Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:13 am

Post by MacDougall »

AGar wrote:
In post 1266, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1265, AGar wrote:
In post 1243, MacDougall wrote:I'm sorry Agar, are you suggesting that my wanting an Andrius or Magua lynch is dumb shit?

I'm suggesting that going "LOLZ LETS LYNCH THEM INSTEAD" and being generally facetious about the game is dumb shit.

In post 1247, Andrius wrote:Hey AGar what do you think of EC_NonBlueScum?

I see EC-Scum. I haven't tried to pin him down to a particular faction, I'd just rather kill
all of the scums

@TOWN
Ok, let's sit down for a second. We need to fucking focus. This "OMG HE DID X LITTLE MINISCULE THING, VOTE!" shit needs to fucking stop. Now. Think about this. It's Day fucking 5. Not 1. Not 2. 5. We need to be pushing CONCRETE cases against people that can be listed off in a convincing manner. If you want someone lynched, you'd better be fucking pushing a solid case with an actual effort to get that bastard lynched. No more "LOLZ VOTES FOR PRESSURE!!!" Quit the ADD, cut the shit and start playing like you actually plan on fucking winning and not just jumping at every little twitch. Note these things, put them down and point them out, but for the love of god do not just go fucking ADD with your vote. MacDougall should be DEAD by all rights at this point. He's been at L-1 multiple times. He should have been at L-0 and lynched to death. Get your shit together please.

You do realize that this is your primary case on MacDougall? He voted No Lynch at some point day 1, thereby proving himself to be "newbscum instead of just new."

You do realize that that is not my only case against MacDougall?

- General non-committal attitude on Day 1, enforced by the no-lynch vote, but also proven through apprehensiveness about making concrete statements and decisions.
- Overall lack of proactive and forward thinking play throughout the entire game, content to sit and ride on the coattails of others
- Early choosing of weak or easy targets as his "lynch preferences" rather than actively scumhunting.
- Lack of confidence in his own play or reads, leading me to believe that they are simply made up. See his post where he decides that because my read on him is wrong, that my read on other players must be wrong too (even a player he was voting for - implying that he believed that player was scum) and switching his vote from a player we mutually read to be scum to a player I felt to be town because all of my reads must be the opposite -
even though he had casted a vote for a player he had read to be scum, my opinion so greatly influenced his reads to cause him to lose confidence in that read.

1. I'm a noob.

2. I'm a noob.

3. And you have had me as your primary lynch candidate ever day since day 2. I'd say I'm pretty weak so I guess you're scum. Your idea of scumhunting is to make a giant case against me and every now and then accuse someone who defends me of being scum as well or off handedly suggest someone else is scum but ultimately return to me.

4. Haha you have got to be kidding. For a start, I switched it to Vezok because he's scummy as fuck AND because you have a town read on him, not just because of the latter. Your reads suck so I think it's fair. Furthermore how on Earth does doing something just to spite you make me scum? I did it to spite you because you are just incorrigibly tunneling me and no matter what I do, or what I say, you won't change your mind. I said that to you 2 weeks ago and you said "not really, why don't you just find some scum" so I did, and you broke down THAT post and made a case against it... That was when I snapped and did that. Consider why it's been so hard to get me lynched... If I was scum, I would have ONE ally (assuming there are two teams) and they would have bussed me by now. Maybe someone has a cop ID on me or something similar but don't want to reveal themselves? Maybe the other scum team have a cop ID on me and know that I'm town and are defending me for town cred? Or maybe you are alone in your adamant read. You are being stubborn and if I do get lynched you are going to look very wrong. Every player on my wagon except for you, Andrius and Nero Cain have voted for me on YOUR cases.

And the more I think about it, the more I feel that Andrius is buddying you. Andrius being scum and you being a townie blind to the real scum. It all goes back to when he disagreed with your suggestion of 1v1ing me. There was something about that that just reeked of scum buddying.

vote Andrius
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 am

Post by MacDougall »

And really... you get prodded to make a full case on me and THAT is the best you can come up with? Four days of insistent tunneling and wagoning and THAT!? I thought you had some treasure trove of bullshit ready to unleash when prodded but your if your case comes down to that then it's nothing more than an overblown gut call.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:46 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1275, MacDougall wrote:Furthermore how on Earth does doing something just to spite you make me scum?

Ignoring the whole "WAAAH I'M A NOOB" part.

How does this make you scum? Because it shows absolutely 0 effort to actually help the town succeed and instead points to you playing to your own personal motivations, which obviously are NOT the town win-con.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

How can you say that Agars reads suck while also calling her a good town player and calling her scum just now?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:01 am

Post by MacDougall »

I didn't call Agar scum. I called Andrius scum. And just because her reads suck right now doesn't mean they always do.

I'm pretty obviously more interested in finding scum than you Agar. You're only interested in having me lynched. I was unaware that the towns win-con was "get MacDougall lynched". At least I am looking at everyone with the same rationale.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:02 am

Post by MacDougall »

And Agar is male. Why did you call him her?
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am

Post by MacDougall »

I wasn't CALLING Agar scum. I was insinuating that if you Agar were to use the same justification on me as on himself, then he would have a scum read on himself.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Andrius »

TIME.
I HAS IT.
READING THREAD LATER TONIGHT MOST LIKELY.
KEKEKE
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Lol why bother. You're just going to come up with the same thing you have every other time.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Magua »

UNVOTE: manho
VOTE: Andrius

EtherealCookie, how many times will you say Andrius is scummy before voting him?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

if its so bad why did you vote him? and why did you ignore me the first time I asked this?

@ Nero
Because I re-read. Yeah. When people re-read something, they sometimes develop new opinions. Shocker.
And I didn't notice it.

Magua:
I think nearly
everyone
is scummy at this point. Why Andrius over Vezok?
Andrius is suspicious, but as much as Vezok? I don't think so. I don't understand why people are convinced Vezok isn't scum just because his behavior is generally VI.
EmpKing behaved in a very VI manner too, and op, he was scum. Being bad doesn't make you town.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Vezok is an easy lynch. Vezok flipping one way or the other tells us nothing. Andrius on the other hand...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1280, MacDougall wrote:And Agar is male. Why did you call him her?

???????????
Are you serious?

In post 1285, EtherealCookie wrote:
if its so bad why did you vote him? and why did you ignore me the first time I asked this?

@ Nero
Because I re-read. Yeah. When people re-read something, they sometimes develop new opinions. Shocker.
And I didn't notice it.

Why are you being so defensive here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Well it says male under his avatar...
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 am

Post by MacDougall »

Have I got the prize for something to do with being close to being lynched but not lynched yet?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:35 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1278, Nero Cain wrote:How can you say that Agars reads suck while also calling her a good town player and calling her scum just now?

I'm a dude... dude.

In post 1279, MacDougall wrote:I was unaware that the towns win-con was "get MacDougall lynched". At least I am looking at everyone with the same rationale.

Lynching scum furthers the town's win-con by killing threats to the town. Derp.

Besides. Voting for Player A, then deciding that because Player B has a wrong read on you that your personal read on Player A is wrong - because it is in sync with Player B's read - is so ass backwards and NOT scumhunting, it's ridiculous.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1285, EtherealCookie wrote:EmpKing behaved in a very VI manner too, and op, he was scum. Being bad doesn't make you town.

Your idea of a VI is... off.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:52 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1285, EtherealCookie wrote:I think nearly everyone is scummy at this point. Why Andrius over Vezok?Andrius is suspicious, but as much as Vezok? I don't think so. I don't understand why people are convinced Vezok isn't scum just because his behavior is generally VI.EmpKing behaved in a very VI manner too, and op, he was scum. Being bad doesn't make you town.

How do you hold this idea in your head while still agreeing with me that MacDougall is town?

Empking behaved in a VI manner
and is not a VI
. That's what made him scummy. Vezok
is
a VI. That's the difference. It's not some big objective way of defining bad town play from scum play, it's a level of expectations from the player.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:56 am

Post by MacDougall »

AGar wrote:
In post 1278, Nero Cain wrote:How can you say that Agars reads suck while also calling her a good town player and calling her scum just now?

I'm a dude... dude.

In post 1279, MacDougall wrote:I was unaware that the towns win-con was "get MacDougall lynched". At least I am looking at everyone with the same rationale.

Lynching scum furthers the town's win-con by killing threats to the town. Derp.

Besides. Voting for Player A, then deciding that because Player B has a wrong read on you that your personal read on Player A is wrong - because it is in sync with Player B's read - is so ass backwards and NOT scumhunting, it's ridiculous.

I didn't do any of that junk you're suggesting. Everything you suggest is junk. You're entire read is junk. I'm not responding to you anymore because you are so full of shit.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 am

Post by manho »

i really think EC is scumbuddy of Andrius. Vezok is town this game.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:44 am

Post by Wraith »

Bogre
has been prodded.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:48 am

Post by kdowns »

Prod dodge, Building up thoughts so far.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1293, MacDougall wrote:I didn't do any of that junk you're suggesting.

In post 967, MacDougall wrote:5. .... this isn't worth it anymore. I'm done arguing with you. No matter what I say to defend myself you're just gonna run along with your incorrect read. You know what, you're wrong about me so I'm just gonna assume you're wrong about Soda as well, and MattP and Vezok and return my vote to where it should be.

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Nice town post you quoted there.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Magua »

Hey. AGar. Who besides MacDougall[1] are you willing to lynch? How about Andrius?

No one's going to hammer a MacDougall lynch. Let's get a counterwagon going.

[1] And me. Smartass.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”