projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 am

Post by projectmatt »

(hit "submit" by accident in my last message, let me keep going.) ...and therefore the scumtell of jumping suspicions quickly is actually rather null. In fact, Stringer. I'd say that I think Fourseen may be town since he's started to put an effort in. Why don't you go find his other scumtells other then a post that doesn't say much at all?
Stringer Bell
Stringer Bell
Goon
Stringer Bell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Stringer Bell »

I'm fairly new to this site, this is only my second game. I have operated up to this point under the assumption that everyone knows that they're doing and is a good player, so scummy posts are scummy, rather than dumb-town. Is this the wrong assumption to make?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Toogeloo »

There are plenty of players who will act anti-town for anti-town's sake, but we do have plenty of Village Idiots, or temporary dunces, on this site.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Furcolow »

I had seen someone reference scum being at six previously to me doing so
DGB is definitely scum, and I have deduced who are scum based on my list
I refuse to read until DGB is lynched
Stringer Bell
Stringer Bell
Goon
Stringer Bell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Stringer Bell »

In post 553, Furcolow wrote:I had seen someone reference scum being at six previously to me doing so

Thank you for reinforcing my vote on you.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Junpei »

No one ever referenced six scum before, I would have noticed, someone would have noticed other than you. If you insist on the third line, then you will be lynched swiftly

MoI, I'm not backing away from my wagon yet, there's no reason to, the only reason this wagon has lost steam is because Fourseen has faded into the background. He has yet to make a good post, he is scum.

Stringer, if Epicmafia has an IQ of 100, this site has an IQ of 120. Hopefully that clears that up.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:03 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Bunny 414 wrote:I don't like the defense that your given Fourseen. I see Fourseen as obvious lynch material, and yet you who I would say is a good mafia player would defend him. I don't see why you would do that, other then for credibility if Fourseen flips town.

I don't really get this sentence.

---

implosion 416 wrote:RedCoyote: what would you say differentiates your play in this game so far from your play in the first cyclic experimentation (where you were scum)?

I'm glad you asked! You can tell I am town this game because I can guarantee you I will be more receptive to your/MoI's plans in this game. I have no need to cause chaos in that regard. If you remember in the previous game, I was beside myself trying to shoot that plan down, especially in regard to how it confirmed diddin. May I give you an example?

RC 1193 wrote:You've done good to sell everyone on the idea that theman's alignment will confirm you, but the town doesn't have the luxury to sit back and speculate on Day 3 ability swapping theories. We need to lynch scum. Period. I think there's a strong possibility that both you and theman are scum, regardless of ability swapping. I'm not about to start confirming people because we don't have any scumflips yet.

If you look there, that was kind of a serious part of my strategy during that game. I did not want you or MoI to dictate a bunch of confirmations through ability swapping. That is evidence of that.

In this game, I will do no such thing. I have no reason to. Ability swapping will help us net scum. Period. Paying close attention to it is a requirement as far as I'm concerned. If you see me ever working against this idea, by all means I want you (or anyone) to call me on it. I can say this with full confidence knowing that I will not work against it.

---

MoI 434 wrote:So you’ve fired off a clearly incorrect attack. And one that was based completely on undermining the observer as opposed to refuting the observation. And when you realize this your response is ‘Hmmmmmm’ and then to do a sloppy ISO attack?

Yeah, I didn't get this either. He realized it wasn't the correct person, and then he tried to twist the attack around to make it fit SlySly. Really awkward.

MoI 434 wrote:Buddying up to DGB noted.

You better believe it. Just between you and me, I want to get on her good side.

MoI 434 wrote:Asking someone to clarify why they are pushing someone as scum isn’t a defense. It’s asking for clarification. A defense would have been along the lines of “Nopoint is Town you have no case and are scummy for pushing on Nopoint without one”.

You have to read between the lines. No one is going to be so blunt as to say, "Nopoint is town!!! WTF are you doing!"

That said, wazza's response was acceptable enough for me to back off for the time being.

---

SB 435 wrote:This post screams scum at me too, because DrippingGoofball, who replaced into crypto's spot, had already made TEN posts, including a complete town/scum list on every player in the game. It seems to me that he's just ignoring what DGB had done up to that point.

Do you think someone who skims is more likely to be scum than town then?

---

matt 442 wrote:WAIT, WAIT. Diddin in the first few pages of the entire game you had three "scum" and were "throwing out fos's like crazy" as well, but even if you weren't, why the hell is throwing out suspicion something
bad?
Explain to me your train of thought, Diddin. Don't quote what other people said, explain to me in your own words.

This is a good point.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Good lynches in no particular order: Drunken Piper, Stringer Bell, Junpei, Toogeloo, ForseenCircumstance, wazzatron, diddin

Unvote
;
vote: diddin

Completely ducking most questions asked of him, seems much more reluctant to participate this game than he did last game, and I think matt caught him dead to rights on his hypocritical voting.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 553, Furcolow wrote:I had seen someone reference scum being at six previously to me doing so

This is the most anti-town thing I've read all game. "My favorite
mis
lynch isn't being lynched so I don't wanna play anymore." Also with your SK hunting and "I have meta on your slot" comments with no justification or links, plus your push to Junpei on #511 and then this post....(I decided to take a look at the ISO)

You're scum. You're just scum. You live in a pond with the other scum, and all of you and your scum buddies float to the top and are scum. Or I'm lynching a VI, and in a 25 player game Day 1 with no other information, I'm not upset about this.

This guy>most of my other scum reads.

Unvote.

Vote: Furc
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Although the play reads lurker scum that needs another excuse to lurk.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Junpei »

In post 558, Ghostlin wrote:
You're scum. You're just scum. You live in a pond with the other scum, and all of you and your scum buddies float to the top and are scum.
Or I'm lynching a VI, and in a 25 player game Day 1 with no other information, I'm not upset about this.

Vote fourseen then? Furc is a great lynch, but why not Fourseen?

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 560, Junpei wrote:
You're scum. You're just scum. You live in a pond with the other scum, and all of you and your scum buddies float to the top and are scum.
Or I'm lynching a VI, and in a 25 player game Day 1 with no other information, I'm not upset about this.

Vote fourseen then? Furc is a great lynch, but why not Fourseen?

Because for this particular Day 1, I like kicking as many wasps nest as possible; it's another player that's not getting the exposure he should. Plus, Fourseen's acutally still playing this game. Should push come to shove, I'll get on a more poplous wagon.
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

In post 551, Stringer Bell wrote:I have operated up to this point under the assumption that everyone knows that they're doing and is a good player, so scummy posts are scummy, rather than dumb-town. Is this the wrong assumption to make?

(spit take)

I do not see it at all.
please quote what you saw.
(hic)
The Eruci
The Eruci
Goon
The Eruci
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by The Eruci »

:: VoteCount 1x16 ::

Stringer Bell (5) -
MagnaofIllusion, PeregrineV, Drunken Piper, EtherealCookie, FourseenCircumstance

Junpei (4) -
SlySly, springlullaby, diddin, Furcolow

nopointinactingup (4) -
DrippingGoofball, Magister Ludi, Toogeloo, implosion

FourseenCircumstance (3) -
Junpei, wazzatron, Sinestro

Magister Ludi (2) -
Bunnylover, nopointinactingup

diddin (2) -
Kdub, RedCoyote

Furcolow (2) -
Stringer Bell, Ghostlin

warriormode (1)
projectmatt

Toogeloo (1) -
warriormode

Not Voting (1) -
whispersilk

With 25 Alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is in (expired on 2011-11-08 23:07:02).
Cyclic Experimentation Set x02.

Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them. They [the strong] suffer for the sake of keeping them even with their inferiors.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by implosion »

Ghostlin, voting furcolow for being anti-town is like voting your house for refusing to get up and walk.

But you're town.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by implosion »

Also, I'm not taking a strong stance on the stringer bell wagon.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 565, implosion wrote:Also, I'm not taking a strong stance on the stringer bell wagon.

It's refreshing that you are so up-front about your fence-sitting.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 566, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 565, implosion wrote:Also, I'm not taking a strong stance on the stringer bell wagon.

It's refreshing that you are so up-front about your fence-sitting.

No problem.
wazzatron
wazzatron
Goon
wazzatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by wazzatron »

In post 557, RedCoyote wrote:Good lynches in no particular order: Drunken Piper, Stringer Bell, Junpei, Toogeloo, ForseenCircumstance, wazzatron, diddin

Unvote
;
vote: diddin

Completely ducking most questions asked of him, seems much more reluctant to participate this game than he did last game, and I think matt caught him dead to rights on his hypocritical voting.

Why these people: Drunken Piper, Wazzatron

I'd like to understand the Drunken Piper thing i don't see it as scum so much as entertaining, and I have no clue why your voting me after this post

In post 556, RedCoyote wrote:
MoI 434 wrote:Asking someone to clarify why they are pushing someone as scum isn’t a defense. It’s asking for clarification. A defense would have been along the lines of “Nopoint is Town you have no case and are scummy for pushing on Nopoint without one”.

You have to read between the lines. No one is going to be so blunt as to say, "Nopoint is town!!! WTF are you doing!"

That said, wazza's response was acceptable enough for me to back off for the time being.

... these two posts do not add up at all

UNVOTE:FORESEEN
VOTE: RED COYOTE

This is a bit OMGUS but after him saying "oh yeah it's ok he did good he's not scum" he then goes "Yo guy's hes a good lynch"
these don't add up and seem like scum missing his change in reads
Show
Win-Loss
Mafia 0-1
Town 0-0
3rd party 0-0

tevery best - A sol- v wazzatron slapfight. About the least legible thing that could ever come out of this thread, and it had to hapen at LyLo. FML
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Junpei »

Implosions' early posts made me think he was a great analytical and thorough player, but I suppose that is not the case as his recent posting is full of proclamations and waffling. Care to show up to the game Implosion, or is this how you always play?

I thought this was an amazing playerlist... but many things aren't turning out the way I thought they would.

Wazza could you elaborate more on the contradiction from RedCoyote? I'm not following it.

diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by diddin »

replace out

Really wanted to play this, but I just don't have the time and effort to spare for three mafia games right now. Sorry everyone.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
wazzatron
wazzatron
Goon
wazzatron
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by wazzatron »

In post 569, Junpei wrote:Implosions' early posts made me think he was a great analytical and thorough player, but I suppose that is not the case as his recent posting is full of proclamations and waffling. Care to show up to the game Implosion, or is this how you always play?

I thought this was an amazing playerlist... but many things aren't turning out the way I thought they would.

Wazza could you elaborate more on the contradiction from RedCoyote? I'm not following it.

one post after he state's that he was happy with my response (meaning i no longer would seem scum logically) he has decided that i am still a worthwhile lynch and this does not seem plausible also unless he finds my post 462 scummy there is no posts in between my voting him and me replying with a satisfying answer so there isn't any real reason to see me as a "good lynch".
Show
Win-Loss
Mafia 0-1
Town 0-0
3rd party 0-0

tevery best - A sol- v wazzatron slapfight. About the least legible thing that could ever come out of this thread, and it had to hapen at LyLo. FML
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Kdub »

In post 544, MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. Your vote is currently very unproductive.
2. How do you know ‘very few people’ have Town reads on him? Most people are keeping their Town reads fairly close to the vest.
3. Telling people to essential ‘Look at didin’ for yourself without presenting an sort of summarized case isn’t going to move anyone and just looks like you’ve parked your vote and aren’t doing much to actually get this lynch you ‘want’.

Very few people have
said
they have town reads on diddin, whereas several have
said
they have some level of suspicion of him. The general sentiment indicates that he may be a viable wagon. I'm trying to find out. And I did list my reasons for suspecting him in my earlier post.

FC:
Fair enough, but your pbp of SB that led you to vote him was underwhelming, to say the least. Are you still suspicious of diddin? You also haven't acknowledged the reason why people initially voted for you: your backtracking on crypto. Did you or did you not vote crypto because you thought his lynch would provide good information? If so, why did you later unvote him?

This is the most anti-town thing I've read all game. "My favorite
mis
lynch isn't being lynched so I don't wanna play anymore." Also with your SK hunting and "I have meta on your slot" comments with no justification or links, plus your push to Junpei on #511 and then this post....(I decided to take a look at the ISO)

You're scum. You're just scum. You live in a pond with the other scum, and all of you and your scum buddies float to the top and are scum. Or I'm lynching a VI, and in a 25 player game Day 1 with no other information, I'm not upset about this.

You're lynching a VI.

In post 570, diddin wrote:
replace out

Really wanted to play this, but I just don't have the time and effort to spare for three mafia games right now. Sorry everyone.

Well, now there really is no chance of this slot getting lynched today.
UNVOTE:

Considering voting FC again, but SB looks like a reasonable lynch as well. Going to reread him a bit.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Furcolow »

does the village idiot make himself obvious as village or scum
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Junpei »

The village idiot is the one who fears to talk for fear of shame. The village idiot is the one who is in the corner of the cave crying while the real men fight the monster. The village idiot, must die, for the monster feasts off of fear, and that is all the village idiot is: fear.

That is all you need to know, Furcolow, as you have submitted yourself into the ranks of a village idiot.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”