Imperial Intrigue (Endgame, OUT OF NOWHERE)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:41 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1299, Magua wrote:Hey. AGar. Who besides MacDougall[1] are you willing to lynch? How about Andrius?

No one's going to hammer a MacDougall lynch. Let's get a counterwagon going.

[1] And me. Smartass.

EtherealCookie.

Not Andrius.

Maybe PeregrineV. Potentially Bogre.

Obviously you and MacDougall.

And if town isn't going to hammer a MacDougall lynch... then we're fucked and we might as well pack it in now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Magua »

Peregrine's town. EtherealCookie I can really only see as a buddy to Andrius, so I'm very curious how you're ok with lynching EC but not with lynching Andrius.

Bogre can die, though, that one I can agree with.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:53 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1301, Magua wrote:Peregrine's town. EtherealCookie I can really only see as a buddy to Andrius, so I'm very curious how you're ok with lynching EC but not with lynching Andrius.

Bogre can die, though, that one I can agree with.

Because you're scum, so of course my town-thought processes will "confuse" you.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Magua »

I'm not "confused" by your "thought" processes. I'm curious as to how you think EC is scum and Andrius is town, given EC's repeated "Andrius is scum" cries followed by EC's complete refusal to actually vote Andrius.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:19 am

Post by MattP »

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p3563277]
No one's going to hammer a MacDougall lynch. Let's get a counterwagon going.
[/quote]
I will hammer a MacDougall lynch. Speak for yourself. :roll:
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:21 am

Post by MattP »

EBWOP:
Fail quote

And I *would* hammer it.

unvote: MacDougall

Go ahead, vote for him and I'll finish it. If the reason people aren't willing to vote someone off is because they're afraid they have to be the hammer then fuck it, I'll take the blame if he ends up being village. I'm pretty confidant he isn't.
SlappyKrust
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Bogre »

Ugh, this game is giving me a headache, with its entire rotation around Macdougall VI'ing and vezok being vezok.

In post 1301, Magua wrote:EtherealCookie I can really only see as a buddy to Andrius, so I'm very curious how you're ok with lynching EC but not with lynching Andrius.

What's the Andrius/EC link?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:22 am

Post by MacDougall »

You already had your vote on me Matt.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Magua »

In post 1305, MattP wrote:Go ahead, vote for him and I'll finish it. If the reason people aren't willing to vote someone off is because they're afraid they have to be the hammer then fuck it, I'll take the blame if he ends up being village. I'm pretty confidant he isn't.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with being the hammer vote, and everything to do with no one else wants to vote MacDougall.

So let's get an actual counterwagon that will actually reach lynch.

Bogre wrote:What's the Andrius/EC link?

Read EtherealCookie in ISO. Note how many times he calls Andrius scummy/hypothesizes him was being scum with someone. Then note how he goes out of his way to not vote Andrius.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1303, Magua wrote:I'm not "confused" by your "thought" processes. I'm curious as to how you think EC is scum and Andrius is town, given EC's repeated "Andrius is scum" cries followed by EC's complete refusal to actually vote Andrius.

Because EC also said Vezok was scum but refused to vote him.
And did the same with you iirc.

He's doing it rampantly, not just with one person.

You can't just isolate one incident and say "Aha! That's his scumbuddy."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1307, MacDougall wrote:You already had your vote on me Matt.

He took it off to let someone else put you at L-1 so he will be the hammer. Pay attention scumbag.

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 1309, AGar wrote:

You do not remember correctly.

EtherealCookie votes Magua (#1138)
EthereaCookie votes vezokpiraka (#1270)
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by kdowns »

I'm sorry for my inactivity, I will be re reading the whole day tomorrow and placing my thoughts about the day so far. Had a few games in the last day that I needed to put my focus towards.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by MacDougall »

I thought Matt was town but this new stuff by him has made me have a re-read and I no longer feel that way. The following is a post by post on why MattP is scum. Enjoy.

In post 878, MattP wrote:So Shinki wasn't detective then. O.o Well, that's surprising.

First off the block I choose this quote. It's light hearted enough but I don't see much town in it. Sure it may have been surprising (I disagree) but really, what's the point in saying it?

In post 917, MattP wrote:I know what he is saying. We have played on another forum together where I am more aggressive. Since I am not playing that way I assume he thinks I am scummy. However, the reason I am not playing that way is because I don't know anyone here and am more reluctant to play the way I am comfortable playing yet.

I don't buy this explanation at all. Who in their right mind would care about this to the extent you are indicating. You should play with whatever style you are comfortable with, no matter what. There's literally no reason to play a way other than what makes you comfortable. Unless you're afraid that you'll attract negative attention by playing your usual aggressive way... and as a town player it really shouldn't bother you too much if you draw a little bad press. Only scum would fear their reveal that much.

In post 989, MattP wrote:
In post 987, Nero Cain wrote:

In post 919, MattP wrote:
My vote on Empking was my first post because I was unable to get online and post before that due to RL. After reading up I decided that Empking was the best choice, and guess what? He was scum.

My vote on Shinki was not a vote to actually get her lynched, it was a vote because apparently on this forum when people want to get a response from someone they vote for them to spur them to do so. I had a question for her I wanted answered, I was just following how everyone else does it.

My vote on MacDougall? That was not a bad vote. I said explicitly in the post where I voted that I was doing so based on previous conversatin about him and outlined the posts that convinced me.

Well my whole thing is you said you found Emp the scummiest but you didn't show any work. For all I know it was a bus on your buddy for town cred.

Your Shinki vote makes a little more sense here. Still don't understand what 125 had to do with it though. Did you find this post scummy? Why did you not mention anything about it on day 1.

Mac is scummy to me. Your questioning Shinki about the East when you line of reasoning was "Emp was scum from the east* so it deff looked like an attempt to stall/derail the Mac lynch. I called you on it. You then voted Mac with reasoning from pages ago that you supposedly already read.

For Empking I simply agreed with everyone and was, I admit, a little bit overwhelmed with the activity and not knowing anyone and was very busy so did not have time to analyze every post he made. I've been attempting to put my feet in the water more. However, the most obvious scum points I felt were already illustrated and didn't see any need to be redundant.

I didn't mention anything about Shinki's post on day 1 because I had not read through everything. I fully admit that. It was only after I went back that it made me question his town-ness

I stalled the vote on Mac. I 100% admit that. That is because I like having an idea of both sides before deciding who to vote for. Shinki was being rude and was telling MacDougall that she won't answer his questions, which I thought were valid, because she doesn't have to. I thought that was a stupid reason not to answer questions. Therefore, I thought if I added extra pressure for a response she would give one, and she did. I thought her response was townish and as a result backed off.

I don't buy it. Her response wasn't reciprocating to either of us at all, aside from saying "meh Wraith said we can't answer it" which wasn't explicitly true for the question I asked she more or less blew you off again and that makes her response townish and is enough for you to back off? I see it as more that you took the OPPORTUNITY to back off on something you thought was drawing you negative attention.

In post 1110, MattP wrote:
In post 1108, Andrius wrote:Let's do this.
Proposed Alliance Voting Bloc:

AGar
Cookie
Andrius
Nero Cain
PeregrineV
kdowns
(vezok?)

First off,
Vote: MacDougall

Reason:
Callingvout Andrius with no reasoning, has been accused time and time again for being mafia, I already stated I think he is at the very least indie, so in any case it's worth the kill, since we're pretty down right now.

Second off, proposed alliance voting bloc? Waddya mean exactly?

So your case boils down to me calling out Andrius for no reason, yet in an earlier post you said that you voted for someone (Shinki) just to get her to respond to you. So you did the same thing as me, but I'm scum? Other than that, all you've got is that I've been accused time and time again... And this follows you changing a scum read on me, to a town one... You've flip flopped on me so much it's absurd. Look at Agar. Agar says I'm scum and sticks with it. He doesn't change his opinion to suit the game. You do. That's why you are scum and he is most likely not.

In post 1171, MattP wrote:
In post 1165, MacDougall wrote:
MattP: At first, he seemed to be in a similar situation to mine, but I now realise he has literally gone the easy lynch every time. Has been on all the wagons and is just coasting. Somehow squirms off the hook when confronted. Probscum.

First off, I am pretty sure I was the first or second vote for Soda (not that that's a good thing, just saying I don't coast). Other votes I provided reasoning for.

Second,
Unvote: MacDougall

I think you saying you were VT was genuine. Pretty damn positive MacDougall is town.

Bogre, why are you so damn quiet all round may I ask?

O_o

So you defended me. Then you voted me. Then you defended me. Then you voted me. Here you are defending me again... And this time you are DAMN POSITIVE that I'm town... yet as we speak you are asking to be handed a hammer... Sure you're inclined to change reads, hell I do it, everyone does it (except Agar lol) but not to this extent and not for the reasons you say...

In post 1172, MattP wrote:Also, this is the first week since playing that I dont have anything to study for so I'll have oodles of time. I will get up an analysis of every remaining player this weekend (besides Andrius and MacDougall, since the thing that changed my opinion of MacDougall was one post I already showed, and I already explained my opinion on Andrius which has remained the same).

In post 1244, MattP wrote:After reading through I think that EC/MacDougall/Magua makes the most sense as scum, with Andrius, manho, Agar, Peregrine, Nero Cain being town. Kdowns and Vezok are OMGUS but town probably, Bogre needs to post more, can be scum or cannot be.

I will really try to get out the whys of all of these reads but I have to get up at 8 for class and it's already past 3. I'll try my best to get it done tomorrow. Already told you all I have a busy next two weeks. :/

With that being said,

Vote: Macdougall

Okay this is balls. Magua and EC short of some ridic gambit are not scumbuddies, so for us three to be on a team makes no sense and nobody who reads through is going to feel that way. The general consensus is that there is two scum teams but you are suggesting here that there is one and there are three players on it. Perhaps you know something we don't? The only thing that indicates that I'm on a team with either of them is that they are the two aggressively suggesting I'm town, but if either of them were on a team with me they would (and there can be no doubt) have bussed me days ago. I could be a rogue I suppose... but then Agar would be dead. Dead dead dead. There is no way known that if I had killing powers I wouldn't have removed him.

vote MattP
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:50 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1311, Magua wrote:
In post 1309, AGar wrote:

You do not remember correctly.

EtherealCookie votes Magua (#1138)
EthereaCookie votes vezokpiraka (#1270)

For you, no.

He had been calling Vezok scum while still voting you - however - until I called him on the carpet and he fast-switched his vote.

He also has said something to the effect of "everyone is scum." so I take his "reads" and "voting patterns" with a grain of salt and just figure he's going to flip non-town.

I still would much prefer MacDougall dead though (whoever his scumbuddy is? Nice try to get him to coyly move away from attacking me. Coaching is pretty apparent if you watch his posting.)

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:58 am

Post by MacDougall »

Lol you are an egomaniac. Nobody coached me to do anything and I never "moved away from attacking you" for any reason other than because you weren't around and I found out that MattP is scum.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:58 am

Post by MacDougall »

Oh and I'd like for you to back up that last sentence with some quotes please.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:14 am

Post by AGar »

Quotes as to where you're being coached? Won't happen. It's not quotes I'm seeing, not specific phrases. Rather trends in your posting topics and tone where you move from one topic to the next somewhat sharply and don't transition things smoothly. As if you had ADD with your posting.

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:28 am

Post by MacDougall »

Pfft surely you can give us a brief example. How about you elaborate on the one you just suggested? That would be easy! I didn't ask for a case, I asked for some quotes. Why you fail to do this is confusing.

Why would I need to "transition things smoothly"? That would imply that I am selecting my words over cautiously and trying not to trap myself. Which would be a scum thing to do. So you're saying that because I'm not behaving scummily that I'm being coached and am scum? Because I am being boisterous, "ADD" as you say, I am being coached and am scum? I find that the loud, pig headed players are generally town, which is why I have a town read on you.

Why do you not entertain the idea that you are wrong on this? You have been adamant the entire time and have given me no quarter once. Just TRY to have a town read on me. Read my ISO as though you WANT me to be town. You'll make a stronger case to yourself than the one you currently have I assure you. I did just have a look at your ISO in the Upick game and noticed that you used a suicide bomber kill on a townie. So it's not like you're showing great form at the moment. Be at the head of my lynch mob and soon you're gonna start to develop a reputation...
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:03 am

Post by manho »

that MacDougall is town. you guys need to get off him. he's noob, but town.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:47 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

@ Magua
Vezok is just being terrible. His effort is minimal, like EmpKing. MacDougall's effort is not minimal. That's the difference between the two.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

We should be lynching one of Mac, EC, Manho or Vezok.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by MacDougall »

So you think MattP is town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Most likely, yes. You are your top 6 scum reads and why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Bogre »

In post 1317, AGar wrote:Quotes as to where you're being coached? Won't happen. It's not quotes I'm seeing, not specific phrases. Rather trends in your posting topics and tone where you move from one topic to the next somewhat sharply and don't transition things smoothly. As if you had ADD with your posting.

If he's being coached, who's doing the coaching?
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”