Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Umbrage »

So far so good.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

*cheers*

*slaps*
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

This came to me in a fit of boredom:

Pacifist Mafia.

No lynches, no nightkills.

Obviously, players have to be removed from the game somehow, but not through death. They are just perhaps trapped in an underground bunker controlled by the opposite faction until the game is over, then there is much rejoicing and celebration.

Hmmm. It seemed better before I typed it all out.

Nothing to see here; move along.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So... a game without lynches? The town would need a factional kill...
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Ythan »

It's just flavor.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It would have to be.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

In post 3275, Umbrage wrote:
In post 3257, Seacore wrote:Has a game ever been run similiar to the following...

I tried creating a setup like that. Only I had all kinds of alignments. The scum would be the four corners of alignment, each wanting the others gone. Then there were players in the middle: so a chaotic character would cooperate with CG and CE players, but would want any lawful character dead. Chaotic Evil characters want all lawful and good characters dead.

I couldn't work the concept into a viable setup though. Maybe someday I'll dig it up again...

I've seen an untested game in which there are 9 players, all of the different alignments, each wants a different set of people dead. Obviously it's not mafia, but it worked with similar concepts.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 3279, Nobody Special wrote:This came to me in a fit of boredom:

Pacifist Mafia.

No lynches, no nightkills.

Obviously, players have to be removed from the game somehow, but not through death. They are just perhaps trapped in an underground bunker controlled by the opposite faction until the game is over, then there is much rejoicing and celebration.

Hmmm. It seemed better before I typed it all out.

Nothing to see here; move along.

You're missing any mechanism for ending the game, unless you just reskin it as a 'points' game where certain people are flagged as scum for when the bunker opens? Then it's like a No Reveal Nightless No Exit...
Retired as of October 2014.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 3284, Mr. Flay wrote:You're missing any mechanism for ending the game, unless you just reskin it as a 'points' game where certain people are flagged as scum for when the bunker opens? Then it's like a No Reveal Nightless No Exit...

Minesweeper mafia. All players placed on a map. 2 points for every correctly flagged scum at the end of the game (may change during course of game), 1 point for flagging a scum as a question mark at the end of the game, -1 for flagging town with a ? mark at the end of the game, 2 points for selecting a town member who is town (and confirms player as town. player stays in game), -5 points and game ends if you pick a town member who is scum.

-1 point for every real life week that passes (timer).

Every time a town is selected and is town, the number of scum next to that player is displayed. No other investigative roles.

Game ends when either all players are flagged as scum or selected as town correctly OR whenever a scum member is selected as town.

If town have positive points at the end of the game, they win.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:21 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 3285, zoraster wrote:
In post 3284, Mr. Flay wrote:You're missing any mechanism for ending the game, unless you just reskin it as a 'points' game where certain people are flagged as scum for when the bunker opens? Then it's like a No Reveal Nightless No Exit...

Minesweeper mafia. All players placed on a map. 2 points for every correctly flagged scum at the end of the game (may change during course of game), 1 point for flagging a scum as a question mark at the end of the game, -1 for flagging town with a ? mark at the end of the game, 2 points for selecting a town member who is town (and confirms player as town. player stays in game), -5 points and game ends if you pick a town member who is scum.

Every time a town is selected and is town, the number of scum next to that player is displayed. No other investigative roles.

Game ends when either all players are flagged as scum or selected as town correctly OR whenever a scum member is selected as town.

BRB writing role PMs.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I've seen a reality TV show that worked along these lines; there was no scum, but it could be reworked for a game that included them. The way that it worked is that players voted for one player to become impossible to vote for for the rest of the game, and that the game ended when everyone agreed on the same player to win (or when the prize money reached 0; it was decreasing constantly over time). The Mafia version would go a bit like this:
  • First, everyone gets to vote on a player who they think should win the game. Players can't vote for themselves. If the vote is unanimous (i.e. all but one player vote for that player), that player wins, as does everyone in their faction. (It's thus impossible for town to win unless all the possible players to vote for are town, at which point the scum should probably be endgamed instantly to avoid actually playing it all out.)
  • Then, if that vote wasn't unanimous, everyone gets to vote on a player who they think shouldn't be the player to win the game. Whoever gets the most votes cannot be voted for for the rest of the game (although they can still win if another member of their faction wins the win vote). That player can still vote.
  • Then go back to step 1, etc.

It's equivalent to regular nightless Mafia where dead players don't flip and can still vote, AFAICT. I suspect it's a rather town-sided mechanic, but that might be balanced with a largish scumteam. I'm not recommending it, though, because no-reveal mechanics tend not to be all that fun. (Incidentally, multiple scumteams would probably work really nicely with the mechanic.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Minesweeper Mafia would need LOADS of players.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:38 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 3288, izakthegoomba wrote:Minesweeper Mafia would need LOADS of players.

Or NPCs.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 am

Post by theamatuer »

Its just whatever
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by zoraster »

relevant, but not the same.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Alright, so I'm trying to design my original theme trilogy... and I have two different options to go with. One is very sci-fi, involving aliens and other planets and government conspiracies... the other is very dystopian, taking place just after the "apocalypse" with the world trying to rebuild. I have a lot of room to go with the stories. I like the design process of the stories, so if anyone wants to take part in helping create the full universe these games will exist in, I'm looking for a brainstormpartner.
green shirt thursdays
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

you can't go wrong with a dystopian theme.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

In post 3292, xRECKONERx wrote:Alright, so I'm trying to design my original theme trilogy... and I have two different options to go with. One is very sci-fi, involving aliens and other planets and government conspiracies... the other is very dystopian, taking place just after the "apocalypse" with the world trying to rebuild. I have a lot of room to go with the stories. I like the design process of the stories, so if anyone wants to take part in helping create the full universe these games will exist in, I'm looking for a brainstormpartner.

When are you looking to start? I might want something to work on after WiH3 ends...
Retired as of October 2014.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Skenvoy »

In post 3285, zoraster wrote:

Instead of the massive amounts of players, you could easily make town the bombs or something. Say, 10 town bombs and 2 scum bombs - you still get the clue numbers you recieve in normal minesweeper, which tells you if you're close to bombs, but you don't know if they're scum or town. Maybe, if you had an actual map going, each player could actually know their own position on the board, so they could try and steer discussion away from it? What if you couldn't vote until you actually find a player on the map?

Although I'm months and games away from theme modding, would anyone be interested in musical note mafia? Major vs minor, or sharps vs flats? With perhaps an atonal serial killer? With roles based around a song in that key.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Skenvoy »

Re minesweeper mafia, I suppose you'd have to add an extra rule, something like you can only click a square on the board every two pages, to make sure discussion still happens. Actually, a mechanic like that would probably really help discussion day 1.
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

I'm thinking about starting work on another video game universe based game. I am trying to decide if I want to do Microsoft, Sega, or Sony. I want to do a Large theme, but a mini theme would be fine. If anyone wants to help, let me know.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Umbrage »

In post 3293, Mist Beauty wrote:you can't go wrong with a dystopian theme.

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:52 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Has anyone ever doen a Call of Duty Mafia?
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Umbrage »

You mean where roles are from CoD?

Or the roles are CoD games?

The latter sounds more interesting.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

That would be a small game.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”