XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:25 am

Post by XGreyjoyX »

Fritzler wrote:I can't vote today, but i would probably have it on coron if i could.
Two voting roles?

Also Coron still seems like scum to me, his role claim does not remove my feeling he is scum, nor does his behavior since then.

ALso ibaesha defence of him seems a bit extreme, when people questioned Coron claim, and then said he should follow exactly what he said or they were not removing their votes (ie, he claimed and said he would use it that night as "Proof" (Though I don't exactly see what it proves)), ibaesha said he was willing to lycnh thoses who found Coron suddenly unwillingness to use it that night a bit scummy

As such I must
Vote: Coron, FoS: ibaesha
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:44 am

Post by ibaesha »

XGreyjoyX wrote:ALso ibaesha defence of him seems a bit extreme ...
Please show me the extreme defense. I don't think Coron is scum. I've played a lot of mafia with him.
XGreyjoyX wrote:ibaesha said he was willing to lycnh thoses who found Coron suddenly unwillingness to use it that night a bit scummy
I already had my vote on moocow and had mentioned I was suspicious of you. I was re-iterating that after seeing both your reactions to Coron's claim.

Interesting way you twisted that about though.

As far as the rest. I didn't take into account one-shot pro-town actions, obviously. I just really disliked the idea of Coron using his power to prove himself, rather than possibly using it at a time that might be more beneficial to the town.

There's not two voting roles. Hez steals votes. It should be pretty obvious by now. I couldn't vote yesterday. Fritz can't vote today.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:05 am

Post by Coron »

mathcam wrote:If you think he's bluffing, I think the best play is to lynch him today. I'm suspicious of him for other reasons, and now he's come up with a role-claim which is just as likely to come from scum as it is from a townie.
it's only real possible use for scum is a safe claim. This is total and utter BS, I mean I've see this role only a couple times in chat games even but every time I saw it it's been under a townie's control, so I call BS on this.
mathcam wrote:Whether or not he can prove this ability is rather irrelevant to me. While this is certainly an exaggeration, it's as if he claimed "Check this out, I'm a vig with the ability to make my kills look like they came from the mafia" and we're all "Ooooo, he's right...there
was
a mafia-looking kill last night." :)
yeah still BS.
mathcam wrote:On top of this, if Coron is a townie, then we're losing a relatively unhelpful role by lynching him...
How big of a loss is a no lynch to town? That in addition to my townie voting power is essentially the cost of lynching me
mathcam wrote:if we continue to investigate around and find someone else to lynch today, we're likely to out a power role we don't want outed.
this is the risk you run lynching people, again I'd rather out a power role than lynch a reasonably powerful protown role. thanks.
mathcam wrote:In short, I'm happy with my vote on Coron.

Cam
In short, I'm not happy with your vote on Coron.

Coron
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:08 am

Post by Coron »

Oh and in chat games it was called a night skipper/time controller or something like that not mass blocker, I suppose there is a difference, but a fairly minor one.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Coron »

Oh and a note: you also lose the lynch you lynched me with, so it's like no lynching *TWICE* and losing my voting power. My bad.
XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:20 am

Post by XGreyjoyX »

@ibaesha - The extreme defence, I may have misunderstood you but,when me and FlyingMooCow said he seemed scummy you said you were happy to lych us. Tha to me sounds a bit extreme
XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:30 am

Post by XGreyjoyX »

Coron:
1)Once agian you attack the messenger, not the message (You call what he says BS, you do not give any counter argument or so on)
2)Just because a role i normally belongs to one side or another does not mean its only used for that side (ie doctor)
2-b)When you claimed you said you were a One shot Mass role blocker, you said as proof you would use it that night.You then tried to get out of that "deadl" (though to be fair ibaesha did first suggest that)

3)When you claimed you said you were a Onshot Mass Role Blocker, Now you say you are also a vote stealer as well? A couple of points are raised here.
A)Why was this not in the original claim
B)If you are actually the vote stealer, how come you arn't voting where the extra vote appers?

4) Why did you ask how big a loss would No Lynch be to the town? From what I can see No one has put forward the idea of a no lynch

All of the above makes me VERY happy with my vote on Coron.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:47 am

Post by Coron »

XGreyjoyX wrote:Coron:
1)Once agian you attack the messenger, not the message (You call what he says BS, you do not give any counter argument or so on)
did you read what I said?
XGreyjoyX wrote:2)Just because a role i normally belongs to one side or another does not mean its only used for that side (ie doctor)
did you read what he said?
XGreyjoyX wrote:2-b)When you claimed you said you were a One shot Mass role blocker, you said as proof you would use it that night.You then tried to get out of that "deadl" (though to be fair ibaesha did first suggest that)
and iirc several other people then backed her up, or at least now are backing her up (and if my memory serves before the point I brought it up had already).
XGreyjoyX wrote:3)When you claimed you said you were a Onshot Mass Role Blocker, Now you say you are also a vote stealer as well? A couple of points are raised here.
now I'm wondering if you're even reading the game
XGreyjoyX wrote:4) Why did you ask how big a loss would No Lynch be to the town? From what I can see No one has put forward the idea of a no lynch
again did you read what I said, everything mention in this post I have already covered. Although the extra no lynch is caused by the fact that I can speed through I night like esentially giving us another day, which you would be in effect "no lynching" through by lynching me.
XGreyjoyX wrote:All of the above makes me VERY happy with my vote on Coron.
all the above make me wonder if you're reading this game.
XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:59 am

Post by XGreyjoyX »

I think your scum. Hence my post, your brillant counter argument is just repeating Did you read if over and over agian.

Heres mine, Yes I did read what You said and what he said, and yes I even read the enitre game (three time in total now in fact)

Now if I missed anything please do correct me, until then I stand by my vote for you.
three word name
three word name
Goon
three word name
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by three word name »

@Lloyd: I knew that we already killed a one shot mafia. that is why I think that there are more 1shot protown abilitys (oneshot matyr :lol:) than anti town abilitys
@XGreyjoyX: hez has the vote stealing not coron

what if we lynch someone other than coron today have him roleblock and then lynch someone. I think that it is pointless to lynch coron before we let him use his ability because it basically gives us another lynch.
almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea
XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by XGreyjoyX »

Coron wrote:
mathcam wrote:On top of this, if Coron is a townie, then we're losing a relatively unhelpful role by lynching him...
How big of a loss is a no lynch to town? That in addition to my
townie voting power
is essentially the cost of lynching me
If Hez has it why did Coron just claim he did?
XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:36 pm

Post by XGreyjoyX »

Ahhh I understand his natural one a day standerd voting power.
I stand corrected, I withdraw that from my list of points agianst him
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by Coron »

Allow to to quote the two times I said BS in defending myself
Coron wrote:
mathcam wrote:If you think he's bluffing, I think the best play is to lynch him today. I'm suspicious of him for other reasons, and now he's come up with a role-claim which is just as likely to come from scum as it is from a townie.
it's only real possible use for scum is a safe claim. This is total and utter BS, I mean I've see this role only a couple times in chat games even but every time I saw it it's been under a townie's control, so I call BS on this.
if you read this it doesn't *just* say bs it also gives reasons why it's bs
Coron wrote:
mathcam wrote:Whether or not he can prove this ability is rather irrelevant to me. While this is certainly an exaggeration, it's as if he claimed "Check this out, I'm a vig with the ability to make my kills look like they came from the mafia" and we're all "Ooooo, he's right...there
was
a mafia-looking kill last night." :)
yeah still BS.
basically this second part was a continuation of the first so I didn't feel a need to adress any of the points again

also if you can read up a tiny bit, he says and I quote "he's come up with a role-claim which is just as likely to come from scum as it is from a townie" I'd have to be hell of dumb to do it as scum or town without the ability and as scum with that ability... well as I said it don't make sense for an ability to help them and in my experience it's a protown ability as I stated. I didn't say if I had the ability I couldn't be scum. I'm just saying it's much much much less likely.

Point 3 has been adressed by you

Point 4 I have clarified.

You good now?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:33 pm

Post by mathcam »

Your only "reason" why it's "B.S." is based on a statement that only you can verify! Give me games in print on the site that I can go check, and that's one thing -- bu you expect us to take your word for arguments that you're using to defend yourself?

Explain to me why it would be "hell of dumb" to claim your role as scum. You establish yourself as someone who's playing to help the town, and it doesn't actually help the town very much at all! It's a no-lose situation for mafia to claim and use this role if they indeed have it.

Cam
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:21 am

Post by Coron »

mathcam wrote: Explain to me why it would be "hell of dumb" to claim your role as scum.
once again you mislabel my position, if you read what I say, I say that I would have to be hell of dumb to claim this ability
if I don't have it
independant of whether or not I am town.
mathcam wrote:You establish yourself as someone who's playing to help the town, and it doesn't actually help the town very much at all! It's a no-lose situation for mafia to claim and use this role if they indeed have it.
You ignore my main point of content here, sure it helps mafia confirm a role for themselves, but I'd like you to point out at least 5 spots on this site where scum had a role that, other than partially confirming them was bad for them. Thanks.

Also I disagree that it doesn't help the town, it helps the town about as much as no lynch hurts it, which in my opinion is a pretty frickin large chunk.

For my final point of content, IT IS NOT NO LOSE SITUATION FOR THE MAFIA. They lose any nightkills that might happen which is a big loss.

So yeah, next time bring a more informed decision.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:24 am

Post by Coron »

mathcam wrote:Your only "reason" why it's "B.S." is based on a statement that only you can verify! Give me games in print on the site that I can go check, and that's one thing -- bu you expect us to take your word for arguments that you're using to defend yourself?
1) it's not my only reason, not even the reason I stated first.
2) I'm pretty sure there were other people in these games so "only I" can verify is wrong, but that's just being picky I admit.
WellofLostGnomes
WellofLostGnomes
Townie
WellofLostGnomes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Post by WellofLostGnomes »

I think Coron is failing to understand why his role is good for the mafia. Let me illustrate.

On a normal night, the mafia will have a kill and maybe an inspection/protection/recruitment (All of these are generally 1 shots)

On a normal night, the town will have an investigation, a protection, and maybe a roleblock, cult recrut, watcher ability, every other ability.

Therefore, because the mafia can talk to each other, the mass rollblock would be a good ability on a scum, actually a much better ability than on a townie. It deny's the town as much information as a no-lynch. <-- good for the mafia
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/TruthsToldAsLies/WellOfLostGnomes.jpg[/img][quote=D_M]BTW- I'm vulnerable tonight as apparently WOLG's saggy boobs disgusted me.[/quote]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by Coron »

I think you're on crack.

Well not litterally on crack, but still.

Aparently you don't realize what my role does.

IT IS MASS ROLE BLOCKER IT BLOCKS SCUM AS WELL AS TOWN

IF I BLOCK EVERYONE THAT MEANS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN JUST NO LYNCH THE NEXT DAY IF YOU WANT, I DON'T SEE HOW THIS IS ANY WAY HELPS SCUM, IT GIVES THE TOWN MORE OPTIONS.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I've outlined how you're full of shit. Let's get on with the no voting for me. k?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:45 pm

Post by mathcam »

Coron wrote:
mathcam wrote: Explain to me why it would be "hell of dumb" to claim your role as scum.
once again you mislabel my position, if you read what I say, I say that I would have to be hell of dumb to claim this ability
if I don't have it
independant of whether or not I am town.
Actually, if
you
read what you say, further down that very same sentence you state that it would be hell of dumb do do it as scum
with
that ability.

Cam
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:15 pm

Post by Coron »

No, Cam, I explain why it doesn't make sense for scum to have that ability, very different.

If I did say that please quote it for me and bold the important parts, so I can correct that which you are misunderstanding or that which I mistyped.

Though I suppose it is still possible I'd be scum with this ability, and I suppose at some point someone *might* want to check into that, but until someone at leasts claims fairly solid role related info on me it would be safe to assume I'm a worse lynch than your average townie.
three word name
three word name
Goon
three word name
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:42 am

WoLG: you are forgetting 1shot roles for the town. there are probably more 1shot pro town roles then 1 shot mafia roles.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:13 am

Post by HezLucky »

Vote: mathcam

I mentioned my reasons earlier today.

Coron should not be voted for for the time being.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:26 am

Post by Coron »

three word name wrote:WoLG: you are forgetting 1shot roles for the town. there are probably more 1shot pro town roles then 1 shot mafia roles.
So far we have 1 dead scum 1 shot and one claimed protown 1 shot. This assumption is unbased.
three word name
three word name
Goon
three word name
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:56 am

Coron wrote:
three word name wrote:WoLG: you are forgetting 1shot roles for the town. there are probably more 1shot pro town roles then 1 shot mafia roles.
So far we have 1 dead scum 1 shot and one claimed protown 1 shot. This assumption is unbased.
you + cam = 2 claimed protown 1-shots
XGreyjoyX
XGreyjoyX
Townie
XGreyjoyX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by XGreyjoyX »

[Nitpicking] Cam did'nt claim as a one shot[/Nitpicking]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”