damn! People are riding me, must unvote.

I'm leaning towards #2 in the above situtation.

Well put. I definitely agree.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod
: Could you prod whisper, please? Something might need to be done about that slot.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 385, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
WE5874016 - Sinestro [Online.] – Why Town? Much lower activity than should be expected from hydra of hiplop and Andy. Horrible justification for Fourseen vote. Given the mechanics of this game hiplop’s ‘I’m bored because I’m VT’ regular excuse doesn’t hold water.

I didn't know this is a hydra, but I never played with either hiplop or Andy. I liked his one big post. Seems rather uninhibited, so town.

BT1357719 - Stringer Bell [Online.] – Why not Scum? Do you disagree with my reasoning?

His second post "I'm pretty reserved" (bracing us for being sketchy perhaps) tingled my spidey sense, and his first posts were awful, but then he declined hopping on some pretty easily justifiable wagons. So I have him leaning town, but not firmly.

DGB wrote:You're better than this word macaroni salad when you're town.

VOTE: nopointunactingup

Please elaborate on why the phrase ‘word maracroni salad’ appears in that sentence.

Words are tossed around randomly in a mayonnaise base, resulting in something
intentionally
bland and cloying.

DGB wrote:You won't have to campaign for my lynch tomorrow, your team will NK me.

If you are Town ( or scum in Multi-scum environment ) you know this isn’t true. It’s why you go to the trouble of playing as you do Day 1.

Wut?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

In post 375, Furcolow wrote:im not SK hunting yet
I'll worry about that when we rid ourselves of DGB and her scumbuddies (including you junpei)

Questions you did not address
instead you post this scummy mess.

this you need to fix
why do scum equal six?

got a vote waiting on the hip,
for this scum slip.

(poot)
(hic)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 392, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 350, DrippingGoofball wrote:
LEGITIMATE SIMULATIONS

HOSTILE SCRIPTS

IW8573414 - Junpei [Online.]
SN5795818 - Kdub [Online.]
JW2804010 - nopointinactingup [Online.]

I'd like elaboration on these three reads, please.

Junpei is looking for excuses to call people scummy - he's trying to cast the widest possible net.

Kdub - wishy-washy, lots of IIoA, the sentence structure is weaselly (I can't explain this), he's trying not to step on any toes.

nopoint is 100% inconsequential, stream-of-
un
consciousness white noise.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 205, Bunnylover wrote:I am still in favor of Crypto been lynched, but I think FourseenCircumstance is a much more obvious choice.

In post 273, Bunnylover wrote:@ML: Sorry, but I disagree with you.I agree with Junpei that your taking things out of proportion.
In post 401, Bunnylover wrote:

I'm a little more confidence that Fourseen will flip town.

There do not seem like a town's thought process. Each of these statements reek to me.

Unvote;
Vote: Bunnylover
wazzatron
wazzatron
Goon
wazzatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by wazzatron »

In post 403, RedCoyote wrote:
MoI 315 wrote:

wazza 381 wrote:... seriously actually place a case so that people will believe you i will say this once

to start a legitimate wagon place a convincing case that gets others to look at what they have done.

but no you have just said he is scum... sorry but i don't believe it.

I don't like this defense of nopoint out of the blue.

i'm not trying to defend anyone i'm pointing out the simple fact that no case means that i have absolutly no reason to believe the 'case' on him, which may i point out is non existent.

This is me trying to let everyone know that in order to make a case you need a case to be made to begin with.

Also to do with my 'in-activity' this will probably be my regular posting habits because i don't have time at any other point to put posts up.
Show
Win-Loss
Mafia 0-1
Town 0-0
3rd party 0-0

tevery best - A sol- v wazzatron slapfight. About the least legible thing that could ever come out of this thread, and it had to hapen at LyLo. FML
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 408, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 205, Bunnylover wrote:I am still in favor of Crypto been lynched, but I think FourseenCircumstance is a much more obvious choice.

In post 273, Bunnylover wrote:@ML: Sorry, but I disagree with you.I agree with Junpei that your taking things out of proportion.

There do not seem like a town's thought process. Each of these statements reek to me.

Unvote;
Vote: Bunnylover

To further elaborate:

This sounds like Bunny is attempting to leave her options open in case momentum shifts back on to Crypto, which at the time of the post both 4seen and crypto are getting a lot of heat. There is too much justification for the vote switch, and comes off scummily.

Appealing to another player's read to justify disagreement. Bunny is attempting to back up possible support against ML and possibly playing town against town. If Bunny is scum, Junpei and ML are both town.

Fourseen is getting a lot of backing as a bad lynch, and so Bunny attempts to jump ship here and go with her previously set up attack on ML, which at the moment seems like a park vote due to it being the only vote on ML and almost no case provided by Bunny for the vote other than, "He's WKing 4seen too much."
warriormode
warriormode
Goon
warriormode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by warriormode »

Prod noted. Still following this game. Will be posting tomorrow morning.
Sinestro
Sinestro
Townie
Sinestro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by Sinestro »

Andy here. I've got alot of catchup to do thanks to being sick all weekend (thank you Panda).

<3,

-A
Beware your fears made into light!
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by diddin »

Junpei's scum for exactly what other people have already said: he's throwing around scumreads like crazy.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

In post 402, Magister Ludi wrote:You think fourseen is town and then vote me over the fact I've been calling him town? Hell, you probably got the idea he was town from me. And can you explain what you mean by saying;

a claimed "bad player"

What do you mean by this?

What are your thoughts on nopointactingup and warrior?

I don't like the defense that your given Fourseen. I see Fourseen as obvious lynch material, and yet you who I would say is a good mafia player would defend him. I don't see why you would do that, other then for credibility if Fourseen flips town.

A bad player been a VI, somewhat like myself, DK, shotty.

Don't see nothing pointing that nopoint is scum. He believes Fourseen is scum, so its obvious that he would try to keep the wagon on him.
I don't like that Warrior is lurking, but I don't have scum read on him.

@Toog:
A)"Too much justification for the vote switch"
I didn't give any justification. At that moment, I saw Fourseen scummier then Crypto.
B)"Trying to play Town against Town"
I agree with what Junpei said. Im not trying to pit anyone against anyone.
c)"Bad talk about Fourseen wagon"
Their are about 14 people needed to achieve a lynch. With 11 people on the wagon, why would (as scum) distance myself against it as their would be less then 10% chance that people would focus on me if Fourseen flipped town? Wouldn't it be better for me to achieve a Town Fourseen lynch as scum?
I think your reaching a little bit, and your the one over justifying your vote on me.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

diddin, what makes you say that?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by implosion »

RedCoyote: what would you say differentiates your play in this game so far from your play in the first cyclic experimentation (where you were scum)?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 411, warriormode wrote:Prod noted. Still following this game. Will be posting tomorrow morning.

Why the hell aren't you posting if you are following this game? Are you afraid anything you say will get you lynched?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 378, Magister Ludi wrote:
(I believe in last game scum had daytalk? If so, you would expect one of his buddies to at least tell him something good to say)

ML tells FC to check their scum daytalk for a pointer.

------------

In post 391, Ghostlin wrote:
Crypto was the kind of person that got my hackles to rise and made me want to vote him just because he made me annoyed and mad.

This is a common epic fail mindset on this site.

-------------

In post 414, Bunnylover wrote:
Their are about 14 people needed to achieve a lynch. With 11 people on the wagon, why would (as scum) distance myself against it as their would be less then 10% chance that people would focus on me if Fourseen flipped town?

What's up with the fuzzy math. It takes 13 to lynch. According to the vote post, your unvote left 8 on the wagon.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 387, Kdub wrote:Guys, Furc is probably town. Read his first few posts again and then tell me if you think anybody fakes that mistake
if they had the opportunity to coordinate with scumbuddies before posting.
Third-party is not ruled out, but I can't see him being mafia.

...scum slip?

I would like to address all the suspicion against me as it is all interrelated. I have only played one large theme before (TV mafia, the game Peregrine linked), and I was fully engaged as I had nothing else really going on. I haven't been as keyed in. As a result, I have been picking up a lot of scum reads. I haven't been getting town reads so much, and I haven't been organized.

The Fourseen/Crypto affairs are separate from my norm. They are very radical style players of whom I'm used to enough to know when to put my foot down. In the end of things, I wasn't sure of my read on crypto, he was hard to read, but my position on it now is he is town from his ISO (albeit I haven't reread it), NOT from his exit. Fourseen is just ridiculous and it upsets me to see he's in this game because he's going to be overtly scummy and useless, I assure you.

Coyote: I will not sit and watch DBG do whatever she pleases. I don't care if she holds herself above me, I view her as an equal until proven otherwise, and I am positive that I won't budge on that. So, get off your high horse DBG. It's nice to see that you have explanation for your reads, now, what is your direct opinion on Fourseen? I want an explanation, I don't care who you are, you can't go "I'm held to a lower standard of explanations than the rest of the players" and expect me to just go "oh, okay".
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x12 ::

FourseenCircumstance (8) -
Junpei, Stringer Bell, implosion, nopointinactingup, Kdub, wazzatron, EtherealCookie, Sinestro

Junpei (4) -
SlySly, springlullaby, diddin, Ghostlin

Stringer Bell (3) -
RedCoyote, MagnaofIllusion, PeregrineV

warriormode (2)
Drunken Piper, projectmatt

nopointinactingup (2) -
DrippingGoofball, Magister Ludi

Toogeloo (1) -
warriormode

diddin (1) -
FourseenCircumstance

DrippingGoofball (1) -
Furcolow

Magister Ludi (1) -
Bunnylover

Bunnylover (1) -
Toogeloo

Not Voting (1) -
whispersilk

With 25 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is in (expired on 2011-11-08 23:07:02).

In post 404, RedCoyote wrote:
Mod
: Could you prod whisper, please? Something might need to be done about that slot.

As of now, whispersilk has 16 hours before she is eligible for another prod.

People to receive prods: springlullaby.
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

slysly wrote:ML tells FC to check their scum daytalk for a pointer.

I don't quite know what to make of this statement. For this entire day, you've been sitting on the wagon that I was leading on warriormode. Basically, you agree with me that warrior is scum, and forseen is not. And now you all of a sudden you call me out for defending forseen? And you try to fabricate something that is so banally stupid (first, assuming scum have daytalk, second scum A [me] posted in the scum quicktopic, and then felt it necessary to post in thread to point this out to my hypothetical scumbuddy)to call me scum? You make three separate illogical leaps to advance your point. This is circular scummy logic.

You've basically followed my reads all day here and then tried to take a swipe at the hand that feeds you.

And the rest of the post was equally as bad. Informing the game that it take 13 instead of 14 to lynch. Takes for the valuable input champ.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Correction, slysly is not projectmatt. Shit. hmmmm
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 421, Magister Ludi wrote:
slysly wrote:ML tells FC to check their scum daytalk for a pointer.

I don't quite know what to make of this statement.
For this entire day, you've been sitting on the wagon that I was leading on warriormode. Basically, you agree with me that warrior is scum, and forseen is not.
And now you all of a sudden you call me out for defending forseen? And you try to fabricate something that is so banally stupid (first, assuming scum have daytalk, second scum A [me] posted in the scum quicktopic, and then felt it necessary to post in thread to point this out to my hypothetical scumbuddy)to call me scum? You make three separate illogical leaps to advance your point. This is circular scummy logic.

You've basically followed my reads all day here and then tried to take a swipe at the hand that feeds you.

And the rest of the post was equally as bad. Informing the game that it take 13 instead of 14 to lynch. Takes for the valuable input champ.

You obviously have me confused with someone else. Back up these bolded claims by quoting me. I'll wait.

----------

Magister Ludi wrote:Correction, slysly is not projectmatt. Shit. hmmmm

I see you realized your error, disregard previous request.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Let me iso him anyways.

I never inferred MoI was in your scum QT. Is that a nice try at dragging him into it or is that an attempt to clear him by association through name inclusion while suggesting absurdity?

VOTE: Junpei

ML tells FC to check their scum daytalk for a pointer.

So this makes two time you've accused people of 'daytalking' in their scum quicktopic. I've found scum are more likely than town to accuse others of having inside information, when they, in fact, have the inside information. (Iecerint in dynasty warriors mafia on multiple scum teams, and several others) You've also accused the following four players of being scum together, me, Magna, Junpei, and forseencircumstances, which seems utterly ridiculous.

A lot of his posts already are empty filler. The following is a list of his entire posting history, with posts I consider to be active lurking.
1. accuses someone of a slip, and then says pro-town plans are pro-town
2. wildmassguessing on scum daytalking QT
3. you slipped!
4. inquires if someone got their links wrong, and then accuses someone of fishing (both baseless again)
7. "i'm not a vi!!!!"
8. nonsense
9. fluff "i voted for X!"
10. fluff
11. fluff "i'll catch up soon!"

I tried to be really really generous here too. Out of all his posts, only 4 actually try and figure out someone's alignment, or ask questions, or do anything other than be absolutely useless. This is a pretty common scum tactic.

And, he has been riding his vote on Junpei all day, but has kept the same justification of "he slipped in that he said he had scum daytalk", and has not really tried to rustle the waters of this game at all. He isn't really interested in lynching junpei either, considering he hasn't mentioned him seriously for about eight posts. In fact, his vote looks like a typical plunk it down and let it ride.

That was actually pretty informative. I can't really form a cohesive town mindset from his posts at all. However, his isolation exhibits the trademarks of scum. Lazy vote. Contenless posts, accusations of slips, nonsense, outrageous accusations. Not backing anything up.

I believe slysly is scum

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”